• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Draft crews.
Each player in each crew is a main of a unique character in Melee.

That'd be one heck of a crew battle.
The best two players of each character on opposing crews.

pockyD

Smash Legend
draft crews generally turn out mediocre because there's nothing at stake

especially if there's 30 people per crew, people are going to lose interest about 2 minutes in

Scar

#HarveyDent
1st day

ssb64 mini tourny
friendlies
money matches
2nd day

melee doubles
melee singles
3rd day

another melee doubles tournament
another melee singles tournament
This is the best schedule ever.

btw how are you guys going to run a full teams/singles bracket in 1 day? we're doing pools right?

edit: I just checked the schedule... WOW i'm pumped. you guys seem like you're ready for this. you might want to try to get like 100 more setups though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Is there a place at the venue where you could park a car over-night?

Because, if so, **** a hotel. I'll just rent a car for the weekend and just drive it to the venue and sleep in it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Stop using Inui logic. It will also be his method of transportation to the venue as well, it's worth the combined cost.

You're such a freakin pessimist. Your life must suck.

pockyD

Smash Legend
stop being such a kid. have you ever even rented a car?

i'm a pessimist and a realist

saving money isn't subjective. something either costs more, or it costs less (or on very rare occasions, costs the same). whether i'm an optimist or not would have nothing to do with it, unless you're "hoping" that they're having 'free car day' at the airport

also, you clearly don't even know what inui logic is

maybe if i said he'd be better off renting a hotel room because the hotel beat a motorcycle in friendlies on rainbow cruise two years ago and then the motorcycle goes "even" with the car by taking him last stock last hit every time then ok

sidefx

Smash Champion
Is there a place at the venue where you could park a car over-night?

Because, if so, **** a hotel. I'll just rent a car for the weekend and just drive it to the venue and sleep in it.
sorry no one will be permitted on the fairgrounds property after the venue is closed for the night.

there is more info on the front page and as well as the genesis forums (www.norcalsmash.com/forums)

the venue is not rented out for overnight stay, due to insurance policies. Also, you cannot sleep in your car on the property. feel free to do so on the street somewhere if you like..

or.. get (or split) a hotel room from one of the hotels we mentioned (further details concerning price will come after feb 20th.)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I didn't know there were so many ****ing *******s in this community.

If you have an opinion or suggestion, give it. You don't have to douche it up to make a point. I'll get it just fine without the *** hole-ish attitude. I would hate to see how bad these people act after losing a match...

Thanks sidefx for the heads-up

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I didn't know there were so many ****ing *******s in this community.

If you have an opinion or suggestion, give it. You don't have to douche it up to make a point. I'll get it just fine without the *** hole-ish attitude. I would hate to see how bad these people act after losing a match...

Thanks sidefx for the heads-up
This community is actually nothing like other gaming communitys.

Corigames

Smash Hero
touchy much?

give a one-liner and someone's acting like you slept with their mother and went on the news with it
Yeah, but my mom's day job isn't any big news to me. The point is you don't have to be a prick, even when trying to help.

And I only suggest the car because I had no clue about transportation from however I'm getting to CA to the venue. Renting a car seems ok, especially if I can use it to get to food, a place to break from the tourny, and a shelter at night. But since sidefx gave me that link I may have better ideas from here forward.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Who wants to host me?

: D

Actually screw that.
Who wants to go drinking with me?

Actually better yet.
Where's Le_THieN staying I wonder?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Anyone who had met pockyD knows that he will be the first one to tell you that you are being a ******. And generally in a sarcastic demeaning humorous manner. Trust me, it's nothing personal.

<3 pocky

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wait.
It'll be illegal for me to drink in America since I'll only be 19 this year.

: O

Australia's legal drinking age is 18.

I wanted to go drinking at a bar or club : /

Niko_K

Smash Master
Wait.
It'll be illegal for me to drink in America since I'll only be 19 this year.

: O

Australia's legal drinking age is 18.

I wanted to go drinking at a bar or club : /
Could I interest you in some herbal solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom