• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I was planning to nominate them if nobody else did, but if you want to nominate them, go for it! I've got some other ideas.
I have other ideas as well, I'm just making sure the TMNT are being nominated this round because those are characters I feel need a mandatory nomination

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
STAR-LORD MOVELIST
General Playstyle
Star-Lord is a fun mix-up zoner character that changes his methods depending of the situation making him very flexible, though any of these methods can cover his main flaw of his below-average health.

Unique Ability - Elemental Gun
Star-Lord enhances his Quad-Blaster to make use of one of 4 elements (+ the base Plasma), you can either quickly swap between them pressing the button or hold it to make Quill stand in a reloading pose where he configurates the element and a Wheel HUD appears where you can select moving the circle (while isn't recomendable, it could be easier for other people). The element select alters certain normal moves and the Elemental Blast special, all the elements have a cooldown after being used for some time.

ELEMENTEFFECT
PLASMA
Medium Damage, Medium Range, Medium Speed​
FIRE
High Damage, Medium Range, Medium Speed, inflicts Ablaze
ICE
Medium Damage, Low Range, Slow Speed, inflicts Freeze
LIGHTNING
Low Damage, Medium Range, High Speed, inflicts Shock
WIND
Low Damage, High Range, High Speed, inflicts Knockback

MOVEINPUTDESCRIPTION
Elemental Blast​
236+ X
Star-Lord fires an energy shot with his Quad-Blaster, the element selected can alter the shoot.
  • Fire: Changes the energy ball to a flamethrower, the button can be held to mantain the attack for a quite longer.
  • Ice: Changes the energy ball to a chill blast, it has low range but instantly freeze the oponent.
  • Lightning: Changes the energy ball for a electric wave, the strong version makes the opponent fall.
  • Wind: Changes the energy ball for a whirlwind, makes the opponent juggle for a while.
Quantum Leap​
214 + X
Star-Lord jumps in an arc using his rocket boots while spinning shooting a rainstorm of bullets like certain wacky woohoo pizza man, excelent for mixups. The element selected alters the shoots in the same way it does to Elemental Blast.
Stylish Fly​
623 + X
Star-Lord spins while flying upwards shooting around him, the element selected can alter the move, Fire, Ice and Lightning makes him inflict the specific status effect while Wind makes him reach higher.
Explosive Trickshot​
421 + X
Star-Lord throws a grenade, the buttons make him launch it a different arcs, pressing the button again makes him shoot the grenade midair increasing the explosion range. The element selected can alter the explosion, Fire, Ice and Lightning makes the explosion inflict the specific status effect while Wind makes the grenade quickly dash forwards before explode making the move more difficult to react.
Free Ride​
22 + XStar-Lord activates his rocket boots being able to move freely through the air for a brief time, also gaining a new move.
Face Burner​
214 + X (during Free Ride)
Star-Lord dashes through the opponent and puts his rockets near the opponent face to burn them, quickly moving backwards and deactivating the boots.
Level 1:
Make 'Em Rain!
236236 + X
Star-Lord calls his airship "The Milano" to bombard the stage with multiple missiles.
Level 2:
Star Moves
214214 + X
Star-Lord dances to the rhythm of the music while shooting with his Quad-Blasters, during this he use all the elements at the same time and ends with a huge blast mixing all four elements doing a lot of damage.
Level 2:
Awesome Mix
-Reloaded-
222 + XX
Star-Lord puts his Awesome Mix changing the current theme of the stage and entering in an Install-like stat while the mixtape is running enhancing his moves and movement.
Level 3:
The Flight of The Milano
All Buttons Pressed
Star-Lord launches a gravity grenade, if the opponent is trapped he will shoot his Hadron Enforcer to them starting a cinematic starting with a first-person view of the opponent looking around and seeing that Quill is missing. Not so long after, Quill reveals himself, riding The Milano and using all the arsenal of the airship at once while doing some sick tricks, then he runs over the opponent with the airship and when he is near done he slowly moves to the opponent turning around and doing parking sounds with his mouth....just to activate the propulsors engulfing the opponent in the face. Finally he jumps over The Milano and the ship goes away, all this of course with an awesome banger playing in the background!

It doesn't matter if we are in a close room, The Milano will just break the walls.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have other ideas as well, I'm just making sure the TMNT are being nominated this round because those are characters I feel need a mandatory nomination
In that case, I can re-nominate them; I want to make sure that someone does, and I managed to fit most if not all of the lyrics from the original theme song in my original nomination, so I don't want that to go to waste!

When it comes to my choice of guest character, I've got one word to say: Cowabunga!

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

These Heroes in a Half Shell are no strangers to comic book crossovers - they've teamed up with Batman several times in recent years, stopping the Shredder from taking over Gotham, stopping Bane from taking over New York City, or stopping Krang from remaking the multiverse in his own image. (those crossovers escalated quickly)

I'm sure most of us know who the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are, but for those who don't, after four ordinary turtles were mutated by radioactive ooze, Splinter taught them to be ninja teens, and named them after various Renaissance artists. They originated in comic books by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, and they're green, but not rookies by any stretch of the imagination. They've built up quite a rogues gallery over the years - when the evil Shredder attacks, these turtle boys don't cut him no slack, but they've also dealt with the alien warlord Krang, the bumbling Rocksteady and Bebop, the rock-man General Traag, and the mutated assassin Tiger Claw, among others.

However, there's four of them, but only one spot. On one hand, Leonardo leads, making him the natural choice, but on the other hand, Donatello does machines, giving him more moveset potential. Raphael is cool but rude, which seems like it would make for more entertaining dialogue, while Michelangelo is a party dude. (PARTAAAAAYYY!!)

As they're the world's most fearsome fighting team, I think we can find a way around it. My suggestion is to have their Unique Ability be to switch between the four turtles in the order of the theme song (Leo --> Don --> Raph --> Mikey --> Leo), with the speed, range, and power of their attacks being different depending on which one you're using.

Likewise, for their costumes, I'm thinking that we could have each turtle serve as a separate costume, like so:

1. Leonardo
2. Donatello
3. Raphael
4. Michelangelo
5. Leo's alternate costume
6. Don's alternate costume
7. Raph's alternate costume
8. Mikey's alternate costume

They'd technically have less costumes than everyone else in this set-up (with each turtle having two costumes), but this way, people can pick their favourite turtle to start as, since we don't have Injustice's gear system. However, that's just my own take on it, and we can decide on that (if they get in) when we get to the costume job for them.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have come a long way from starting off as something of a Daredevil parody (Stick --> Splinter, Hand ninjas --> Foot Clan, etc.), and if we're including guest characters in here, I figure that these brothers should get a chance to give the worlds of Marvel and DC a taste of Turtle Power!

(out of the lyrics to the theme song, it was tough to fit "and they're green" in this description)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
No guest supervillains?

Well, we can fix that.

Guest Submission: Megamind

Megamind is the main protagonist/antagonist of the 2010 Dreamworks film of the same name. He is a super intelligent alien refugee (a la Superman) who fights Metro Man (also an alien refugee) for control of their city. This is basically his whole life. So when he eventually wins...what's a supervillain to do? Make a better superhero, of course! This plan backfires right in his face, as the guy ends up turning into an even worse supervillain than he ever was. Megamind, fortunately, is able to save the city and become its new savior.
Despite being a hero by the movie's end, Megamind will always be a "bad guy" at heart, and I think it would be cool to add him to the guest roster for that reason, as well ast he fact that Megamind (the franchise) is just huge. I have not seen the film for myself, so I can't write up as much as I did for Scott Pilgrim, but the gist is that this guy would be awesome to have.
As for what Megamind could do, I imagine he'd be trapper who overwhelms his opponent by placing down sensory-activated bombs, immobilizes opponents by dehydrating them into small cubes, or summoning holographic clones of himself. I could also see his henchman Minion being a part of his Level 1, 2 and 3 moves.
Also, his design is cool as hell. Looks like Lex Luthor and the Blue Man Group fused together, with a punk rock concert thrown in the mix.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 207: Guest Character (DLC)
HELLBOY
First Appearance: San Diego Comic-Con Comics #2 (August 1993)

A character that I'm quite honestly surprised has not been nominated yet, across both guest rounds. And I'm surprised, because when someone thinks of Comic Book characters (and more specifically at that, superheroes) that exist outside of Marvel & DC, the answers are few and far between, but his name is always there. Perhaps it's because of how popular his movies were, or Dark Horse having a big name in comics, but let's face it, it's really because he's just uniquely awesome. No other character can match the description Hellboy boasts, because no other character is some Nazi-kiling monster-hunting gun-toting cigar-smoking wise-mouthed pancake-loving demon from hell like Hellboy is. Things are about to get interesting...

Being a demon from hell who's specially trained to hunt monsters and magical anamolies, Hellboy is well suited for combat and has the superhuman powers to back that claim up. Superhuman strength exceeding 1 ton, enhanced physical endurance and durability, and an insane healing factor that allows him to walk away from any fight unscathed.
Of course, that's not to say he isn't well-equipped for impractical situations. Knowledgable in necromancy and black magic, Hellboy knows his way around a bad spell or two; Furthermore, he has been known to use many holy relics in multiple scenarios, and this even includes the legendary Excalibur; Yes, the sword of King Arthur himself, for which Hellboy has yielded in battle!
And we can't forget about 'ol faithful, the trust revolver named in the films "The Good Samaritan"; Specially designed to pack a punch and kill whatever creepy crawlers, this isn't an ordinary revolver; It's Hellboy's and though he's a bit of a lousy shot he can still fire a few holy dings in ya'!
And of course, the only weapon you really need to worry about: The Right Hand of Doom!... yeah, it's a giant stone fist he wears pretty much all the time. Like Megatron's fusion cannon, it's a straightforward weapons that's permanently afixed to the image of the character, but nobody would have it any other way. Right Hand of Doom, forever!

Reasons for Inclusion:
  • Iconic character
  • Fits the Superhero genre
  • Moveset potential
  • Fighting Game veteran

---

I went back and changed the Level 2 Super in my Star-Lord moveset.
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer , I gotta say, I really love the presentation of your moveset

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Star-Lord costumes, and Star-Lord's rival will be Catwoman by default! Here's the poll for Lois Lane's rival:

We'll vote here in regards to the Star-Lord movesets

-1SecondNinja
-Infinity Sorcerer

Here are the nominees for the second guest round!

guest nominations round 2.png

-Vriska (Homestuck) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Billy Butcher (The Boys) ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Optimus Prime (Transformers) ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-WordGirl ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
-Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia) ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Spawn ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Kamen Rider Kuuga ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-Judge Dredd (@Darkonedagger)
-The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who) ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Megamind ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
-Hellboy ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )

Vote for your top four, since we have a lot of nominations this time around (this way, there's a bit more freedom of choice); the top two will get in, and you can't put your own in first place. (first place gets four points, second place gets three, etc.)

1. Spawn
2. TMNT
3. Judge Dredd
4. Hellboy

Shout-outs to Luffy and Optimus Prime; they'd be fun inclusions.

We won't have a job today, since a lot of the future jobs depend on the outcome of this one. Instead, I'll ask a what-if question:

If there was an Injustice-style Marvel game, what would you want the roster to be?

I figure that, if we're being realistic, there would be a Marvel game made in the style of Injustice before a crossover like this, to save on time and resources. (the gameplay of this borrows elements from Injustice, so I figure it would be by the same developers) Your roster doesn't have to be based on what we have in this game; you can include whoever you want. (so if you think someone like Mr. Fantastic, Kang, Sam Wilson (either as Falcon or as Captain America), Phoenix, etc. should be included, go ahead)

To keep it realistic, we'll go with a total of 30 characters, or 40 if you want to include DLC. (I figured I'd go with a similar size compared to Injustice 2) This is just for fun; I wanted to see what people would come up with.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. TMNT
  2. Spawn
  3. Hellboy
  4. Judge Dredd
Yeah I think these guys are the ones that makes most sense, thought that doesn't mean that the others choices sounds funny too.

If there was an Injustice-style Marvel game, what would you want the roster to be?

I figure that, if we're being realistic, there would be a Marvel game made in the style of Injustice before a crossover like this, to save on time and resources. (the gameplay of this borrows elements from Injustice, so I figure it would be by the same developers) Your roster doesn't have to be based on what we have in this game; you can include whoever you want. (so if you think someone like Mr. Fantastic, Kang, Sam Wilson (either as Falcon or as Captain America), Phoenix, etc. should be included, go ahead)

To keep it realistic, we'll go with a total of 30 characters, or 40 if you want to include DLC. (I figured I'd go with a similar size compared to Injustice 2) This is just for fun; I wanted to see what people would come up with.
I personally think that most likely it would has a roster similar to the old MUA games who where based in Civil War (that it's basically Marvel's own take on Injustice before Injustice existed). Since we are talking of just Marvel there it would probably be some additional space for more deep cuts from them. I would think on something like what happened to The Atom in IJ2 where instead of Ray Palmer the version of the character was Ryan Choi, so maybe something like Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot instead of his most common incarnation as Green Goblin or Iron Fist under the mantle of Daredevil (something that did happen during Civil War). The only problem I can see with to make it based on Civil War is that it leaves little to no participation of certain important factions that has a very little or nonexistent role in the story like the X-Men, the Inhumans or, of course, every character that appeared posteriorly. Soooo maybe something based on Civil War without being actually Civil War would be the best choice.

