• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hmm, seems like ahemtoday's moveset for Young Link redirects to his moveset proposal for Ganondorf.
Thank you. I fixed it.

As for Job #44....

SUPER SMASH BROS. ELITE

SUPER SMASH BROS. I’M GOING TO BED NOW ITS 11 PM AND I WOKE UP AT 4 THIS MORNING AND IM DEAD TIRED

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #44: (the worst idea)...
Super Smash Bros. ULT2MATE
(Pronounced Ult-two-mate, instead of Ult-ti-mate)

It's a simple name, but a fitting one, it's the sequel to Ultimate, you can't say it isn't as the name "Ultimate sequel" is this project. It's also easy to remember, it's stylised in all caps to really pop out, this IS the Ultimate smash bros game.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 44

SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATUM
From Dictionary.com:
1 a final, uncompromising demand or set of terms issued by a party to a dispute, the rejection of which may lead to a severance of relations or to the use of force.
2 a final proposal or statement of conditions.

Essentially, a final proposal or request. Makes sense since this game is looking to top all other Smash games in terms of pure fanservice.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nintendogs assist: Beagle
1612368472555.png

How can you not like this pupper? A very popular dog in real life, notable for it's status as a hunting breed and being the basis for the iconic comic strip character, Snoopy, the Beagle has made consistent appearances in the Nintendogs games since the very beginning. While it's yet to grace a cover of one of the games (Which the Lab, French Bulldog and Toy Poodle of prior Smash games all have), it's still such a cute and iconic dog that I think it should be at least considered.

Though a beagle was one of my key dogs when first playing Nintendogs so maybe I lm a bit biased here..

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #42: King Dedede (Kirby)

King Dedede would be a sword fighter, with his mallet as the sword. Given that Flowers, Staffs, and Yiga Hooks have been modeled over the sword, I don't think the weapon discrepancy would be an issue. The headpiece would be his hat, and the Outfit would be his Robe, Vest, Gloves, and Shoes. King Dedede's outfit is extremely iconic, but would also fill the niche of having a robe outfit for Miis, as there is currently no royal robes for Miis.

Job #42: Ball Guy (Pokemon)

Ball Guy is one of the breakout mascots of Sword and Shield, even getting his own plush, when human pokemon characters rarely get plushes. The Team Rocket Miis have shown that human pokemon character representation beyond the playable trainer is possible, yet pokemon has no other mii costumes. Ball Guy fits as a mii due to his face covering, which would fit perfectly as a deluxe or black knight style mii costume. He would be a brawler, with the headpiece being the Poke Ball and cap, and the outfit being the shirt, pants, and shoes

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
JOB 44

SUPER SMASH BROS. UltiMAXIMUM

This game is the pinnacle of Smash Ultimate and thus would be the peak or the most exciting version of it.

I wanted to go with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Climax or Climax Ultimate but that was a bit to close to a euphemism

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #43: Maltese
8E71979B-ECF5-4C41-B635-683236504B2C.png

The Maltese came from the Central Mediterranean area, around Malta and the Italian island of Sicily. Maltese are gentle, adorable, and fearless dogs that crave attention.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #44:

SUPER SMASH BROS. ZENITH

Zenith is defined as the time at which something is most powerful or successful. It also gives the acronym SSBZ which not only sounds epic, but has the letter z, which is the final letter of the alphabet, representing this game being the culmination of everything before it.

Also, I know we're focusing on E3 content, but just a reminder that there are still new melee alt slots available for quite a few characters.

Last edited:

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Job 44:

Super Smash Bros All-Stars

I feel like this name captures the essence of this hypothetical game. Even with Ultimate there is always so much talk about how smash is the largest collaboration of gaming all stars, and with everyone back once again, and even more are joining the battle, this title communicates the power that is the crossover aspect of smash. Not to mention its also a nice callback to beginning of Melees intro, "Nintendo All Stars in."

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Voting for the name is going to be really really really hard...... I really like all of these suggestions lol. Anyway here's my try.

Job #44

Super Smash Bros. Supreme

It starts with an S (like "Super" and "Smash").... and Supreme is bigger than both Ultimate and Special (I think?). That's the post. Also, no connotations with that one expensive clothing brand. Perhaps we might even get sued?

I look forward to voting for the other suggestions!

Yeah I'm not good at names, sorry...

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #44:

Super Smash Bros. Reawakening

Since this game will be bigger than Ultimate. I chose Reawakening because the magic of Smash is reawakening (the surprises and hype).

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #42:

Fighter Mii Costume: Joker

I don't know about you guys, but when I saw chibi Joker in Persona Q2, I thought he was made to be a Mii Costume. The headpiece would be his mask, and the suit would be his outfit complete with cape. He'd be available for all three classes, with Gunner giving him a comically oversized version of his gun and Swordfighter using his knife.

First party Mii Costume: Pauline

Pauline's costume is simple, her sparkly red dress as the suit and her stylish hat as the headpiece. I think she's best suited for Brawler, though I guess she could be a Swordfighter using a microphone instead of a sword?

Job #44:

I thought I had some great ideas, but then I come in here and damn, it'll be hard to top most of these. Time to take my best shot!

While I love using synonyms for "fight" as subtitles (I might just vote for Clash, and I will forever believe that the dual releases of Smash 4 should have been called Smash Duel), I think every Smash game has done a good job at encapsulating the feel of the game. Melee is fancy and refined, Brawl is gritty and for everyone to enjoy, and Ultimate is a culmination of Smash's history. So I'm thinking, what is our game's "thing"? I think it's new content; not just new fighters, we're adding new modes, new items, new stages, that aren't related to the fighters like with Ultimate. We're even remaking some old fighters. And so, with that in mind, my pitch is...

Super Smash Bros. Nova

(jazz hands)
Nova comes from the Latin word for "new", and it also sounds cool. Plus! It's also the name of a phenomenon where a new, brighter star is born out of an old progenitor star - which seems pretty fitting given that we're building from Ultimate to create an even bigger and more refined experience. And Sakurai really likes space so I think it's a name that would appeal to him as well.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #43: Nintendog Breed

Sakurai once said that the Golden Retriever is one of the most popular dog breeds globally which is true. Nintendo is a Japanese company though and Smash originated in Japan so let’s include Japan’s most popular dog breed!

The Shiba Inu is one of three dog breeds native to Japan along with the Akita Inu and Tosu Inu. It’s known for being very protective, loyal, and dedicated. There’s been many times where I walked the streets of Japan only to be berated and accosted by a Shiba Inu out for a walk with their owner just because I was walking on the opposite sidewalk. Apparently I was a threat. That being says, it makes perfect sense to include the Shiba as its popular all around the world and comes from Nintendo’s home country of Japan.

I just saw Speed Weed already proposed the Shiba Inu soooooo....

Mamboo included a Firefighter as a Mii Costume a while back so I think it would be a nice connection to include the Firefighter’s best friend...

The Dalmatian

And no....there won’t be 101 of them that appear. Just one.​

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Ok I'm gonna do a little funny thing for the name

Job #44

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Special

What's with the name being so boring? Adding special as a subtitle to ultimate such a coup out isn't it? Well I figured the game is basically Ultimate but better so it would be called like fit but there's more significance to the name Special. In Japan, Smash Ultimate is actually called Smash Special so I guess in Japan this game would be called

Super Smash Bros. Special: Ultimate

Pillow

Smash Lord
Been following this project for a little while now, and would love to work with someone in designing a modern version of the Cruel Melee/Meet the Polygons modes from previous Smash games. The game mode I kind of envisioned works like this:

Survival Mode (1-2 Players Co-Op):
Each player begins with 3 lives, and the game ends when all lives are lost. Lives can be shared, and more lives can be gained as a possible prize at the end of each Round.

Each Round would place the players in one of a few potential "Worlds" each themed around a specific game. I'll use the Mario World as an example. The stage will either always be a Large Battlefield version of a regular, or maybe just a pre-set stage of that World i.e. Princess Peach's Castle for Mario. Random enemies will spawn of 3 variations, easy, medium, and hard. Easy units would be mooks like goombas, medium units would be something like hammer bros or koopas, and hard units would be actual characters like Koopa Kids or Bowser. Easier units have the highest chance of spawning while hard units have the lowest. Each round would have a set number of enemies spawn, with Round 1 being the lowest number at 20, growing with each additional round. At the end of each round, the players would enter a Boss Fight. For the Mario World this would be Giga Bowser.

At the end of each round each player will be given 3 potential rewards in the form of Spirits/Stickers/Trophies/Whatever is in this game (basically permanent buffs for your character) with lives sometimes being one of the potential 3 options.

Ideally there would be enough Worlds/Bosses that going through each of them once would be extremely difficult/time consuming.

Job#44
Since SF got Alpha, then Smash will be Smash Bros: Omega

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 42:

#1) Bowser. This costume would be made up of the Bowser Hat and the Bowser Outfit. The oufit would be for Mii Brawler, but the hat could work on any Mii Fighter.

#2) Galarian Slowbro. This costume would be a Mii Gunner costume. The hat would resemble a recolor of the PokeManiacs headpeice from Pokemon Let's Go.

Job 44:
Super Smash Bros Spectacle

I think it should good.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #42:

1. Mewtwo (Brawler) Mii Fighter Costume
B8B1C74E-E297-4A72-957E-FA5600E23A5D.png

The Mii Fighter Hat will be Mewtwo’s head, covering the top of the Mii’s head. The Mii Fighter Outfit will just be Mewtwo’s body, but the size of the Mii.

2. Mimikyu (Brawler) Mii Fighter Costume
86EC0625-27E7-4A4A-A675-04A47CF42DDA.png

The Mii Fighter’s entire head will be covered in Mimikyu’s cloth and the back of its head will have his tail too. The cloth will only be cut enough to show the Mii’s eyes. On top of the Mii’s head will be Mimikyu’s Pikachu head. Basically, your head is in Mimikyu’s disguise.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, it’s time to vote fir your favorite Mii Costume! We had tons of submissions this time around and choosing is going to be very difficult. In addition, we will be accepting the top 6 submissions instead of the top 3 for each category so 12 new costumes altogether!

Since we have so many available, please vote for your top 5 favorite. So that’s five for both categories which comes to ten votes total. You can vote for your own.

Based on a Character in the Roster

1. Duck Hunt Hat Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
2. Ganondorf BowserKing BowserKing
3. Ness CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
4. Robin cashregister9 cashregister9
5. Terry The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher
6. Lucario Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
7. Falco Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
8. Mega Man Perkilator Perkilator
9. Pit Paraster Paraster
10. Wario Otoad64 Otoad64
11. Sephiroth Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
12. Pokémon Trainer Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
13. King Dedede Krookodilian Krookodilian
14. Joker GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
15. Bowser SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
16. Mewtwo evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Based on a secondary/minor character or enemy

1. Kumatora Hoodie @Wario Wario Wario
2. Gardevoir BowserKing BowserKing
3. Gatekeeper CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
4. Mona cashregister9 cashregister9
5. Tingle The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher
6. Space Pirate @Venus of the Desert Bloom
7. Melia Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
8. Primid Perkilator Perkilator
9. Enemy Octoling Paraster Paraster
10. Adeleine Otoad64 Otoad64
11. Sheldon Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
12. Korok Mask Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
13. Ball Guy Krookodilian Krookodilian
14. Paulina GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
15. Galarian Slowbro SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
16. Mimikyu evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Please also note that if yours isn’t chosen but it was placed highly, there is a good chance that they may be included later in down the road. I’ve done that with some of the items, Pokemon, and assist trophies.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My votes.

Category 1

1 Mega Man
2 Bowser
3 Lucario
4 Robin
5 Duck Hunt Hat

Category 2

1 Tingle
2 Space Pirate
3 Melia
4 Sheldon
5 Gatekeeper

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Cat 1
-Robin
-King Dedede
-Terry
-Joker
-Ness

Cat 2
-Mona
-Pauline
-Kumatora
-Ball Guy
-Primid

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Based on roster:
1. Ness
2. Lookin' Cool Joker
3. Pokemon Trainer
4. Terry (I really want a baseball cap that isn't Mario series, like a normal baseball cap)
5. Robin

Based on Secondary:
1. Kumatora
2. Gatekeeper
3. Primid
4. Ball Guy
5. Pauline

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Category 1:

1. Terry
2. Bowser