• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Doc King

Smash Lord
D3 is pretty good at fighting puff in doubles. The down throw can be followup into team combos like I was playing double friendlies and was able to d throw to DK's d smash to kill Puff at 80% and get an d throw to Yoshi's up smash. It's even more damaging than on mid and heavyweights because of Puff's weight and how you can even get a footstool combo into stuff like lazer lock.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I cannot remember the last time someone took Jigglypuff seriously.

I mean, she doesn't even have any gimmicks to watch out for. Like Ganon has Flame Choke, Zelda has dtilt/fair/bair and Link has projectile spam, but Jigglypuff... has sing? idk.

Doc King

Smash Lord
lol I'm not saying puff is a threat. I'm just pointing out something that I think is pretty cool.

Since we're talking about this topic, who do you think are the best for us for teams. I think our good ones are Fox, Falco, Snake, another D3, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont think fox works as well with ddd, I cant short hop my lasers high enough to go over your head. and fox misses out on a ton of free damage if he cant do that in doubles. . I dont think ddd is fast enough to save fox when he gets put into a compromising situation off stage tho.

double d3 is pretty bad too. it only works in 2v1 situations and against teams made of 2 slow characters.

snake and falco are pretty much awesome teammates with almost anyone.

olimar ddd seems really gay.

wario ddd too.

Doc King

Smash Lord
i dont think fox works as well with ddd, I cant short hop my lasers high enough to go over your head. and fox misses out on a ton of free damage if he cant do that in doubles. . I dont think ddd is fast enough to save fox when he gets put into a compromising situation off stage tho.

double d3 is pretty bad too. it only works in 2v1 situations and against teams made of 2 slow characters.

wario ddd too.
Well don't forget that Fox's shine can make him float, which can give D3 time to save him. For Fox's blasters, you could probably just full jump blast. D3 and Fox have pretty good team combos. Fox pretty much helps D3 with his very poor speed. You could probably also blast the opponent that D3 is grabbing on.

Double D3 is alright when you are playing against heavyweights, middleweights, and/or Puff. The only main problem would be hard camping like you just kind of mentioned.

What do you mean though abut Oli and Wario?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Okay, let me get more specific:
Everybody who posts in the Social about their DDD opinions are all talk and no action.
Example:
Double D3 is alright when you are playing against heavyweights, middleweights, and/or Puff. The only main problem would be hard camping like you just kind of mentioned.
wtf are you talking about zekey? lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I got trashed in a tourney on Saturday.

And by "trashed" I mean I got seeded badly, lost to a Falco, and then because of dumb losers pools and me not feeling like playing an approximately infinite number of matches, beat a bad Snake and then tried to troll a Peach with Inhale.

I got two inhale kills though, so wasn't a complete waste.

Have I mentioned how dumb and apparently draining the idea of loser's pools are?

I mean... where's the hype in semi-final pools?

Though I am a fan of doubles pools of any kind.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well... Aggressive Peaches, what can I say.

Then he realized his aggro wasn't working.

Unfortunately, I couldn't be bothered to play the MU right.

Exdeath

Smash Master
So I got trashed in a tourney on Saturday.

And by "trashed" I mean I got seeded badly, lost to a Falco, and then because of dumb losers pools and me not feeling like playing an approximately infinite number of matches, beat a bad Snake and then tried to troll a Peach with Inhale.

I got two inhale kills though, so wasn't a complete waste.

Have I mentioned how dumb and apparently draining the idea of loser's pools are?

I mean... where's the hype in semi-final pools?

Though I am a fan of doubles pools of any kind.
Ban Meta Knight. :awesome:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I cannot remember the last time someone took Jigglypuff seriously.

I mean, she doesn't even have any gimmicks to watch out for. Like Ganon has Flame Choke, Zelda has dtilt/fair/bair and Link has projectile spam, but Jigglypuff... has sing? idk.
Kaptain would be all over this post.

wario ddd too.
I team with a good Olimar every once in a while. Its such a GAY team. They're REALLY good when they have stage control because they can keep people out REALLY well. ANNND they can combo out of each others throws. Its awesome. Wario + D3 is one of our best combinations btw.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wouldn't Diddy Kong make a massive great ground type game with us? Diddy can use bananas to like set up a bunch of traps and D3 can chaingrab and followup with hard hits.

I can see how D3 with Oli and Wario would make great teams.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The problem with teaming with Diddy is that you need a LOT of room and near flawless coordination to pull off any of those gambits...which is unlikely you'll have both in a given situation. Dedede is a giant target that needs to stay grounded in a lot of situations and Diddy is a ground based character as well. Its just not a great idea overall. Like theres some potential setups that can be devastating but its just unlikely you'll get those.. Then add on the fact that Diddy's recovery is gimpable and he can't kill and that adds more problems.

The team is probably strongest on a large stage like FD and others where they can just wall and damage rack. Similar to how we operate with Snake and Oli.That works. Its better than going for overzealous setups.

I teamed with a good Diddy and we cranked out a 2nd place (I used :warioc: as well) ...but it was hard.We did have sick chemistry though There's much better partners.

:phone:

Xubble

Smash Ace
Isn't there a thread already about D3 partners? >_>

I've been working with getting some solid secondaries. Wario is my high priority, and ZSS has caught my eye as well.

My Ganon is still pretty good, but my ICs are struggling with desyncs. It's a ton of work to put into a single (or double) character. >_o

Doc King

Smash Lord
The problem with teaming with Diddy is that you need a LOT of room and near flawless coordination to pull off any of those gambits...which is unlikely you'll have both in a given situation. Dedede is a giant target that needs to stay grounded in a lot of situations and Diddy is a ground based character as well. Its just not a great idea overall. Like theres some potential setups that can be devastating but its just unlikely you'll get those.. Then add on the fact that Diddy's recovery is gimpable and he can't kill and that adds more problems.

The team is probably strongest on a large stage like FD and others where they can just wall and damage rack. Similar to how we operate with Snake and Oli.That works. Its better than going for overzealous setups.

I teamed with a good Diddy and we cranked out a 2nd place (I used :warioc: as well) ...but it was hard.We did have sick chemistry though There's much better partners.

:phone:
That does seem to make sense. Like if you go on Brinstar, you will get screwed up a lot. Or if they're offstage it can be hard to get back on the stage.

Just curious, but what you be D3's best teams for doubles?

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think we should find some techniques D3 can use for doubles to improve him. Like the puff not being able to DI out of our d throw actually makes us a big threat to puff in teams and we can trap and combo her even better than the middle and heavyweights. D3 is probably one of the best characters to use against Puff.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think we should find some techniques D3 can use for doubles to improve him. Like the puff not being able to DI out of our d throw actually makes us a big threat to puff in teams and we can trap and combo her even better than the middle and heavyweights. D3 is probably one of the best characters to use against Puff.
Seriously, who are you playing against that you have to care this much about beating jigglypuff?

Top Bottom