• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I was missed?!? I'm so happy!! XD
So have we made any advancements? I can't fina much, but I heard something about DAir camping? What's new now?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
WINGED!
Marching band got ya busy man :D
And guys, if you don't have a good ICs ready, and you want to CP that matchup, go Kirby. Kirby is silly easy to use in the matchup, and has a huge advantage. Easiest to use CP for the matchup IMO

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Don't you know it Crash. Pep band, SAT prep stuff, school as a whole. Busy stuff. Plus I just pulled off a successful surprise party for my girlfriend after 3 weeks of helping her family plan!! It's all good, but it's just crazy. No complaints though. Friends, family, and girlfriend (17 months now) are all good, schools going OK, and in a few weeks SAT/ACT will be behind me. Plus now I have time for Brawl!
Kirby >>>> Falco. A lot.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I know it man, High School was such a huge load. Once you get through the first year of college, you'll never see anything that hard again.
Me and my girlfriend just past the year mark a week ago now. Its great to be in a great relationship, especially when you are in a high stress year like what WingedKnight is in.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Just one more year...Thankfully with plenty of fun thrown in among everything!
Solid relationship is the best thing for ya. When you have someone that close who time has proven you can count on, it's awesome for both of you. I'm in a good spot! And that's what it's all about: survive with a smile! XD
Congrats on the year BTW!
(LOL Dedede, bringin' folks together!)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Ya know winged, I've been wondering why the DDD boards have been slightly more angry for the last few weeks, at first I thought it was just "Oh, we are actually getting some serious conversation done, os of course things are going to get a little bit heated lately" but now I know, we were all just in Winged withdraw.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Don't you know it Crash. Pep band, SAT prep stuff, school as a whole. Busy stuff. Plus I just pulled off a successful surprise party for my girlfriend after 3 weeks of helping her family plan!! It's all good, but it's just crazy. No complaints though. Friends, family, and girlfriend (17 months now) are all good, schools going OK, and in a few weeks SAT/ACT will be behind me. Plus now I have time for Brawl!
Kirby >>>> Falco. A lot.
Please keep at all of that. That's what's more important for you right now WingedKnight. I love your avatar :)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Aww go on. I've gone red I 'ave! :-P
In all seriousness though, I'm glad to be back. Don't expect me to be around all the time, but I'll contribute and be around as much as I can. I'm glad that my presence is appreciated.
Anger isn't fun, but srs discussion is srs, and important. I'll help where I can. But lets not let that damper the mood! Look to our main: does he stop smiling?
EDIT: Thanks Beefboy! Love the Penguins! A group of 4 of my friends (me included) is called the Penguins in our circle. I'm Kowalski, cuz I'm the smart one/options guy/right hand man! LOL

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, Crashic reposted the Olimar info in another thread and I put it in the OP of the Olimar matchup export thread and in the Grand United guide.

You might as well give it to him since there's a good chance he'll see it eventually.

Actually, it might be funnier if you don't and he feels stupid for not seeing it in plain sight lol.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Guys, Crashic reposted the Olimar info in another thread and I put it in the OP of the Olimar matchup export thread and in the Grand United guide.

You might as well give it to him since there's a good chance he'll see it eventually.

Actually, it might be funnier if you don't and he feels stupid for not seeing it in plain sight lol.
But didn't you just tell him where to find it?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I don't have the link anymore.
Link?

I seriously think we need to do a movie night, though I doubt will I'll agree to something.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
FYI i found the strategy against olimar, and i must say, this is important information that must be shared with the oli boards (if i wasn't greedy that is)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
LOL CRASHiC!!!!
How is your ladyfriend anyway?
Who else has friends in their area who actually play Brawl with them? I've got quite a few. Wide representation of mains! I'm known of course for the Kirby guys. I've been using MK and DDD fairly equally (Well, not quite even. Dedede still as main of course) now since people have by-and-large FINALLY realized Meta ain't banworthy (So he's the best, there's got to be one). TO be perfectly honest I'm just glad playing MK doesn't have as much of an enormous stigma as it did for a few months back there.
Not like the MetaBoards are any fun. They sit around debating MK's sexuality and getting trolled by Gates. :-P
Sorry for the rant, but you guys now I been playing the Kirby chars before any tier list! XD
And does this Oli strat really work? One of my friends is a great Captain, and I've never had too much trouble with him, but this seems pretty unorthodox.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
She's doing great! Its her 18th birthday, so I can finally get at her conscious free. I got her this:

We are going to watch a movie on AIM tonight as well.

I moved, so none of my friends are Smashers, my little brother use to play, he was smart, but he refused to learn anything the scrub, so he quit, and now only plays Guilty Gear with me, and once I learn that game, well he's going to hate that one even more. We differ in opinion on fighting games completely. He likes Soul Caliber and Street Fighter while I like Smash and Guilty Gear and Blazblue. He's really smart player for a 10 year old. I'm hoping to train him into a pro like Razer :p He just has to be willing for me to teach him all the techniques.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Awesome! I'd say to wish her Happy Birthday if it wasn't so sketch. "Yeah, so this dude I don't really know who likes the same Nintendo penguin as I do and I met on the internet says Happy 18th Birthday!!" XD
Enjoy the birthday and o'er-the-web festivities, as well as the official adulthood LOL.
My bro is difficult with Smash. He is an EXCEPTIONAL Ike. Plays better than I seen most tournies play. But he gets frustrated easily, and because I like Brawl so much he feels like he can't fully agree.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That is EXACTLY what my brother is like. Exceptional Ike. I didn't even have to tell him, and he somehow knows to space with his aerials, but he gets very, very frustrated once he hits a plateau.
And I'll send dee a link to your post, and anyone who wishes her a happy birthday.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Ike is underestimated. He's not great, no doubt, but he ought not be as low as he is now. Somehow my brother held onto the "Ike r brokeded" skill from the early days of Brawl. When everyone else found the way around him, he stayed epic. (Not like I can't beat him, but it's insane). But like I said, he prefers to break the mold I set. :-P

Top Bottom