• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Xubble

Smash Ace
ZSS is a *****. Don't get grabbed, don't get paralyzed, don't get combo'd, don't do anything that's easy to punish, don't get hit by the über fast jab, don't get hit by her sideb, don't get juggled...

I think you can at least bair and dtilt/ftilt to keep her at bay. I generally go for a shield grab and throw her around (bthrow is wonderful, by the way) until she's at higher percents.

^ All this is from personal experience. Not sure if it applies at higher levels of play.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Seibrik, can you explain to me the zss mu in depth. I'm gonna practice the mu this week, I just would like to know how you approach the MU beforehand so i can incorporate it as I practice it. Thinks like what to look for, what to not get into, etc etc.
I would also like to hear this.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i need to learn that MU too.

and i was suppose to be riding with GA to that FL tourney wtf you guys never called me or PM'd me or anything.

Laem

Smash Champion
When you get hit by dtilt jump + airdodge and wish for the best
Dsmash > your existence
react fast to dtilt and dashattack on shield, or youre too late.
She can't beat your shield well, but the downside is she's ridiculously safe on shield.

Just some stuff outta the top of my head from playing Mr. R's zss. Bad MU.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
im still the best ddd
Im sorry but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

you can grab falcos ftilt with standing pivot grab used to do that a while back

butttt if at any point of time you guys allow seibrik to be know as the "best ddd", ill drop out of college just to find time to play this game.

My future is in your hands.
"I'm the best DDD"
"standing pivot grab used to do that a while back"
So what are you guys trying to say?

I've got something to say to you two:
It's funny how people, who aren't as active with DDD, try to egoboost and claim such things without any recent evidence (or videos& great tourney results with DDD). Then again, it's funny that people purposely egoboost at all. Egoboosting is only beside my point.
I haven't attended **** myself and I'm not tournament-active either, but I don't go crying out to onliners that I did such-and-such or I'm the best DDD. I never have, really, because I truly haven't done anything amazing in tournament. So for you two, it's an honesty and integrity fault. Focus on your Selves as DDD players (if you will) and don't purposely try to impress anybody on SWF with a character you haven't been active with. You're deceiving other DDD players.

Exdeath

Smash Master
"I'm the best DDD"
"standing pivot grab used to do that a while back"
So what are you guys trying to say?

I've got something to say to you two:
It's funny how people, who aren't as active with DDD, try to egoboost and claim such things without any recent evidence (or videos& great tourney results with DDD). Then again, it's funny that people purposely egoboost at all. Egoboosting is only beside my point.
I haven't attended **** myself and I'm not tournament-active either, but I don't go crying out to onliners that I did such-and-such or I'm the best DDD. I never have, really, because I truly haven't done anything amazing in tournament. So for you two, it's an honesty and integrity fault. Focus on your Selves as DDD players (if you will) and don't purposely try to impress anybody on SWF with a character you haven't been active with. You're deceiving other DDD players.
CO18 is an ego buster. It's more outwardly malicious than inwardly delicious.

CO18

Smash Hero
wtf beef you sound ******** rofl. Me TELLING you information you probably didnt know about a move that is pretty much unpunishable by dedede otherwise is me Ego Boosting? I really could care less about how people perceive my ddd because I barely have interest in this game anymore. But if thats how you want to perceive me, yes Im 100% positive that with no more than 1 week playing with seibrik/nickriddle/mvd and rest of sfl Id be 1st/2nd/3rd best ddd again and I have pages and pages of old notes from way back about dedede and his matchups that I still dont see people utilizing after like almost 2 years. For example, hopefully its known now but noone used it back when I played but you can ledgehop reverse dair mk's side b as hes recovering for 16% or w/e and it can kill off the side if they DI bad/dont expect it as low as 140. Ive always helped people when they Asked or If I see them struggling with something/not doing something they could in tourneys but I dont feel as if its my responsibility to come on here and share everything I know nor do I have the time for it.

-dead- @ "crying to onliners". , let me be as I laugh at seibrik related ddd posts because I enjoy it

And also Im pretty sure seibrik just got like 2nd with dedede recently beef and if he truly thought he was the best dedede which im sure he doesnt, for those asking, him being a top 10 mk or w/e he is now will still realistically produce better results than being the best dedede so it would still be dumb for him to use ddd even if he was the best with him.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
This is all I'm trying to prove: Somebody cannot be considered the best of a character if: (the following criteria)
1. they haven't been consistently tournament-active WITH that character and
2. if, during tournament activity, they haven't legitimately defeated notable players WITH that character in a consistent manner.
In this case, the character is DDD.

I'm sure that if somebody has met these criteria, they've created inspiration within many smashers and that the player has transformed to be perceived by many that he is of higher skill level and status.

It may seem far fetched and almost impossible to defeat notable players with DDD especially if they main MK, Falco, Olimar, but that, up there, is my argument. And Seibrik saying "i'm the best ddd", go contrary to that argument.

Aside from that, the egoboosting thing was just a personal attack and it doesn't have to do with my argument.

Also, I only sound '********' right now because I'm arguing...with superb grammar and with some 'big words' LMAO

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I think Beefs post about people saying that they are the best is more directed at Seibrik because he actually stated that he's the best DDD like twice while you didn't.

The ZSS Mu off the top of my head:
- Ftilt at max range.
- dashing shield is an effective approach(except against d smash)
- don't try to outspace d smash when they hit a waddle dee cause it extense the hitbox.
- you can grab after the first hit of side b hits your shield when you get in range.
- her u air Is ******** so try to bait he jumps before falling. And don't air dodge into her.
- playing with pieces is fun. Waddle dee Lob up will protect you for your lag but not much else because it gives her a chance to d smash them. I throw them up Or down to bounce them and just walk forward and see what she does.
- if you spot dodge grab, charge d smash is the strongest punish and easiest punish, waddle dee toss or u tilt or grab also work.
- it you poke her shield she has to give up ground. And your poke is faster than hers.(f tilt/d tilt)
- her jab is okay but look out for d tilt, it puts you in a bad position. If she rolls behind you, keep your whits about you. Rolling away is a neutral option. An aerial Oos is pretty unexpected and harder to punish than rolling back or spot dodging. (the offensive option is often overlooked when you put your opponent in a panic situation.)
- fd > sv > BF for neutrals. I usually ban rc or lylat against them. I don't really care for castle siege or yoshis island against them though. And I just cp fd or frigate.

Hope some of this helps!

Edit. ninjad.

:phone:

Xubble

Smash Ace
Coney vs. Seibrik vs. CO18

A pure Dedede free for all.

You thought D3 dittos were gay? You don't know the meaning of the word until you see this match.

/hypeforthingsthatwillneverhappen

Doc King

Smash Lord
I got some tech skill challenge for you guys if you're up to it. You know the dash dance pivot grab that's well known for it's slope infinites? Well, it works on flat stages on a few characters that makes an infinite. Bowser, which is pretty easy to do, DK which is slightly harder than bowser but still easy, and then Yoshi which takes some tech skill to do. The Yoshi infinite is nowhere near as hard as the buffered pivot grab. It's actually even easier than Fox's nair out of a shine in Melee. It just takes some practice to do and some tech skill.

If mastered, this can give us a great matchup on Yoshi.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol junk.
4god lives by me. idk if ill ever get him to train me or w/e. or if ill just have to learn this dude by myself. which wouldnt be a problem either. anyways the way i see it is ill have to travel OoS alot to get good with d3 cuz alabama gives me NO legit practice whatsoever and it took me like a year to learn mk (lol i sucks i know) and i dont want to wait that long again with a new main.

junk do you get on AiB??
i know ive seen doc king on there before.

dudes hit me up im King Louie on there and lets d3 around and ****.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It's time I buckle down and do more penguin research.

On the agenda:

Finish the Stage reference thread.

Revive the MU discussions!

Get Beefy to actually sit down and share
stuff with us!

Suggestions are cool too.

Look more in depth with slope shenanigans.

Get some sort of active chat thing going.

Doc King

Smash Lord
D3's infinite on Yoshi's doesn't look too tech skill as much as timing. It's more of a timing thing.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Get Beefy to actually sit down and share
stuff with us!

:) I'm gonna make a comprehensive thread about what I think of DDD, how he is, and how he's different to other higherend characters. It's basically gonna be a big project... loading everything one bit at a time, week after week.
What stuck with me though is what Seibrik said: learn the game as a whole, and not DDD alone. I've considered that statement, but it won't stop me from doing what I'm meant to do.

ZTD | TECHnology

Unrelated:

Zeton said:
Tech Chase: Wtf is with all those power shields...? I swear you power shielded my ground laser rapid fire at one point...lol good matches man let's do it again next time .
I shall soon be the PS God. I have Junk to thank for this. It makes the Fox MU like ten times more managable. If you only saw this set...lmao.

Related: Seibrik, who do YOU suggest as a secondary. I STILL cant find one. I need some professional advice.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
inb4seibriksuggestsMK

Personally my serious secondaries are Lucario and Sheik.

Also PSing rapid fire Fox laser is so satisfying to do.

ZTD | TECHnology

See, I have :popo: and they've been fairly useful to me over the past year. But I still don't beat any higher level players with them. Like my D3 does better in nearly every MU including MK, and all that other stuff. And I feel like its just too difficult to maintain them without maining them. They have such a high technical ability demand that its mentally exhausting for me to use them so much in tournament. I get burned out really fast with them and then I do dumb ****. I have extremely in depth desynch game and I know what to with them but I HATE having to focus so much on my inputs. D3 is so much simpler and thus more fun to me. I have pretty good tech skill but when I have to use like...all of it ....it takes away from my ability to focus on other things going on in the MU. I just need a simple, not-so-technically demanding character that can compliment D3. After this weekend, I realized I need to get on this.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
assuming mk is not banned, mk cuz why not lol

assuming mk is banned.... lets first look at ddd's bad (-2or >) mu's and those characters bad mu's according to the matchup chart.

Falco: Fact-:popo: :pikachu2:
IMO- :wario: and :kirby: do really well too.

IC's: Fact- :snake: :diddy: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus:
IMO- :wario: really strong if u get a lead

Olimar: Fact- :falco: :marth: :popo: :peach: :luigi: :wolf:
IMO- :wario: at worst even, bite is rly rly strong for edgeguarding (you can see where i'm going with these IMO's)

Pikachu: Fact- :diddy: :wario: (yeahhhh) :marth: :olimar: :lucario:
IMO- :wario: is by far the best choice out of any of my experiences, sometimes i like it even more than using mk, bite ***** this character, and fart forces pika to never use skull bash to recover forcing him to almost always recover low with unsafe up-b angles, making him more prone to edgehogs... fsmash is also rly gooood for punishing pika trying to space u on the ground. pika also can't gimp wario at all, and u-tilt thunder is near impossible to land given good DI..... yeah wario

ZSS: Fact-: any top tier
IMO-: pefered :wario: or :falco:

as u can see i think :wario: is a very strong 2ndary for ddd so long as you don't mind doing DDD dittoes. I hate them so i also use olimar/falco myself.

if u look closely though at the characters good vs his bad mu's, IC's also seems like a really strong choice if u dont mind IC dittoes, and don't have nickriddle's ZSS near you lol, if u do have a rly strong ZSS that u don't feel comfortable using DDD for, pick up wario as a third at the least to cover the ZSS MU, AND cover any bad stages u think may hinder your IC/DDD decision in a given MU (brinstar/ rainbow/delfino vs unchaingrabbable characterrs to name a few)

so from using the info in the MU chart/ and my own experiences

If you ONLY wana pick up one 2ndary, pick up wario

but i think if you want the best possible consistancies in tourny (assuming mk is banned)

pick up IC's as your main 2nd, and wario for CP's.

ZTD | TECHnology

Hmm...

Like I WANT to use 3 characters . :dedede: / :warioc: / :popo: would be legit. But I REALLY don't feel comfortable using :popo: AND and other character in tournament with :dedede:. I did it last season, and while I got ranked...it was incredibly taxing. I think its better for my own mental capacity to only use one secondary unless I can somehow build more resilience in matches.

Any suggestions for that? This has turned into the Ask Seibrik Hour fyi.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I've thought about your statement too Seibrik and learning the game. What do you mean by it? I get the basis of the statement, however I don't know if with that your implying to pick up a secondary. So, if I were to start learning the game where would I start is what I'm really asking?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
just stop only using DDD, abuse the games counterpick system, cuz in tourny thats what the game boils down to at high level play, and play to win

and tech chase, i dont wana hear you asking for advice to do better, i give it, than hear u complaining that it requires too much work

want to win a tourny? man the **** up and put in the effort to do so, until u do i could care less about helping you any further, gl have fun

or stop whining, man up, and put in work

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Personally, I just picked my main based on a character that i really liked (sonic). And than I played a whole bunch of other characters, and picked the one of them that I liked the most to be serious with (fox)

now sonic fox probably has some matchups that are bad for both of them. But I cant think of one matchup thats unwinnable for both of them, so whatever. I have fun with it and I do my best to place as well as I can. Which tends to be pretty good, and only stands to improve without metaknight.

you dont have to play a character just because they counter your counters, as long as you feel that no matchup you have to play is unwinnable, then you can overcome any obstacle with skill.

Top Bottom