• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Good **** serin.
Lol nice Dawall.

Yeah I understand now Gates... :(. Thanks for the long answer. No homo.

And I agree that the numerous amount of ledges are dumb too by the video and such. It seems as though it's connected to Norfair in how there are many ledges to camp with there.
Very similar...Jungle Japes may have a deciding factor in terms of banning eh...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You forgot the spikes. The thing I was mainly referring to.
Oh right. Well is still doesn't make too much of a difference on its own.

don't forget all the walls.
Temporary walls aren't an issue. Rainbow Cruise and Delfino both have walls that come and go and they're both solid counterpicks. Hell, Pokemon Stadium has walls and it's a NEUTRAL in many places.

Brinstar's gay? What is this, I don't even...
Gay might be too strong of a word for it. I'd say it's more like metrosexual or bicurious.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I guess the spikes are the worst hazard, but again, it's certainly not worse than Japes.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You can avoid conflict a lot on Onett.

I'm just not a fan of stages that basically beg you to camp (PS2, Norfair, Japes).

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Mainly what gates said. Walls are completely fine as long as they "move". Onett is banned for the assumed reason.
Actually, I saw Overswarm testing that ****, and its completly safe actually, cars and walk off. Look that **** up. Its really informative on how to deal with it.

Alright, I'm going to bed, and since we're on the subject of bisexual things, I'm going to share my top chick songs of the decade with you, but balance out that gayness with pictures of them. Click on pictures for the songs.

In no particular order:

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Uhmm ok there was a tournament on Saturday. I went and got 9th out of 25 or 27 I don't remember.
Anyway first round i demolished this snake player who cp'd me to my least favorite stage *read: lylat:, but i still won.
Second round I played Artdude who mains dk, but refused to use his main against me because I main dedede.
He went kirby and we ended up playing on Battlefield where I 1stocked him low percent. Next match he took me to Ps1. I contemplated going ice climbers just to warm them up, but I stuck with d3. I 2stocked him on Ps1 and advanced.
My next match wasn't for about an hour so I just relaxed and talked with everyone. My crew members were all doing very well in brackets, which made me glad.
I check on my crew member scatt who just happend to send reflex to losers 2-1.
Anyway I went up to see who I was playing, and Desu laughed and told me I'd be playing Kismet. As a former D3 main he knew it would be an uphill battle.
I sat down, Calvin and I joked about the name I had entered the tournament as *cuddleykittens*. We began our set playing on Battlefield. I started off doing ok, but then he grabbed me. I went from around 16 to 60. I couldn't really edge guard him. I'd get a few hits in while he was offstage, but he'd always end up back on the stage. I began to think about platform camping but I was already far behind. He got a nice little gimp off on me and I ended up getting 2stocked. Saddened by my loss I cp'd smashville and went Ice Climbers. I got 1stocked, and decided to never use d3 against falco again.
I gave kismet a handshake and set good games, even though I was very shaken by my loss. I go up to see who my next match was against, and again am given the same smirk and laugh I was given last time. The TO tells me I'm playing Reflex, and I kind of just shrug.
Reflex and I sit down at the station we're suppose to be playing our match at, and begin banning. He bans FD, and I ban YI *least favorite neutral*. We end up on SV where he starts off very quick . All kinds of different movement techniques with squirtle. I was getting beaten, but was getting a lot of grabs in, but not follwing up very well. I'd like to blame this on my defeat by kismet, but no johns I was getting beaten. He was edge guarding me extremely well, and it didn't help that I was recovering like a *******. Finally I take out his squirtle and manage to at least lose with dignity. Next match I cp'd him back to SV where around the same things happend. Overall I played pretty bad against Reflex, but he told me that he knew I was a good player.
After the tournament I talked with Kismet, Reflex, and Biglou and they all told me I had to travel OOS more, and I had to play different people. They told me I had to learn different things about the different playstyles and different characters that I don't normally see in GA. I took all of these words of advice in, and I think just by listening to what they said I became smarter. I didn't get friendlies in with either of them after the tourney, because we ended late and wanted to go eat *yum ihop*. Overall I placed 9th, and the guy I beat second round got 7th. It wasn't my best tournament performance, but probably one of my most memorable. I also got to eat free at Ihop, because one of the smashers mothers payed for the whole meal.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Alby, it's all good. You had a good experience from two really great players, so you should feel like a winner.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Good job Albi, bad luck you had to play kismet 3rd match and reflex 4th.
I personally still play Dedede against Falco's, but I don't play very very good ones, I think I'll pick ICs against them in tourny.

9th out of 27 is pretty good ^_^

I went 17th out of 32 in brackets at BNI2, I really ****ed up, but that was my very 1st real tourney so whatever, I gonna attend geneva brawl garden (november) and BNI3 (december), I'll sure do better, at least I hope.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
You guys are too hard on stages. Part of the game is learning how to play on said stage... Norfair and Japes are awesome.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
AtotheZ, what... are you smoking? JJ is a really terrible stage.

@Nya - I think he tried to have faith in his character first, then use ICs.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Well D3 has been my main forever, and I have a lot of falco experience with him. Thing is d3 just gets ***** in that matchup, and Kismet is already better than me so =/. I did better with ice climbers, and will continue to play them against falco until i have a reason not to lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
We began our set playing on Battlefield. I started off doing ok, but then he grabbed me. I went from around 16 to 60. I couldn't really edge guard him. I'd get a few hits in while he was offstage, but he'd always end up back on the stage. I began to think about platform camping but I was already far behind. He got a nice little gimp off on me and I ended up getting 2stocked. Saddened by my loss I cp'd smashville and went Ice Climbers. I got 1stocked, and decided to never use d3 against falco again.
This is basically every match I've ever played against Falco, only replace ICs with Metaknight.

Good **** Alby.

AtotheZ, what... are you smoking? JJ is a really terrible stage.
Wario is his secondary, he loves gay stages.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
So you can water stall there too? =3
Just keep on coptering under the stage and hitting you below it, then spiking you through the platform. Anyway, I think I'll start playing gay because it pisses people off and gives me the win. It worked on me after all.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Top Bottom