Considering Netherrealm Studios' love for the zoners I think I would be very safe using a character like The Punisher or Bullseye lol.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Star-Lord costumes, and Star-Lord's rival will be Catwoman by default! Here's the poll for Lois Lane's rival:

-1SecondNinja
-Infinity Sorcerer

View attachment 362487

-Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia) ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

Vote for your top four, since we have a lot of nominations this time around (this way, there's a bit more freedom of choice); the top two will get in, and you can't put your own in first place.

1. Spawn
2. TMNT
3. Judge Dredd
4. Hellboy

We won't have a job today, since a lot of the future jobs depend on the outcome of this one. Instead, I'll ask a what-if question:

1. Kamen Rider - Because honestly, a tokusatsu hero feels like a really cool inclusion! Doesn't hurt that there's tons of source material to pull from, either!
2. Monkey D. Luffy - To be honest, he feels like a really solid manga inclusion - plenty of legacy, plenty of personality, plenty of moveset potential.
3. Spawn - Whilst I absolutely feel he's a good inclusion, he has seen some spotlight before - but I won't deny he'd be incredibly fun to see here.
4. Judge Dredd - I think he'd be a good inclusion to see interact with some others here, like Batman and the like. Plus, he's just... kinda cool!

In terms of an Injustice-style Marvel game, it'd have to depend (to me at least) on how the story's handled. I know the obvious response is to say "just do Civil War" but how you handle the story very much defines your characters aside from a few. For instance, if you were going for Civil War as your story basis, a pretty obvious character inclusion would be Speedball/Penance given their importance to the comic storyline - though they'd be considered in a modern market to be a "deep-ish cut", they'd be important to that sort of storyline, but would feel like a bit of a weird choice if you were using Secret Wars as your basis. Of course, you could go full Injustice and create a whole new storyline too - but then that takes a lot more effort...

I feel like there's also the elephant in the room with the MCU - which kind of lends to a feeling of a lot of characters being "shoe-in" picks but sort of limits your roster after that point, but then if you don't include them it feels really weird - which is how you end up with a roster like we got in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

As such, I couldn't really suggest a full-sized roster, because there's a lot of ifs and buts that sort of need to be worked around. However, I do have a few suggestions! First up, I actually think it'd be really cool if "Captain America" were specifically Sam Wilson's variant of him, but Steve could still be in the game in one of his alternative identities like Nomad - or perhaps replaced with U.S. Agent. I'm well aware it'd be a controversial decision but I think it'd be fun. Second, I think Aaron Stack, A.K.A. X-51, A.K.A. Machine Man would be a really cool inclusion that isn't too obscure or too obvious but that nobody mentions. I'll try and leave it at that because I would probably ramble on for way too long about all this!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja

-1SecondNinja
-Infinity Sorcerer

View attachment 362487

Vote for your top four, since we have a lot of nominations this time around (this way, there's a bit more freedom of choice); the top two will get in, and you can't put your own in first place.

1. Spawn
2. TMNT
3. Judge Dredd
4. Hellboy

I figured today we would also nominate or atleast discuss themes for Season 3; Then again it would get pretty packed.

As far as an Injustice Marvel-roster, I feel like what we've been doing for Marvel in this thread is really what a definitive Marvel fighting roster would look like, and I have a hard time imagining that 95% of our picks wouldn't also carry over into an official game. There would possibly be a few outliers such as Black Widow being included, perhaps 1 or 2 more X-Men, etc., but otherwise we've been hitting it pretty darn close and that in tuens makes me feel like we've done a great job on our own roster.
Of course there are characters that I would like to see in a fighting game due to how interesting they'd be, but those would probably be nominations for our Season 3.

Oh, and as for my votes:
1. TMNT
2. Spawn
3. Hellboy
4. Deku

These 4, plus Dredd and Butcher, are probably the best possible outcomes for Guest Characters in this thread, as they fit the theme the best and rank as some of the most influential comic/superhero characters to boot, making their inclusions feel way more grandiose in a DC vs. Marvel game.
I love Optimus Prime as a character (I have my own Optimus shelf in my room), but I don't see Transformers as a superhero IP and I don't think he fits into this roster.

On another note, did this break the record for most nominations in a single round? Because wow, this felt jam-packed! Why can't every round be like this :c

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Small thought, Megadoomer Megadoomer there it was a job for Anti-Monitor's moveset before, but we are near the end of the Season 2 and there it wasn't jobs for Knull and BWL. I wanted to ask if you will do specific jobs or if I can try to do one whenever I want, I already have a pair of ideas (especially for Knull).
Sorry about that; it slipped my mind. We can do that tomorrow for one of them (probably Knull since he got in first), along with a stage nomination for whoever comes in first for this vote.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Sorry about that; it slipped my mind. We can do that tomorrow for one of them (probably Knull since he got in first), along with a stage nomination for whoever comes in first for this vote.
Have we ever considered doing two nominations in day? I know it's alot but the bulk of Season 2 will be done or in progress by tomorrow; I figured after Boss movesets and stages we could do both the costumes and Season 3 themes, just so we're not dragging it out.

On the other hand, I suppose 2 nominations per day usually aren't done specifically to avoid overbloated posts/days, so it's up to the thread runner but that is my suggestion for it.

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Optimus Prime
2. The Ninja Turtles
3. Spawn
4. Judge Dredd

A good few honorable mentions, but here we are.

Marvel Injustice? I guess call it "Marvel Vengeance" and loosely base it on Civil War, but take it even further.
Anti-Registration
Captain America, Black Panther, the Hulk, Daredevil
Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix
The Invisible Woman, the Human Torch, the Thing

Pro-Registration
Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Thor, Ant-Man & Wasp
Spider-Man, She-Hulk, Sentry, Mr. Fantastic
Doctor Strange, Blade, Songbird, Green Goblin

Villains
Loki, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Ultron

Neutral
Squirrel Girl, Devil Dinosaur, Man-Thing, Silver Surfer
32 characters.

DLC
More Thunderbolts: Venom, Taskmaster
Moonstone as an alt for Captain Marvel [so 2 characters, not 3. Probably way more skins besides that, as well.]
Guardians: Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket & Groot
Three Guest Stars: Conan the Barbarian, Scrooge McDuck, Darth Vader
For a total of now 40 characters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Have we ever considered doing two nominations in day? I know it's alot but the bulk of Season 2 will be done or in progress by tomorrow; I figured after Boss movesets and stages we could do both the costumes and Season 3 themes, just so we're not dragging it out.

On the other hand, I suppose 2 nominations per day usually aren't done specifically to avoid overbloated posts/days, so it's up to the thread runner but that is my suggestion for it.
It depends on what the nominations are for; if it's costumes, I know that having a bunch of images or videos embedded on a page makes it take longer to load, so I try to spread those out if at all possible.

I try to avoid things like doing two moveset jobs at once because I realize that only a handful of people (mainly you, me, and Infinity Sorcerer) seem to have an interest in coming up with movesets, so I like to provide a job that doesn't require as much detail alongside the moveset jobs so that people can participate on a given day even if they don't want to type up detailed movesets.

Beyond that, I just kind of pick jobs as a spur-of-the-moment thing (which can backfire on me, since I forgot about the boss movesets), so I'll see how it goes from here.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
First thing's first - the results for the guest characters! (the votes look higher than normal, but that's due to the fact that we voted for four characters instead of three - it's still got one of the highest amounts of participation out of any round, but a few rounds had more people participating)

Billy Butcher: 1
WordGirl: 2
Luffy: 6
Optimus Prime: 7
Deku: 8
Judge Dredd: 11
Hellboy: 12
Kamen Rider Kuuga: 17
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 28
Spawn: 38

Here are our new guest characters!

guest 2 winners.png

I doubt Spawn's inclusion came as a surprise to anyone - everyone included him in their top four. Congratulations, Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !

Spider-Man will be Lois Lane's rival in arcade mode, and we'll use Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset for Star-Lord!

---

We're not done with season 2 yet, but we have decided on the roster, and this is how it turned out:

mvdc season 2.png

-Poison Ivy
-The Sentry
-Gorilla Grodd
-Ultron
-Lois Lane
-Star-Lord
-Spawn
-The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

What are your thoughts?

I'm aware that about half of this season is going to be controversial, to say the least, but I'm happy with it. Much like Black Adam in the first season, Poison Ivy, Grodd, and Ultron felt like characters who could have been included in the base game if we decided on a slightly higher number. (Star-Lord likely could have been in there as well, but I'm glad we went with Rocket and Groot for the Marvel cosmic character)

I'm not overly familiar with the Sentry (I read a few comics that included him back in the Dark Avengers era, but that was about it), but the moveset made good use of his split personalities, and it felt fitting to include a Superman homage in here. Lois was definitely not a character that I expected, but I thought she was a fun inclusion; I don't mind if we don't take ourselves seriously every now and then. (even if it means that my dreams of a Jimmy Olsen moveset filled with wacky Silver Age transformations are crushed... sniff (I'm joking; it was more of a whim than a serious idea))

As for the guest characters, I haven't read much of Spawn, but I know people really wanted to see him as a guest character in Injustice. I'm obviously happy with the inclusion of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; I nominated them twice, and having read through the Batman crossovers recently, I'm looking forward to writing out their interactions with the Marvel and DC casts.

---

Job 208: nominate a moveset for Knull

I forgot that we didn't have movesets for two of the bosses, so I'm going to start with the first one now.

Job 209: nominate a stage for Spawn

I didn't want to do two moveset jobs at once, so I'll go with Spawn's stage first. Any location associated with Spawn will work for this.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
First thing's first - the results for the guest characters! (the votes look higher than normal, but that's due to the fact that we voted for four characters instead of three - it's still got one of the highest amounts of participation out of any round, but a few rounds had more people participating)

View attachment 362519

I doubt Spawn's inclusion came as a surprise to anyone - everyone included him in their top four. Congratulations, Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !

Spider-Man will be Lois Lane's rival in arcade mode, and we'll use Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset for Star-Lord!

---

We're not done with season 2 yet, but we have decided on the roster, and this is how it turned out:

View attachment 362520
-Poison Ivy
-The Sentry
-Gorilla Grodd
-Ultron
-Lois Lane
-Star-Lord
-Spawn

What are your thoughts?

I'm aware that about half of this season is going to be controversial, to say the least, but I'm happy with it. Much like Black Adam in the first season, Poison Ivy, Grodd, and Ultron felt like characters who could have been included in the base game. (Star-Lord likely could have been in there as well, but I'm glad we went with Rocket and Groot for the Marvel cosmic character)

I'm not overly familiar with the Sentry (I read a few comics that included him back in the Dark Avengers era, but that was about it), but the moveset made good use of his split personalities, and it felt fitting to include a Superman homage in here. Lois was definitely not a character that I expected, but I thought she was a fun inclusion; I don't mind if we don't take ourselves seriously every now and then. (even if it means that my dreams of a Jimmy Olsen moveset filled with wacky Silver Age transformations are crushed... sniff (I'm joking; it was more of a whim than a serious idea))

As for the guest characters, I haven't read much of Spawn, but I know people really wanted to see him as a guest character in Injustice. I'm obviously happy with the inclusion of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; I nominated them twice, and having read through the Batman crossovers recently, I'm looking forward to writing out their interactions with the Marvel and DC casts.

---

Job 208: nominate a moveset for Knull

I forgot that we didn't have movesets for two of the bosses, so I'm going to start with the first one now.

Job 209: nominate a stage for Spawn

I didn't want to do two moveset jobs at once, so I'll go with Spawn's stage first. Any location associated with Spawn will work for this.
Going by parts just like Jack the Ripper.

I'm impressed of the amount of characters nominated by me that get into to the season, while I think I nominated some safe bets like Ultron and Spawn (I find Star-Lord quite less safe considering how close it was of other thread favorite Adam Warlock) this thread really impressed me sometimes with the results, something that happened with Lois Lane. I will not say something more about it since we already talked back then and I gave my opinion, the concept is fun but I personally feel that there it was better options in that round, something that I also think with Gorila Groot, while his inclusión didnt impressed me I must admit that its far to be my favorite Flash rogue and I just never liked too much the character, of course funeeh monki but I dont see the appeal to others, shared sentiment with Poison Ivy, nothing against she but in terms of people who controls plants I prefer Swamp Thing and I was really hoping to see the thread turn around to the potential of the Batfamily that its still untapped (just Nightwing and the proper Batman (and Harley Queen if you count it, since she counts sometimes) are here, when you can also have the likes of Red Hood, Batwoman, The Signal, Azrael, Red Robin or any of the three Batgirls (Barbara, Stephanie and Cassandra). While I find unlikely that a Batfamily theme for the third season would be popular at least maybe they could fit in a Street-Level job, something that we can also consider for Marvel, talkikg about it...

The Marvel Knights job was very neat and I think it was one of the most interesings during the DLCs, while Sentry's inclusion is controversial, I think he is a very good option, I mist admit that I knew about the character until it was submited for the first time but after indague more in him he grew on me. Star-Lord is a character that I very like from the móviles and I recently started to read his stories, very glad that he made in. Same goes to Ultron that even of as I said it was a very safe bet I think it was a character that it just must be in more soon than later.

I definitively see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the correct decision alongside Spawn (who recently announced a new run of a crossover with Batman, just on time!) but I'm impressed of how well receive was Kamen Rider Kuuga. While the tokusatsu fangirl is my cousin I knew a pair of things and the idea to have a tokusatsu hero is very badass. Definitively something that I should consider in the next season.

I would submit things for both jobs later today.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Spawn stage nomination

Malebolgia's Realm

The depths of hell, basically. Malebolgia looms in the background, with flames, lakes of blood (or at least red lakes), and lesser demons watching the fight, which takes place on a pitch-black stone platform.

---

A quick heads up that I won't be starting the next jobs until later tomorrow, due to work. I might be able to get it posted an hour or so later than my normal time, but it might not be until roughly four or five hours later than normal.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
KNULL BOSS FIGHT

This is, impressively, my first time writing a boss moveset!, so let's do this right. Knull would only have one phase and it would be fought in a special stage know has the Symbiote Hive. This stage isn't very fancy, looking mostly like the background behind Knull (of course, since in the end, this isn't a playable stage so it couldn't be too much detalled).

Unique Ability: All-Black the Necrosword
The first symbiote and Knull's weapon of selection, All-Black, a weapon strong enough to kill Celestials. Knull has some moves that stacks a Premonition of Death status, a special status that usually it doesn't do anything apart of put a special icon below the player's life meter, but if he stacks a total of 10 of them any attack that involves the Necrosword would inflict Instant Death. This would sound unfair af, and it kinda is, at least they don't stack if you block and they fade away after a time so he needs to put all the Premonition of Death seals in short time to active this ability. The Necrosword also naturally inflicts Bleed.

MOVEDESCRIPTION
Seek & Destroy
Knull leaps upwards and descends doing a heavy strike with his Necrosword.
In The Abyss
Knull converts into darkness and moves in the ground, like Zato's Break the Law move from Guilty Gear.
The Number of the Beast
Knull summons multiple abyss drills in the floor, they moves fullscreen at high speed so better jump at time or hove above them!
Master of Puppets
Knull calls a Symbiote Dragon, they hover in the screen attacking from above and breathing fire indepently of Knull. They can be killed with a pair of attacks or they can also simple fade away after some time.
Helter Skelter
Knull summons from his hand a red symbiote projectile, it's slow and multihiting.
Painkiller
Knull screams while a huge vortex of void covers him, his main anti-aerial attack.
Aces High
Knull summons a pair of draconic wings, he can fly now, deal with it.
Level 1 - Death Grips
Knull extends his symbiote armor to grab the opponent, when he connects, he covers the opponent in Living Abyss and obliterates them with ferocious slashes, it automatically stacks 3 Premonition of Death seals.
Level 2 - Fleshgod Apocalypse
Knull increase the size of the Necrosword to almost has big as him, thrusting it forwards with great force.
Level 3 - King in Black
Also know as the only attack without a name that comes from a Metal song/band, Knull opens a vortex to the reality with All-Black to Klyntar where thousands of symbotes lunge forwards the opponent. they have an enhanced Instant-Kill effect being able to kill the opponent with half the seals required (so, 5 seals are enought to kill you).

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja

View attachment 362519

While this was definitely the most nominations for a single round, I think doing 4 votes per person was a bit much- the gap between points is huge.

Also, congrats Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer on the Star-Lord moveset; Though, I'm not surprised since yours makes a lot of tweaks and improvements to mine. I would still say to make flight a Super Move, though that's just my personal preference for how it should function.

View attachment 362520
-Poison Ivy
-The Sentry
-Gorilla Grodd
-Ultron
-Lois Lane
-Star-Lord
-Spawn

What are your thoughts?

I'm aware that about half of this season is going to be controversial, to say the least, but I'm happy with it. Much like Black Adam in the first season, Poison Ivy, Grodd, and Ultron felt like characters who could have been included in the base game if we decided on a slightly higher number. (Star-Lord likely could have been in there as well, but I'm glad we went with Rocket and Groot for the Marvel cosmic character)

I think this season was near perfect.
---​
DC was mixed bag for me going in, though, I'll say that it began to turn around as it went on.
I felt that the Batman round was unnecessary - we already had plenty of Batman representation in the base game, especially among the villains, and I would definitely have thought that more Batman characters would just be nominated in other rounds naturally, which was the case in the later All-Women round. But I do understand that there is a lot of potential and a lot of popular characters left within the franchise... and yet it still surprised me that Poison Ivy won. It felt very weird to me; There was a lot of complaining about how there were too many Batman villains when we started off, and then we kind of turned around and added another one; I suppose because of the Harley Quinn show she has become more popular, though I still wouldn't rank her among the best Batman villains nor the best options in that round, and I also felt like the next logical step for representation was to add someone from the Batfamily, which is equally as huge as Batman's rogues gallery. My suggestions would have been Red Hood, but of course there was also Batgirl, Tim Drake and/or Damian Wayne's Robins, Batwoman, Huntress, and the list goes on. Honestly, I'll just stop here, because my point is pretty clear at this rate that Poison Ivy, to me, was a bit of a boring and weird choice.
However, she did make up for it with the unique moveset potential she brought along, which is always a positive, and the following characters this season (on both sides) definitely made me accept Ivy's addition to the roster.

---​
The next DC round was the Flash villain round, which was another round I wasn't really excited about, particularly because it was obvious from the get-go that was essentially a guaranteed lock for Gorilla Grodd; However, I think Grodd is an excellent choice nonetheless, and a character that I felt needed to be included at some point. He's not just iconic among Flash villains but DC villains in general; And if there was another hero on DC's side that demanded a villain, it was Flash, so I get the logic. I just felt the outcome was too obvious for the round to be interesting. Captain Cold put up a good fight, though, and this thread seems to really want an Ice-Themed character; maybe one day. But hey, going back to Grodd, he's a great character and I felt like the roster could use a heavyweight for our DLC, plus he's just so cool due to how ridiculous he is; A telepathic ape, insane!
---​
And of course, last on the list: the fabulous, show-stopping, pulitzer prize winning Lois Lane!
As the guy who nominated her, I'm sure you'll all want explanations as to why and what the thought process was... so I'm not going to say anything about it unless someone directly asks me to :3
Bah, who am I kidding. Of course I'll talk about her. You can still ask questions about her, though. So, yes, this was controversial. I had nominated and pushed for the DC All-Women round specifically to get Lois into the roster, as I've been planning this particular nomination for almost a month and a half now; I expected her to be a lot more well received than she was, particularly because a very shared sentiment was that the roster was a bit too safe minus a few picks. I think her status as a civilian is why she isn't that well-liked in this thread, but truthfully I feel that's what makes her unique in this regard, and being a civilian helps give her moveset a much more clear vision as a lot of her moves are clearly gags based on her doing everyday things. Legacy was also a huge factor for this pick; Lois is surprisingly at the center of quite a few big Justice League/Superman storylines, and she's also just one of the most iconic comic book characters of all-time, so this was definitely something that I thought would help draw more people towards here; an absolutely nobody would have likely been outright denied without second thought, especially given how much this thread bases itself around current popularity and legacy for the more popular nominations. Post-nomination, I found the fallout to be a bit extreme; I expected a few to say "what!?" and disappointed sighs, but not "this is outright awful." However, I have said this before, and I will say it again - I do not regret it, and if the hatred is the exchange for having her included, I will absolutely continue to take it. I don't see anything wrong with the concept and the actual reality of it, and I haven't really seen any good arguments against her. I also felt like the alternate choices were just too safe or a little boring, and we've also picked out a lot of the other major DC women to be in the roster already, so I wasn't too bothered otherwise.
Honestly, an entire 10-page essay could be written on Lois, so I'll just stop here.
But as for my personal reaction: I made a really big risk, and I couldn't be happier that I pulled it off. Lois' inclusion absolutely made the season for me and honestly, any complaints I had about the previous 2 rounds and the entire roster in general went down the drain as soon as Lois won; That's how big this was for me, and I'll always see this as the most positive part of the Season by far.
(While I'm on the topic, I wanted to ask you AlRex AlRex ; You did say that you were genuinely interested in Lois, but what did you think about my particular moveset? Did it help pique that interest in any way?)

---​
The Guest characters this round weren't surprising, and for obvious reasons. Spawn and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are just the perfect fits for this roster; They're superheroes, they're iconic and they have their origins rooted in comics. They also have long lasting legacies spanning decades and tons of course material, and they both have the distinction of being in NetherRealm fighting games, so imagining solid movesets for these guys is a breeze.
Also, they were the immediate runner-ups to Scott and Invincible in the first guest round, so this shouldn't really be a surprise.
I'm surprised Kamen Rider was very popular in the votes; I don't know anything about the character but I wouldn't be surprised if he won the third guest round (which, I know it will be its own discussion but I think it should happen).
All in all the guest round was straightforward and ended well. I'll likely be doing some trading cards for Spawn and Image Comics this weekend.

---​
Marvel faired a bit better than DC for me, and I think the results overall were better than last season.
Categories were better than DC; Marvel Knights had obvious popularity, variety and potential, and that definitely showed as basically every nomination was fantastic and are all characters I would like to return to. But the big kicker is the winner of that round: Sentry. I'm gonna be honest, I expected him to flat-out lose; He was going up against huge names, after all, but he pulled through by a single vote, which is insane. But wow, my nomination pitch paid off well, because he made it in! While not as big as Lois was, Sentry is essentially the Marvel equivalent of Lois to me (in terms of this roster), and he sealed by satisfaction for this season. My main draw here was to have a direct rival for Superman, given that he has spawn his own entire archetype that Marvel has continuously dipped their feet into, but Sentry has a distinction in that he is an entirely unique character due to his other half: The Void. That uniqueness definitely helped solidify him over the other Marvel Superman (Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Gladiator, etc.). And, yes, the next big draw for him is the moveset, which is absolutely off the wall. I made sure Sentry and Void were unique in their own right, but having both of them in one is what brought the whole moveset together. I think it really adds something to the roster that no other character would have done, so this ended well for me, even if some people disagree.

---​
In hindsight, Ultron shouldn't have been too surprising of an inclusion. I would have expected just a general villain round for Marvel, like we did with DC last season, though an Avengers villain round isn't too bad either, since they're the biggest set of characters on Marvel's side of the roster, have a huge varied selection of villains, and likely would have dominated a normal villain round anyway. Plus, we're a bit too bloated on Avengers representation for me to say we needed another core member (we have 11 in this roster already), but their villains are a different story and it was definitely the best way to go for more characters from that IP. And, going into the round, I would have expected Kang and Namor to win, particularly because of past popularity, but Ultron isn't too bad either. He's iconic and is a massive threat in the Marvel universe, and while other Avengers villains have ties to heroes outside the team, Ultron is a threat that originated from within. He is also, hands down, my favorite Avengers villains when I was growing up, I absolutely loved his character in EMH and beyond, so I'm happy with this. His popularity from the MCU and MvC is probably what pushed him to victory, and those are both valid reasons. I suppose there's not much to say after that.
---​
I fought hard for the Cosmic round (I did go a bit out of my way to revoke my vote, so I do apologize to Megadoomer Megadoomer for that), but that's another decision I have no regrets for. We absolutely needed to have it, because the Cosmic side of Marvel is huge, yet we only barely scratched the surface of it. Hell, even with the new addition I'd still say we're only scratching the surface, but I won't digress. Honestly I don't get why the round wasn't more popular in the votes but regardless it did happen so I'm thankful for that.
And yeah, Star-Lord was the right pick for this. Perhaps he is too safe, but he was absolutely needed on here. He's become a signature character for Marvel after his MCU debut, and is the core character of the entire Guardians team in general, and his moveset potential is just wild; and in the end he's just such a fun character that I can't every say no to having this guy around. This roster is better off for having him in it. I won't say that he needed to be a base game character but he needed to be in here somewhere, and now he is.

---​
Overall thoughts: Grudges be damned, this season is a straight 10/10. The highs absolutely outweigh the lows here and the sacrifices that were made are ones that were worth making in order to get the best of the best here.
One thing that did stand out to me were my own nominations: back during the base game, I mostly stuck to safe, obvious roster choices with Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Scarlet Witch, etc., but now with the DLC the riskiest, least expected and most controversial choices are all my nominations. But damn, those risks paid off well. I guess that was my character arc all along...
I also think this really opens up the horizon for what future DLC will be; We essentially "patched" parts of the roster we felt were incomplete, and now that we're done with that, future character additions feel a lot more wild and mysterious; Yes, there are still big names left on the table, but we also definitely carved out enough room to go in bold new directions for a character addition without having to worry about the big names. Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm too lazy to retype that.
Back after Season 1 wrapped up, I said this. I think this still holds weight, and this definitely foreshadowed what this season would result in, and I think that was for the best. We got the obvious picks such as Grodd, Ultron, Star-Lord,, but then we did get wild and mysterious with Lois and Sentry, and I'm really glad for that.
I almost forgot to say this, but the activity for this season was better than the first and I hope this keeps up going forward.
---​
I feel like I'll pass on both jobs.
I like the concept of Knull but I never actually read anything with him in it, so I'm not really the right guy to make the moveset; Still, he's good villain representation. I already like the moveset posted above anyway.
I was going to nominate Hell as Spawn's stage but that's basically what Malebolgia's Realm is so there's basically no point. I can't really imagine a Spawn stage that isn't Hell, anyway.
I will eventually do some trading cards again, though.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Malebolgia's Realm wins by default. I could keep the Knull job open another day, but neither 1SecondNinja or I have read anything with him in it, so I feel like it's just going to wind up with Infinity Sorcerer's nomination being the only one. As such, as long as nobody else has a moveset concept planned, Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Knull moveset wins!

(also, if anyone wants to post trading cards, arcade endings, dialogue, etc. for the new characters, feel free to do so at any time)

Job 210: nominate a moveset for Spawn

Pretty straightforward; this will be left open for two or three days, depending on how many nominations we get. (as usual, we'll go up to three days if there's only one nomination by the end of the second day, unless nobody else seems interested in posting a moveset)

Job 211: nominate a costume pack for DLC

As usual, we'll go with two for each of the main companies, for a total of four. I wanted to save this until after the guest characters were confirmed because I had an idea for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed costume pack:

Totally Radical Threads

tmnt batman.png

Crisis In A Half Shell Batman
(I'm a little worried that we're overdoing it with Batman costumes, but he did get a unique costume in the TMNT crossover)

Foot Ninja Daredevil
(Daredevil's wearing the Foot Clan gear, with the mask rolled up so his mouth's visible)
smile clan harley.png

Smile Clan Harley Quinn

General Traag Thing
(The Thing's just dressed up like General Traag, who's the one on the right)

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Job 211:
Oddly Familiar Outfits:
Costumes inspired by allies and enemies of the guest characters.
Mr Chau - Mr Chau Scott Pilgrim, HD Png Download - kindpng

Scott Pilgrim - Mr. Chau Ra's al Ghul

Now wielding a katana, Ra's wears
Mr. Chau's outfit, sunglasses included.
1136619.jpg

Spawn - Haunt Venom
Venom's appearance changes to one extremely similar to Haunt's,
with a white spiral on his chest, and even with Eddie's jaw visible.
casey-jones-6881276-normal.jpg

TMNT - Casey Jones Nightwing

Nightwing wears Casey's outfit from the
Batman/TMNT crossover comic, even with the mask,
and also uses baseball bats and a hockey stick
instead of his sticks and staff, respectively.
EohOmEsU8AIxoJn.png

Invincible - Machine Head Dr. Doom
Doom wears a white suit with a pink tie alongside a white hood,
and has a black mask with the same design as Machine Head.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
#211:

This might seem like a random sort of thing to go for, but my idea here is a pack called Golden Age. The idea behind it is simple - either Golden Age iterations of a specific character, or characters from the Golden Age that have enough similarities to be a reasonable inclusion! I'd want it to differ from the previous Ancestors pack in that other characters or iterations under the same name are my focus here. I'm also not sure what the rules are for cross-company costumes here, so let me know if they're banned!

The Flash (Jay Garrick)Doctor Mid-NiteBlazing SkullThe Thin Man
Flash Comics #1 (May 1940)
All-American Comics #25 (April 1941)
Mystic Comics #5 (March 1941)
Mystic Comics #4 (August 1940)
The original fastest man alive, Jay Garrick was caught in a laboratory accident that awakened his latent metagene - and donning a winged helmet inspired by the Roman god Mercury, he went on to fight crime in Keystone City with his new skills - eventually joining the Justice Society, and then later being essentially retconned into Earth-Two in the beloved The Flash #123 - introducing to the DC universe the very concept of the multiverse. Needless to say, Jay Garrick is surely an intriguing candidate for the role!Charles McNider was a surgeon, asked to remove a bullet from a witness about to testify. However, after a grenade was tossed into the operating room to prevent the capture of the culprit, McNider was blinded - but found himself able to see in pitch blackness. Using this power to his advantage, he became Doctor Mid-Nite - joining the Justice Society and becoming the protector of justice amongst the darkness. He's also interesting in that he's one of the first superheroes to have a physical impairment - a whole 20 years before Daredevil - so it's not even unfitting!Mark Todd, a foreign correspondent, is sent to Japan shortly before the outbreak of World War II to report on the Sino-Japanese War - but after being caught in an artillery attack by the Japanese, he's forced into a cave where he meets a strange race of beings known as the Skull Men. Informing him of his nature as a force of destiny, and training him in their ways, Todd develops an invulnerability to fire, donning a uniform and a burning mask and fighting alongside the Invaders - a wartime group of superhumans allied with the Allied forces.Thought to be one of the first heroes to use stretching powers, the Thin Man - real name Dr. Bruce Dickson - travelled to the mountains of Nepal to discover the lost city of Kalahia. There, he discovered the art of becoming flat, allowing him to stretch - and travelled back to the United States in order to fight crime. He eventually joined the Liberty Legion during World War II, using his newfound skills to fight against threats against justice. Notably, his costume is based not on his first appearance, but on his appearance with Liberty Legion - being green and yellow instead of blue.
1666472102394.png
1666473089885.png
1666475086502.png
1666474199837.png
Skin for Flash
Skin for Daredevil
Skin for Ghost Rider
Skin for Plastic Man

Hope this is interesting (and different enough to warrant inclusion!) I'm not 100% sure which of these would really be considered Premiere costumes - a lot of them could easily just be slotted in place without much work, after all - so if necessary, none of them would be (but ideally, it'd be cool for all of them to at least get unique voicelines.) In terms of animations, they remain mostly the same - so for instance, Blazing Skull still uses Ghost Rider's motorcycles - but there'd be a couple of differences such as the addition of a cape to Daredevil's base model. Furthermore, I wasn't sure how we were handling DLC picks - I originally planned to include Ultra-Humanite, but ended up deciding against it what with Grodd being a DLC pick. (And, honestly, I love Mid-Nite.) I also wanted to make a point to focus mostly on characters in the roster who don't have too many DLC costumes yet - so I hope, either way, that this is interesting!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Megadoomer Megadoomer I wanted to ask that since I wouldn't be able today and most part of tomorrow if you can hold the Spawn job for a little longer?, also idk if it would count but here are my votations too, while most of the time we only vote for 2 I will post my top 3 just in case
  1. Oddly Familiar (I NEED Mr. Chau al Ghul in my life)
  2. Back to the 90s
  3. The Golden Age (definitively Jay Garrick is the most selling one, but the rest of options aren't bad either)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer I wanted to ask that since I wouldn't be able today and most part of tomorrow if you can hold the Spawn job for a little longer?, also idk if it would count but here are my votations too, while most of the time we only vote for 2 I will post my top 3 just in case
  1. Oddly Familiar (I NEED Mr. Chau al Ghul in my life)
  2. Back to the 90s
  3. The Golden Age (definitively Jay Garrick is the most selling one, but the rest of options aren't bad either)
Sure, I can count those. Also, thanks to work, I'll be running late today. I'm going to be watching Black Adam to unwind after my shift, so I likely won't be able to post the next jobs until 3:30 or 4. (I usually post at noon by my time, so it'll be about four hours later than usual)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Sure, I can count those. Also, thanks to work, I'll be running late today. I'm going to be watching Black Adam to unwind after my shift, so I likely won't be able to post the next jobs until 3:30 or 4. (I usually post at noon by my time, so it'll be about four hours later than usual)
Black Adam was okay. Too much popcorn action/writing, though

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'll be resubmitting the Alter Egos pack for this season

Is there an aspect more iconic to the entire genre of superheroes than the concept of an alter ego? A secret identity, a second life, and the spirit of two people in one soul; The story of a man or woman that lives behind the hero is what makes the character to begin with, and has become a permanently fixed staple of the genre... and a category very ripe for untouched costume concepts in this project!
1. Clark Kent

Truth be told, having taken a look at Superman's alternate costumes in this project a while, I have to say I am very underwhelmed. Granted the decision was before my time but nonetheless it is a specific category that I intend to fix. And of course I have to start it out with one of Superman's most iconic designs... Clark Kent, the underpaid reporter of the Daily Planet!

For this costume, I fully intend for his shirt to be half-opened with the Superman logo, as it adds a lot of visual appeal beyond just "Supes in a suit". And, honestly, what is a more iconic image to this character than Clark Kent running down an alley with the half-opened shirt?
2. Peter Parker

I mean, c'mon, Peter is the alter ego character, the pure embodiment of the secret identity trope, and is the face behind one of the most iconic characters of all time. He needs a costume where he is just, well, himself.

I had originally considered a design based on the upcoming MCU Animated series, as it's a perfect blend of modern and classic-Ditko era Peter... but I'm using the comics as the basis to stay consistent with the rest of the costumes, and also because this the guy we all think when it comes to Peter (Maguires, Garfields and Hollands aside). Ideally, the actual in-game design would be more uniquely high-school based, but I digress.
3. Bruce Wayne

And the "Man of the Year" award goes to...

Of course, Bruce Wayne is easily the most shoe-in alter ego on here. He just demands having the inclusion; It's bloody Bruce Wayne, the entire center of Batman's character, the broken child that become a vigilante and wears his unmasked persona as a mask. He was even included as a Premiere Costume in Injustice 2, so this is definitely completely viable territory we should explore here.
4. Matt Murdock (I'm Not Daredevil)

So, of course, after this costume got shafted for the base game, I'll be playing another hand to have it included. Because honestly, look at it!

As part of the costume, Daredevil's billy clubs will be replaced with two candy canes, that can be combined to form a larger candy cane that would take the place of his staff for his special moves. And having candy canes in places of his billy clubs is hilariously awesome.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Spawn moveset job will be open for another two days. In the meantime, here are the costume packs that were nominated yesterday:

Totally Radical Threads ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )Crisis in a Half-Shell BatmanSmile Clan Harley QuinnFoot Ninja DaredevilGeneral Traag Thing
Back to the 90's ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )Knightfall BatmanBiker Wonder WomanArmoured Daredevil90's Thor
Oddly Familiar Outfits ( 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower )Mr. Chau (Ra's al Ghul)Casey Jones (Nightwing)Haunt (Venom)Machine Head (Dr. Doom)
Golden Age ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )Jay Garrick (the Flash) (premiere?)The Thin Man (Plastic Man)Doctor Mid-Nite (Daredevil)Blazing Skull (Ghost Rider
Alter Egos ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )Clark KentBruce WaynePeter ParkerMatt Murdock ("I'm Not Daredevil" sweater)

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 cross-company costumes are fine; I did a whole nomination based on that in a previous round.
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer I'll count your vote.

We'll vote for the top three, and the top two will be included. You can't put your own in first.

1. Oddly Familiar Outfits
2. Golden Age
3. Totally Radical Threads

---

Job 212: nominate costumes for Spawn

Nominate 1 default costume and up to 7 alternates. I'm not familiar with Spawn beyond his Mortal Kombat appearance, so I'm not sure how much variety he has in terms of outfits, but I can look into it.

Job 213: nominate a boss moveset for the Batman Who Laughs

You could combine elements from the Joker's moveset and Batman's, or make an entirely new moveset if you want to. (Infinity Sorcerer's original nomination had it so beating him causes him to turn into the Darkest Knight, so that seems like it's worth mentioning) This will probably be open for a few days.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
1. Totally Radical Threads
2. Oddly Familiar Outfits
3. Golden Age

I did plenty of research for my picks for the costumes submission, I specifically looked for characters to base the outfits on that weren't obvious choices from the guest franchises, and would work for fighters that didn't already have DLC costumes (unless one of them did get one already, but I digress). Scrapped ideas I had included: April O'Neil Lois Lane (I felt it would've been too soon), Rex Splode Gambit, Violator Joker, TMNT 2003 Baxter Stockman Cyborg, and a few others.

Top Bottom