• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creepy/Scary Things In Nintendo Games

1337ZSS

Smash Apprentice
^ Is that the guy who just bust out of that chamber and he's on fire? When you're on the island? If so that scared the **** outta me. By reflex I paused the game and had to take a couple of breaths before bustin' caps in his ***. :laugh:
Lol, that was definately it :laugh:

I forget how I first reacted. maybe I just froze.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
The Real Gamer said:
Am I the only one who thought that the music when you first walk in the castle in Mario 64 was scary? You know when you first walk in, and then the scary music plays, and then you hear Bowser laughing somewhere in the distance. The first time when I heard that I ran out of the castle. I'm not kidding either lol.

Watch 1:50 in this video if you don't know what I'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY0NPWCAcaQ

That's some creepy stuff right there.
I was small when I played that game, so yeah.

Also I just remembered, the never-ending staircase from Super Mario 64. When you tried to get to the last boss but didn't have enough stars, you would keep running and that music would play... then you turn around and you didn't even go anywhere. Scary music...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Getting Arceus. The Music is scary and the Battle Music is like your fighting a GOD which Arceus is lol
Arceus isn't a god, he IS GOD. And you trap God in a pokeball and send the ****er to Bill's PC. Yeah *****, let's see how Chuck Norris tops that one.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Arceus isn't a god, he IS GOD. And you trap God in a pokeball and send the ****er to Bill's PC. Yeah *****, let's see how Chuck Norris tops that one.
Chuck Norris can't even be caught he's so f***ing awesome. Try throwing a Pokeball at him and he roundhouse kicks you.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
WRONG, the pokeball will either.....

1)once thrown it will look at chuck norris and go flying back into your face from fright.

or

2)it wont leave your hand in the first place.

ravenhats

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcons grab O>O that must hurt being hit their especially if the character is male

Darkslash

Smash Master
Not exactly a game buts its the Pokemon Manga.

In the manga version of the lost tower YOU GET CORPES OF POKEMON RUN TOWARDS YOU. NOT JUST GHOST BUT ZOMBIES. That would scare the hell out of me

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
At least these things come to mind:

1: Goombas in the very first super mario bros. Yep, those slow, pixelated and stupid basic Goombas. I was really young when my dad made me play that game and I was just horrified when those Goombas were moving towards me, my dad screaming: "Jump! Kill them!"
Hrr...

2: The moon in Majora´s mask. It has creepy eyes and terrifying smile. How could one not to fear it?

3: The ghost tower (don´t remember the real name) in Pokemon yellow, red and blue, with the ghosts, posessed towerkeepers and stuff...

4: The ghost hand in Majora´s mask. Yeah, you guessed right, that one in the toilet of the hotel. It just freaks me out. I mean, it´s a man, who fell into toilet through that extremely small hole and died there. His hand combined with the comment "Paapeeer... It´s just too much. Even his "Thank you is insanely scary...

Crystallion

Smash Ace
4: The ghost hand in Majora´s mask. Yeah, you guessed right, that one in the toilet of the hotel. It just freaks me out. I mean, it´s a man, who fell into toilet through that extremely small hole and died there. His hand combined with the comment "Paapeeer... It´s just too much. Even his "Thank you is insanely scary...
Um, he's dead? I thought it was just a regular guy who's just in an unfortunate situation. Where did you read that he was dead? Just curious.
I always thought it was one of the funnier moments in MM which you don't see often.

Sarijy

Smash Apprentice
I'd start with the ghost from the pokemon tower in red or blue. That unidentified ghost. It terrified me.
Some mario game for the original gameboys. The special moon level final boss, I could never beat him, I always had an issue with him and I got wicked anxious and couldn't beat him.
Redeads in wind waker were creepy, twilight princess weren't bad. The hand trying to grab the orb in twilight princess was bad.
I know portal wasn't nintendo, but there were a few moments I was weirded out.

Ravenholm was pretty bad to... I lost my sawblade... I lost my sawblade with so many headcrabs.... so many...

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
The mummy guy from majora's mask. When I first saw it I almost crapped myself.

Also WW redeads (self explanatory), large amounts of Mario 64, and Andross.
(this was back when I was younger).

§leepy God

Smash Master
most water levels in games creep me out big time >.<
I know what you mean, when I played Super Mario 3 and saw that big fish. O_o

But the most scary thing to me is still the Metroids from Metroid Prime, they even have they own evil them.... I'm glad they arn't real.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371

L 17

Smash Apprentice
I was really young when I first played ocarina of time and I couldn't even be in the same room when my dad was playing through jabu jabu's belly.

The idea of being inside of the organs of something is terrifying to me to this day.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Um, he's dead? I thought it was just a regular guy who's just in an unfortunate situation. Where did you read that he was dead? Just curious.
I always thought it was one of the funnier moments in MM which you don't see often.
I don´t even remember anymore, it´s been many years since I played that game last time. I might also just have assumed that he´s dead, since he only appears at night and so on...

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I have 2.
First, the freakin' Like-Likes in Melee. I literally had my friend beat that portion of Adventure because I would instantly pause once they ate me so I'd be zoomed in on them and their creepyness.
Second, in one of the DKC, the stupid puff-fish. They've always creeped me out.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Aw this thread is only for Nintendo games? There goes all the potential.

I guess the scariest thing I've seen in a Nintendo game would be seeing SA-X face to face for the first time and having to outrun it, either that or being cornered in a dark room by SA-X.

A_man13

Smash Master
A lot of stuff freaked me out with Nintendo:
-ReDeads in OoT and Wind Waker: First time I saw them I just wanted to hide under something. It was made worse by the fact that my brother wanted to see the "Elephant screamers."
-Chomping Piano in Mario64: I hid in the bathroom every time someone other than me played in that room.
-A lot of stuff in Twilight Princess: The ReDeads went away, but lots of stuff replaced it. I hated when the Fused shadows were explained by the final spirit, the transformation of Yeta, and the Sol hands.

...and probably a buch of other stuff that I don't want to reminess about (the cut scenes leading to Sunshine bosses when I was younger, Giygas, etc.)

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Oh man! I forgot something else I should've added to the list! It's a bit explicit, though...

Well, I was playing Turok: Evolution two years ago, and was doing a mission that I don't remember the name of, and I walked into a room, and I saw something that disgusted me and freaked me out. I saw innocent people trapped in prison cells by the Sleg Troops. These people were vomiting until they finally died, and then vanished. There were also blood stains in the cells. They had done nothing wrong, and there they were, just vomiting to death. Then I went into a tunnel or something in which these cells were above, and the dead bodies were staring down at me, while the puke was just dripping into the tunnel.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stopped playing for QUITE some time after that. Just freakin' evil...

XACE-K

Smash Master
Another thing I found creepy was that little girl in the Lost Woods for OoT. She wasn't scary but it was just that she appeared out of nowhere after the guy gives you the Cucoo.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Another thing I found creepy was that little girl in the Lost Woods for OoT. She wasn't scary but it was just that she appeared out of nowhere after the guy gives you the Cucoo.
Ah, I remember this one. Also, in addition to that, when Link went in the Lost Woods when he's adult, the Skull Kid becomes hostile. That always creeped me out since I had no idea at first what I should do and if I ran towards him, he's always disappear.

antimatter

Smash Lord
The SA-X. That mofo was invincible, and almost always knew where you were. The zombie researchers in Fusion as well, only because I couldn't stand any poor humans turned into such a hideous form by the parasites, and you couldn't even put what remained out of their misery. All of DK 64's bosses, but I was a wimp as a kid.

Its The Jinks

Smash Cadet
lol yea the Re-Deads in OOT was some creepy stuff, but for some reason the one thing that creep me out the most was in OOT when you go by the windmill or sumting(cant remember exactly) and the song of storms was playing. That song was a hunting masterpiece

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Kinda dumb, but when I was little, I was afraid of the giant puffer fish in a few water levels of Super Mario World (if anyone knows what I'm talking about).

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
resident evil games are creepy. you never know when something is going to pop out at you or something

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Left 4 dead is pretty scary too, since you can't memorize where zombies spawn or the stage's layout [both are random generated so you never play the same thing twice]. The fact that it's co op tones down how scary it is but when you enter a room and see 8 zombies rushing at you from all sides it messes with you.

Pef7

Smash Cadet
Well Eternal Darkness wasn't as scary as much as psychologically taxing. Great game none the less.

I think the atmosphere for Lost Kingdoms was kinda dark...which I guess could be scary.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
I didn't find anything really scary in mario 64, except for that piano, and the giant eel, and the chain chomp, and those ****ing eyeballs that just stare at you.

The thing that scared me the most out of any game, was the psycho sun thing from the desert level in mario bros. 3. I was about 6 years old when I first played through this level. When I first saw it go psycho, I screamed and turned of the NES.

In OOT of time, I found the forest temple really scary. Even scarier then the Shadow Temple or under the well. I always got lost (or couldn't find a key) in this temple. The twisted rooms and hallways just seemed so wrong. I felt a chill run through me when I first saw the shadow of the wallmaster appear. Everything ****ing scared me about that temple. When I first saw the floormaster I was thinking "WTF is that ?!" Even the floating skulls scared me.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprise that nobody said anything about Earthbound's scary stuff yet.Like the Mani Mani statues,that spooky tune that play when checking something that's odd,the zombies,or the almighty idiot himself Giygas.I've freaked out & turn my game off a few time on those last battles before being able to finish it.I was only ten back then,but man it still creeps me out now.Just not as bad as before.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
I have 4,

1: In Donkey Kong 64 there is a voice in this Aztec temple place in the Desert level that says in a real deep and raspy voice GET OUT! First I heard when I wuz 6 I ran out of the room screaming
2:The friggin doors on Metroid Prime 3 on that abandoned ship (forgot it's name) that have no air in them and then you hear a loud hiss! And this is traditionally worse after you
3: Open a door with a dead Pirate or Trooper corpse behind it and you hear that eerie noise! Ughhhhhh always scares me!

4:That in melee, if you have ur cursor on Bowser and the announcer says BOWSER! if you quickly change to Luigi The Announcer Will say LUIGI! but, if you listin closley there is a subliminal message in there and he calls you gay. Seriously, he says that look it up on youtube, type in Subliminal Message in Brawl and you'll hear him say it too! It just scares me that he's called MILLIONS gay and gotten away with it!

Top Bottom