• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
by 2 bans (TOTAL BETWEEN BOTH PLAYERS)i was meant in the hypothetical situation of having the set go to last match. Each person would have a stage to ban.

ONE stage ban AFTER the first match. then if its 1-1, the other person gets to ban ONE stage after that as well.

Now if this was a bo5 you would need all 7 stages in order to complete a full set, otherwise you would have to agree on a stage that someone already lost/won on.

now how is that fair?

And im aware that europe has their own rulesets and what not, but you should also be aware that genesis 2 isnt in europe.

The majority of the player base has been accustomed to playing with KJ (brinstar, and rainbow cruise) on for a while.

Your arguments just sound like personal bias to me.

also, what stage do you think would work in place of kongo? just curious to see what your thoughts are

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Will we be able to see the pools before the tournament?

Judging by the list of confirmed players, I have a pretty good shot at doing well! =D

I got this.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yes you will.

the point of pre-reg was to seed pools prior to genesis 2. They will be up for everyone to see after pre-reg is finished

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Leffen: I'm not going to $50 MM you, but I'll $1 or $2 MM you with DK on KJ all 3 games.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
by 2 bans (TOTAL BETWEEN BOTH PLAYERS)i was meant in the hypothetical situation of having the set go to last match. Each person would have a stage to ban.

ONE stage ban AFTER the first match. then if its 1-1, the other person gets to ban ONE stage after that as well.

Now if this was a bo5 you would need all 7 stages in order to complete a full set, otherwise you would have to agree on a stage that someone already lost/won on.

now how is that fair?

And im aware that europe has their own rulesets and what not, but you should also be aware that genesis 2 isnt in europe.

The majority of the player base has been accustomed to playing with KJ (brinstar, and rainbow cruise) on for a while.

Your arguments just sound like personal bias to me.

also, what stage do you think would work in place of kongo? just curious to see what your thoughts are
OH, I see what u are getting at. They arent required to agree, but whoever is choosing the stage would have to play on a stage that they already lost on which would suck, the other player just wouldnt have been able to choose that stage again for himself.

and Yea, Leffen is trippin lol. why dont we just play the PAL version at the tournament instead...cuz thats what he is used to.

Also, Hbox nearly timed out Armada on Kongo Jungle....could have done it easily, especially since it wasnt intentional that the match was that long to begin with....Nobody gives a **** tho lol.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Last tournament Smasher89 timed out finlands best peach with 4 stocks left on KJ. Hilarious
Im glad those names are as prolific as Pink Shinobi and RC. You've opened my eyes to a whole new world.

Face the facts, this is a US tournament. We're going to use the ruleset OUR player base is used to.

leffen

Smash Champion
K sorry if I misunderstood, its 5am here >_>

And its not what im used to playing to, its the fact that this ruleset is new, and imho shouldnt be tested out for a international tournament of this scale. Your players arent USED to play with this ruleset and I'm 100% sure that they are more used on playing on the 6 "neutrals" than kongo jungle.

And I'd argue to not have any stage except for PS on counterpicks fyi.

Strongbad, sure although DK doesnt get gayed as hard as the others.

sidefx

Smash Champion
if it was only up to me, i wouldnt have kongo on. but its not.

and the bo5 problem we run into without having 7 stages to choose from outweighs in priority over having a crappy stage.

its not THAT crappy compared to brinstar/rainbow cruise. like i said, its the lesser of the evils and it is what is is.

the only thing changed in this ruleset is the absence of brinstar/rainbow cruise, nothing else has changed.

one thing ive learned is you cant please everyone. and this is one of those cases.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am annoyed with Brinstar being banned for CP. I need it for DK against fastfallers.

FD it is then *sigh*

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so whats the deal with cping stages that have already been won/played on? since there are fewer stages, and bans are still in effect, will this be taken into consideration? like, what if it gets to the point where the only possible stages left to cp from are ones that are disadvantageous for the cping player? just wondering, cause that doesn't seem too pleasant..

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If anything, having 1 more stage but with 1 ban per player allows more flexibility in the set compared to the European stage rules. Nobody has to play KJ64 if they don't want to.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I read some post about people still needing a room to stay in . . me don't understand! How can every room be booked and there are people still in need of a room?! Either the attendance for this is gonna be so massive that every room did get booked or some rooms were booked to people not attending Genesis!

sidefx

Smash Champion
@baka: spectator fees at a one time $10 fee at the door. The info is found in the first post.

@atlus: we had the same problem last time. Every room in the hotel was booked for genesis only. with the exception of two rooms which are reserved for two families who live there on a rental basis.

@leffen: trailer will be done when i get some time =\ i really want to finish it (ive left it alone for a while due to more important matters that take priority over it) but it will be done before genesis =D

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so whats the deal with cping stages that have already been won/played on? since there are fewer stages, and bans are still in effect, will this be taken into consideration? like, what if it gets to the point where the only possible stages left to cp from are ones that are disadvantageous for the cping player? just wondering, cause that doesn't seem too pleasant..
@baka: spectator fees at a one time $10 fee at the door. The info is found in the first post.
just fyi, that was my post ^

also hyuga idk if what you said was a response to mine, but i was just wondering about how DSR will be now that cruise and brinstar are gone and there are less stages.

out of curiosity actually, does the european ruleset have dsr or bans?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
My flight doesn't get to SFO till 11:45am on Friday. I'd say it'd be a safe assumption that I'll be at the venue by 1pm (Gonna spring for a cab from the Pittsburg/Bay Point station).. Will this be an issue that could cause any DQing? The schedule says pools start at noon, so I would like to make sure.

Browny

Smash Hater
My flight doesn't get to SFO till 11:45am on Friday. I'd say it'd be a safe assumption that I'll be at the venue by 1pm (Gonna spring for a cab from the Pittsburg/Bay Point station).. Will this be an issue that could cause any DQing? The schedule says pools start at noon, so I would like to make sure.
Ummmm

account for the time to get out of the airport + pick up bags etc, gotta wait for the BART to actually arrive and then its about 1.5 hours plus the transit to the venue which someone who isnt there will have to do...

Of course I know nothing about american transit, but I think you are cutting it VERY close there...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
バカ:
Modified DSR is part of the rules.
Original DSR says you can't counterpick the last stage you won on. Modified DSR says you can't counterpick any stage you won on. This difference only matters of course in bo5s.

MDZ:
If you're nice, you might be able to convince a TO to run your wave of pools last. The first round will probably have 3 waves of pools, so if we start them at noon, the last one should hopefully begin around 2:30 - 3:00. Can't promise though.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
In europe we don't have bans anymore, but we do use DSR. Sometimes a DSR that says "you can't counterpick the stage you last won on", and sometimes "you can't counterpick the last stage you chose and won on", it's a slight difference.

I really like that it's Bo5 and not Bo3 the whole bracket. Thumps up that you changed that DBR.

Question about bans:
In europe, sometimes it was like "no one can counterpick a banned stage". But sometimes "your opponent can't counterpick a stage that you banned, but you can." It's pretty good if you want to controll the MU on a certain stage.

How will it be at Genesis 2?

Armada

Smash Lord
The rules for this tournament is by far the best rules if I compare all the tournaments I have attend in USA so far.

And Bo5 the entire bracket is AWESOME =)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Suddenly it looks very possible that I will be able to record matches at this.
Of course, new computer -> possible problems, but I'll have two weeks to figure them out and maybe record a mini-tournament during our roadtrip =).

So... would I be allowed to record important matches (finals)?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is best of 5 for bracket matches the same for brawl? I ask cause that would take forever :LAUGH:

3 rounds of pools is gonna be epic enough as is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom