• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
well I mean if this really gets off the ground and there is enough interest in people's respective regions, there will obviously more than probably 2 buses. Seriously though, it could easily be like 1 bus from MD/VA/NC/SC, 1 bus from MA/ME/CT/NY/NJ [I know I'm forgetting states but I'm generalizing here], 1 bus from...you get the idea.
But that would require cooperation with a bus company that has many locations throughout the nation from which we can use these buses [and they'd have to be located conveniently enough for people in each region to access them] AND the sponsors would have to be on board for everything.

It's a horribly complicated matter for it to work well enough and for it to be cost effective [but moreso for it to be an efficient/pleasant use of time] so let's hope we can strike gold somewhere in our search for bus companies/sponsors/etc.

An alternative? Vans. Roadtrips. Epicness. Of course it won't be something insane like 40-50 people on one bus with Smashers from all over. But that's the more practical alternative since they'll seat 12 people and it most likely won't involve a bunch of pickups along the way.

Again, the only way we can REALLY get this to happen would be if we had cooperation with a charter company with enough convenient locations/connections/etc in the right regions for us AND if we had the same kind of amazing support/cooperation with the right sponsors. It's still possible. I'm just saying...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
toasty, why do you make so much sense? lol and MD/VA/NC/SC bus would probably work. Like I said, each "region" could have there own, because 1 or 2 for everyone does seem a little hard to pull off.

We should see how far this gets before we look for alternative ways of getting there, that don't involve a plane.

PB&J

Smash Hero
my first reaction was im flying but smash bus ill be so epic .me and soft are def for this if u guys are...smash road trip..we need alot of footage of his..i love smash

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
smash bus sounds like one of the best ideas i've ever heard

i'm tempted to fly somewhere so that the smashbus can pick me up instead of going straight there

but i'll probably just fly straight there LOL

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol @ this thread. It's ****ing ****

I'll be going by car but I'd gladly follow the busses if I can find their route and meet them lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This is gonna be a 30-40 hour drive. 2-4 cars, 10-20 people, 2-3 stops over 1-2 nights. DAYUM

that is pretty beast come to think of it haha

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
BC Canada is VERY INTERESTED!
As soon as you get back, we're gunna practice like every day.

This is gonna be a 30-40 hour drive. 2-4 cars, 10-20 people, 2-3 stops over 1-2 nights. DAYUM

that is pretty beast come to think of it haha
Nice, who's all going with you? GIVE DIESLOW A RIDE!!!

He said he'll go if he gets a ride. We NEED him to go. Plz plz dyna, do ur best to accomodate him. = D

SILENT SPECTRE!!! $20 Falcon ditto MM :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
that smash bus thing looks pretty ridiculously epic.

hope it works out for all whos participating.

im flying there. peace out *****es

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol @ this thread. It's ****ing ****

I'll be going by car but I'd gladly follow the busses if I can find their route and meet them lol
You and I are meeting up in Portland right?

Are the buses stopping by anywhere in Oregon?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
As soon as you get back, we're gunna practice like every day.

Nice, who's all going with you? GIVE DIESLOW A RIDE!!!

He said he'll go if he gets a ride. We NEED him to go. Plz plz dyna, do ur best to accomodate him. = D

SILENT SPECTRE!!! $20 Falcon ditto MM :D
Lemme know when Eric is back. I wanna play him before this thang.

Yes, DIESLOW HAS A SEAT

Shotty on legroom plx.
shhyyyyt it's another. lol
Francis, Yakal, Evan, Tony, Tim, Adam, AJ, Eric, Kaelen get seats in my car in that order. We're getting another vehicle though, so we'll have 2 carziez minimum or a big 8 seater errrr, 9 seater? 10? sometin like dat.

You and I are meeting up in Portland right?

Are the buses stopping by anywhere in Oregon?
Yes we are. I'm gonna hook us up with some smashers there too, so we can have a break/place to chill/sleep/eat/rest/smash on a break on the way.

Busses, let us know where you're going through so we can go there, wait for the busses and follow them :p

smashbus
need I say more
If this smashbus thing happens, it should be the slogan.

SMASHBUS

Niko_K

Smash Master
Smash Bus is going to be ****ing amazing. Hopefully we can have enough combined to rent a nicer bus to have tv's on board.

Frames

DI
one bus would be cool but if we got a convoy set up of trucks and vans with like cb radios and **** we would tear up the US, from 6 am breakfasts at truck stops to late night gas station fillups

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
CashMooney69 (1:39:09 AM): *blah blah blah*
NikoSMSH (1:39:09 AM): ill take over the project if you want :p
CashMooney69 (1:39:18 AM): i was only hyping it up
CashMooney69 (1:39:20 AM): by all means
CashMooney69 (1:39:22 AM): do so

Niko K is now in control of da bus'

Silhouette

Smash Lord
im working my way reading through this entire thread right now, im on page 20 so far
and the smashbus sounds absolutely amazing and it would solve all our problems, im in.
more MW on the bus!

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
CashMooney69 (1:39:09 AM): *blah blah blah*
NikoSMSH (1:39:09 AM): ill take over the project if you want :p
CashMooney69 (1:39:18 AM): i was only hyping it up
CashMooney69 (1:39:20 AM): by all means
CashMooney69 (1:39:22 AM): do so

Niko K is now in control of da bus'
ask mooney he's in charge
Surely, you can read the English language, yes?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
So if this smashbus deal is really serious, because it is def an amazing idea, we should make a thread and plan out a route and times for each stop.

sounds like a really long trip tho

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sounds like somebody better bring a setup that has a generator - and a vcr...

and by "a setup" and "a generator"

i mean like 40 setups and 40 generators

smashbus tourney on the way to the tourney?

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
So if this smashbus deal is really serious, because it is def an amazing idea, we should make a thread and plan out a route and times for each stop.

sounds like a really long trip tho
I think that's the biggest problem I see with it. I MIGHT do it if the kinks are worked out, I'd be taking it from Florida. I may also fly.

Ideally you wouldn't want the bus to travel down the entire east coast. IMO you should have at least two buses. One can pick up north east coast for the most part, and maybe go through the midwest. The other can pick up south east coast and go through Texas? Just a thought. Other things to think about:

1) Will you guys be sleeping on the bus? Or will you stop at motels or something to sleep?
2) If you are planning on not stopping, how many drivers are you gonna need? Drivers need sleep.
3) Would bus drivers actually be willing to leave their home for like a week-ish for drive people to play smash? Or will smashers be driving?
4) If smashers are driving, I think you're gonna need to get bus licenses. Don't know how long they take to get, people should figure it out and you should get the people planning on driving (probably multiple people) to get on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom