• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating The Best Team - Possible? Let's Find Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That and Salamence has 1. Intimidate which you mentioned 2. Immunity to EQ and 3. Resistance to Fighting.

And Garchomp plus a Tyranitar can turn the whole match around.

fluffy

Smash Champion
so its official that a team needs
>garchomp
>salamence
>tyranitar (debated uber on smogon. works well with garchomp)
>blissey (chill says she's the best)

to be ultimate. that leaves it down to 2! i think that forretress or skamory is needed. skarmory almost never fails but a macho braced forretress can do a lot of damage using gyro ball.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Skarmory is pretty annoying, I know alot of people hate to fight one. And Roost ...omg. Hey lets give all flyers a recovery move so that flying tanks can live a long time. It's very vexing. And you'd probably want a special sweeper or someat. Gengar....Alakazam....PorygonZ...or...lvl 1 Rattata. =w=

fluffy

Smash Champion
so most likely skarmory. even though i know that many people use mixed electivire to deal with skarmory and blissey.
for a special sweeper....something with bolt/beam? starmie, jolteon, zapdos, gengar, porygonz, are all nice options. i think alakazam just lost it all.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
with ttar, you could run ryheperior

for special sweeper, either starmie, gengar or porygonz, they are the only 3 OUs that you listed

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
how about a Togekiss? no one ever mentions them, but they have brilliant defenses, a sAtk that works for a sweeper, and decent speed. I have one with nasty plot, flamethrower, aura sphere and air slash. Air slash + serene grace means 60% flinch chance!

fluffy

Smash Champion
togekiss is ite.
i personally prefer yanmega @ life orb
protect
HP ice or ground
bug buzz
air slash

protect detets opponent's moves, and after a protect, speed boost kicks in. allowing yanmega to outrace any pokemon that isnt ninjask. And with 2 powerful STAB moves plus 1 of the 2 HPs, yanmega can outrace and cover many types. but i doubt people would like yanmega in the "ultimate" team.

so whos the special sweeper. (if we need it?)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I didn't say it was mandatory. It's just there is no better Special Wall than Blissey. Garchomp? Salamence? Tyranitar and Yanmega or Togekiss? Ice weak anyone. The best team wouldn't have such a compounded weakness. I can see maybe two but 4?

Here's a way to start narrowing it down. One, we'll use Blissey just because she's the best.

Two, pick who you think the best starter is. That would narrow our team down a bit.

fluffy

Smash Champion
tyranitar isnt weak to ice. idk if you worded it wrong.

best starter would probably be a skarmory. and skarm/bliss works well. so thats 2.

i also think that tyranitar needs a place in the best team no matter what. and with tyranitar comes garchomp...because they make a great couple just like skarmory and blissey.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Something with bolt beam would be a great starter. As long as it's fast enough.
Starmie is a fast BoltBeamer.

@ Anyone

I've been lurking around here, and I'd like to know, what is this thread for? If it's something I excell at, you can expect to see many posts of mine on here.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Well, I guess the title doesn't give it away. We/they/it are trying to create the best Pokemon team you possibly can. Obviously not unbeatable but the best team possible..That should clear it out for you.;)

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
interesting point about the yanmega, and I agree, if garchomp and salamence are in, another ice weak is probably too many. Starmie is a brilliant special sweeper, and has an awesome ability to boot (natural cure). My vote goes to starmie.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
..Well, I guess the title doesn't give it away. We/they/it are trying to create the best Pokemon team you possibly can. Obviously not unbeatable but the best team possible..That should clear it out for you.;)
Okiedokie. Once things get going, I'll start posting on here.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Well, in my perspective, to create the best team possible would to have a theme. Let's use Sandstorm.
To have Sandstorm, you more than likely use a Sandstreamer.

Tyranitar/Hippowdon.

First, a physical sweep.

Garchomp/Mamoswine/Rhyperior.

Then have a physical wall/tank that works with your theme.

Gliscor/Skarmory/Rhyperior/Bronzong/Forretress.

Also, it needs a great lead pokemon.

Yanmega/Weavile/Tyranitar.

At least one special/mixed sweeper would be needed.

Lucario/Heatran.

Don't forget a special wall/tank.

Bronzong/Blissey.

And maybe a spiker/rocker.

Donphan/Skarmory/Forretress.

AND a Spinner.

Donphan/Claydol/Forretress.

Then anything else you can think of.

Jirachi (Wishpasser)
Gliscor(as a Baton Passer)

And there you go.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..The only problem with that is, we know that we need it balanced but we keep giving suggestions like Blissey, Rhyperior, etc..I am sure someone out there already has the team we have been thinking of. The only thing we are doing is putting together commonly used Pokemon and making a team. It wouldn't really take that long to figure out a counter for it if you think about it. Obviously we are just tryin and I know we can't have a real "ultimate team" but I think you get what I am saying.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Well, in my perspective, to create the best team possible would to have a theme. Let's use Sandstorm.
To have Sandstorm, you more than likely use a Sandstreamer.

Tyranitar/Hippowdon.

First, a physical sweep.

Garchomp/Mamoswine/Rhyperior.

Then have a physical wall/tank that works with your theme.

Gliscor/Skarmory/Rhyperior/Bronzong/Forretress.

Also, it needs a great lead pokemon.

Yanmega/Weavile/Tyranitar.

At least one special/mixed sweeper would be needed.

Lucario/Heatran.

Don't forget a special wall/tank.

Bronzong/Blissey.

And maybe a spiker/rocker.

Donphan/Skarmory/Forretress.

AND a Spinner.

Donphan/Claydol/Forretress.

Then anything else you can think of.

Jirachi (Wishpasser)
Gliscor(as a Baton Passer)

And there you go.
The Sandstreamers themself can also be in a category. Tyranitar is a physical sweeper, while Hippowdon is a physical wall.

Also, making a team full of Pokemon immune to Sandstorm is hard because the types that are immune share weaknesses. Rock and Ground are weak to Water and Grass. Rock and Steel are weak to Fighting and Ground. The Sandstorm team I made had 3 Pokemon immune to Sandstorm while the other three kinda tried to quickly attack before the Sandstorm damage was too much. I had Tyranitar, Rhyperior, and Forretress. The Pokemon not immune were SpecsMence, ScarfGar and CMBliss. (Even Blissey tried to kill before killed)

Someone check out my trainer card in my sig. I think I have a good balanced team set up.
I don't see a trainer card.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..You should just make a RMT thread Dyce. It would be much better for your tips or whatnot..I'll PM you for what I think though.;)

[Edit]..You have not TC. I even looked at your profizzle..nothing there.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
..You should just make a RMT thread Dyce. It would be much better for your tips or whatnot..I'll PM you for what I think though.;)

[Edit]..You have not TC. I even looked at your profizzle..nothing there.
Yeah, Dyce. If you make a RMT, the almighty Wii4Mii will rate it.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
What's this RMT I've been hearing so much about?

EDIT:
And my team is Charizard, Lucario, Electivire, Kingdra, Cradilly, and Dragonite.
Rate My Team. You make a thread at the Poke Center with your Pokemon and their movesets, etc, and then wii rate it and tell you what wii think and point out any glaring weaknesses.

From what I see, your team has a DDing Tyranitar weakness.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
DDing? I'm not that heavy on the hardcore pokemon scene, I'm more of a Smash maniac myself. You people need to explain the complicated terms and abbreviations for me.

Dyce is n00b.
DD stands for Dragon Dance, a supportive move. It raises the Attack and Speed of a Pokemon so they can sweep. Common DDers are Tyranitar, Gyarados, Dragonite and Salamence.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I've got a Dragonite. Trust me, I'm a Pokemon Master, I can handle it. Lol.

Okay, maybe I really can't.

EDIT:
And Dragonite is pretty tank right? I think I can handle a DD Tyranitar. I'll post my pokemen and women's moves when I ever decide to get back into it again and pick up my DS.

fluffy

Smash Champion
alright. but tell me when we are to have an epic battle haha.

and tyranitar is needed for the perfect team.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I've got a Dragonite. Trust me, I'm a Pokemon Master, I can handle it. Lol.

Okay, maybe I really can't.

EDIT:
And Dragonite is pretty tank right? I think I can handle a DD Tyranitar. I'll post my pokemen and women's moves when I ever decide to get back into it again and pick up my DS.
Dragonite isn't really that bulky. It can get KOed by Tyranitar's Stone Edge.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I would, but my party isn't even all fully evolved or leveled yet. I don't have my moves or anything. I need a bit of time to get my team up to where I want them to be. I guess everyone around lvl60 at least?
I thought you can boost them to 100 online.

alright. but tell me when we are to have an epic battle haha.

and tyranitar is needed for the perfect team.
Again, I thought you can boost them to 100?

And yes T.Tar is needed..I found a video of him sweeping a whole Uber team.

Dragonite isn't really that bulky. It can get KOed by Tyranitar's Stone Edge.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
I've OHKO'd my friends Dragonite with my Torterra's Stone edge.;)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Yeah that is what I was asking. If that is true, why is Dyce gonna train to level 60+ for all his Pokemon? He can easily teach them moves before that.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I thought you can boost them to 100 online.

Again, I thought you can boost them to 100?

And yes T.Tar is needed..I found a video of him sweeping a whole Uber team.

I've OHKO'd my friends Dragonite with my Torterra's Stone edge.;)
Remember, he got passed 2 Swords Dance, 4 Speed Boosts and a Substitute from Ninjask. ;)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
Wow

last time I was here was at least a couple years ago and I insisted that it was impossible to create an "ultimate team" of any kind

and I am here, once again, to say that it is not only impossible to create an ultimate team, but "even more impossible" with the advent of Diamond/Pearl.

There are so many threats to consider, and so many more items, moves and abilities that create so many more options. I could create a team that came as close as possible to being unstoppable in the current metagame, and a week or two later I would already be having trouble continuing to consistently rack up victories. In a matter of like two days, Walrein went from "meh lapras" to a common threat. And, in a few more days, you can expect that it will be replaced by something else as it "goes out of style" or is simply replaced by something better.

It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom