• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating The Best Team - Possible? Let's Find Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR3DAT

Smash Rookie
I would like to say that a "Perfect Team" doesn't exist but the important is to be balanced...
infact, good battlers shud try to win with their favourites...
whatever it doesn't exist a perfect team because a team can counter another one... :\...

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
That's why a perfect team is uncounterable. Well, of course there's something that's going to be there to take out at least 2 or 3 Pokémon, but the point of the "perfect team" is that it's able to answer to everything.
Also, it's going to be a little bit hard to have the "perfect team" nowadays, what with the impending D/P format...

Darkgamer X

Smash Cadet
That's why a perfect team is uncounterable. Well, of course there's something that's going to be there to take out at least 2 or 3 Pokémon, but the point of the "perfect team" is that it's able to answer to everything.
Also, it's going to be a little bit hard to have the "perfect team" nowadays, what with the impending D/P format...
well a perfect team should have a great attack and defence (also special) . Scizor has a large attack power, speed, and can only be damaged with super efective results is fire. so Scizor is a need. also having pokemon like Absol is a death sentance literaly. it can use perrish song which is best for the opponets last pokemon, but absol has week defence.:ohwell:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Scizor sucks.

Here's the greatest team possible prooved mathematically.

Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
+ Dunsparce-hax power

Darkgamer X

Smash Cadet
Scizor sucks.

Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
+ Dunsparce-hax power

Khanczar

Smash Ace
perfect teamIMO would be 6 aruseus's with 6 different types... And of course differrent moves, but im too lazy to think it out

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Scizor sucks.

Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
Dunsparce-hax power
+ Dunsparce-hax power

Wrath`

Smash Master
The best team should always have difrent type attacks among move sets.I mean you get 4 move slots so why have the same type of attack twice as in 2 fire attacks when you know its in the end not going to help you say battiling a water type.You should always have 4 diffrent types.

Best pokemon:Tyranitar Moves:earthquake,thunder,dragon claw,crunch.:psycho:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's difficult to stop this combination, but it's possible. Of course I'm talking about Heracross and Mewtwo used to there maxed potential. Basically, they have a moveset that they can use for any situation. Here ya go.

Mewtwo
Special Ability: Pressure
Held Item: Brightpowder
Moves: Thunder, Ice Beam, Psychic, Recover

Heracross
Special Ablitity: Swarm
Held Item: Some berry that increases his Speed
Moves: Megahorn, Earthquake, Endure, Reversal

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
The best team should always have difrent type attacks among move sets.I mean you get 4 move slots so why have the same type of attack twice as in 2 fire attacks when you know its in the end not going to help you say battiling a water type.You should always have 4 diffrent types.

Not usually. Having 4 attacking moves without Choice Band is generally a crappy idea unless you can actually hit hard enough and need to sweep on both sides of the attack spectrum. Pokemon that come to mind are Metagross, Octillery, Gengar or Tyranitar, but not with that set. And to further contradict your point, having 2 moves of the same type on a Pokemon isn't the worst crime you can commit, despite what you think. Fury Swipes CBSlaking isn't really common, but it's not bad, as it destroys Ninjasks, Subpunchers, and just Pokemon faster than Slaking who think they can be safe by subbing on the nontruant turn. Besides Fury Swipes, you still want Return or Double Edge, so this is a case of 2 moves of the same attacking type being acceptable. Arm Thrust Hariyama, Double Kick Blaziken, and Triple Kick Hitmontop are all rather rare too, but they're all designed to take out Boah and usually have an additional fighting move. Focus Punch and another fighting move are usable together too.

As for on topic, Baton Pass chains are rather difficult to interrupt even with something like Weezing, as Umbreon or Mawile can Taunt with Ninjask's Speed Boost. Things like Perish Song are too specialized to use casually, and Roar/WW are blocked by Ingrain from Smeargle. The BP chain can rarely be stopped once the Ingrain is set. All that's left to do is that Vaporeon/Scizor adds the defense and Celebi pumps enough SpDef for Ninjask to get in 3 Swords Dances and have Medicham sweep. Wish from the Eeveelutions really help in this too.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ask Mew2King if you want any questions to pokemon...He told me that when he was 10 he spent 700 hours leveling up his pokemon to lv 100 by fighting low level pokemon, like from lv 1-10. I'm sure he can answer the rest of your questions.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
The best team consist of Mewtwo, Mew, Alakazam, Houndoom and Parasect or whatever hes called, unstoppable i tell ya!

Thorns

Smash Cadet
Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers ** THIS IS SPARTA
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Claydol @ Leftovers ** THIS IS SPARTA
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 96 Atk / 66 Def / 176 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band ** THIS IS SPARTA
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** THIS IS SPARTA
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers ** THIS IS SPARTA
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 42 Atk / 120 Def / 96 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Substitute

Magneton @ Leftovers ** THIS IS SPARTA
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 86 Def / 172 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

This is my TSS team from Netbattle. It's never lost a match, probably because it's 2 weeks old.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend who uses a pretty balance team, but he has a combination that always mess up my team. He uses a Slaking and a Lugia. With the macho brace he increase the lugia's defense and special defense a lot, while the slaking has a ton of attack and speed. When the battle stars he first uses skill swap to change abilities between lugia and slaking and then skill swap again to pass it on to my pokemon and let the suffering begin. Is tough because his lugia has a lot of defense and recover and slaking can easily defeated one pokemon with a single blow.

Someone knows of a way to beat a combination like that.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
With the macho brace he increase the lugia's defense and special defense a lot
Er.... macho brace halves speed during a battle. That's it. It doesn't increase def or sdef. Now, if you were to EV train with it against pokes that gave Def or SDef EVs, ok then. But in battle it does nothing but halve the wearer's speed.

As for stopping the combo, just kill slaking the first turn. Not very hard to do, especially if you're using an explosion/selfdestruct team. Slaking can't protect and lugia has to use ss first turn, so.... essentially, they both die, and if you're lucky you can take out another one. Or abuse double intimidate so that slaking is effectively left worthless (even with a choice band it would only have some 300 or so atk left). Then focus your efforts on killing the lugia. I would imagine a CBtauros return and a CBsalamence aerial ace would hurt it pretty bad. The best part is they're both faster than lugia, so you have a second turn to kill it if for some reason it survives.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
Er.... macho brace halves speed during a battle. That's it. It doesn't increase def or sdef. Now, if you were to EV train with it against pokes that gave Def or SDef EVs, ok then. But in battle it does nothing but halve the wearer's speed.

As for stopping the combo, just kill slaking the first turn. Not very hard to do, especially if you're using an explosion/selfdestruct team. Slaking can't protect and lugia has to use ss first turn, so.... essentially, they both die, and if you're lucky you can take out another one. Or abuse double intimidate so that slaking is effectively left worthless (even with a choice band it would only have some 300 or so atk left). Then focus your efforts on killing the lugia. I would imagine a CBtauros return and a CBsalamence aerial ace would hurt it pretty bad. The best part is they're both faster than lugia, so you have a second turn to kill it if for some reason it survives.

Yeah, sorry, the macho brace was uses to increase the stats, not use it in battle:embarrass . Anyway, I think I should try the doble intimidate stuff, it sounds cool, but the explosion technique is also a good move.;)

Thanks for the tips, later...

!Reverse!

Smash Rookie
Snorlax should be on every team. Suicune ***** everything without a huge physcial sweeper, and even then it has the defenses to take a hit. Swampert owns if the opponent doesnt have any grass moves, which they often dont. BP Celebi makes you win. CB Salamence KO's almost everything, switch out on Gengar.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Ask Mew2King if you want any questions to pokemon...He told me that when he was 10 he spent 700 hours leveling up his pokemon to lv 100 by fighting low level pokemon, like from lv 1-10. I'm sure he can answer the rest of your questions.
m2k also wasted him time.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Yeh this thread does seem interesting.

I've been spending a couple of days now researching which pokemon to include in my squad. The only problem is that I sold ruby/sapphire/Gold/Silver a long long time ago *sigh* so now I'm going onto eBay trying to buy cheap copies....I don't feel that I should emulate ruby/sapphire/emerald.

I never enjoy using legendaries because they are overpowered and cheap but pokemon such as Gyardos and Tyranitor I would definately use in my squad...

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/338.shtml <-- interesting

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/376.shtml <-- Good base stats

rojosmasher

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion the only reason people think that legendaries are cheap is because they cant raise they're pokemon. However i can see someones point of how say deoxys is cheap.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yeh this thread does seem interesting.

I've been spending a couple of days now researching which pokemon to include in my squad. The only problem is that I sold ruby/sapphire/Gold/Silver a long long time ago *sigh* so now I'm going onto eBay trying to buy cheap copies....I don't feel that I should emulate ruby/sapphire/emerald.

I never enjoy using legendaries because they are overpowered and cheap but pokemon such as Gyardos and Tyranitor I would definately use in my squad...

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/338.shtml <-- interesting

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/376.shtml <-- Good base stats
The funny thing is that ttar is stronger and overall more feared in the metagame than a lot of legendaries.

In fact, metagross and ttar each have a higher base stat total than all of the pokes from the three trios (600 vs 580 each). Note that when I say trios I don't include Groudon/Kyorge/Rayquaza.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I don't enjoy raising legendaries because most of them are too straightfoward. Raising them usually involves high attack stats and moves with 90 base damage or higher.

And some are not only straightfoward but just too powerful. Eg. Deoxys, Mewtwo, and Kyogre.

(totally unrelated) I wish I had a shiny Treeko. lolz

Thorns

Smash Cadet

Wrong. Earthquake/Stone Edge/Dragon Dance/Focus Punch. Or HP Bug over Dragon Dance with Choice Band.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Wrong. Earthquake/Stone Edge/Dragon Dance/Focus Punch. Or HP Bug over Dragon Dance with Choice Band.
No Crunch? I would use crunch over fp. SEdge already covers pretty much everything you'd use fp for (minus like... steelix). Physical crunch is quite the boon for ttar. That, and pursuit, which I would use over dd; not hp:bug.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
In DP, Tyranitar's best Cband moveset is probably,
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Focus Punch / Pursuit

HP: Bug wouldn't work because all Hidden Powers are Special now, which wouldn't go well with Tyranitar's most likely low SAtk you're going to give him.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Hidden Power is a special attack now instead of a physical attack. So hp tyranitar wouldnt be that great. Crunch is alot better now since its not a special attack anymore.

As for my team, I been thinking...

Infernape: Fire/Fighting with Blaze
Lucario: Steel/Fighting with Steadfast
Honchkrow: Dark/Flying with Super Luck
Leafeon: Grass with Leaf Guard
Rotom: Ghost/Electric with Levitate
Palkia: Dragon/Water with Pressure

That team covers all the type weaknesses! So I think it would be good to use.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So you're planning on using that team in ubers, then? Knock palkia off of it if you don't want to be playing teams full of ubers that will more than likely overpower you due to sheer force. Also, rotom is sorta lol.

Type weaknesses don't really matter much, tbh. What you need to watch out are specific pokemon weaks - you have to be able to resist certain combinations of moves pokemon often have. Your current team (minus palkia) has a severe azelf weak. You can't take special attacks from much of anything, actually. You should get a special wall for that.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm starting up a new team in Pearl to really dominate Wi-Fi, and I'd like to get some honest opinions on how this new team will work out.

The first list is my first team, the team I beat the Elite 4 with.
The second list is my "Dream Team", the team I plan on making.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Monferno Torterra Empoleon Medicham Luxray Staraptor
(2) Flygon Ludicolo Swampert Lucario Electivire Dragonite

I hatched all of my second team from eggs so I'm starting from scratch.
I only have a Vibrava, Lotad, Lucario, Elekid, and Dratini so far.
I don't have a Mudkip yet, but am getting one as soon as I get rid of all the rare Pokemon from Emerald and start over.
And I'm still in a toss up between Dragonite, Altaria, and Salamence.

Help is greatly appreciated!

drcossack

Smash Ace
Team's in planning stages so far, not EV trained yet; need 2 other Pokemon too (have to go through Emerald some more for a Ninjask):

Blaziken, Hardy
Trait: Blaze
Stone Edge
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz (when he's leveled enough)
Sky Uppercut

Salamence, unknown nature - need to breed a little to get Hydro Pump as an Egg Move
Trait: Intimidate
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Flamethrower

Espeon, Naive
Trait: Synchronize
Baton Pass
Psychic
Calm Mind
Substitute - not sure what to replace this with

Would prefer NOT to use Legendaries, though I do have access to them.

titus

Smash Journeyman
@drcossack
Salamence- its better for physical attacks
so you may want to go with dragon claw over dragon pulse

dont really like flamthrower either. not sure what id switch it with though.

why hydro pump?
its better, imo to get a different pokemon that can learn surf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom