• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The Akuma player in the second vid is actually playing the matchup right, camping Zangief with fireballs and whatnot. If he had landed his ultra he would've won earlier.

Tekk

Smash Lord
PS2. Its made by Arc System, AKA Blazblue people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0seAOBHjxE
vs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikH1aa1T1w

take your pick
OH WOW

1st was just BEAST.

Hi there ^_^

It's 8:18 a.m in France, I go to school at 9 a.m. (a saturday.... -.-)
At 12:00 I'm gonna go to porc's for a MELEE smashfest (with the best melee players in my town). I gonna get *****, but I'll learn a lot.I hope. xD

My crew and me are doing our 1st crew combo vid, we want it to be the best french one, and it will be. >:]

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Sweet. Go find out how his D3 plays and get some tips from him. :) This could be really beneficiary to us.
I actually didn't get to see him because once I got there...somebody took him somewhere O_O. So I'm back at my house and getting ready for my destiny.
Oh Hi there ILoveCelebi.

That scene and picture is so nostalgic :(.
I need to play that game again someday...

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
wooh, so i played in my first tournament today! about 30 people, got to semis, where i got hit bad by first tourney jitters (i thought they were a myth, haha) and couldn't even chaingrab a pit or a diddy properly, it was soo bad, i got 2 stocked twice, =/. but i'm glad i got the experience in, hopefully now that i can go to more tourneys i can do some more stuff around these boards

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Well...I'm back from breezing through Singles Pools getting 2nd, I should have had first if I actually had a chair to sit on against the guy I lost too, Grrr. I got in three videos but two of them are too shakey -_-. The guy wasn't even holding it correctly. Singles Brackets start tomorrow........:dizzy:

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Good ****. How is SuSa doing?
Haha! SuSa got 2nd also...but in a different pool. I finally got to meet his ***, so we chillaxed after pools and did friendlies, talked and stuff. Our Snake and King Dedede team was sex also. (in friendlies)
I finally got to meet good old Junk too. :) We're all qualified to go back tomorrow so I'll tell more updates with that.

And Gates I'm just telling the truth. It's a nationals. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7020

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Haha! SuSa got 2nd also...but in a different pool. I finally got to meet his ***, so we chillaxed after pools and did friendlies, talked and stuff. Our Snake and King Dedede team was sex also. (in friendlies)
I finally got to meet good old Junk too. :) We're all qualified to go back tomorrow so I'll tell more updates with that.

And Gates I'm just telling the truth. It's a nationals. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7020
3 NEUTRAL STAGES?
THAT'S BULL****.
I mean, I don't like Yoshi's, but still what the ****. At least they banned Norfair, so maybe WC TOs have evolved into Neanderthals. Soon they'll be walking upright and banning Japes too.

And yeah, Dedede+Snake is a surprisingly good team. Both characters can hold stock well and kill early.

Good job to SuSa and Junk too.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
3 NEUTRAL STAGES?
THAT'S BULL****.
I mean, I don't like Yoshi's, but still what the ****. At least they banned Norfair, so maybe WC TOs have evolved into Neanderthals. Soon they'll be walking upright and banning Japes too.

And yeah, Dedede+Snake is a surprisingly good team. Both characters can hold stock well and kill early.
Good job to SuSa and Junk too.
I know that's so gay -_-. You have limited options and it's worth to have Yoshi's Island or Lylat Cruise as a neutral. Characters can still play fairly on those five if they were all neutral.
Yeah Norfair has just gotten gayer, I'm surprised it lasted longer in the Pacific than on the Eact Coast, but I think it's gone for shizzle now. Thanks, SuSa and Junk are pretty cool people...I'm going to get a picture of them tomorrow lol.
King Dedede and Snake can do what you said but I think they have to be extra careful or something, but maybe I think it was just my other friend who was horrible with Snake on teams. I don't think Jungle Japes will go anywhere though, elaborate on why you think Gates!

Heh. I was thinking the same thing.
LoLz. Serin loves that word so much, I think I might be taking that word the wrong way now haha.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
King Dedede and Snake can do what you said but I think they have to be extra careful or something, but maybe I think it was just my other friend who was horrible with Snake on teams.
Yeah, it has to be a very delicate balance of aggression and defensive play, especially for Snakes who rely on explosives a lot. Both players have to know eachother well and know what to do with the characters to truly succeed. That's true with all teams, but in this one it's even more so.

I don't think Jungle Japes will go anywhere though, elaborate on why you think Gates!
Short answer: It's gay.

Long answer:
  • Ridiculously high ceiling makes killing off the top too **** hard for lots of characters which puts many characters at a disadvantage since they rely on killing off the top.
  • Any character with a relatively lagless spike (ie. Falco, Diddy, ROB, Kirby, Olimar, Charizard, DK, Wolf, Falcon, Ganon, Samus), on the other hand, is given a ridiculous advantage because of the **** water.
  • Any character with a crappy recovery is basically forced to stay upstream so they don't get caught in the water and killed. This is an inherent positional disadvantage meaning that the character can essentially already be losing depending on where they randomly spawn.
  • Klaptraps.
  • Some characters can abuse the platform layout ridiculously well. I don't just mean Falco, though he can definitely do it best. Donkey Kong, Samus, Falcon, and I think Bowser are also characters who people know can take advantage of the stage's platforms and use them to get around more easily with their upBs. But did you also know it can be done really easily with Metaknight? MK can do ridiculous things like platform-canceling Drill Rush, Tornadoing too and from the ledges, Dimensional Cape nonsense, etc. I'm sure Wolf can scar on these ledges though I haven't tested it. Sheik could do vanish tricks on this stage in Melee but in Brawl she can do chain tricks too. Sonic has good enough recovery that he should be able to abuse this too. I don't even want to think about Wario. This video sums it up pretty well. Basically everything in it except for the obvious stuff that's not in Brawl (wavedashing, l-canceling, Mewtwo, etc.) can all still be done in Brawl.
  • It's gay.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
One of my characters (Kirby) does well on that stage, and I still think it's as stupid as Norfair. Really, if you fail to see how bad it is, play a Peach, Kirby, MK, or DK there. It's not a fun experience.

Kirby's Kirbycide/DAir **** there makes me want to punch babies.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lol. Why is Japes legal... >_> For light characters to stand a chance in a regional/national? Chances are, the opponent is going go ban it and the useless character will still be bum****ed.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, I forgot Peach. She's ridiculous here too.

Lol. Why is Japes legal... >_> For light characters to stand a chance in a regional/national? Chances are, the opponent is going go ban it and the useless character will still be bum****ed.
Nah, they could still pick Pictochat.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Pictochat is a "lol" stage anyways. I don't take it seriously. Especially with the fact that the scenery there can **** you over worse than Wario on Brinstar.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
It's funny because I tried using MK in a few friendlies today (doubles), and I only needed 3 moves to win, wanna guess what they were? My friend was Kirby, so it was just gay spam every match.

But seriously, I moved from MD 3 months ago and JUST found out about Pound 4. This is bull**** T_T

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Pictochat is a "lol" stage anyways. I don't take it seriously. Especially with the fact that the scenery there can **** you over worse than Wario on Brinstar.
The bullets are bad. The fire is bad. The death cart can be bad but it's fairly easier to avoid than other obstacles. The wind is mildly annoying. Other than that it's not really much worse than Halberd, Brinstar, or any of the other borderline-gay stages.

MD/VA bans Pictochat, MD/VA hates banning anything. Pictochat should be banned.

(its banned because of us btw)
Well it's not banned like anywhere else so...u rong.

And what do you mean MDVA hates banning? I thought all of East Coast loved banning things?

Where's your god, NOW?
He's at the bottom using Tornado.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Well it's not banned like anywhere else so...u rong.

And what do you mean MDVA hates banning? I thought all of East Coast loved banning things?
MDVA had Hanenbow legal until someone learned to abuse it, and proved it in tournament.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
The bullets are bad. The fire is bad. The death cart can be bad but it's fairly easier to avoid than other obstacles. The wind is mildly annoying. Other than that it's not really much worse than Halberd, Brinstar, or any of the other borderline-gay stages.
You forgot the spikes. The thing I was mainly referring to.
He's at the bottom using Tornado.
You just gave me the giggles.

Top Bottom