• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
'Cause cheering for your own country is totally evil? >_>

Come on, man. There's tons of cheers of EAST COAST in major tournaments in Atlantic North. Is that bigoted?
I think the cheering is fine, actually its great, it makes tournaments (specially big ones) fun.

It's just that at a certain point it gets out of hand and people start bashing each other and their teams rather than just cheering for their own.

It's like the whole brawl vs melee thing (which is totally ********) in the sense that instead of saying, "both games are good, I just like melee or brawl better", rather people say, "brawl sucks" or "you suck" or" the community sucks" or anything along these lines.

I don't think it's ok to start bashing Europe when they made this tournament epic by coming out all the way to cali.

I think it would be great to have a repeat of genesis with more smashers coming worldwide, but that can't happen if everytime world class tourneys happens people start to flame/trashtalk each other until a point where its just hate from both sides.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I think ally won ( YAAAAAAY! )

So, it appears to be ALly vs Dojo GF in about 30 minutes.

Ally will win.

I called this grand finals setup 100 pages ago.

And ally before genesis started . WOOH!!! Go ALLY!!!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
good to know the brawl noobs know the real competitive game when they see it.
Really?

This is REALLY still going on despite the mods already giving out warnings and such?

---

Hope Dojo advances. Was there anything in the Genesis' ruleset that prohibited "air planking"?

Vayseth

Smash Master
so if im getting this right...

Brawl
M2k vs Ally in Winner's GF
Tyrant plays winner of Dojo/DEHF in loser's semi

Melee
Mango beat Armada in Winner' GF 6-2
Therefore, had Armada won one more game, he would have handed Mango his second set loss
That's not right. If Armada had one one more game IN THE FIRST SET, yes. If he won one in the second set they would have just continued playing.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
adhd is pro, obviously the best diddy. dam top 5, would've like ally vs him but did m2k lose vs ally and dojo? please answer anyone.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
why cant we just like both games?
Because some people like their games more competitive.
No one hates Brawl (I don't think at least, who would hate a video game lol). People just prefer one for the other. Sometimes things just get out of hand (like when people were trying to hear about Brawl, but all the Melee people were still here).

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
If they see it as "excessive stalling," then yes, air planking is against the rules.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
so if im getting this right...

Brawl
M2k vs Ally in Winner's GF
Tyrant plays winner of Dojo/DEHF in loser's semi

Melee
Mango beat Armada in Winner' GF 6-2
Therefore, had Armada won one more game, he would have handed Mango his second set loss
No, Armada had to win the second set fair and square. There aren't any rollover matches at Genesis.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can't believe you people actually find the time to bash Brawl/Melee during this. It's amazing.

Gnes

Smash Master
If Dojo gets DQd for Air planking, that's really stupid.

There's nothing in the rules that states that you can't jump around in an area. It's not his fault that Larry's afraid to approach him.
Exactly. Nobody mentions zac planking dsf...but when a meta does anything that resembles not rushing in into impending doom people start to cry.

Really?

This is REALLY still going on despite the mods already giving out warnings and such?

---

Hope Dojo advances. Was there anything in the Genesis' ruleset that prohibited "air planking"?
No there wasn't. There wasn't even a no planking rule. Dojo would have approached if DEHF stopped laser camping so he didn't. DEHF would have approached had Dojo stopped "air planking". Brawl is gay. nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom