• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Good show, Armada!

I'm really disgusted with all the hate for Europe.
Agreed. The flaming has to stop, stop giving US a bad name.

no one can argue now that Eu does not have game considering how even if they didn't finish, Armada still beat M2K in a set.

Please show some respect for outsiders who traveled hundreds of miles to participate in one of OUR tournaments.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
This is what happens when Jason doesn't read the rule prior to entering the tournament. His Loss.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
kismet > valdens, t0mmy > inui, chip > sean, valdens > hitori, richbrown > leepuff

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
stop being fanboys everyone, europe and US and accept results jeez..gl to whoever's in the finals

US flaming europe and the other way round has to stop

- Fuzzyness
you guys are still at it, no one wants to see it and I'm serious

I'll ask for moderation on this thread if you guys dont stfu

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I really think most people in here saying "M2k was cheated" and "they shoulda finished the set" really wouldn't be saying that if it had been the other way around. The fact is, we're in an American dominated forum, and most people here are biased.
I quite agree with you. I wouldn't care at all if this had happened to armada. :psycho:

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
And SmashBoards again proves that Smash Bros. has one of the worst gaming communities in the world. Good job.

Speaking on idiots in this thread, not the good people actually at Genesis.
What the **** are you talking about? Don't post rule sets and not adhere to them strictly because then **** like this happens. Anyone would be pissed.

casy

Smash Cadet
I wanted Armada to win and I find it disappointing that the set wasn't played out. It means that his victory over m2k will always be tarnished by a question mark.

linksta888

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** this is hard to keep up with, everytime I finish with a page I have 2 additional ones to read!

Alright so is there anything actually written down that says that sets can have whatever rules the players want? Or is that just some unwritten rule that is supposed to be known? If it's nto official and nobody actually has put in the rules that set rules can be changed to whatever the **** they want to be according to the players, then shouldnt' people just use official rules?

I am trying not to have any biases, I just want people's honest opinions, if I am in a tournament and I have to play my buddy, can we just do 99 stock hyrule with damage ratio on like 0.1 or w/e?

Also, who's still in this?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I hate how every interaction between USA and Europe becomes a huge conflict and a bunch of useless flames.

Grow the **** up, everyone. Armada and M2K had nothing to do with disputes or animosity between continents.

I think it should have been played out, but it wasn't. I'm not going to blame Europe for it. In the same light, I'm not going to agree with Europe for calling themselves better for a single win.

Stupid people are stupid.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I"m glad europe is this good it just means melee as a whole is bigger/more awesome than we thought. I don't want it to end up like starcraft where 1 country is like stupid better than the rest. This will make the game bigger/better in the long run.

Pi

Smash Hero
Armada and M2K were suppose to play a set of 5
The set is not over
That's all there is to it. You can't warp the tourney rules to suit your preferences.

R3N0

Smash Lord
alright whatever lets just move on so m2k can come back from losers and put armada in 3rd.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
It seems like if what your saying isn't part of the argument you have repeat it several times and get people ticked off at you: Has any stuff happened in brawl singles yet?

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Armada and M2K were suppose to play a set of 5
The set is not over
That's all there is to it. You can't warp the tourney rules to suit your preferences.
Happens all the time, people can play on banned stages if they agree to it.

darkatma

Smash Hero
stop the country arguments guys they're pointless.

Some of the better smashers have always realized the skill of players worldwide. There's no point comparing who's better/worse if it just leads to flawed argumentation.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I"m glad europe is this good it just means melee as a whole is bigger/more awesome than we thought. I don't want it to end up like starcraft where 1 country is like stupid better than the rest. This will make the game bigger/better in the long run.
And because of this tournament, melee will gradually overcome brawl in tournament attendants.

:)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LOL not even close, the only two Europeans that could come close are Armada and perhaps Amsah. Stop ****ing meatriding on Europe all day, you guys aren't even that good besides your two prized pros.
Tyler, stop making an idiot out of yourself. Please. Control yourself for once and think before you post. Yeesh.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I hate how every interaction between USA and Europe becomes a huge conflict and a bunch of useless flames.

Grow the **** up, everyone. Armada and M2K had nothing to do with disputes or animosity between continents.

I think it should have been played out, but it wasn't. I'm not going to blame Europe for it. In the same light, I'm not going to agree with Europe for calling themselves better for a single win.

Stupid people are stupid.
QFT

10chars

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I like your thinking:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom