• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Tons of MM's going on at the ramada. Dojo just beat Ally in a pretty epic money match, it was recorded. Melee's seeing some action as well :).

This tournament is going to be insane.
Is there any way vids will be uploaded from the hotel? I'm looking forward to some epic MM and Crew Battle vids tomorrow :)

Yes, I'm that impatient.

Samochan

Smash Master
That's probably true. But they haven't been playing a lot of NTSC for the 6 years before that which we have. We'll see though, no underestimation from our top pros i'm sure.
I know an exchange student has been switching back and fort when he came here from chile and then went back and has no major troubles, so 2-3 months of constant smashing on ntsc should've been enough preparation. Not forgetting the best practice is actually playing the ntsc players, I'm sure they've gotten into the flow in their hotel rooms or wherever they bunk. :3 Not like the chars or the game itself fundamentally changes, some moves and styles used on usa region, but if anything armada is quick to adapt and dutches I think have played on ntsc way before (if they showed up, not certain).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm callin melee like this.

1. Vwins
2. PKMVodka
3. RayneX
4th and on - I don't give a ****. Lol.

*meat rides canada's talent a little more following this post.*
Now if only Bam would show up XD.

My predictions:
Brawl:
1 Ally
2 M2K
3 Fiction
4 Tyrant
5 Lain
5 DSF

Melee:
1 Mango
2 Jman (yeah I said it)
3 M2K
4 RaynEX
5 Kage
5 SS

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Matches I really want to see (I will murder someone if these happen and aren't recorded):

Melee:
RaynEX vs M2K
Kage vs M2K
Kage vs SS
Jman vs M2K

Brawl:
Ally vs Fiction (seriously, this NEEDS to happen)
Ally vs DSF
Lain vs DSF
ViceGrip vs M2K (rep that Ness like I know you can!)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Sorry if it is posted somewhere, how many registered today? Is registration finished?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Is there live stream for this? O:

Also, good luck everyone! I'm sure everyone there is playing hardcore right now. xD

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Ally's taking it :)

and to elaborate on what I said earlier: the speed at which Ally improves even when he's already at or close to the top is mind-boggling. We all know the best way to improve is to play good players; particularly players who are better than ourselves. We also all know that everyone hits (often frustrating) plateaus in developing their game -especially when they are at the top of the metagame and have no one left who is significantly better than them to play against in order to improve- yet Ally ignores these conventions altogether. Ally and I are pretty good friends (as infrequently as we meet in person), and I've watched him constantly get better, at an even faster rate than most players who haven't even reached their first skill plateau yet. I'm going to stop my meatride here, but it's just alarming how much he improves...if anything it's frustrating that I don't know the secret to it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ally's taking it :)

and to elaborate on what I said earlier: the speed at which Ally improves even when he's already at or close to the top is mind-boggling. We all know the best way to improve is to play good players; particularly players who are better than ourselves. We also all know that everyone hits (often frustrating) plateaus in developing their game -especially when they are at the top of the metagame and have no one left who is significantly better than them to play against in order to improve- yet Ally ignores these conventions altogether. Ally and I are pretty good friends (as infrequently as we meet in person), and I've watched him constantly get better, at an even faster rate than most players who haven't even reached their first skill plateau yet. I'm going to stop my meatride here, but it's just alarming how much he improves...if anything it's frustrating that I don't know the secret to it.
I think me beating him helped his development.

When I took that game off him, he yelled "Oh ****!" in his all of his French/Spanish accent glory.

tl;dr, Ally will have me to thank when he beats M2K at Genesis :)

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
***** mangos got this cali is going to take out cali xD in brawl too... is co18 at this :D? hes got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom