• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
My flight doesn't get to SFO till 11:45am on Friday. I'd say it'd be a safe assumption that I'll be at the venue by 1pm (Gonna spring for a cab from the Pittsburg/Bay Point station).. Will this be an issue that could cause any DQing? The schedule says pools start at noon, so I would like to make sure.
Like Browny said youll be cutting it REALLY close..

If you LAND at 11:45.. you wont get off the plane until at least 12:00, if you have checked in baggage, thats another 30-45 minutes. Taking BART (assuming you have to wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes) will take roughly an hour and a half depending on how busy it is, and how many stops the train takes.

Getting to Pittsburg/Bay Point station at roughly 2:00 - 2:15pm then riding a taxi over to the venue, probably another 10-15 minutes..

youll get there just about when first round pools will be finished. Ill TRY and put you in the last wave of pools if we can, but we cant hold up the tournament for you if you dont make it on time.

Your only hope is if you DONT have luggage to check in and pick up at baggage claim.. and only have a carry on. Then youll shave atleast 30-45 minutes off your trip to the venue.

In europe we don't have bans anymore, but we do use DSR. Sometimes a DSR that says "you can't counterpick the stage you last won on", and sometimes "you can't counterpick the last stage you chose and won on", it's a slight difference.

I really like that it's Bo5 and not Bo3 the whole bracket. Thumps up that you changed that DBR.

Question about bans:
In europe, sometimes it was like "no one can counterpick a banned stage". But sometimes "your opponent can't counterpick a stage that you banned, but you can." It's pretty good if you want to controll the MU on a certain stage.

How will it be at Genesis 2?
Thats very interesting.. no bans huh.

Well for our bans its just straight up. No one can play on the banned stage for that set. Even if you banned it yourself, you wont be able to pick that stage later in the set.

We want to try and stay away from as many abrupt changes in the ruleset as possible and not use g2 as testing grounds for new rules and keep it as traditional as possible. Only major things we are changing are the stage list (cutting it down to 7 with the removal of brinstar and rainbow cruise) and POSSIBLY bo5 throughout the whole bracket if we have time for it. I would really love to do bo5 for every set, but we have to play it by ear and make sure we can finish on time and not back in the hotel room like last time =(.

Wait.. all matches in brackets are best of 5!? AMAZING!! More punching people! =D
Like i mentioned to Aniolas, we would love to do bo5 for each set, but it all comes down to how much time we have left on Sunday. If we have time for it, then i dont see why we shouldnt do bo5.. i mean after 3 rounds of pools, losing in a bo3 set seems kind of ****ty..

Suddenly it looks very possible that I will be able to record matches at this.
Of course, new computer -> possible problems, but I'll have two weeks to figure them out and maybe record a mini-tournament during our roadtrip =).

So... would I be allowed to record important matches (finals)?
If your equipment is ready to go come tournament day, then sure you got access to the stage matches (which include the hype sets, and all finals). We just need to be able to record commentary as well if you decide to record the matches. (uploading is all on you, onto your channel. I just request the links to all the vids so i can put them up on the genesis site to make it easier for people to find.)

Is best of 5 for bracket matches the same for brawl? I ask cause that would take forever :LAUGH:

3 rounds of pools is gonna be epic enough as is
That would take FOREVER. But like i said above we have to play it by ear, and see how much time we have. But I highly doubt we can fit in a bo5 full bracket of brawl. 3 round of brawl pools is long enough haha..

can you register at the door?
Nope. We MIGHT be opening registration for the events on the day PRIOR to the tournament on THURSDAY at a higher price.. but nothing is set in stone for now. June 30th is the last day for pre-reg.

CLICK TO PRE-REG!!
http://www.genesisdbr.com/?page_id=38

there needs to be a Q&A thread for genesis.

i'm sure 75% of the posts here are just the same questions being asked over and over again.

where did pockyd go? i miss his posts. :<
That sounds like a **** idea. I need to get on that.

**** idk if i should go to this
You should. =D Unless you want macd to secure the #1 peach in america spot

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
looool it's just that I'm unemployed and I just moved across the country...

Plus I have no teammate

sidefx

Smash Champion
no i mean the 2 that the players ban...
with 7 stages in place, a bo5 set will use up to 5 stages. 2 of which are banned.

The only way they would play on a stage they already played on is if we only had 6 stages (taking Kongo out). Then they would have to agree on playing on a stage one of them already won on, which wouldnt be fair.

This is why we have kongo in place as a 7th stage. So bo5 sets would work without having to play on the same stage twice.

Now if both players agreed on it by using MDSR then so be it. thats up to them

And lucky was having a bad day =) /calibias

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Or you could just not have bans and nix Kongo. If everything bracketwise is a Bo5, one stage isn't going to make that big of a deal. Either a stage is playable or it's not.

Commence crying of Falcon mains.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We should get something for wearing our genesis 1 shirts >_>.

sidefx

Smash Champion
shirts will be first come first serve. and depending on how much interest there are, i will be taking orders for those who didnt get one. (depends interest once again, there is a minimum amount needed to make orders)

also.. looks like wepay.com is international payment friendly now.

I had fuzzyness pay online and it went through any everything, so im going to be emailing those who registered through the international registration to pre-reg through wepay.com and make the payment online instead of in person.

(much easier for us to deal with) just have to edit some stuff on the site and broadcast it

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
If your equipment is ready to go come tournament day, then sure you got access to the stage matches (which include the hype sets, and all finals). We just need to be able to record commentary as well if you decide to record the matches. (uploading is all on you, onto your channel. I just request the links to all the vids so i can put them up on the genesis site to make it easier for people to find.)
Well if I can get everything working during the roadtrip, then it will be ready at the tournament. I still haven't got all the parts for the computer, but next week I should be able to put it together, and then our flight leaves on thursday morning =).

I've never done commentary, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as someone has a microphone. It's not a laptop so it doesn't have it by default.

Streaming may be possible, but I can't promise anything with so little time to prepare.
I can already record 3 TVs, but theoretically I could also do all sorts of streaming at the same time. All 3 separately, or one stream with split-screen or realtime TV switching.

Also, as you asked me to remind you "later", about the TV we wanted to borrow. Where should we pick it up next friday?
I can remind you again before our flight leaves on thursday =).

sidefx

Smash Champion
ill pm you about details on the tv soon.

as for streaming, i can set that up separately apart from recording. We can just use another laptop to stream from the split (im guessing youd rather use the first split on the composite splitter to avoid any quality loss) so that shouldnt be a problem. We got mic's and all that and a few mixers if needed (for recording)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Like Browny said youll be cutting it REALLY close..

If you LAND at 11:45.. you wont get off the plane until at least 12:00, if you have checked in baggage, thats another 30-45 minutes. Taking BART (assuming you have to wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes) will take roughly an hour and a half depending on how busy it is, and how many stops the train takes.

Getting to Pittsburg/Bay Point station at roughly 2:00 - 2:15pm then riding a taxi over to the venue, probably another 10-15 minutes..

youll get there just about when first round pools will be finished. Ill TRY and put you in the last wave of pools if we can, but we cant hold up the tournament for you if you dont make it on time.

Your only hope is if you DONT have luggage to check in and pick up at baggage claim.. and only have a carry on. Then youll shave atleast 30-45 minutes off your trip to the venue.
I could probably pack enough for a weekend into a carry on..
Didn't think the BART would take that long to get there.

Under the assumption of no luggage check I could be on BART at 12:15, and to the venue by 2. That's the ideal itinerary, but.. yeah. Lets hope

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Also what happens in teams since FoD is banned? Do both teams get a ban? Because then there's just 4 stages left, not enough for a Bo5...

sidefx

Smash Champion
teams stage list is different than singles. ill post up the full rule set up tonight, im just formatting it correctly on the site and on swf. (i know i said ive been doing it, just a bunch of things keep coming up)

Browny

Smash Hater
*reminding sidefx to get my reservation email to me when he can*

Also would you mind I guess, 'certifying' that email you sent about about international payments through wepay.

I dont exactly see why we need to. As if a multiple thousand dollar plane fare isnt enough proof we're going and I dont exactly feel like putting an international credit card on some brand new system. I mean sure I can but I dont see the need for urgency on it, seeing as you havent made mention of it on this thread...

sidefx

Smash Champion
jeez give me a few seconds in between windows to broadcast it on the website, twitter, facebook, facebook event, facebook message, email, and editing the first post. posting on this thread was the last thing to do..

and it certainly isnt urgent but it is necessary. but like i said in the email, if its a problem for you (and i understand how it could be) you can just email me and we can work something out.

all im saying is if you CAN pay itll make it a lot easier on my end.

its just a money issue. and saving time at the tournament and streamlining the payment process. I mean either way youre going to have to pay for the events, why not save yourself time and save me time by paying online =)

and rest assured its not a buggy system, its just that i didnt want to run into any problems which is why i had fuzzyness and kage test it and they didnt run into anything that would make me not want to use it.

last thing i want to do is switch from the pre-reg i had set up to wepay.com then have it mess up then back to the international pre-reg again. its secure and safe.

and also its not about proof at all.. its about collecting the money =)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
To avoid those fees, could all the swedes pay cash one day "too late" while we pick up the TV? =)

edit: Hm... all of us haven't even registered yet... also, what about us who already have? Do we need fill out everything again?

sidefx

Smash Champion
i mean i have the information already from the previous pre-reg, but the pre-reg with wepay will prompt you regardless upon checkout and has a bunch of required fields to fill out.

edit: @Zigsta, hmm there is no form to download.. but did you have adblock/noscript activated? if you did it wont show up, and ill have to email you a link to fill the form out. just keep a look out in your email.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hmm, I might have adblock on right now. I'd for sure appreciate an email, sidefx.

Browny

Smash Hater
in that case... did you get the email confirmation for my reservation or hasnt ramada sent it :x

got it - thanks

sidefx

Smash Champion
like i mentioned in the email i sent you, if you have problems paying it let me know by responding to the email.

and the confirmation email has yet to be sent to me. im not sure whats going on with that but ill call them right now again.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Can we do 64 signups on the spot? It just doesn't seem like people will pre-reg for it >__________>.

yeah i was actually going to think of doing that cause barely anyone has signed up.

the thing is though since were using wepay for pre-reg, payment for ssb winners wont be done in person =\ were sending out checks this time instead of dealing with cash straight up, even if its not as many people as we though (which sucks i know but i was expecting more =\ )

How much are the shirts going to cost?
25 like last time =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom