• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating The Best Team - Possible? Let's Find Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffy

Smash Champion
alright forget the past 2 minutes of our lives.

it's definately possible to make the team with the least flaws and weaknesses. most people will continue using their OU pokes and the same movesets and will not breed new ones just to counter this team.

D

Deleted member

I've updated my latios again, I think this is it:

Latios @ soul dew
Timid, 252 speed, 252 spe att, 4 HP
dragonpulse
grass knot
draco meteor
momento

focusing on using him as a starter, latios OHKOs groudon, mewtwo, palkia, and other latios at least, and has a shot at OHKOing kyogre, but you can take a hit and 2HKO him anyway.

beware CS kyogre leads.

since he's going to kill himself, the loss of spe atta from draco meteor isn't much of a hindrance.

momento passing to DD rayquaza CM kyogre CM/taunt mewtwo is suggested. Against a wall of any kind, taunt mewtwo is ALWAYS the best option. Always. take that, blissey/deoxys L.

so far my ubers team consists of latios kyogre mewtwo rayquaza and palkia. I need a good 6th guy.

this guy is made of win.

ss118

Smash Master
as the 6th guy, you need some kind of wall(sorry if you get tired of hearing that).
Special is covered, it seems, but possibly a Giratina, Lugia, or even a Defensive Metagross?
It's one of the few things I see on n00ber teams use SR. Which is great for hindering Flying n00bers, along with the(recently popular) shedinja

fluffy

Smash Champion
i vote for slowbro as a defensive wall. it has high hp and an even higher defense. mine has 2 stab moves slack off and calm mind. slowbro cant die lol

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
i vote for slowbro as a defensive wall. it has high hp and an even higher defense. mine has 2 stab moves slack off and calm mind. slowbro cant die lol
1) Slowbro's weakness to Thunderpunch, Megahorn and Crunch / Night Slash / Pursuit limit it's physical walling ability.

2) If Slowbro's Calm Minding goes too far, people could just Phaze.

I have to agree Slowbro is a good wall.

lol fluffy is biased towards Slowbro.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

fluffy

Smash Champion
ive used slowbro a lot. thunderpunch, megahorn, crunch, night slash, pursuit, etc deals usually less than half if slowbro has max def. you can get a calm mind in before a slack off most of the time. super effective critical hits are the only problem.

what i usually do is take a hit. use calm mind. next turn they would hit again, use slack off. then just repeat with the slack offs. eventually slowbro would gain more hp every turn. the enemy should then give up. close combats and scarfed pokes especially. slowbro is really good dude. its 1st on the smogon tier list for OU.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
ive used slowbro a lot. thunderpunch, megahorn, crunch, night slash, pursuit, etc deals usually less than half if slowbro has max def. you can get a calm mind in before a slack off most of the time. super effective critical hits are the only problem.

what i usually do is take a hit. use calm mind. next turn they would hit again, use slack off. then just repeat with the slack offs. eventually slowbro would gain more hp every turn. the enemy should then give up. close combats and scarfed pokes especially. slowbro is really good dude. its 1st on the smogon tier list for OU.
Maybe it's first on the tier list because it's the first OU Pokemon when you consider National Pokedex numbers.

I'm not saying those attacks murder Slowbro. I know Slowbro won't be OHKOed. I'm saying they ruin his physical walling ability because he takes more than usual damage (Super Effective) from common physical attacks.

I like Slowbro, too. It'd be cool if he got an evolution called Slowdude.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
..Yeah that is what I was asking. If that is true, why is Dyce gonna train to level 60+ for all his Pokemon? He can easily teach them moves before that.
That's the thing, I don't have any moves that I want. Nor do I have the Elektivire, Kingdra, or Dragonite that I want.

Also, since no one likes my Dragonite, what other Dragon type would you pokemon masters recommend for me?

Remember, my team consists of:
Charizard
Elektivire
Kingdra
Lucario
Dragonite
Cradilly (also subject to change for a more worthy grass type)

fluffy

Smash Champion
yo dyce when we gonna play lol

my fav dragon is garchomp. try using her

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
That's the thing, I don't have any moves that I want. Nor do I have the Elektivire, Kingdra, or Dragonite that I want.

Also, since no one likes my Dragonite, what other Dragon type would you pokemon masters recommend for me?

Remember, my team consists of:
Charizard
Elektivire
Kingdra
Lucario
Dragonite
Cradilly (also subject to change for a more worthy grass type)
Garchomp can KO the ones in bold easily. Jolly Garchomp would also outspeed your whole team except for a Motor Drived Electivire, Swift Swimed Kingdra or Dragon Danced Dragonite

May I suggest Choice Scarf Garchomp?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

IC3R

Smash Lord
Cradily can actually make a decent wall, God knows it has nice defenses...It just has to be set up right, and that could take me a while to contemplate...:ohwell:

I suggest you find a Grass-type that you like, and just go from there.
Some of my personal faves include:

Shiftry - Decent Speed and Special/Attack, and pretty cool-lookin'...
Cacturne - Total pwnage when it hits
Sceptile - Faster than GARCHOMP!!!!! and good Special Stats

Just tell which Grass critter you like the best, and I can probably come up with somethingreal good for it...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The idea of a fast Sceptile intrigues me.

But I would like for my grass type to have a good defense against its opposing elements. What move(s) could I give a Sceptile that will keep me just satisfied?

And if my Cradilly really is a very good wall like you say... then maybe I'll keep her! :)

IC3R

Smash Lord
Alrighty, you have plenty of options with your newly acquired Sceptile...

It can easily be a Sweeper, both physical and special.
It can also be an Demigod Staller (a near-immortal Staller)

1. Sweeping Sceptile : Strategy - Pull off Critical Hits like a crazy son-of-a-monkey
@ Scope Lens (Increases Critical Hit ratio)

Bashful Nature (+0,-0)
EV - Att 152, SpAt 100, Spd 252 (So it's Uber-fast, and its Att and SpAt are about equal)

Leaf Blade - Grass - PW 90 - AC 100 - PP 15 (STAB, good CH ratio, Signature Move:grin:)
Rock Slide - Rock - PW 75 - AC 90 - PP10 (Hits both foes and takes care of Scepy's weakness to Bug, Flying and Fire)
Dragon Pulse - P 90 - AC 100 - PP 10(I usually teach ThunderPunch, but something happened to it:confused:)
Night Slash (More CHs = More Pwnage)

1. Substitute Sceptile : Strategy - Live for a LOOOOOONG period of time :p
@ Leftovers (Restores 1/16 Max HP every turn)
OR Big Root (Increases the damage of Draining attacks)

Bold Nature (+Def,-Att)
EV - HP 6, Def 252, SpDf 252 (Already has decent HP, just needed higher Sp/Def)

Giga/Mega Drain - Grass - PW 60/40 - AC 100/100 - PP 10/15 (STAB, absorbs HP)
Leech Seed (EGG)- Grass - PW 0 - AC 90 - PP 10 (Absorbs HP every turn)
Substitute - Normal - PW 0 - AC AW - PP 10 (Absorbs damage for Sceptile)
Toxic - Poison - PW 0 - AC 85 - PP 10 (Slowly devours the foe from the inside-out, also increases HP absorbed by attacks:chuckle:)

Anyone is welcome to revise these two Sceptiles if you feel something should be changed, but keep in mind that there is no such thing as the Perfect Pokemon...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Don't use a Bashful nature. Use Hasty.

Cradily works best as a Special Wall in Sandstorm, where it can shrug off even SpecsMence Draco Meteors.

Cradily is also a good wall thanks to Stockpile, Amnesia, Barrier and Recover. Suction Cups prevents it from being switched out by Roar, etc., So you can just stat-up away and not be phazed. I don't recommend having all four on it, though, as you'd have no attack move and that Cradily would works best as a staller with Sandstorm out and the opponent Toxiced.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Dusknoir beats SubSeed Sceptile easily. Its horrid HP renders Sceptile's own HP recovery minimal and Pressure Stall + Fire/Ice Punch ruin any subseeder. Subseed needs at least enough speed to beat +Spd base 115s. Max speed if you want a chance against Dugtrio.

Basically to beat Espeon/Gengar/Jumpluff:

248 Def / 84 SDef / 176 Spd

Otherwise:

208 Def / 44 SDef / 252 Spd

IC3R

Smash Lord
Let's see, yeah Dusknoir does have crap HP, yet good Def and SpDf. Fire Punch, Ice Punch/Beam would easily kick SubSeed Sceptile's butt...I just threw it out there, I said it was an option. Sceptiles do function better as Sweepers. I'm looking over Cradily now...

So, it's something like this:

Sandstorm Staller Cradily: Strategy - Chip off oppenents HP little by little, until it falls
@ Leftovers (Restores 1/16 HP every turn)
OR BrightPowder (Lowers foe's Accuracy slighty)

Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)
EV - HP 6, Def 252, SpDf 252 (MASSIVE defenses)

Toxic - Poison - PW 0 - AC 85 - PP 10 (Slowly devours the foe from the inside-out)
Sandstorm - Rock - PW 0 - AC AW - PP 10 (Damages non-Ground, Rock, and Steel Pokemon)
Amnesia - Psychic - PW 0 - AC AW - PP 30 (Raises SpDf two levels)
Barrier - Psychic - PW 0 - AC AW - PP 30 (Raises Def two levels)

The only thing that bothers me about this Cradily is that it can be shut down by any Steel type Pokemon, which there's, like, a billion of, and EVERYONE has at least one. With Suction Cups, it can't be switched out, I think...This is what I see comin':

SCENARIO:
Go, Cradily!
Go, Empoleon!
Cradily says "Oh ****, a Steel type! There goes my plan!":urg:
Empoleon uses ICE BEAM! Bzzzzhooooomm!
Cradily decides to take it and get it over with, because it can't survive this onslaught!:ohwell:

That's my Empoleon, by the way.:chuckle:

So, Dyce: Just stick with the Sceptile Sweeper, no one's bagged on it yet, except someone wants to lower it's already-crappy Defense. WTF?
Find something you like, work with it to the best of your ability. Works for me every time. ;)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Let's see, yeah Dusknoir does have crap HP, yet good Def and SpDf. Fire Punch, Ice Punch/Beam would easily kick SubSeed Sceptile's butt...I just threw it out there, I said it was an option. Sceptiles do function better as Sweepers. I'm looking over Cradily now...

So, it's something like this:

Sandstorm Staller Cradily: Strategy - Chip off oppenents HP little by little, until it falls
@ Leftovers (Restores 1/16 HP every turn)
OR BrightPowder (Lowers foe's Accuracy slighty)

Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)
EV - HP 6, Def 252, SpDf 252 (MASSIVE defenses)

Toxic - Poison - PW 0 - AC 85 - PP 10 (Slowly devours the foe from the inside-out)
Sandstorm - Rock - PW 0 - AC AW - PP 10 (Damages non-Ground, Rock, and Steel Pokemon)
Amnesia - Psychic - PW 0 - AC AW - PP 30 (Raises SpDf two levels)
Barrier - Psychic - PW 0 - AC AW - PP 30 (Raises Def two levels)

The only thing that bothers me about this Cradily is that it can be shut down by any Steel type Pokemon, which there's, like, a billion of, and EVERYONE has at least one. With Suction Cups, it can't be switched out, I think...This is what I see comin':

SCENARIO:
Go, Cradily!
Go, Empoleon!
Cradily says "Oh ****, a Steel type! There goes my plan!":urg:
Empoleon uses ICE BEAM! Bzzzzhooooomm!
Cradily decides to take it and get it over with, because it can't survive this onslaught!:ohwell:

That's my Empoleon, by the way.:chuckle:

So, Dyce: Just stick with the Sceptile Sweeper, no one's bagged on it yet, except someone wants to lower it's already-crappy Defense. WTF?
Find something you like, work with it to the best of your ability. Works for me every time. ;)
If you're using Cradily as a staller, then you should already have an infinite Sandstorm out from Tyranitar or Hippowdon. Because the Sandstorm boosts Cradily's Special Defense, you can envest some EVs from SpDef to HP. You also don't need Sandstorm taking up a moveslot, so you could go with Earthquake to hit the Steels.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
And I have a few questions about EVing while it's just been brought up:

To EV, you just need to constantly and repeatedly kill pokemon that have the excel in the specific stat that you want boosted?

And if you're EVing one stat, and something else comes along with a different EV stat and you kill it (by accident), does that screw everything up?

And do I EV until my pokemon's level raises or until I kill enough of one type of pokemon and then it doesn't matter what I kill?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
And I have a few questions about EVing while it's just been brought up:

To EV, you just need to constantly and repeatedly kill pokemon that have the excel in the specific stat that you want boosted?

Yes. You kill a Starly, you get 1 Speed EV.

And if you're EVing one stat, and something else comes along with a different EV stat and you kill it (by accident), does that screw everything up?

Not necessarily. There are berries that take away EVs in a stat. Poeple use it if they make a mistake like that.

And do I EV until my pokemon's level raises or until I kill enough of one type of pokemon and then it doesn't matter what I kill?

You EVs train in a certain stat until you've reached your destinated EV count. Then you can move onto another stat to EV train.
Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Thanks for that. But now I have another question:

When will I know I've reached my destinated EV count?
You keep count of the EVs you obtain, preferably with the Counter app on your Poketch.

Once your EV count for a stat hits 255, EVs won't be counted anymore.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Alright, last question I promise, then I'm off to training:

So for every pokemon that gives 1EV, I input +1 on my counter; for every pokemon that gives 2EVs, I input +2 on my counter; and for every pokemon that gives me the wrong EV, I input either -1 or -2 correspondingly?
Lets say Staravia gives 1 EV in Attack and Speed.

You are Speed EV training your Tyranitar and when you're done, you're going to start Attack EV training it.

You are facing many Starlys and killing them, adding 1 to the counter app each time.

When you face a Staravia and kill it, you get 1 EV in Speed and Attack. Just continue Speed training, and when you're done, start Attack EV raining. But first, use the berry that lowers Attack so you know how many EVs inAttack you have.

Was that what you were looking for?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I guess that's my fault, then. :(

Alright, last question I promise, then I'm off to training:

So for every pokemon that gives 1EV, I input +1 on my counter; for every pokemon that gives 2EVs, I input +2 on my counter; and for every pokemon that gives me the wrong EV, I input either -1 or -2 correspondingly?
First of all, there is no - button on the app. But, for any Pokemon that gives you, say, Special Defense EVs, leave the counter untouched, because you're Speed training. Then afterwards, use the berry that lowers Special Defense because you wouldn't of needed any. (Or if you did, you'll have to keep track on a seperate sheet of paper)

Sorry, that didn't help at all. And now you gave me another question:

But if Staravia gives one EV in speed AND attack, why would you need to start over if you're going for speed and attack? Can't you just keep the speed and attack EVs from the Staravias?
Well, you could, but only if you kept track of how many Staravias you KOed. (That is, if you're still Speed training) If you don't keep track, you don't know how many you have and would have to use the berry to get rid of the Attack EVs and then start Attack training while keeping track.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

IC3R

Smash Lord
Don't forget about the Power Items, they give 4 EV to a particular Stat when gaining an EV of the same Stat:

Anklet - Speed
Band - Special Defense
Belt - Defense
Bracer - Attack
Lens - Special Attack
Weight - HP

Ex: Kill a Starly for 1 Speed EV. If you were holding Power Anklet, you would get a total of 5 Speed EVs! Use the switch-out method, because holding a Power Item kills your speed...

IC3R

Smash Lord
AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE.............
Don't feel bad;), I won't get another "OMG! He's right!" moment for a while...

By the way, Wii4Mii 99, thanks for helping me with my team as well...
And how do I get a Trainer Card? Those look neat...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE.............
Don't feel bad;), I won't get another "OMG! He's right!" moment for a while...

By the way, Wii4Mii 99, thanks for helping me with my team as well...
And how do I get a Trainer Card? Those look neat...
Spread the word:

Wii4Mii is making trainer cards for people.

I've already satisfied 4 members.

Yes yes, you helped me out too Wii4Mii. A lot more than IC3R, but you have to understand that while you gave me a lot of gold shavings, he just gave me a whole nugget.
I guess that's true, too...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

IC3R

Smash Lord
Double Post -_-, before I read can someone expain what's going on ATM?
Okay. First, someone put up a team that possibly minimized defeat, by sharing no weaknesses, and covering all enemy types.
Eventually, at page 25, Dyce here posted a team he was making.
He wanted responses-->He got responses.
Several people, including myself and Wii4Mii, assisted him with his team.
We got to the point of him thanking us, me asking for a Trainer Card, and then you pop in out of nowhere...

That about covers it...

So, what's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom