• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
wtf? have you tried talking to the pound 3 organizers at all about how they handled it?

not yet, but as far as paypal goes, the supervisor that i talked to was explaining that they have no way of saying whether or not we are scam artists, or genuine. And since its a virtual item being sold, there is no way they can sign off on the object being sold until the day of the event, which means that every person who payed through paypal would have to get online and confirm they are there, THEN we get access to that persons money.

it would be such a headache to do it like that, and almost impossible.

edit: yes mail orders are still fine.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
not yet, but as far as paypal goes, the supervisor that i talked to was explaining that they have no way of saying whether or not we are scam artists, or genuine. And since its a virtual item being sold, there is no way they can sign off on the object being sold until the day of the event, which means that every person who payed through paypal would have to get online and confirm they are there, THEN we get access to that persons money.

it would be such a headache to do it like that, and almost impossible.

edit: yes mail orders are still fine.
well this just plain doesn't make sense then...

by this business model, no one would ever be able to sell tickets using paypal. if selling a ticket requires confirmation of the event, what would stop someone from buying a ticket with paypal, and then just not confirming the event after the fact and keeping their money? I mean, I'm 90% sure that some people out there use paypal to handle ticket purchasing, how would this be any different?

I'm not really trying to bust your balls here or anything, I just really want to see Genesis run smoothly and I don't think that's gonna happen unless pre-payment happens and what you're saying that paypal is saying just plain doesn't make sense.

if they really require some sort of confirmation from the buyer, couldn't you just have people confirm once there status on the pre-reg website gets updated to "paid" or something? or like, mail out some half-***** tickets or something... there's gotta be a way around whatever grief they're giving you.

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
Mogwai, pay pal is ******** and dumb. you have no idea how many stupid things ive had to go through with them over cards and stuff that i was selling or buying.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
man I'm getting so pumped for this, austrlia is gonna get pwned hardcore :)
what vyse said, I hope there's plenty of smash before and after genesis!

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
i don't think anyone cares about infinite team grabbing stuff...i've never heard anyone complain about it. the person left alone usually loses anyway.
Interesting...it's been banned here for a while now, because it was assumed to fall under a Standing Infinite grab, which Genesis has banned. However, it has been brought to my recent attention that this is NOT the case everywhere, so I'm wondering if my community has mis-interpretted the rules, or what.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
dudes in DBR:

I recently paid someone a personal debt via paypal. He didn't send me an invoice or anything, I just knew I owed him money so I asked him for his email address and then I signed in, clicked "Send Money" and blamo, I sent him the money.

I'd really like to see this event work out, so if you could just send me an email address I'd gladly send you venue money that way...I urge anyone else who wants this to work out to do the same :)

sidefx

Smash Champion
toasty, i wish we could, but ive already discussed it over with paypal. they see our transactions and the reason why the closed it was due to the amount of money rolling into the account. its all a liability issue with them.

and for anyone who hasnt read/seen/known about whats going on

ONLINE PAYMENT IS CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING DUE TO REASONS THAT IVE ALREADY STATED A FEW PAGES BACK.

king has not been reachable at all what -so-ever, so he hasnt been able to change it. the end

sidefx

Smash Champion
well this just plain doesn't make sense then...

by this business model, no one would ever be able to sell tickets using paypal. if selling a ticket requires confirmation of the event, what would stop someone from buying a ticket with paypal, and then just not confirming the event after the fact and keeping their money? I mean, I'm 90% sure that some people out there use paypal to handle ticket purchasing, how would this be any different?

I'm not really trying to bust your balls here or anything, I just really want to see Genesis run smoothly and I don't think that's gonna happen unless pre-payment happens and what you're saying that paypal is saying just plain doesn't make sense.

if they really require some sort of confirmation from the buyer, couldn't you just have people confirm once there status on the pre-reg website gets updated to "paid" or something? or like, mail out some half-***** tickets or something... there's gotta be a way around whatever grief they're giving you.
were trying to find a new payment site, or even through paypal again but through different loop holes

for now, i think its just the confirmation thing holding paypal back from letting us do it. and like you said if we send out "tickets" to peoples doors for them to sign off on, and confirm themselves, then that would ultimately work.

online payment is still probably the only way to go about registering for this, we understand that so were trying to fix this asap

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
were trying to find a new payment site, or even through paypal again but through different loop holes

for now, i think its just the confirmation thing holding paypal back from letting us do it. and like you said if we send out "tickets" to peoples doors for them to sign off on, and confirm themselves, then that would ultimately work.

online payment is still probably the only way to go about registering for this, we understand that so were trying to fix this asap
Call the Kishes, they will probably know what to do since the last FC was 100% percent online prepay.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i have no way of getting in contact with the kishes =\ if anyone can for me or point me in the right direction that would be great

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i might be able to help you out with some online payment stuff, iv been looking into it recently. catch me on aim tomorrow starting around 5, 5 EST that is lol.

AIM name is ChiboSempai, I think I can help you guys out

sidefx

Smash Champion
what the **** paypal..

im calling them again tomorrow and ***** someone out.. there is no way they can not let us sell **** without confirmation DAY OF. dont worry guys, this **** will be sorted out

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
oh u got a hold on ur account. i had to deal with that bull****, talking to customer service, etc. But you can get through it and get things continued, it's just a bunch of bull****. i had to send in photo copies of my ID and other info. so annoying

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah im gonna try again tomorrow and see what comes of it.. it really cant see how they cant let it go through without confirming at the event. but yeah someone needs to be *****ed at

sidefx

Smash Champion
just use acteva.com

that's what i did for fast1 and everything worked out pretty well...you just need to understand the payment schedule
thank you kind sir, i had just found this last night before i went to bed.. looks pretty **** to me so far.

chibo also showed me this one website for forms and ****, that is auto integrated into PayPal. It also exports the data (people who payed) into an excel file, which in turn could POSSIBLY be imported straight into TIO with a bit of neal magic. (already in talks with him about it)

also, neal was kind enough to code a new feature into TIO that would basically streamline the whole registration process, by allowing more than one computer to be used to enter registration information and then be merged into one computer for use.

Fact: Neal created the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom