• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
What other TOs need to understand is that NO ONE can stop you from running event. The TOs in the LSC are not trying to do that. What we are doing is RECOMMENDING that the TOs involved (as well as the TOs not involved) not host anything bigger than smashfests during the circuit season.

The reason for this is because it builds hype for the circuit events (this is fact, ive seen in work in melee/brawl) and which makes the circuit events bigger which makes more circuit fee (aka pot bonus) build up which means more OOS/OOC players will enter the final event which makes the over hype level for smash grow in our state. THAT is the purpose of this circuit. To get this state back into the shap it was in 1.5 years ago.

If you guys dont wanna do what we recommend then by all means don't. But be aware that you are aiding in the destruction of our state as well as your attendance. I would assume you would want to work with us and promote healthy smash growth and if that is the case then please aid us in our circuit quest.
Xyro is the coolest!
I hope your efforts are not in vein, make no mistake I'm trying to attend the LSC.
Also My charity tournament is AFTER spring break in case no one caught that lol.

What's up bro it's been 4ever. You trying to get back into smash? I'm pretty sure Abilene just opened up a megabus station so you can go to dfw/houston/etc for cheap.

D

Deleted member

Well todays my birthday.
I also found out egoraptors birthday is the 6th. It must be a sign

Tesh

Smash Hero

Tickets have just gone on sale thru April 30th guys, so head over to Megabus.com and book your trips for Events #1(HOBO) and #2(Revolution).
[COLLAPSE="March 9th, Houston, TX"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="April 13th, Dallas, TX"]
[/COLLAPSE]​

There are 2 megabus locations in Dallas. Which one is more convenient for people to be picked up/take the bus from? Is one near the venue if I wanted to show up the morning of the tournament? If someone could answer this for me ASAP I'll be buying my tickets now.

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX , 710 Davis St, Grand Prairie

I'm pretty certain this will be the closer location for most of us
I'm literally right down the street from this stop.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thanks, just spent a few bucks on tickets, so I suppose you can confirm...someone is coming. Since I don't know if I'll be available lol.

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, just spent a few bucks on tickets, so I suppose you can confirm...someone is coming. Since I don't know if I'll be available lol.
I'm not following you. I can't house a cornucopia of people for tournaments, but if anyone is ever stuck waiting for a ride at this Megabus location (710 Davis St, Grand Prairie). I can most definitely pick you up and bring you to my place to smash/chillax until your ride gets there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, hopefully there will be housing this time. Last time only ALSM and a retired smasher were able to help.

Though its not like I couldn't afford a cheap hotel...

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Infinity give me MK vs Pika MU advice please!!

:phone:
Power shield jolts, space tilts properly and don't get grabbed between 10% and 50%. I really don't know anything else about the matchup, tbh.

Well, hopefully there will be housing this time. Last time only ALSM and a retired smasher were able to help.

Though its not like I couldn't afford a cheap hotel...
I can probably house you, but the problem is that I live literally clear across town from the Megabus station and wouldn't realistically be able to pick you up. I'd suggest talking to K-Bot about housing; like he's said - he lives right next to the station.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Dallas people. I'm looking at going to Sethlon's tournament next weekend, and I'm likely taking Amtrak. Could anyone close by who is going, get me from the Dallas station when I get there? Money and love are in store for you if you can.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is that just for the tournament, or for the whole Friday - Sunday stretch? As I mentioned in the other thread, mid day Friday is the only time I can get in so I'm gonna need a buttload of housing lol. And yeah I'm down for Melee.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok cool. I'll set that all up and should be there next weekend!

Oracle

Smash Master
yeah usually I just stay at sethlon's place the friday before tournaments anyways, so i'll just pick you up on my way there

Tesh

Smash Hero
Because people don't know how to edgeguard ZSS. I'm really glad he proved he is better than Nick Riddle and didn't have to face any florida MKs though. I await the results of the next few Jersey locals. I think when M2K studies the matchup and other MKs follow his lead, ZSS won't seem so slippery.

Denti I see by the bracket you got your revenge on bizkit? Gj, tough losing to Dabuz aka Dabunz aka Daflicker though.

Denti

Smash Master
Because people don't know how to edgeguard ZSS. I'm really glad he proved he is better than Nick Riddle and didn't have to face any florida MKs though. I await the results of the next few Jersey locals. I think when M2K studies the matchup and other MKs follow his lead, ZSS won't seem so slippery.

Denti I see by the bracket you got your revenge on bizkit? Gj, tough losing to Dabuz aka Dabunz aka Daflicker though.
Yeah I finally beat Bizkit... I'm 1-3 with him now. >.> It was almost as hard as trying to overcome Infinity at tournaments. Bizkit just countered my playstyle and registered how I played and read. I think now though I understand how to beat him. Not like it really matters though... I will probably never meet him again in bracket. Glad to have gone out with the win.

And Dabuz was tough. Game 3 last stock last hit. I could've had it :/ I could've become the best Olimar in America. Oh well.. Dabuz is really good anyways.

There were too many moments where I could have made major upsets. Game 3 last stock and last hit. Maybe next time.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!

I lol'd at Daflicker. Now there's going to be like a Dabuz vs. Otori rule about choosing the deflicker setting.

Also, good job Denti on finally beating Bizkit.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I really wish you had beaten him. He is such a disrespectful salty player, he really makes USA look bad. I'll be surprised if Rain ever comes back after his experience this time around.

D

Deleted member

Looks like Denti can't beat Bizkit at 70 star...
It's funny because no one will get the joke.
;-;

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I just realized that I've MM'd infinity like. Multiple times, and always get bodied, and he never takes my money.

WELL I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU BUSTER!!!!

You're legit <3

But soon... Soon I'll start making you feel like you actually worked for that money.

But you still won't take it.
Because I'll be winning.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Then you win, and he calls you up on the money you owe. Worst win

Top Bottom