• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
i believe its in the tourny discussion thread, someone just told me about it on aim
thanks, looking into it now. only read the closed thread though, hopefully there will be more details in the results one...

videos of samuraipanda's commentary someone posted in that one (haven't watched them yet) as security comes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyhQ-thpyAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZqF8IrOjhs

[edit: "someone" = Overswarm]

and to not go further off-topic...police somehow found out about this tournament, and genesis is gonna be much bigger.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
and to not go further off-topic...police somehow found out about this tournament, and genesis is gonna be much bigger.
That is true, but from what I read of the results page the LAPD was called in because of the riot itself, sooo...basically all that the guys of DBR are going to have to remember is to run things as smoothly as possible and ask for help from other respected TO's if they need it.

And I trust they'll do that, so I see nothing like this happening again. :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
LMAO you're welcome, I scream at EVERYONE @ SPOC... it's part of the experience.

also if my g/f ever gets a boards account I'm going to force her to make her name Scarlett. good, bad?
only if your girlfriend is Scarlett Johansson ^_^

before people decide to be clever or obnoxious about it [and no one is, yet :)], I'll use my severe lack of SWF-clout and suggest kindly that people refrain from turning this thread into a "hope we don't have a CoT4 repeat here" thread or even a "this would never happen on the WC" thread

mistakes, from small to extraordinary, happen...but it's in the past, so leave it there [or at least in its results thread XD] but hey, at least they finally finished the tourney (at Chibo's apt. at 4 AM! jeeesus) and everyone learned valuable lessons in tourney organization.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
only if your girlfriend is Scarlett Johansson ^_^

before people decide to be clever or obnoxious about it [and no one is, yet :)], I'll use my severe lack of SWF-clout and suggest kindly that people refrain from turning this thread into a "hope we don't have a CoT4 repeat here" thread or even a "this would never happen on the WC" thread

mistakes, from small to extraordinary, happen...but it's in the past, so leave it there [or at least in its results thread XD] but hey, at least they finally finished the tourney (at Chibo's apt. at 4 AM! jeeesus) and everyone learned valuable lessons in tourney organization.
Knowledge is power.

idea

Smash Master
That is true, but from what I read of the results page the LAPD was called in because of the riot itself, sooo...basically all that the guys of DBR are going to have to remember is to run things as smoothly as possible and ask for help from other respected TO's if they need it.

mm okay. i actually heard chibo called the security on people...which i think was because they didn't want to leave when the venue closed, because they weren't even close to done, because chibo started the tournament incredibly late due to poor organization. but i could be wrong about any of that.

M@v

Subarashii!

I love that the LAPD is all of a sudden in Philadelphia >_>'.

Everyone learned some valuable lessons here, so lets just make sure it doesnt happen again.

idea

Smash Master
i remember someone saying in the results thread that the guards were threatening to call the LAPD since so many people there were from the west coast.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
There was clearly such a bad riot that they called in the Los Angeles Police Department because no other PD had the training required. GO LA.
...the fact that they'd call LAPD to go to a tournament in PA amazes me in the first place.

Like you said, this really says something about LAPD. They either really are the only group with the proper training to be able to teleport/move at the speed of light, or they're excessive meth users.

Either way, GO LA.

sidefx

Smash Champion
wait.. did they REALLY call the LAPD? or is that just a joke..

and if they did.. did the LAPD really show up? or is that a joke.

Cia

das kwl
LOL, it was HILARIOUS when i heard that someone called the cops saying "there are angry rioting video gamers and we need police assistance." I wish that story made the news.

Brawl community = the NEW SRK

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You guys should definitely use stage striking for Brawl's ruleset instead of using random. Stage striking is most definitely the new standard of the community, and it is widely-accepted as being the best way to choose a stage. I can't imagine a tournament as huge as GENESIS is going to be to not run with stage striking.

pockyD

Smash Legend
stage striking is pointless with only 3 starter stages

and norcal was among the first to use the stage strike; don't think we don't know about it

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
[*]We Understand just how much it can suck to travel to a tournament only to leave with a few pools matches under your belt, and never having the chance to play the people you came to smash with, so we are devoting the first day almost entirely to friendlies. Rest assured, this is one tournament where you’re guaranteed to get in all the smash you could ever wish for!
Is this a good idea? Would it be better to have the third day devoted to friendlies?

CoT4

Smash tourneys generally (always?) start and run later than expected, so wouldn't it be best to get everything done first thing?

Corigames

Smash Hero
I would rather have friendlies on the first day since, as I can expect in my personal situation, that I will be out of practice and need to get some practice in. Getting back in gear by having a whole day dedicated to friendlies at the beginning would at least be helpful for this.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Maybe the first day can just be dedicated to dodge ball? That way we can get that out of the way since it's a popular idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom