• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alright, guys, we need to get a fund together to send Co18, Lain, Fogo and Seibrik to Pound 4, we get Co18, Seibrik, and Fogo to fight Lain, Meep and Hylian in some serious Friendlies (separately, not 3 on 1) so we can see if Seibrik is right about the matchup being in our favor. I really want to stop wondering if down air camping will work on them, plus, I live in the same state as Meep now, so I really need to learn this matchup.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's more like lain, meep, and Ambrose, but I see your point.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I don't need funding. I AM going to pound 4.

And yes, I will money match any IC's I find with DDD, just for you guys. Maybe it can be livestreamed???

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why Livestream when I can stand behind you :p Nah, but it be cool if we could get it livestream pretournament. Cause if you win, then we'd lose the 'he's looisng to the metagame' that people are saying and I'm not seeing.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Basically, people are saying that D3 is 'fadding' because Ice Climbers are rising and they are a problematic matchup, thus some are arguing that this makes DDD b tier material. They also say Pikachu is on the rise, though I really don't see that. Only Esam, Pikapika, and Anther are Pikachu's that seem noteworthy, so nothing there has changed. Then they also say Olimar's on the rise, but again, I don't see that either, at all in fact.
From what I've seen, our matchups are getting better, not worse.
Not that tier list matter, but I don't want the King to be like Rodney Dangerfield.

Unless you mean the stand behind you part, cause I'll be at Pound 4.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You forgot Z.

And ESAM only plays in Florida, lol. :urg:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hahahaha, yeah, but Esam is still really good.
Florida's got a couple of really great players that don't travel OOS, namely Esam and Nickriddle.
I don't know, I just love Florida (hate the state, but love the smash scene). Both Brawl and Melee are amazing there.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
This is all very strange, cuz from what i've discovered, DDD does well in all those matchups, better than even, xept pika which is even.

the matchup im still having TROUBLE with is (smart)falco's

the NOT side-b happy ones, that strait up camp and jab and all that stuff....

That's what's buggin me right now, only thing i can think of to deal with him is running in and shielding, hope he doesnt happen to grab you immediately, then fullhop OOS dair his side-steps/jabs/lasers....

but that's not amazing, and can become predictable

*edit*

NickRiddle will be attending the halloween bash in october. (GA)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seib, you know that pivot walk thing that doesn't do **** for us? Well, if you do the pivot walk (its 1 frame) right before you shield, you turn around, perfect shield it, setting you up for an OOS bair. Would that be of help at all?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
@ICs Matchup - Dair camping only works to a certain degree from what I've seen. The hammer doesn't go as far down as we think it would, but if we (SH) footstool a Dair, that could work from a grounded ICs perspective.

@Seibrik's Falco Discussion - Falco will forever be a bad matchup for us mainly because he's the best camper in the game and that's what gives Brawl it's life. We are a (lovably) fat penguin that is easily subjected to camping. It seems as though even if the Falco doesn't camp us, he still has so many options against us that it will still be a bad matchup for us.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Yeah i won't need funding either, I'll be there, accepting any MM's that don't involve Jason Zimmerman or DDD dittos lol

Btw you don't have to pivot walk, just drop shield and pivot bair, it only takes 1 frame so there's no reason to try to squeeze it in -before- you shield. It also leaves more options that way, like grabbing :)

But yeah pound will be legit, I can't wait to meet my other D3 peeps.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I just told a girl I cry everytime I watch a certain Anime episode. . . .

Anyone wanna high five the best self **** blocker in the world?

Jupz

Smash Master
LOL Crashic :D

Anyway yeah I have no idea about the IC's matchup. It's easier to grab us then MK because its easier to predict where were going to land with our awful air speed. MK's is bad too, but he has tornado to whisk him away to platforms.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just told a girl I cry everytime I watch a certain Anime episode. . . .

Anyone wanna high five the best self **** blocker in the world?
Sir, I'm going to have to revoke your testicles until further notice.

Come back to me after you've watched the entire series of Hokuto no Ken, eaten pizza that's 3 days old without throwing up, and ripped a phone book in half with your bare hands. Only then will you be manly enough for your nuts to be returned. If this is not completed within 2 weeks I will feed them to squirrels.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lmfao, that was pretty **** good. *Saves to the "Funny ****" folder*

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
phone book might take a while, but the pizza can be refrigerated and the anime shouldn't be too hard, but he can do the phonebook page by page.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
phone book might take a while, but the pizza can be refrigerated and the anime shouldn't be too hard, but he can do the phonebook page by page.
Nope, it's in the fine print.

• Pizza must not be refrigerated or preserved by any means. It must be left in a open area at room temperature.
  • At least 90% of pizza must be eaten or it is invalid. Crusts must be finished.
  • The entire phone book must be ripped apart at once, not page by page or section by section.
  • Hokuto no Ken must be watched in its entirety (109 episodes) in one sitting. Blinking is allowed but frowned upon.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
That pizza sounds gross. x.x

I don't even eat leftovers. Screw borderline moldy pizza.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I knew what that was before opening the link. =P <3 Shin Chan.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I lol'ed. **** the pizza. Are any use of technology allowed for tearing the phonebook?

Also, Shin Chan is the ****.

EDIT: Nya where is your new avvy from?

Jupz

Smash Master
Ok im tryin to use ZSS and my friend keeps complaining that ZSS is his wife and that i should stay away from her. Im secretly using her and am probably a better ZSS player than him. what should i do? And this is a serious question.
Thanx for that but i just sometimes feel bad cuz now he wants to main her. Its to the point where I would pick her and he just says "What are you doing. Your suppose to be my best friend." Its funny as hell but sometimes just sad.

ZSS boards are more obsessed with their character then we are.

Tekk

Smash Lord

I hope my parents will let me attend it, it's not in my hollidays (15 November)
And If I do attend it, I'll do better than I did at BNI3...

T3h Albino

Smash Master
That flyer makes me want to go 0___0.
Uhh Bunnyzies I like your new avi =S.
CRASHIC wont be getting his nuts back.
I finally memorized my first 25 bar song. It's pretty badass

Top Bottom