• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I think the brawl vs melee debate should be finally ended here. After the tournaments over move out every table chair and tv..... Melee players on one side of the room.... brawl on the other... DODGE BALL!
:laugh: Best.... post... ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait... what about the players who like both?
OP says $80 for both Brawl and Melee.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, you do the dodgeball....then the people who like 64 will come as a roaming deathsquad and tag everyone who is still standing.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, you do the dodgeball....then the people who like 64 will come as a roaming deathsquad and tag everyone who is still standing.
THIS. ^

I can see that happening. And I can see Isai being the last man standing, in the unlikely event that the deathsquad gets wrecked by those remaining.

The reason?

Don't get hit.

Smooth Criminal

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
well dodgeball is a game where camping is kinda involved....but the people on the melee side will just wavedash out the way.

idk

Scar

#HarveyDent
If that were the real end of the debate I would go through a week straight of intensive dodgeball training right before Genesis.

btw Open up pre-reg I WANNA JOIN

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'm sorry everyone for the off-topicness, but I have to thank Scar for something real quick.

I heard you just scream at people at tourneys if they're not entering, until they do.

This proved to be quite effective at my last tournament.

Thank you for indirectly helping me save my region lmao [the dude I screamed at got THIRD too...with LoZR and Tope in 1st and 2nd]

If only adding people into the Genesis tourney on-site wouldn't be such a pain [since you're pretty much gonna be in a deathpool]...it'd be nice to see if this worked there XD

sidefx

Smash Champion
lol you just scream at people and they enter?

i would probably get punched if i did that here

edit: prereg will be up soon, haha pockys still working out a few kinks

i liked that little ec vs wc thing pakman put up in the comments.. auto ec huh.. lol

sql and php ****ing suck balls btw

toasty

Smash Hero
haha I don't know the specifics of what Scar does, I just remember what Team Richmond told me about SPOC VI...

and I only really screamed at one person at my tournament, Ether, [got 2nd in teams with Tope/Cyrain in 1st] because he's the absolute best in our region for Melee but he never ever gets to go to tournaments because he works 6 days a week, including saturdays, and I finally got him to take a day off for this and I got a bunch of people who aren't from our area to attend as well + non-regular locals,...ended up being the biggest tournament for Smash in our area EVER [before or after Brawl]...with a massive 41 people in singles and 16 teams >_> ....yeah, we're pretty amazing :(

AND it was only $5...

And this man didn't want to enter at first?

Wow, what a *****.

And that's what I treated him like...actually SCREAMING [almost violently] at him and how I didn't care what he said, he was already entered and I was taking his money.

Ugh...getting him to come to Genesis is going to be more trying for me than making sure I actually save up enough for the trip XD

Seriously, the guy could easily become one of the best Marth's on the EC if he just had tourney experience against good players [and there are ZERO players in SoVa who fit this definition of "good"]...ugh he's probably only entered in like 6 tournaments ever :( (MAXIMUM 10 tourneys, but STILL that's nothing)

Okay I'll stop talking about this nonsense haha...sorry...

sidefx

Smash Champion
So, are you guys seeding it based on pre-regs (before the tourney) or the day of?

Just wondering :O
we will be seeding based on confirmed attendees at a later date. we wont be doing anything with seeding until we get a solid list closer to the tournament date. but as always, seeding is very difficult with so many people coming.. basically trying to make a power ranking for the whole **** world.. haha but we will do our best..

we are trying to avoid doing anything last minute, and having everything set and planned with backup plans that have back up plans before the tournament begins, so we are on a set schedule like an army drill sergeant

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
haha I don't know the specifics of what Scar does, I just remember what Team Richmond told me about SPOC VI...

and I only really screamed at one person at my tournament, Ether, [got 2nd in teams with Tope/Cyrain in 1st] because he's the absolute best in our region for Melee but he never ever gets to go to tournaments because he works 6 days a week, including saturdays, and I finally got him to take a day off for this and I got a bunch of people who aren't from our area to attend as well + non-regular locals,...ended up being the biggest tournament for Smash in our area EVER [before or after Brawl]...with a massive 41 people in singles and 16 teams >_> ....yeah, we're pretty amazing :(

AND it was only $5...

And this man didn't want to enter at first?

Wow, what a *****.

And that's what I treated him like...actually SCREAMING [almost violently] at him and how I didn't care what he said, he was already entered and I was taking his money.

Ugh...getting him to come to Genesis is going to be more trying for me than making sure I actually save up enough for the trip XD

Seriously, the guy could easily become one of the best Marth's on the EC if he just had tourney experience against good players [and there are ZERO players in SoVa who fit this definition of "good"]...ugh he's probably only entered in like 6 tournaments ever :( (MAXIMUM 10 tourneys, but STILL that's nothing)

Okay I'll stop talking about this nonsense haha...sorry...
Ether is amazing, though I still think his AIM sn is a better tag =P

If that were the real end of the debate I would go through a week straight of intensive dodgeball training right before Genesis.
I just pictured Scar doing one of those-running jumps across the line in the middle with a ball in hand, spiking it onto someone mid-air, and then following that up with a knee to the face.

sidefx

Smash Champion
the only way this would happen, is if everyone helped with not being away from their pools, and were on deck on at every match and immediately played their match the second the other 2 were done playing. straight up boot camp. which is what we plan on having it like.. hahah but without the pushups..

cause then if everything goes to plan, we will finish early on sunday, clear all the equipment out, (with the help of everyone there which will take like.. 15 minutes or some **** lol) so then we can bust out with dodgeball. hahaha

this really could be a possibility.. itll just depend on if we finish early or not

toasty

Smash Hero
I think that's **** good motivation to finish early!

btw I'm pretty good with making sure things run quickly so I'll help be a pool captain for mine or something [hah mad early to say that, I know, but down the line I'll be like "yo remember when I said..." and you'll be like "oh yeah, word"]

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Sidefx, you know or during one of the Brawl tournaments nobody enters we can have a game of dodgeball on the lawn outside or something.
We can have independently run stuff like that right? :colorful::colorful::colorful:

sidefx

Smash Champion
hopefully we can, but itll all be planned out perfectly, im pretty sure not everyone will participate, so hopefully maybe on the first day perhaps? during the friendlies time, i dunno hahah we'll have to look it over

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well...I've never been to a tourney (midwest FTL) and absolutely suck at this game (compared to competitive players, of course...), but...this has definitely intrigued me enough to pull out SSBM and train my *** off until the day this tourney starts. I'm DEFINITELY going, if only for the first day of fun. :D

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Guys I just wanna know I had a dream about this tournament last night.
I'll post more details later. Though, I distinctly remember Niko taking ecstasy.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
SideFX theres a posibilty that a crew from PR comes. Is there a way we can enter in melee crew battles if posibble. We dont get the chance to come up here to a major US melee tournament

sidefx

Smash Champion
SideFX theres a posibilty that a crew from PR comes. Is there a way we can enter in melee crew battles if posibble. We dont get the chance to come up here to a major US melee tournament
we were actually talking about PR having its own crew like canada does. the only thing is, the amount of people coming from PR must exceed 12 (10 members and 2 alts) and also we have to look into time constraints.. as of right now were pretty limited as far as fitting more things into the schedule..

but we are still looking into it, and we will have to see if we can fit in PR as its own regional crew for the crew battles.

we'll get back to you with an answer at a later date

sidefx

Smash Champion
Please don't let the real LAPD get involved at this tourney

D:
huh?

the LAPD is located in LA.

GENESIS is not in LA

ahhahahahahah watch out for the DBR Girls at Genesis =D

edit: i just read what happened..

**** that sucks for everyone who attended. but dont worry non of that will happen to genesis.. im not about to put my name on something and let it fail.

idea

Smash Master
we were actually talking about PR having its own crew like canada does. the only thing is, the amount of people coming from PR must exceed 12 (10 members and 2 alts) and also we have to look into time constraints.. as of right now were pretty limited as far as fitting more things into the schedule..

but we are still looking into it, and we will have to see if we can fit in PR as its own regional crew for the crew battles.

we'll get back to you with an answer at a later date
lol, canada's crew is going to be ridiculous. so many good players on one team...i don't think i'm on it, incidentally =P

edit: whoa, when did i reach 1500 posts? gotta pay more attention.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I heard you just scream at people at tourneys if they're not entering, until they do.
LMAO you're welcome, I scream at EVERYONE @ SPOC... it's part of the experience.

also if my g/f ever gets a boards account I'm going to force her to make her name Scarlett. good, bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom