• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Thanks Beef, but after the first time I'm grabbed I get frustrated. So I start making mistakes. CPU told me this after our set. (Well, he told Oki but I overheard it and joined in the conversation)

If I'm IC's, I blizzard/uair desynch camp and go for the grab. I just need to work on them past the CG's (I learned the CG waaaaaay back sometime in 08 and luckily, still remember it against DDD... lol)

I know it's pretty "gay" of me, but I don't like losing to ANYONE but MK. And I hate losing to MK as well. (Hence the new snake boards topic. We're breaking that matchup... or trying to)

@Serin
You can dtilt Snake from a chaingrab. Apparently you can dtilt without crouching <_< I like that

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Susa, you don't need to infinite D3 if that helps.
Just move him to the ledge, spike, ice block his jumps, and grab when he up bs and spike again.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Falco is easier to play against ICs and does just as well against Dedede.

CG -> Spike
laser camp
jab combo
sideB away when he's too close
DACUS or spike for the kill.

**** Falco.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
CG -> Spike- DI

jab combo- why did you let him get this close?

sideB away when he's too close- its easy to predict those who do this. Just hit him

spike for the kill.- Brawl air doge, this ain't melee.

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol thanks everyone, although I could have done better at this tournament.

Yeah against IC's seibriks tips worked well the first match I was mainly trying to time him out on smashville with Dairs, but he kept approaching with Desynched Uairs and Bairs so I airdodged through them and Utilted Popo and killed him lol with 27 seconds to go.

So I banned FD, he went Japes and went Falco, I got two stocked lol.

He banned brinstar so I decided to go Delfino because I know he uses MK sometimes, and I was confident I could beat his MK at Delfino but not at RC. He went IC's though and it was really close up until he killed me second stock, straight away he got a grab on me next to a walk off and just chaingrabbed me off the edge and Fsmashed me :(

But yeah seibriks tips kept me from getting annihilated lol.

And yeah the timing is a bit strict for Dthrow->Dtilt, I got a kill off it yesterday because the snake didn't know about it and didn't DI lol.

Also gates Dededecide was possibly one of the best things I have ever seen in my life.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I think vs someone that plays IC's/Mk/Falco.....

third match you should have gone... Either Frigate or Lylat

they both get rid of falco for bad recovery options, has platforms and nothing to gay vs IC's, and is good (personally) for fighting mk.

So you'd be like 5/5IC's, 6/4Falco, 5.5/4.5MK

BUT, that's just me and my preference. PS would be good if Falco weren't involved.

Jupz

Smash Master
Frigates a good idea. He mains IC's though and seconds the other two so I went Delfino but I forgot all about Frigate lol.

Tekk

Smash Lord
I always go PS1/Smashville when I don't know what to cp.

Yesterday I beat Zudenka in a crew battle Bo5 3-2 (yea, the yoshi from the CV)...
I'm so happy now, back in the time he ***** me really really hard.
He's gonna take his revenge at Geneva Brawl Garden II tho lol
Oh and, any ICs seconds there ?I need advices for the MK matchup.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
CG -> Spike- DI

jab combo- why did you let him get this close?

sideB away when he's too close- its easy to predict those who do this. Just hit him

spike for the kill.- Brawl air doge, this ain't melee.

Have you ever done good irl?

Tekk

Smash Lord
I'm sorry CRASHiC but I have to agree with atomsk on this point, you're way too theoric.
Falco's side B to flee is not THAT easy to predict and to punish, "why did you let him get this close", well, isn't it the point of this matchup: approach ?
A good falco will predict your recovery/your airdodge and spike you (but that's all theory so whatever).
But I do agree with you, when a falco CG spike you, juste DI or meteor cancel.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Falco's who side b spam to camp are very predictable. It has start up lag, is punishable, and they are limited in the situations in which they can throw it out.
Getting hit by something other than his jab is understandable, but in order to jab he's going to have to walk to you, and with your range that shouldn't be a problem stopping him from walking up to you. There are plenty, plenty of other, better options at his disposal than walking up and jabbing you. A good falco would rather hit your shield with his lazer, than dash attack, grab, or DACUS. You can see when he want to go for the jab in this situation and you can respond. You should approach him, but there is no reason you should be that close because he has so much stock in his bakery, Jab and Grab Bread. You should go no closer than the limit of down tilt. If you see him coming that close, you should jump and down air immediately. In fact, as a D3, I seriously don't see why you would want to be that close against anyone. The range inbetween your grab, downtilt, downsmash, and forward tilt is your strongest spacing zone. Letting him get beyond that in a situation where you could have stopped him such as walking up and jabbing is not going to do you any good.
The spike is very predictable, mostly because Falco's air game is limited to being very vertical. There is no reason he will be going off stage other wise. If you can predict a shuddle loop, which we can and do, you can predict a Falco's spike.

I'm not saying the matchup isn't hard, but it definitely isn't hard for those reasons. The only Falco's that give you should give you trouble are those that play like Havok's Metaknight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHP8W9n2RUw
Check it out. This is how you play the matcup when they do the things Gates described. There are far scarier things that the Falco can do to us. Yes, this is an old match, but only because the style that you guys are talking about is out of date.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I gave up trying to beat falco with dedede. There are just too many dumb things falco can do to dedede.
+ If he ****s up he can just run away and shoot lasers <_<

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I actually planned on doing that, but I mean I picked up IC's to cover D3's bad matchups.
Why keep going back to D3 when I use a character that has a better matchup against falco?

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Hi. It's like Hello, but shorter.
What's up guys? I've been so busy with school and such. I haven't had much time for Brawl. >_<
I'll be back a bit more though, certainly more then the past month. How's things been with the fellow King members?
And BTW: Yeah, Falco's that bad. I'll go MK or Kirby for that matchup.

Top Bottom