• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I can definetly see the GG influence in characters like Necro. In fact, I was expressing my love for Juri's design to a Street Fighter player from SoCal and I mentioned how Juri doesn't seem like a Street Fighter character, but a Guilty Gear character, to which he responded She would fit in with the Street Fighter 3 characters, which is the whole reason I looked them up. I'm really hopping for the leaked list to be false, because some on that list just plane bore me, namely Guy. I am hoping for the more extreme characters, be they Hugo, Necro, Oro, Twelve, or if they really wanna go the more traditional route, Elena.

and Street Fighter 1 is on youtube.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Hugo is to 3S what Link is to Brawl - Very, very bad.
Imagine Link with a recovery like Kirby's [don't imply anything about multiple jumps for Link, just using an example for a good recovery].
Link is only an inferior character because of his recovery in Brawl, otherwise he would be middle tier because his ground game/projectile game/Zair is all he needs to be middle tier material.
Hugo is a bad character but if Link had a sexier recovery, we can say that Hugo is just a bad character while not comparing him to Link.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So did Beef try to refute my point in any way or did he just post random stuff about Link that nobody cares about?

Also, I watched SF1 videos just now...whenever SF players say Smash is bad I'll point to those videos.

NOT EVEN SAGAT IS GOOD FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
So did Beef try to refute my point in any way or did he just post random stuff about Link that nobody cares about?
Neither, you inconsiderate moron. It just implies that either you don't acknowledge the means to discuss/debate about anything that is posted [or just by me], or you would rather post to a specific party rather than be flexible.
Whatever.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Neither, you inconsiderate moron. It just implies that either you don't acknowledge the means to discuss/debate about anything that is posted [or just by me], or you would rather post to a specific party rather than be flexible.
Whatever.
Oh ****, **** just got real.

Beefy goin' ham on this *****!

/hacked his internet to get on SWF

Zip.

Smash Lord
Whatever.
**** beef LOL

on a different note..

i love Super Street Fighter II turbo :3

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
ROFL. I can't believe you actually used that sig.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Whatever.
lol ok .

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
my replies are in blue

this is what most ddd's do wrong vs zss:
1) blank out in the beginning of the match and get ***** by pieces (there is no zss that uses pieces as well as warp from what i've seen so far)
2) air dodge into d-smash (example setup: zero suit baits the grab, spot dodges, and u-tilts you, you air dodge because ddd's air dodge is good and you just got ***** by a dodge -> attack maneuver so you try the same thing)
3) goes for the grab like an idiot
4) don't know how to powershield side b (powershielding side b is the difference between free grab or having to roll away and reset)

commander beef showed me rolling in on reaction to side b... it's a decent mixup but you can get d-smashed

what i do in the beginning is just jump around a lot and use the instant catch-throw (don't know what it's called) to get rid of pieces quickly unless zss shows an obvious mistake then u can throw it at her... otherwise zero suits moveset is much better at gaining control of items than you

after that its just knowing how to powershield side b and shielding a lot... avoid/bait the grab at zero

over 100% zss likes to use her broken get up attack so u can bait it by walking near the ledge shielding, then spot dodging the attack (she climbs up for a little bit so spot dodge later than you think you have to) then buffer u-tilt and it'll kill her or if u dont think u timed it right just charge d-smash even if u hit her shield she'll get knocked off so your safe

if youre air chasing try to force her away from the center of the stage by covering the inside landing point... its okay if she lands if she's on the outside of the stage that means your at advantage. she's going to want to use her good f-roll here so just be aware of that.

random long post hi ddd's
You got it down, I remember when you were first learning that matchup :p

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, hey guys, how many people here know about the instant throw?
You can cancel an air dodge to throw an item.
You can also catch an item with an air throw.
Thus, you can catch an item and throw it one frame later.
This works for any item, ZSS's armor, gernade, nanners. ****s good.
It also means you can grab a cooked gernade or Tink's bomb and air dodge the explosion as well, and if he didn't cook it long enough, throw it back at him.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, I'd like to talk about Yoshi Island abuse.

When you hit the floating things with uptilt, you will get invincibility early, allowing you to uptilt through attacks that you normally wouldn't. This is comparable to Marth's abuse, where he will tipper an attack against them, making every hitbox after the tip a tipper. This also works with Captain Falcon's Knee. Are abuse possibilities aren't nearly as large, but its still there. This also works with the baloon and any other hitable objects on the stage, so it works on the Melee samus stage as well, and is much more practical there. In fact, that would be another advantage that it would give against Falco there, giving you immunity to any of his aerials with a disjointed hitbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't grab out of invincibility frames either, thus allowing to punish his attempts to grab with uptilt.

Don't let Yoshi ruin your chances to gimp either. Yes, there are weird things happening off stage with the ghost, but you can abuse the ghost more than your opponent can in most matchups (not Metaknight) so use the platform to bair even farther than normal off stage.

Just a thought.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Whatever.
Ouch...Calm down boyyy

ROFL. I can't believe you actually used that sig.
Me neither booty, me neither

x3

I didn't wanna make it seem like a waste of your time.
Oh yeah, cuz I'm sure it took her SO MUCHHH time ;3

i think it's a beautiful sig, reminds me of the girl from read or die hottt
Wrong sig bro. Although I do agree, Dom's sig is filled with awesome.

blah blah blah blah blah something unimportant blah blah blah blah blah we can do this blah blah blah blah blah blah something that isn't useful blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah co18 said blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Atomsk thinks blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Seibrik's blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Just a thought.
As seen throug Alby's computer

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, because making yourself invulnerable to Falco's grab is unimportant.
Also, I mistook you for Bunny. Unless you want me to talk to you like a hot asian chick, change the color.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What the effs. Alby stole my color. 3:< this is MINE.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
His mom came in, saw .Zip's sig, he got grounded for looking at 'things he shouldn't at his age' and won't be on for a while. Beat up Zip if you want someone to blame.

Top Bottom