• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating The Best Team - Possible? Let's Find Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Well this just sucks! I just realized that Haxsparce is no longer the uberest/haxiest thing in pokemon. Togekiss beats it in practically every single category. :( So the new greatest team is:

Togehax@leftovers X4
Calm: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SPA
ThunderWave
Airslash
Nasty Plot/Scheme
Roost/Substitute

And two other non-haxing, stupid pokemon to take out steel/rock/ground/dragon types. Discuss.

;_; Haxsparce was so much cuter.

Edit: Haxsparce now has Endeavor! There's still hope.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Titus - I planned on it being a Specs Mence, but if it's better as a Physical, converting his moveset won't be difficult. I have a better Special Sweeper in the form of Espeon anyway.

Thoughts on Umbreon? I might put it on my team.

titus

Smash Journeyman
This is my diamond team.

Gardevoir-Modest
EV: SpAtk-252 Spd-252 Hp-6
Psychic
T-bolt
Energyball
Wish

Swampert-Brave
EV: Atk-252 Hp-252 SpDef-6
Waterfall
Earthquake
HammerArm
Avalanche

PorygonZ-Modest
EV: SpAtk-252 Hp-252 Spd-6
TriAttack
T-bolt
IceBeam
Agility

Should i switch tbolt for shadow ball on my porygonz?

Skarmory-Careful
EV: Def-252 SpDef-252 Hp-6
BraveBird
Roost
Whirlwind
Spikes

Tyranitar-Adamant
EV: Atk-252 Spd-252 Hp-6
StoneEdge
Crunch
Earthquake
DragonDance

Weavile-Adamant
EV: Atk-252 Spd-252 Hp-6
IcePunch
NightSlash
BrickBreak
AerialAce

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Titus, you should lead with weavile, otherwise your gardy is going to get ***** by a lot of common leads, including other weavile. I would also use pursuit>aa on it, since it's basically auto-**** on stuff like gengar (watch for gar leads, though, since they usually carry a choice scarf and will outspeed you).

Don't bother with sb on pory. It has better type coverage as it is.

You'd probably be better off using something else over arm hammer, which is sorta redundant on pert. Something like stealth rock. Also, Surf is still better than its physical counterpart. Intimidate ruins it, and most pokemon you would use water attacks on pack a higher def than sdef (ie. skarm).

@drcossack: Don't change it. Specs mence completely ***** stuff. Although good ol' cb mence got a lot harder to counter thanks to dragon claw, which now 2HKOs most bulky waters (pert is 3HKOed only if it pumps hp and def, and cune is also 3HKOed).

Umbreon is setup fodder in dp. You'll bring it in, mean look as they switch to something that can probably kill you, and you'll be forced to switch out while they get a free turn.

titus

Smash Journeyman
@leafgreen386
lol. it's funny that you would say that i should switch aerial ace for pursuit, because i just finished breeding my sneasels today. and if i got a jolly sneasel would that help against gengar@choice scarf?
and i only put hammer arm on swampert bcuz i had no idea what else to put on it.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Oh, I ignored your post because you only listed pokemon and not movesets. No offense or anything, but just pokemon doesn't leave much to rate. Anyway, I'd drop either flygon or dragonite. Having both of those creates too much of an ice weak when you have no real special wall to take the hits (ludicolo can take on waters pretty well, but even it doesn't like taking repeated ice beam hits).

drcossack

Smash Ace
@drcossack: Don't change it. Specs mence completely ***** stuff. Although good ol' cb mence got a lot harder to counter thanks to dragon claw, which now 2HKOs most bulky waters (pert is 3HKOed only if it pumps hp and def, and cune is also 3HKOed).
I've got everything but Draco Meteor ready to be added. The only problem is I have 50 million Salamence. Breeding Hydro Pump will be easy enough, but getting good IV's will be a pain. I think I might've figured it out though.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I kinda dropped out of this topic a while ago, did anything ever come from making the 'best' RSE team possible?

I see people are talking D/P stuff now, which is good, since I'm back for this generation. =]

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I keep on changing my mind with my team I want. ANyways this is what Im thinking so far.

Infernape
Lucario
Cresselia
Rotom
Tangrowth/Leafeon (Cant decide >.<)
Electiwire/Staraptor/Honchrow/Floatzel ( Cant decide on those either) I'd add Palkia in there if he isnt banned.

I have Rotom as my disruptor pokemon, with good type coverage and moves like thunder wave and confuse ray.
I have Infernape as my Physical Sweeper.
I have Lucario as my Special Attack Sweeper with extreme speed for dealing against other sweepers.
I have Cresselia as my Special and Defensive Wall.

As for the others. Tangrowth could be my sleep powder and leech seeder, and defensive wall. Leafeon could be my defensive wall with a recovery move, synthesis + sunny day + leaf guard ability to fend off status changes.

Electiwire could be my utilty pokemon. With Thunderpunch/Thunderbolt and Ice punch covering most of all types, plus I can switch it in when someone will use an electric attack on it, so it will have no effect and increase his speed, for possible sweeping.

Staraptor could be my intimadator, to help me out against high attack pokemon. It can also cause major damage with brave bird and endeavor. and can use Roost to recover from brave birds recoil damage and attempt another intimidate switch.

Honchkrow is for pure attack power. With the ability Super luck which increases critical hits, plus scope lens, plus high critical attacks moves such as Night Slash. And it also has very high attack. It can break through Defensive Barriers with the very high ratio of critical hits which can help against Reflect, Curse, Barrier, Cosmic Power, Bulk up, etc.

And Floatzel could always get the first hit in combined with rain dance and swift swim, it would even be faster than the speed deoxy's. And Rain dance would increase its water moves to make it double as a sweeper.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
This is the a topic created for trying to create the best team possible. Stop posting your rate my teams in here.

hero uey

Smash Cadet
ok i want to ask if you could make a good multi team cause its alot more challaging than single cause at the start the 2 pokemon could be so good of a combo they could virtualy stop any team in their path i'm currently working up 4 single teams and 2 multi battle teams i have no lvl 100's yet but i found out that some newbs use blazacin and infernape who have 5 repeat 5 pokemon that can own them.

heh argue with me but i say this they are weak agance ground, rock, phy, water, and flying.

and don't argue with me that lucario sux cause he duesn't teach him phycic and he can pawn infernape and he is one of the fastest pokemon in the game only one other can learn extreamspeed and thats arcanine.

sorry had to point that stuff out first and i think you can teach lucario icebeam to get rid of ground type pokemon.

i curently working a good team so my team isn't ready sorry

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I know my Raikou and Flygon combo workes really well.
Raikou... Protect/Sub. Discharge. Calm Mind. Hidden Power (Ice).
Flygon... Sand Tomb/DragonClaw, U-turn, Earthquake, Stone Edge.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Working on my finalized party:
Charizard (only a Charmeleon)
Electovire (only an Electabuzz)
Kingdra (only a Seadra)
Lucario
Ludicolo (only a Lombre)
Dragonite (only a Dragonair)

Everyone's a level 33 so far because I'm playing Pkmn:BR and I need a steady level team. I'll repost when I get my whole team finalized with movesets.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Working on my finalized party:
Charizard (only a Charmeleon)
Electovire (only an Electabuzz)
Kingdra (only a Seadra)
Lucario
Ludicolo (only a Lombre)
Dragonite (only a Dragonair)

Everyone's a level 33 so far because I'm playing Pkmn:BR and I need a steady level team. I'll repost when I get my whole team finalized with movesets.
looks good so far

as for the doubles go, i always use swampert/zapdos as my starting

Spidermonkey2

Smash Rookie
My Team

Um Im new here. Well anyway I'm trying to form a "Monkey Team" so here they are:

Infernape/ Fist Plate:
Torment, Rock Smash, Close Combat, Taunt

Ambipom/ Life Orb:
Fake Out, Last Resort, Cut(getting rid of Cut)

Ambipom/ nothing yet(up for suggestions):
Double Hit, Baton Pass, Tickle, Screech

Slaking/ nothing yet(up for suggestions):
Slash, Yawn, Facade, Substitute

I AM REALL Y UP FOR SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!! I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!!!!!!! Seriously man help a brotha out!
Oh and does anyone have a Primeape or a real good Mankey? Thats all I need to complete my "Monkey Team"

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well first off, why do you have two Ambipoms? A monkey team isn't really a good idea...D.K. for the last one.(obliviously joking)

fluffy

Smash Champion
isnt having 2 of the same pokemon in your party banned or something? cuz then ppl would just make a team of wobuffets.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea, I didn't read his whole post. Don't worry I fixed it though.

And as for PBR... I'm not really sure. I mean it will be fun to play online with your friends, but it's kind of lacking a lot. I think it's more of a game for Pokekids. There's definitely not a lot going on to compare it well to Pokemon Stadium (1 and 2). Maybe you should rent it first, then tell me what you think.

Spidermonkey2

Smash Rookie
Im only using two Ambipoms for the in game story I only use one for baqttles against other players. geez. And I love my monkeys. and just so you know this is for D/P. I dont have a Wii. sorry.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay so its a rent...got it. They need to make another Pokemon Stadium bad. Stadium 2 went gold then they moved to Colleseum. Sad, they could've invested a lot.

hero uey

Smash Cadet
i like to say that my lucario could pawn an infernape and infernape has 2 advantiages. so having a monkey team would not repeat not be a good idea. thats y i use charzard for a fire type cause it has 3 disadvantiges that can be covered easly. also have 4 of my pokemon (not yet lvl 100) that is working for my 1st team

latios (hold n/a) levitate
icebeam
phy
drangondance
toxic

charzard (quickclaw) Blaze
flamethrower
sunnyday
bellydrum(comingsoon)
earthquake

lucario (shellbell) Unown ((willfix this later))
aurasphire
dragonpulse
darkpalse
phy

Riachu (what to give him) satic Female
thunderwave
thunderbolt
attraction
sweetkiss

what do u think of my build so far

oh and i am going to get an espeon and turn it into a specal sweeper
as the last one what do you think i should do (tryanitar will be in the next party)

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
yeah latios is banned.... and why would you teach latios dragondance... it does not even know any physical moves... for charizard belly drum sucks... and for raichu, well... raichu just aint that good! i would think about serious changes for your team, hero uey....

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It doesn't look like this topic is being used for the correct purpose. Here's a refresher, someone might say the perfect team should/could include one special wall, one hazer, etc.

Once they've picked out the six roles they think the perfect team should have they would fill them in with the pokemon best suited to those positions. Then make sure the team doesn't have any glaring weaknesses.

Seriously, stop with all of this " look at my team is it good". NO! You're crappy in-game team is not good and no one wants to see it. Next person to post something off topic get's an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom