• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Better question: Why do my Peach cpus bone walk? Seriously, I die a bit inside everytime they do it.

And something to say about fat penguins: ...um... I can't seem to get a grasp on D3 at all. I space with Bair, chaingrab at anytime possible, dair camp and I keep a waddle doo on the stage most of the time; how am I still getting 3 stocked by Wario?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
...ugh. Why does internet sarcasm always fail?
Because it's so much different to hear the words, and the tone more importantly. It brings out sarcasm and looking at text isn't as effective to please the laughing urges of a human. Like I said it would only make somebody smile or chuckle.

And you fail to Wario because you don't know the matchup.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Why the hell are you guys being so serious lol?
I guess it's up to me, gates, and crashic *on weekends* to keep the D3 Boards relaxed, and chill.

YOU GUYS NEED TO CALM DOWN.
;3

Jupz

Smash Master
yeah I was about to say the exact same thing albino.

beef you need to calm down. lol

so I hosted my tourney today. really fun 22 entrants which was alright. lost to 2nd and third place. got ***** by second places G&W, i really need to learn that matchup. sooo close against third place aswell, third match against his IC's. Doubles was also really close.

results

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Were they screaming at you the whole time?
Meanlies with friends are mean.

I swear someone unplugged my controller at one point and I'm never taking Wario to Brinstar... ever. A good DI keeps his fatarse alive when you THINK that he's ****ed. Then he floats back onto the stage and kills you early.

But in seriousness, I'm pretty sure that I overuse Dsmash after spotdodges (hey I came from MK, it's natural).

Oh and good **** Jupz

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well ****, if you took them to Brinstar no wonder you lost. You gotta take them to Castle Seige or Frigate or something.

And Xivii, who specifically has Dededecided M2K? I want names.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You convince me to never using King Dedede when vs Meta Knight. ._.
Why would you have done that anyway when Kirby, your main, does better anyway?

m2k wouldnt give u time to breath
M2K is one of the more aggressive MKs from what I've seen and he only plays gay and defensive if he really needs to. The biggest reason why he likes MK so much is that he can be aggressive with him instead of campy. I even asked if MK could dair camp on Halberd and he said "yeah but that's boring" if that's any indication of how he likes to play.

Go watch Seibrik's videos for how to play against Metaknight. Its probably where Gates got the idea for that swallowcide.
Are you talking about the recent ones against Raven? If so, I've only watched like 1/8 of those.

Also, I recommend using Dededecide in my writeup of the MK matchup, which was written about a year ago.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
WC DDD's are behind. By a lot.....possibly because we don't really have many... (3) and of those, I don't think any of them even read stuff on SWF.

I only had one DDD doing it to me. Then he told the other about it. -_-

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
WC DDD's are behind. By a lot.....possibly because we don't really have many... (3) and of those, I don't think any of them even read stuff on SWF.

Trust me buddy I knew this. It's a little bit hard to find the correct spacing/positioning of it but I've done it to Zork quite a few times. :)

SuSa

I don't think you did it to me once. Also the spacing isn't that hard. :x

CPU was doing it to me all but one or two times.

Oki (who I consider more of a G&W anyways) didn't know about it until after CPU told him how.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I don't think you did it to me once. Also the spacing isn't that hard. :x

CPU was doing it to me all but one or two times.

Oki (who I consider more of a G&W anyways) didn't know about it until after CPU told him how.
When you chaingrab Snake...you need to position yourself a "Dedede" away from the ledge, and that's where you down tilt Snake. But I may be wrong about that distance, and I know where to down tilt him. It's still hard to do so. And I didn't even attempt to down tilt you when we played because I knew that the timing/positioning was incorrect. I'm going to record the replay of our match on Battlefield and put it on Youtube ok? lol
It showed too many glorious things to the matchup for King Dedede that I demonstrated.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That video upset me.

Then made me happy.

I AM EMOTIONALLY CONFUSED.
u gay lol

So apparently you can dtilt Snake out of a dthrow CG.

I didn't know this.

Common knowledge or not?
Yeah, it turns every grab on Snake into a kill when he's at high percent. I love it. :)

WC is behind in general by a lot.

You're one of the good ones though SuSa.

Beef you're ok.

@ Beef - You just do the dtilt right after the cg. Buffer it if you have to.

SuSa

Beef's the only DDD (next to CPU now :/) to consistently make me feel hopeless.

I'm going IC's against DDD from now on.

WC is actually ahead on a LOT of stuff. :p We just miss minor things (except me because I look for them)

I don't mind if you host it Beef. It'd be good to have some of my... not as great.. vids up. To show that I **** up a lot as well. xD Also I get to study how you work a bit. =p You're strange..

So yeah. Dtilting without crouching first. I never knew that. O_o Hope to add it to my Snake game. :D 6 frame dtilt ftw (that's as fast as utilt, with more horizontal range. FYI)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
WC is actually ahead on a LOT of stuff. :p We just miss minor things (except me because I look for them)
Such as?

So yeah. Dtilting without crouching first. I never knew that. O_o Hope to add it to my Snake game. :D 6 frame dtilt ftw (that's as fast as utilt, with more horizontal range. FYI)
idk if it works on Snake. It seems like they could buffer a roll before you tilted them. Or does it come out faster than ftilt? idk.

SuSa

The MK/Snake matchup on MK's side.

I personally don't think anyone knows it better on the MK side then Havok...

Wasn't talking about Snake's dtilt after dthrow. Just dtilt without crouching. We have a -1 frame advantage on dthrow. =p We have nothing guarenteed on anyone if they buffer something.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nah, Florida's ahead.
I think it's funny how the "pro" matchups are working out.

Between M2k/Ally

M2k: Mk is even, i need a bigger adv... I'll go DDD for the matchup

Ally: this is nothin

M2k win

Ally: I need a bigger adv in the matchup, i'll Go mk.

M2k this means nothing

Ally wins.

MK DITTOESSS lol

What i find funny is that FL was actually ahead of the "meta game" on this aspect.

This specific countering system came up with me vs afro on many occasions.

I'd use MK until the pressure got to me, switch to ddd to get a free win or two from his snake, then he'd go mk, and IF he wins i'd mk ditto him.
lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
WC is behind in general by a lot.
Beef you're ok.

@ Beef - You just do the dtilt right after the cg. Buffer it if you have to.
I swear every time I feel I've buffered it..it doesn't work but whatever, I'll keep trying.
And Gates...I'm ok? I believe that I know just as much as the East Coast does right now. The only thing I'm really behind in right now is placing well enough, seeing as how my underratedness is caused by so many top-ranked players that King Dedede cannot handle all of them (most are bad matchups that I need to work on). But I can't attend that many tournaments anyways, so that's part of it. And less videos.... -_-.

And Susa...you shouldn't go Ice Climbers if you want to be a beyond good Snake, you just need to work on the matchup. Or maybe just work on me because you think I so called "play stranger or differently than CO18". Keep working on your Snake! I still think yours is better than JonT's, and Mojoe's.

SuSa

I can't believe I'm telling you this.....

Lightly hold down and buffer the dtilt. You'll dtilt without crouching, making it fast enough to hit Snake.

I lost to CPU. I 2 stocked him with my IC's. I'm going IC's for the DDD matchup to at least get a "guarenteed" win. Assuming I lost.

I'll play the matchup as Snake, but if I lose. I'm going IC's and a neutral stage...

Top Bottom