• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating The Best Team - Possible? Let's Find Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Work in progress, as I need to figure out how these 6 can fit together. Edited to remove Latios.

Suicune @ Lefties
Pressure
Bold
Calm Mind
Roar
Ice Beam
Surf
252 HP/130 Def/128 Sp. Def

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Intimidate
Modest
Flamethrower
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
252 Sp Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Ninjask @ Lefties
Speed Boost
Jolly
Swords Dance
Substitute
Baton Pass
X-Scissor
252 Speed/252 HP/6 Atk

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Guts
Adamant
Night Slash
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Megahorn
104 HP/252 Atk/152 Speed

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant
Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Rock Slide
60 HP/252 Atk/196 Speed

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Blaze
Modest
Flamethrower
Air Slash
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
6 Def/252 Sp Atk/252 Spd

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It doesn't look like this topic is being used for the correct purpose. Here's a refresher, someone might say the perfect team should/could include one special wall, one hazer, etc.
I cant say I'm all to good at pokemon, but I sure know enough to realize hazing, in general, sucks! When are you ever going to use haze anyway? Against a Dragon Dancing Tyranitar? Well by the time he's already got off one dragon dance, he'll be faster than you, and he'll be able to kill you in one hit before you can even get that haze off. The only good thing hazers are for is disabling slow, defensive pokemon like Curselax.

The best defense is a good Thunderwave. Think of that. :p

drcossack

Smash Ace
The first post dictates that ubers are not allowed in creating the best team.
Suicune and Latios aren't technically ubers; I'd give the nod to a Dew'd Latios, but not Suicune in D/P. Mirror Coat isn't a catch-all like it was in 3rd Gen, and this isn't a Coatcune. He'd tank an Electric type for a while, but he certainly wouldn't be killing them.

There's also one other problem with my team - Item Clause. It basically handcuffs me into using those two. Without it, I've got more options - my DS is charging, so I can't get the EV's/Nature/Movesets for the rest of the Pokemon I've trained.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
@commonyoshi, it's really more of a hypothetical statement.

@fluffy, the best team probably would feature Blissey. It doesn't have to but it probably would. RMT's is another story.

@dr, I wasn't saying Suicune was an uber. I was saying the first post said 'no ubers'. Latios is for sure an uber with that sould dew which you have him holding. Again RMT=/=this topic.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Fair enough.

It was late when I made that, and I just picked the first 6 Battle-Tower eligible Pokemon in my box. :laugh:

I'll go back through and remove him in a sec.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It was only on Latios/Latias if you caught them via Nintendo Event. The ones you catch running wild all over Hoenn dont have it.

But, erm. I think every team should have Thunderwave AND Spore or Sleep Powder AND Wil-o-wisp.

fluffy

Smash Champion
alright so i gave a little more thought on this "creating the best team" thing. this is what i came up with.

1.) the team needs blissey. blissey is the best cleric/healer out there with a ridiculous amount of HP.
2.) the team needs at least 1 dragon. dragons in general have higher stats than most pokemon. you can't have too many dragons because ice attacks will **** and destroy them. and people tend to use a lot of ice attacks just for them.
3.) the team needs at least 1 flying pokemon. this is to counter earthquake and other ground moves. a flying/dragon pokemon would work fine.
4.) the team needs at least 1 ground pokemon. this is to counter electric attacks. a ground/dragon pokemon would work fine.
5.) the team needs at least 1 supporter. by that, i mean a pokemon with either rapid spin/stealth rock/you get what i mean.
6.) a tank is needed. something that is able to take multiple hits while giving back a lot more. something like tyranitar, snorlax, but not blissey. and wobbuffet i believe....is banned.
7.) slowbro is needed. just because slowbro is cute. haha. dont worry, slowbro has good stats.
8.) the team should have a sweeper with an eclectic moveset. something with multiple types of attacks. porygon z can learn a lot, as well as gengar or alakazam.

so the team can look like this:
>blissey
>skarmory
>garchomp
>tyranitar
>slowbro
>electivire

i put electivire so that if they were to thundershock my skarmory or slowbro, i can switch in electivire to double it's speed to make it an efficient sweeper. the only problem i see with this team...is that i have only 1 special attacker. which is the cute slowbro. any comments?

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
There are a few dragon pokemon that use alot of different types of moves, particularly Garchomp, Slamence (if not banned), and Dragonite (if not banned)

I would say Dragonite uses the most types and could be the best sweeper. Salamance is 2nd option

Dragonite and Salamence are good Flying types

Garchomp is a good Ground type but all 3 can know Earthquake

Dragonite could be a possible tank. Compared to Tyranitar, it has more Special Attack and Speed, pretty even Attack and Special Defense, but less Defense and HP. Garchomp is your second option but is only faster than Tyranitar. Salamence isn't recommended because it has low defense and Sp. Def

In the end your dragon type can kinda be used as backup for some of the other things

M.K

Level 55
Which of these Elekid's should I use for my future Electivire....I'm REALLY torn :ohwell:

Naughty Elekid
(EV SPREAD)
HP: 4
Attack: 15
Defense: 28
S. Attack: 15
S. Defense: 15
Speed: 20

Adamant Elekid
(EV SPREAD)
HP: 31
Attack: 15
Defense: 12
S. Attack: 15
S. Defense: 15
Speed: 4

I really need someone's help. Which of these is better for me to train?

fluffy

Smash Champion
i dont understand meta-kirby....

are those the IVs of your pokemon? take the adamant one.

M.K

Level 55
They are the IV's, sorry, I totally messed up the E and I

**** alphabet.

Are you sure, because the Naughty one's IV's seem much better...

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
None of them is that great, really. You should probably breed yourself a new Elekid.

M.K

Level 55
*sigh* After 45 Elekids, I just can't do it anymore :(..

It IS alot of work to get a perfect one, but....the Naughty one seems all right...I'll take it and see how it rolls.

Tallgeese*

Smash Cadet
Ultimate team impossible

The "ultimate" team will never be possible....here's why.

If any of you play NetBattle, do you remember when the "ultimate" stall team was extremely popular? Zapdos/Claydol/Dusclops/Skarm/Bliss/Suicune.
It was considered the "ultimate team" and trainers had trouble with it, so....TyraniBoah was invented, which basically countered that entire team. Where as a Tyranitar with Thunderbolt/Crunch had never been used before competitively, it now became popular as a way to counter that specific team, much in the way that HP Grass has become popular on electric pokemon recently over HP Ice so that they can hold their own against Swampert, which has become terribly OU.

Whenever an "ultimate team" is created, the metagame will change to counter that ultimate team. Because of this, such a team can never exist in the OU metagame.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Well then why don't you at least try to make an ultimate team and share it only with this site. That way, when it's released to the world we'll see if he have created something that changed the metagame or not.

that ultimate stall steam became ultimate because people were so pissed off at it. It did it's time so why not create another.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why create a stall team to piss people off, I'd rather create a team of uber(not legend you know what I mean) pokemon that win everytime in the first few turns and have them say "WTF!!!!!!!!!! What the hell was that?" my team hasen't lost yet so maybe it's good

D

Deleted member

I found the best starter in ubers-

latios @ soul dew
modest, 252 speed 252 spe att 4 HP
dragon pulse
grassknot
shadowball
momento

modest latios grass knot w/ soul dew OHKOs BOTH kyogre (5/6th of the time) and groudon (always) and outspeeds them both as well. latios also survive kyogre's ice beam handily, assuming it has a choice scarf and somehow outruns him.

after latios KOs 1 thing, hopefully groudon or kyogre, and very possibly mewtwo w/ shadowball, he can momento and give you a free calm mind on your next switch, most likely on your own kyogre. For this, I prefer timid kyogre, max speed and special attack, CM surf thunder rest w/ chesto berry. The rest and chesto combo usually allows me an extra CM, so I have 2.

of course, after kyogre, with the rain still out, I use modest CS palkia >_>

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
I hear you. I just can't seem to find an Elekid holding that thing that evolves him into an Electivire. I've caught a total of 63... I've pretty much given up on it all together.
If this hasn't already been answered, use a Nincada w/ Compound Eyes. That took me around 20 tries to get an Electrizer-doohickey.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
no it wouldn't since you now have a 8x weakeness to ice
It just means that you would have 2 pokemon with 4x weakness to ice. As long as you can predict when Ice beam is going to hit you can switch out to a special tank. Blissey etc.
And after one DD or SD, the only thing you MAY have to worry about is a Froslass in terms of speed. But I've seen Salamences OHKO Froslasses as well. Just predict the ice (and in Mences case maybe stone edge) and they'll take care of themselves.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's still not a smart idea

what about a scarfed starmie with ice beam, or a scarfed porygon-z with ice beam

while uncommon, they will still reck at 2 great pokes on your team

just wondering, why isn't spiritomb OU, i mean, 120 base defenses and NO weaknesses

fluffy

Smash Champion
well spiritomb has really low hp, and im pretty sure base of 108 defense. it has painsplit though.

if you get a jolly garchomp, max its speed, and attach choice scarf, it can outrun most starmies unless youre unlucky to meet someone with timid, max speed, choice scarf. which is almost never. while garchomp acts as a physical sweeper, salamence can hav choice specs or be a mixed sweeper. salamence just has too good stats and intimidate. together, they can kick some butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom