• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creepy/Scary Things In Nintendo Games

Chibi-pika

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere in the desert, where cactus grow, and it
Lemme list some of the scary things of Nintendo

Nightmare Creatures-scared the crap out of me and brother when I was 5.

Banjo & Kazooie-The metal shark in the sewer water, I thought he would kill us all.

LoZ: Ocarina of TIme-The well and those evil master hands.

That's all I can remember.

Yaya

Smash Champion
In Super Mario Galaxy, when you touch Dark Matter, it obliterates you, you are erased from thew rold, you no long exist, not one part remains, you are GONE, GONE.

I milked that.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
OoT Forest Tempel:

Because:

First place where these ****ing hand that fall on ya how up.
Later on in the game I´m used to them but always the first ones freak me out.
And the music..
It sooo sucks.
It sounds like every second some dude could how up and stab you.
Always at the boss I'm like: "DIE SO I NEVER HAVE TO HERE THIS MUSIC AGAIN!!!"
Out of some reason, that tempel is much more scary than the shadow one.
And in wind waker a hate the redead so bad that I alway use something out of distanz to kill them, even light arrows, as long as I don´t have to here the ****ing scream.
In oot their okay, and in TP their cheap even though I don't want to fight 1000s of them...

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Yeah, Aparoid Pigma was pretty F'ed up.

I hear Giygas is one of the scariest bosses of all time. The videos don't seem that special, but it probably only works when you see it as a kid, so yeah.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
speaking of Mother 3, there's a bit of creepy things(not really scary, just creepy/disturbing) in that game.

There's that time when
Lucas and co. eat the strange mushrooms, which makes them hallucinate clones of the people from Tazumili, who say some pretty disturbing/creepy things when you talk to them. Particularly one of the Claus clones that tells you everyone you love is going to hurt you and throw stones at you.

and, while not necessarily scary,
The Absolutely Safe Capsule. I still have nightmares about the very thought of being put in one of those for all of eternity. Poor Porky.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Metal Shark from banjo kazooie, and a combination of the redeads/wallmasters from LoZ.

Can't think of anything else. I turned it around and started playing more games like Resident evil and Silent Hill and was totally desensitized to video game creepiness.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Zant is creepy. The way he fights is unreal. And then when he goes Pshyco( cries and wails) Is when it gets REALLY creepy.

And then the end. He just floats there and cracks his own neck...then Ganondorf dies

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I love Zant so much (not homosexually).

I thought he was almost as awesome as Ganondorf (pretty hard to be able to be that awesome)!

But I kind of agree with you.

Darkslash

Smash Master
What kind of guy grows 10X larger than Link then shrinks to the size of his lower leg when he gets hit in the foot. At least his battle music is good.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Me and my brother just went on a pretty sweet nostalgic tangent, because he's two years younger than me and we always took turns playing these games when we were little, and although he never played anything competitively he's always been my wingman in gaming, and here is what he says were his scarier memories.

-Redeads in future hyrule Castle Town
-Bottom of the well
-the chomping pianos from boos mansion in Super Mario 64

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
First time i played resident evil, i though i was so smart and turned aroudn to open the front door and leave, and you get attacked by the two zombie dogs, so i had no health and the rest of the beginning had be more tense than ever.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I also forgot one that I was scared to all hell by:

Ghost T. from Paper Mario: TTYD. I was freaked out the first time I went into that room, and out of nowhere, BLARG EVIL VAMPIRE GHOST TOAD APPEARS OUT OF THE BLUE.

I couldn't sleep for days D:

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I also forgot one that I was scared to all hell by:

Ghost T. from Paper Mario: TTYD. I was freaked out the first time I went into that room, and out of nowhere, BLARG EVIL VAMPIRE GHOST TOAD APPEARS OUT OF THE BLUE.

I couldn't sleep for days D:
Bonetail was pretty creepy, a huge skelaton dragon, which was scary, so was Gloomtail, but Hooktail wasn't scary, just big.

Red Hawk One

Smash Apprentice
We are currently not at liberty to divulge that in
The Marowak ghost in Pokemon creeped me out. First time in Lavender Town, I manage to get to it without running in to any other ghosts. I wasted 5 Pokeballs before I ran from the fight, then fought it 4 more times. The whole concept of a dead Pokemon just creeped me out (I was 7).

Add to it Lavender Town's creepy music, and I hate going there even today.

On a different note, the CREEPIEST thing Nintendo's created is Tingle, hands down. A 35-year old man who thinks he's a fairy and wants to play with little boys. :evil:*shudder*

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I was playing Paper Mario on the Virtual Console the other day, and yelled when Mario was sprung from a couch onto a chandelier. Yeah, I'm that lame. -.-;

The Zant hand-thing in Twilight Princess spooked the crap out of me. I hated that. *shivers*

I really hated when Link changed his masks in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The creepy scream, the close-up... Shows how brave I am. :******:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Metroid Prime. Mostly the place where you first use the xray visor. It's all dark when it's off, and when it's on everything's these white and black shapes. The game in general freaked me out.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Metroid Prime. Mostly the place where you first use the xray visor. It's all dark when it's off, and when it's on everything's these white and black shapes. The game in general freaked me out.
X-Ray Visor? Hm...come to think of it, I can't really remember where that was. Could you refresh my memory?

I still say the Space Pirate Labs take the cake in Prime 1.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
X-Ray Visor? Hm...come to think of it, I can't really remember where that was. Could you refresh my memory?

I still say the Space Pirate Labs take the cake in Prime 1.
That may have been the same place. I remember that I was fighting space pirates and metroids. THis was more than 5 years ago, so I can't remember too well. Maybe I got creeped out by it and not MP3 because of the age difference, but MP3 always seemed sorta brighter to me.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
The aparoid queen from Star Fox: Assault. After you beat her the first time there's this gaping hole and... *shudder*

Also, Metroid Prime 2 in general. Scariest game I've ever played. Hands down.

The monster piano in SM64 scared me when I was younger. Actually it still is sorta scary... It's so sudden... and loud.

And definitely in Super Paper Mario when Mario goes to "hell". Those scary white hands at the bottom of the river, and those weird voices, too... Pretty hardcore for a Mario game!

starwolf216

Smash Apprentice
in legend of zelda ocarina of time the re-deads would scare the crap out of me.so would the graveyard

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Sarcastic? You don't find it kind of creepy that an old man magically manages to show up from many miles away already knowing about events that took place not two minutes ago?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sarcastic? You don't find it kind of creepy that an old man magically manages to show up from many miles away already knowing about events that took place not two minutes ago?
I think you missed it but that works too I guess.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Lawl, good thing my friend told me about Samus's reflection in Metroid Prime, else I would've done the same thing he did....shut off the game immediately.

The chozo ghosts....
I didn't want to play that game for a little while.
I mean, it's all happy, then all of a sudden the door shuts, and the room goes dark.
Then they pop out of nowhere.
Plus, they took forever to kill.
And they still weren't dead.

For awhile, Phazon Mines freaked me out.
Omega Pirate didn't freak me out, but it made my whole body sorta back away from the tv.
I mean, Sheegoths were scary.
Sure it's just a game, but when you start playing for too long, you really feel like your trapped with a beast.
I HID from that thing in a little room in Phendrana Drifts.
I waited until it was gone, then made a run for it.

Oddly enough, Prime 2 wasn't scary, and the whole thing was dark.

Prime 3 was cool, not scary.

Other than that, nothing I can remember.

Oh, and that old house in Pokemon.
I muted the music because it was too creepy.
Even Giratina's scream isn't that scary.
Also, Lavender Tower.

At one time, Dark Samus kinda freaked me out.
Quadraxis did, but it was more of a...wow, it's so cool fear.
I saw him in a guide, and I saw Samus's size compared to it.
And the words ".......Good luck...." didn't help.
The second I got to Sanctuary Fortress, I was looking around literally EVERY corner for it.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Oh, and holy crap, nightmare.
I REALLY wanted to see what he looked like.
Anything that controls gravity is awesome.
And then I met him.

I drop down from nowhere (I was going after the bait, otherwise known as energy tank), and this room is filled with parts.
The 'before boss' music is playing.
It plays every time you're about to encounter a boss.
I was ready.
But then......
This freaky stitchfaced thing comes out of the ground and SHOOTS HIS LAZAHS!
Seriously, what freaked me out more was how much damage you took from touching him.
And the fact that I couldn't beat him scared me as well.
Crap, I didn't face him for weeks.

Top Bottom