• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Me.

Edit: We can plan a small magic show togather :). I mostly do card flourishes and manipulation but before that I did magic.

Edit 2: Just realized this sounds a bit.. wrong. Keeping it anyway for the lolz.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sounds awesome Kage. Gotta record that stuff lol.

Also Virtual. Sounds good man. I gotta start practicing some more haha.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I can sing the whole hebrew morning prayer off by heart (****ing primary school) LOL

the shema >_>

I can read hebrew..but I dont understand it at all only know how to read/pronounce

leffen

Smash Champion
DO NOT allow KJ64 as a counterpick.

Aside from it creating much confusion because it differs from the "european" ruleset it is horribly unbalanced.

Basically every character but Fox and CF gets timed out and have no options what so ever on that stage. When we had it allowed it was basically time out 95% of times when the opponent didnt switch to a fastfaller.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Pretty much, yep.

5 starter-stages to strike from to reach the first round's stage. After that, in addition to the first 5 stages, KJ and PS open up for counterpicks.

The argument for keeping those two stages out of the starter-stage list isn't that we're against counterpicking, it's that we're against players having to overly-defend themselves from ending up with counterpick-worthy stage for their first match.
I thought one of the main reasons that Stadium was removed off the neutral lists was because stage striking required an odd number of stages, and of the neutrals it was the least neutral because of the transformations. With an extra stage and an extra strike getting rid of Kongo Jungle for either player shouldnt be an issue. Honestly choosing between FoD, PS, FD, DL, BF, YS shouldnt be too bad even if u went first and struck Kongo because they are all accepted as neutral stages. (some ppl just play ****ty characters-play somebody Foxier)

person who has port priority has to choose first, and the 2nd person gets to see what he strikes so that he can possibly not "waste" a strike on a stage the opponent didnt want to go to as well, and because of that the first player chooses the stage out of the remaining 3.

and the added striking time with 2 more stages is negligible compared to the length of the tournament.

Just my 2 cents on the matter. Either way, I cant wait for this event and Im happy as **** that rainbow and brinstar are gone...makes banning stages all that more powerful.

Edit: and I thought the references were funny
leffen said:
Its more fair to the Europeans if you just use the rules we are use too
LOL, Im not commenting on whether KJ64 should be CPable or not, just you gotta remember these are different versions of the game, and currently we have different rulesets.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
DO NOT allow KJ64 as a counterpick.

Aside from it creating much confusion because it differs from the "european" ruleset it is horribly unbalanced.

Basically every character but Fox and CF gets timed out and have no options what so ever on that stage. When we had it allowed it was basically time out 95% of times when the opponent didnt switch to a fastfaller.
What? I think you just really don't want the stage, no johns. =) Your statement is completely false.

sidefx

Smash Champion
If we remove KJ64 that would leave 6 stages remaining. Stage striking would not be possible with 6 stages. The 7th stage in this case has been chosen as KJ64.

Brinstar, and Rainbow Cruise in our opinion are far worse than KJ64. As far as timing out goes, ive only seen people time out on that stage a handful of times. Yeah matches usually do last longer but Fox and CF are definitely not the only two characters as viable options to play on that stage.

And if you don't like it ban it =)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well since PS1 isn't a neutral you don't need an odd amount of Counterpicks. Just sayin.

Nothing is wrong with Kongo Jungle, the level is fine. Nobody actually gets timed out lol, the only match I've seen out is Peach vs Ganon...but it's ganon, he should be getting timed out on that stage every time due to it's layout...

sidefx

Smash Champion
Er sorry i was still in the 7 stage for stage strike mindset.

also, for bo5 sets, since there are 2 bans, you would need a 7th stage. playing with 6 would force the two players to have to agree on a stage to play on twice.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That's a much better point...damn so few stages >_> being forced to play one in a BO5 doesn't sound pleasant.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well since PS1 isn't a neutral you don't need an odd amount of Counterpicks. Just sayin.

Nothing is wrong with Kongo Jungle, the level is fine. Nobody actually gets timed out lol, the only match I've seen out is Peach vs Ganon...but it's ganon, he should be getting timed out on that stage every time due to it's layout...
Ya but Ganon playing properly on KJ ***** Peach btw.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kage. wanna mm in melee? i can't enter the tourny cuz i have to miss friday

but i still want that vengeance set

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao w/ that orange hair. alright, i'm hyped. gives me something exciting to do for myself at genesis instead of just watching! hopefully there will be available tv's

i'm gonna train for this!

*calling all bizzarro flames*

leffen

Smash Champion
Definitely not, I know the level pretty well.. there's no way in hell someone is going to time me out.
LMFAO

like its about what you do, not the fact that your character has no way off getting back a lead.

And there are A LOT more characters than ganon that get timed out, ICs, Luigi, Bowser, Kirby, Roy, DK, Mario, Doc, Ness, Samus, Zelda, Peach (GaW + Pichu) all have no chance vs a platform camping CF.

I'd love to MM ppl on the stage 50$ vs the above characters if you dont believe me.

Whatever, allow if it you want to.

sidefx

Smash Champion
thats why its a counterpick? if timing out is your way of defeating someone then so be it. KJ isnt the only stage you can time someone out on.

ive seen it done on pokemon stadium (although a lot harder) but its been done.

The stage being prone to time out's is far from being a reason to exclude it from the list of stages.

(personally i hate the stage, but the other options are rainbow cruise, and brinstar. Both of those stages are straight up auto lose to some characters, vs KJ where you have to rely on your opponents ability to time you out.)

Its just the least ****ty option out of the 3 to pick from.

And like i said, we need 7 stages for bo5 sets.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
This would be the perfect time for Pink Shinobi to chime in and accept both challenges from kage and leffen.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Er sorry i was still in the 7 stage for stage strike mindset.

also, for bo5 sets, since there are 2 bans, you would need a 7th stage. playing with 6 would force the two players to have to agree on a stage to play on twice.
wait are u saying each person gets two bans?

dsr 2 stages max u cant play on and 1 ban each meaning 4 stages out of the 6/7 cant be chosen...unless it was two bans then its 6 stages/7 or by some dumb **** 6/6.

leffen

Smash Champion
Having 2 bans is ********. Just go with the european ruleset, PS as counterpick with no bans. With 2 bans there is 3 stages left to play on... and then theres DSR. Are you ****ing serious with me?

Bo5 set:

Falco vs Marth

First match: BF (falco wins)
Falco bans FD YS
Marth bans FOD DL

Marth can choose can choose: PS and KJ64 (and BF). LMFAO.
If he wins and then loses again he will have only 2 stages to choose from (one of those will be opponents CP, so 1 stage).

Now if this isnt bad enough what if he wants to change characters? If the marth player switches to peach he has no viable stages to go to.

I don't think I'll do 50.. but I would still MM you on KJ and kick your ***.
Lol I figured. Name a price.

The stage being prone to time out's is far from being a reason to exclude it from the list of stages.
Its not the fact that you timeout someone, its the fact that timing out someone is ****ing unbalanced because it is so easy on that stage. CF/Fox gets a free win on that stage in most matchups.

Most stages are banned because of timeouts, Temple, RC are 2 stages that are timeout/force opponent to approach and then easily punish maps. There are 1023810381 stages that are more balanced than KJ64, most of them just have walkoffs/force timeouts. But since that is "just another way of defeating the opponent" why not allow it?

jeez

This would be the perfect time for Pink Shinobi to chime in and accept both challenges from kage and leffen.
Like peach can do **** vs CF / Fox, Armada has already said that if I CP it he will choose fox everytime, Peach has no chance on it.

The King

Smash Ace
I was just thinking about the last set i watched of pink shinobi vs a ganon on that stage. what was it, a time-out win when shinobi still had like 3 stock left? lol so dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom