• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I decided to do a roster for this, i'll update it as more characters are revealed (both our characters and real DLC)View attachment 298455
I'll also do Stage/Assist lineups once we have more of them. are we assuming they all come back, or are we choosing what return?
Great! Thank you so much for that! I will make sure to add that to the front page! I hope you are ready though because....

Job #11: Submit a Newcomer nay....two Newcomers to Create a Smash Ultimate Project!

Yes, we are kicking off the Newcomer Submission period earlier than I planned and submitting newcomers again. This time, it will be two!

Character #1: A character from a returning first party franchise
  • Must be rather popular
  • Must be from a returning first party franchise
  • A slight description of the character and why they are a fit for the roster
  • A slight description of their moveset potential
Character #2: An Echo character from a first party franchise
  • Must be rather popular
  • Must be from a first party franchise
  • The Echo fighter can be based on any veterans plus please state who.
  • A slight description of the character and why they are a fit for the roster
  • We can decide during discussion just how different this echo fighter will be to the base veteran.
Please note that these two will also be featured in the E3 trailer along with Isaac.

PLEASE MAKE TWO SEPARATE POSTS FOR CHARACTER #1 AND #2.

This is an test to see how well we can do two characters at once. Since Echo Fighters seems easy to do, I decided to try this out.

Also, please don’t forget to vote for the Pokémon. We will be closing it up within 12 hours.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Question for Character #1, is it apply that the character have to be from a new series or a returning one at that or both?
Sorry, I clarified it to Returning.

Think of it like this: If Isaac is our “Pit” and “Inkling”, then character #2 is our “Meta Knight” and “Ridley”.

Paraster

Smash Lord
A character from a returning first party franchise
Untitled.png

Porky Minch from EarthBound, specifically in his spider mech from Mother 3.
The mech would be slightly redesigned to be smaller (particularly compared to his appearance in Brawl): Porky's actual body would be around the same size as Ness or Lucas, and the main cockpit/bed would be small enough that it could look somewhat tight.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Character suggestion 1: Waluigi (Super Mario)
WaluigiSMP2.png

For a character that was solely created to give Wario a doubles partner in Mario Tennis, Waluigi has really made a name for himself. Initially a commonplace on many "Worst Mario characters" lists, he has gained a massive cult following over the years, due to his zany personality, whacky design, and his status as a bit of a loser.

I think it'd be a bit of an understatement to consider Waluigi one of the most demanded first parties for Smash as of current. Dude had some notable support in Brawl and 4, but things really picked up for Ultimate when his Assist Trophy deconfirmation sent notable shockwaves around the net. I'd argue he's essentially become the new Ridley, purple coloration and all. Assuming this slot is gonna be a Ridley-style insanely popular first party, Waluigi was like the only choice that made sense to me.

As for how he'd play in Smash, I'd expect a wacky, awkward character to match his personality. He's also been described as a bit of a "cheater", maybe there's a way to implement that in somehow. When it comes to his moveset, perhaps he could represent the Mario spin-offs like Party, Kart, and the sports games, assuming this is where he's prominentally hailed from. Or perhaps his personality alone is enough to make an archetype?

Anyways, I'll do my echo choice once I get off work.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Character 1: Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade

Xenoblade is a large-ish new IP from Nintendo, and despite selling really well only has one character to represent the games. Why? Because Sakurai wanted Rex in, but couldn't due to time issues. Now that we have a sequel, it would be a perfect time to add the iconic duo.
And while there might be some complaints about another "anime sword fighter," Rex is generally wanted enough and well liked for more to not have a problem with it.

A way Rex and Pyra could work is that Rex does most the attacking, but Pyra does the Special attacks and on rare occasions assist with Rex during what he's doing. Rex and Pyra aren't Ice Climbers, they don't have separate health to make things confusing, Pyra can just sometimes up air when Rex up airs as an example.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Character 2: Ninten (Ness echo)
1609937026811.jpeg

I don't see Mother/Earthbound getting another full on unique character, but an echo that allows all 3 protagonists would be pretty cool. I haven't seen gameplay or know the plot of this game, but from what I heard he would have a teleport up special and slightly different moves all around.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is a bit of a controversial Echo choice, because some people are 100% sure that echoes must be from the same series as their base character. I think it's really not a hard rule, just that most reasonable echoes come from the same series. There are only 2-3 exceptions… and here's one of them.

NEW ECHO FIGHTER: BLAZIKEN (11e)
1609938767899.png

Blaziken is a third generation Pokémon, and the final evolution of the fire starter, Torchic. Blaziken is a very popular Pokemon - in the google poll, it was crowned the fifth most popular Pokemon from Hoenn, beating out titans like Mudkip. Metagross, and Deoxys. Speaking of Hoenn, we still don't have a character from the region, and while getting a fully unique character from the region might be asking a bit much, an Echo should be doable.

As for how Blaziken would work? Blaziken could acttually get away with being one of the least unique echoes, that's how good of a fit it is. Blaziken is a very fast Pokemon, and most of it's attacks use it's legs (but it does also use it's arms). That's also a pretty decent description of Captain Falcon (Blaziken's even doing the knee in it's Sugamori art!). That being said, there should be a few changes, mostly animation wise. Obviously the enter stage animation and Final Smash need to change, and Falcon Punch and F-Smash should be changed to kicks. Up Special should be swapped out for a completely different move, albeit one copied from another character: Sky Uppercut (reskinned Shoryuken)

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Character 1: Bandana Waddle Dee

Bandana Waddle Dee is one of the main characters in the Kirby series, appearing in almost every game since Kirby Super Star Ultra. The Kitby series has not recieved a new character since brawl, despite being one of Nintendo's largest ips, so I think it's about time for a new representitive, and Bandana Waddle Dee is easily the best choice as he is certainly the most important Kirby character left

As for how he would play, he would introduce a new weapon type, that being a spear. How would a spear be different from a standard sword? Well for starters it would be incredibly ranged, and even though there are characters with ranged weapons, Bandana Waddle Dee would be about the height of Kirby, meaning he would be the first short but ranged character. In addition to that, he can also use his spear as a projectile, and he can even spin it like a helicopter for his recovery.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Character 2:
Birdo (Yoshi Echo)

Birdo is a supporting character in the Super Mario series. She first appeared as a boss in Super Mario Bros 2, However she would go on to be portrayed as a hero rather than a villain, often being portrayed as Yoshi's love intrest. Because she was now Yoshi's love intrest she was given a redesign to make her look more like Yoshi, even having her own version of Yoshi eggs! Because of this she would fit perfectly as a Yoshi echo. Only thing that should be changed his her neutral special, as she lacks a tongue.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Character 2
Woah, who's that rad dude with the 'tude and the board?

It's FUNKY KONG!
Funky Kong hails from the totally righteous Donkey Kong series. He first appeared in the game Donkey Kong Country as a tubular NPC who ran Funky's Flights, which would let players travel anywhere they wanted to on the gnarly world map. He would keep selling bodacious items until 2018, where he became a playable character for the very first time in Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze!

How would he play? Glad you asked!
This epic member of the Kong family would play almost exactly like his best friend/possible younger brother Donkey Kong, due to their similar, awesomely muscular body types. However, Funky would come with one radical difference-for some moves, he'll shred on his surfboard or use it as a weapon.

Why should he be in Smash?
Well, first of all, he's a surfer, which is really cool. Second, outside of Dixie, he's really the last member of the DK Crew who should be added into Smash Bros. And finally, Funky is a fan favorite character who would make perfect sense as an echo of Donkey Kong, whose popularity was heavily bolstered by DKC Tropical Freeze's Switch port.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Character 2:
Proto Man (Mega Man Echo)

Proto Man is a major character in the Mega Man series. Being Mega Man's older brother, and being the Prototype for all Robot Masters including Mega Man, he would fit into the echo role nicely. I imagine him being not too different from Mega Man himself, though he should have a more stoic personality, and he needs to use the shield in some way.
Isn't the rule for Character 1 & 2 is that it have to be a 1st party?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ganon
1609935405607.png

As we know from Skyward Sword, Ganon is the embodiment of evil that was influenced from the curse uttered by the Demise, a king of demons. His curse was such that it would follow the reincarnated the three forces: Link, Zelda, and Ganon throughout history. Ganondorf is one just aspect of my his evil which took human...errrr...Gerudo form. We have tons of amazing content from the 3D era of Zelda but nothing from its more 2D era. The one actually aspect we have in character form is Zelda’s A Link Between Two Worlds appearance.

Ganon as a character would be entirely appropriate for Smash given just how much impact this force of evil has had in the series. It’s driven much of the plot of the series and influenced the events in many of the games; most notably in Breath of the Wild with Calamity Ganon. This Ganon, however, would drawn from the original game, A Link in the Past, Link’s Awakening, Oracle series, Four Swords, and A Link Between Two Worlds.

Gameplay wise, he would be very unique with what I call a beast warlock. Ganon would be even larger than Bowser with a more upright posture and has extremely long range that rivals even Sephiroth thanks to his long limbs and his spear. All of his attacks hit hard and some have superarmor though he does have some start up lag. His spear and raw strength isn’t his only good points as he can utilize powerful arcane spells. This includes producing homing Blazing Bats, create an orb of lighting that shoots different directions, teleportation, mouth blasts, ground pounds, and transforming into a bat. while it’s enticing to also allow him to summon common Zelda enemies, that might be pushing it.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I’ll be joining in

Character 1: Lugia
:249:
This Pokémon from the Johto region has some potential to be in Smash, and Lugia is one of the most popular Pokémon in that region. Lugia would also mark the second Legendary Pokémon to be in the game, after Mewtwo. Lugia would of course have it’s size reduced a bit, but if it can work for Ridley, it can work for Lugia.

Lugia can use some moves like Areoblast, Wind Gusts, Dragon Rush and Extrasensory.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please don’t forget to vote for the Poké Pokémon you want to see. Votes close in 6ish hours. Top four win.

Also added a poll about voting on adding additional Mii Fighter classes This could include concepts like Mii Mage.

Last edited:

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Character 2: Dixie Kong

Dixie kong is perhaps one of the few characters heavily requested in the brawl days that still has yet to join the battle. Many will argue she deserves her own character spot, however with a similar build and similar abilities to diddy, echo fighter seems like it would fit dixie well. After all, she was going to play similar to him when she was considered for Brawl as diddys partner. Instead of the jetpack, she can use her hair to recover similar to DK's up b. There can be many aesthetic changes such as shooting bubble gum instead of peanuts alongside new taunts and idle and victory animations. Even though im partial to funky, dixie is far more iconic and deserves to finally get in after all this time.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Ok, am I allowed to reserve my character concept? Like just adding their name and then right after that I'm going go to follow that up with the rest of the explanation?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
WARNING: Wall of text

The original pure character candidate was going to go to Celica from Fire Emblem Gaiden and its remake, but for the sake of avoiding candidate redundancy, I instead went with...

Character 1: Scizor (Pokémon Gold and Silver)
Scizor.png
Scizor is a fairly popular Pokémon from Johto; so much so, it's popularity was even acknowledged in its trophy description from Melee. It's a Bug/Steel-type Pokémon (National Dex #212) with the hardness of steel; it gained a Mega Evolution in Generation 6. It uses its spot-marked claws as smaller heads to scare away predators; it can't fly very far with its small wings, but it can flap them at high speeds to regulate its body temperature. It evolves from Scyther when said Scyther is traded with a Metal Coat.

Scizor was a Poké Ball summon in Melee and reprised its role in Ultimate. And that bums me a little, because Scizor's a Pokémon I believe to be made for fighting games (an honor it would eventually earn in Pokkén Tournament). I genuinely believe that if the team behind Melee had at least some more time to work on entirely new fighters, we could've gotten it as our Johto rep instead of :ultpichu: (along with a certain schoolgirl detective instead of Dr. Mario but that's another story).
Intro: Scizor pops out of a Poké Ball

Stance/Idle 1: Scizor stands upright, occasionally clacking its pincers
Idle 2: Scizor does an X-pose with its pincers
Idle 3: Scizor stretches out and flaps its wings

Notable Palette Swaps:
  • Scizor (default)
  • Shiny Scizor (yellow-green)
  • Scyther (green)
  • Manga Scizor (grey/black)
  • Shiny Scizor from Orre (yellow/black)
  • Pinsir (brown/white)
  • Vikavolt (blue/yellow)
  • Genesect (purple)

Walk: Scizor floats along the ground almost motionlessly
Dash: Scizor dashes as it flutters
Damage: Scizor will turn its head, barely fazed
Jump: Scizor jumps high off the ground and uses its wings the second time, having slightly less height the than the first jump
Crouch: Scizor puts one of its pincers on the ground

Weapon of Choice: Scizor’s learnset as of Gen 8

Normal Attacks
Jab: Fury Swipes; Scizor slices twice (4%) then keeps slicing rapidly (1%-2%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Scratch; Scizor attacks with a pincer as it flutters along (3%, small knockback)
Down+A: Scizor kicks lightly along the ground (4%, small knockback)
Up+A: Slash; Scizor slashes in an upward 45o arc (6%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Scizor swiftly spins around and slashes four times (8%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Scizor slashes downward (7%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Steel WIng; Scizor flashes it wings behind itself (8%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Double Hit; Scizor slashes upwards twice (9%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Scizor falls downward, putting its legs together like a sword (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Fury Swipes; Scizor rapidly slices the opponent five times with its pincers (10%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Wing Attack: Scizor rams the opponent with its wings as it climbs back up (6%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: U-Turn; Scizor hops back up with a backflip kick (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Bug Bite; Scizor violently snaps one of its pincers (22%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Fury Cutter; Scizor slashes upwards with both pincers (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Bug Buzz; Scizor emits a loud buzzing from its wings, creating a downward shockwave (19% with a meteor effect, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Scizor grabs the opponent with one of its pincers
Pummel: Scizor squeezes the opponent with one of its pincers (2%)
Forwards+Throw: False Swipe; Scizor throws the opponent with its pincer (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Take Down; Scizor slams the opponent on the ground with both of its pincers (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Reversal; Scizor throws the opponent behind itself (10%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Iron Head; Scizor tosses the opponent up, then headbutts them (15%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Bullet Punch
; Scizor rapidly punches the opponent when B is held (4%-5%), finishing with a powerful punch when B is let go of (10%, OK knockback). the first part of the attack weakens the longer B is held down.
B + Forwards : X-Scissor; Scizor flashes forward and slashes the shape of an X, which can hit up to four opponents at once (15%, OK knockback).
B + Up : Aerial Ace; Scizor flutters high up, then furiously slashes multiple times as it moves forward (18%, medium knockback)
B + Down : Swords Dance; by holding B, Scizor summons two swords spinning around behind itself, which hit multiple times (5% each hit, small knockback). It then slashes with both pincers (15% each, OK knockback).

Final Smash: Mega X-Scissor; Scizor Mega Evolves into Mega Scizor, slashing furiously (20%) and finishing with an X-Scissor that covers nearly the entire stage (38%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: N/A

Taunts
1: Scizor does an X-pose
2: Scizor puts its pincers next to its face, making it look like it has three heads
1+2: Scizor shuts each of its pincers

Winposes
1: Mega Scizor performs a Bullet Punch
2: Scizor hurls up a rock and breaks it
3: Scizor, floating a bit, comes down and raises one of its pincers in the air

Applause: Scizor folds its arms and disappointedly flaps its wings
Icon: The Pokémon series icon
Boxing Ring Title: The Unfazed Slicer
Star K.O.: Scizor lets out a harsh noise from its wings
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/m9_ozzyG3uo
Kirby Hat: Scizor’s wings

Classic Mode: Through the Fire and the Flames (faces opponents whose attacks use fire, its 4x type weakness)
Round 1: :ultken: on Suzaku Castle (Ken Stage Type A)
Round 2: :ultfalcon: on :porttown: (Fire Field (Brawl))
Round 3: :ultcharizard:on Kalos Pokémon League (Victory Road - Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire)
Round 4: :ultroy::ultrobin: on :castlesiege: (Edge of Adversity)
Round 5: :ultridley:on :norfair: (Vs. Ridley)
Round 6: :ultbowser: on Find Mii (King Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3)
Final Round: Rathalos
I designed Scizor's moveset to be similar to its Pokkén playstyle while assuming it was introduced in Melee. It would be a character who rushes head-on into opponents, dealing a flurry of rapid and powerful blows.

My Echo candidate, on the other hand;

Character 2: Morgan (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Morgan.png
Morgan would be an Echo of Robin using some of their custom moves from Smash 4. They're part of the reason why I dropped Celica; people often see her as a potential Robin Echo, but she can't learn all of the same magic that Robin can. So for the position of 56ε, I felt like Robin's own child was a better fit.
Intro: Same as Robin’s

Stance/Idle 1: Same as Robin’s

Idle 2: Morgan stares at his/her book for a second.

Idle 3: Morgan holds up his/her sword to his/her face and closes his/her eyes

Notable Palette Swaps:

Male Morgan

• Male (default)
  • Brady (Brown)
  • Owain (Yellow)
  • Gerome (Red)
  • Inigo (Blue)
  • Laurent (Black)

Female Morgan (alternate costume)
  • Female (default alt.)
  • Kjelle (Purple)
  • Cynthia (White)
  • Severa (Yellow)
  • Nah (Red)
  • Noire (Green)

Walk: Same as Robin’s
Jog: Same as Robin’s
Dash: Same as Robin’s
Damage: Same as Robin’s
Jump: Same as Robin’s
Crouch: Same as Robin’s

Weapon of Choice: Same as Robin’s

Normal Attack
Jab: Same as Robin’s
Forward+A: Same as Robin’s
Down+A: Same as Robin’s
Up+A: Same as Robin’s

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Same as Robin’s
Air Forward+A: Same as Robin’s
Air Back + A: Same as Robin’s
Air Up+A: Same as Robin’s
Air Down+A: Same as Robin’s

Dash Attack: Morgan jumps forward, swirling air around his/her sword and using it like a drill (14%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Same as Robin’s
Get-Up Attack: Same as Robin’s

Smash Attack
Forward+A: Same as Robin’s
Up+A: Morgan casts Elfire above his/her head (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Morgan jabs his/her sword on the ground and creates an electric shockwave (23%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Same as Robin’s
Pummel: Same as Robin’s
Forwards+Throw: Morgan blows the target up with Fire (16%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Morgan casts Thunder on the target (15%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Same as Robin’s
Up+Throw: Same as Robin’s

Special Moves
B : Thunder+
; one of Robin’s custom moves from Smash 4 (5% for Thunder, small knockback; 13% for Elthunder, OK knockback; 16% for Arcthunder, OK knockback; 21% for Thoron, medium knockback)
B + Forwards : Fire Wall; one of Robin’s custom moves from Smash 4 (8%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Soaring Elwind; one of Robin’s custom moves from Smash 4 (14%, OK knockback)
B + Down : Flux; Morgan sends out an orb of darkness that can be controlled freely and hit targets multiple times (2%-4%; about 17% total, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Pair Up; “Time to even the odds!” Same as Robin’s, but Morgan summons an illusion of the opposite-gendered Morgan.

Gimmick: Same as Robin’s

Taunts
1: “Your flank’s exposed! (Male)/“Just as planned!” (Female) Morgan flips through their book.
2: “Have another! (Male)/ “Predictable...” (Female) Morgan cockily shakes their sword a little.
1+2: “Game over!” (Male)/ “This ends here!” (Female) Morgan holds their sword upwards while levitating their tome.

Winposes
  • 1: “One step at a time!” Morgan levitates their sword and tome.
    • 1a: “Don’t worry, I’m catching up.” (Vs. Robin or Chrom)
  • 2: “Hmph, amateur.” Morgan strikes a pose resembling M!Robin’s Ultimate render.
  • 3: “Now to focus on getting wiser!” Morgan sheathes their sword, sits on the ground, and reads their book.
    • 3a: “At least you weren’t a roach” (Vs. Lucina; male only)
    • 3b: “I…might’ve cheated a little.” (Vs. Lucina; female only)

Applause: Morgan claps their hand right in front of their face.
Icon: Fire Emblem series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Tactical Prodigy
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/4g3o60I2Lpw
Kirby Hat: Morgan’s hair (male or female)
As an Echo, Morgan would be mostly the same as Robin, but with completely different specials and other different attacks.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Please don’t forget to vote for the Poké Pokémon you want to see. Votes close in 6ish hours. Top four win.

Also added a poll about voting on adding additional Mii Fighter classes This could include concepts like Mii Mage.
I think the addition of a fourth mii would be a waste of resources. That being said, we're well overdue for a real magic user, so...
NEW FIGHTER: KAMEK (YOSHI)
1609948361122.png

Kamek is the main antagonist of the Yoshi's Island series, also making consistent appearances in other non-Yoshi Mario games, such as Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Super Mario Party.

What would he do in Smash? Kamek would be the first true magic user in Smash, using his staff as a melee weapon for a few attacks, but mostly using it to cast spells. He could also be a "summoner", creating various enemies from Mario's history, and then buffing them how he sees fit (both abilities seen in NSMBW).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but here goes:

Character 1
Edelgard von Hresvelg
Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Edelgard.png

Now before you mention it, yes, she is "aNotHur Fiy Emblerm rep", but HEAR ME OUT. Edelgard's signature weapon is not a sword, but rather, an axe. For those not paying attention, axes are a bit underutilised in Smash. This would make her a slow yet powerful character to play as. Think Byleth, except the only weapon they can use is the axe.

As for why Edelgard? Well, like it or not, Fire Emblem is considered one of Nintendo's main franchises, with Three Houses being a massive success. With it, Edelgard has quickly become one of the most popular characters in the series, due to her complex nature and motives. I feel like if Three Houses were to get a second rep, it should be her.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Up Special should be swapped out for a completely different move, albeit one copied from another character: Sky Uppercut (reskinned Hadoken)
Not to be that guy, but Ryu's Up Special is called Shoryuken.

Anyways, if you wanna flesh out your ideas for your candidates' moveset, we have a thread dedicated to that.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
maybe there's a way to implement that in somehow.
(PLEASE PARDON ME IF THIS IS OUT OF PLACE. IT LOOKS APPROPRIATE.)The cheater motif should be represented by fourth-wall-breaking moves, such as flipping the screen, or disrupting opponent controls

Ganon
View attachment 298483

As we know from Skyward Sword, Ganon is the embodiment of evil that was influenced from the curse uttered by the Demise, a king of demons. His curse was such that it would follow the reincarnated the three forces: Link, Zelda, and Ganon throughout history. Ganondorf is one just aspect of my his evil which took human...errrr...Gerudo form. We have tons of amazing content from the 3D era of Zelda but nothing from its more 2D era. The one actually aspect we have in character form is Zelda’s A Link Between Two Worlds appearance.

Ganon as a character would be entirely appropriate for Smash given just how much impact this force of evil has had in the series. It’s driven much of the plot of the series and influenced the events in many of the games; most notably in Breath of the Wild with Calamity Ganon. This Ganon, however, would drawn from the original game, A Link in the Past, Link’s Awakening, Oracle series, Four Swords, and A Link Between Two Worlds.

Gameplay wise, he would be very unique with what I call a beast warlock. Ganon would be even larger than Bowser with a more upright posture and has extremely long range that rivals even Sephiroth thanks to his long limbs and his spear. All of his attacks hit hard and some have superarmor though he does have some start up lag. His spear and raw strength isn’t his only good points as he can utilize powerful arcane spells. This includes producing homing Blazing Bats, create an orb of lighting that shoots different directions, teleportation, mouth blasts, ground pounds, and transforming into a bat. while it’s enticing to also allow him to summon common Zelda enemies, that might be pushing it.
I also think an emphasis on his original appearance's ability to vanish should be made.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Fighter 1: Impa

Not just any impa, but the impa design from Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. People have been clamoring for an original Zelda newcomer for over a decade now, and Impa seems like the perfect fit. Imo the reason more Zelda newcomers haven't been added is because many only appear in one game despite being popular (Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Midna) and they may not be seen as important enough considering they are more one off characters. In the case of the current age of Zelda, the champions are all cool, but its hard to make a case to pick one over the other. With the new game recently released, Impa looks to meat the criteria perfectly for smash. Impa has appeared in some capacity in almost every mainline Zelda game, she would be another addition to the cast of female fighters, and most importantly her moves has immense potential. Many have thrown around the idea of her being a sheik echo, but I don't think that would work. Even though they are both ninja style fighters, impa plays very differently than sheik in her many appearances.

As far as what she would do, I picture a fusion of sheik and joker with a hint of greninja. She would of course use her dagger in normal attacks. I think the thing about her with the most potential is her ability to create phantom versions of herself. The potential is absolutely here for something awesome. Perhaps there can be a meter that depending on how full she can summon clones of herself. This would work like joker rebellion gauge and clouds limit break, where if the meters full she can summon four clones, if the meters half she can summon two, and if its only a quarter of the way full she would summon one. Every time a clone is summoned the meter completely empties. This would create an interesting dynamic, do you use the clones now or wait till you can get more? They could do less damage and can be swatted away with one hit for balancing reasons.

For anyone who's not sold I linked a video showcasing her moveset in the game below. I recommend checking it out as it really demonstrates how cool this character could be in smash.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My votes for Pokéball Pokémon

1: Cramorant
2: Snom/Frosmoth
3: Galatian Stunfisk

Also Fighter 2: Dark Bowser (14E)

Originating from Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story, Dark Bowser would be an Echo of Bowser. This will also be the first time he would be playable. Also he could be the first Mario and Luigi RPG series Rep.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Character 1

Ashley

Ashley is a character from the WarioWare franchise, She is a witch and can cast several spells along with her companion Red. Wario was separated into his own series and has yet to get a second character. Ashley has already made an appearance as an Assist and since Wario land is MIA Ashley seems like the next logical character

Ashley would be a caster and could even combine the frantic gameplay of WarioWare, Ashley's spells would also be a combination of more traditionally spells in a game (Fire, Thunder, Sleep) and more humorous spells that relate to WarioWare and even the greater Wario series as a whole.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Character 1

Krystal

Krystal | Nintendo | Fandom

Krystal is a character from the Star Fox series. She is a magical staff user and a telepath and would likely use these attacks in her moveset. She has been a major character in multiple entries in the Star Fox series, including Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, and Star Fox Command. She has made an appearance as an Assist Trophy in Ultimate and has been one of the most highly requested characters for the past several Smash games. She has also been one of the cameos on the Lylat Cruise stage.

She would be the first Star Fox representative with a completely unique moveset rather than as a clone or semiclone of a pre-existing Star Fox character. She would have a lot of potential for a fun character to play on the roster and would give us another magic user.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
An Echo character from a first party franchise
Untitled.png

Octoling from Splatoon, an Echo Fighter of Inkling.
They would use the same attacks and weapon types as Inkling, but use different specific weapons that would affect how they play.
  • Inkbrush -> Octobrush. Slower, but longer reach.
  • Slosher -> Explosher. Slower, but more powerful.
  • Blaster -> Grim Range Blaster. Slower, but longer reach. (Grim was specifically chosen due to how similar the appearances of the default and Range Blasters are.)
  • Splattershot -> Octo Shot. Functionally identical.
  • Splat Roller -> Dynamo Roller. Slower, and doesn't bury opponents, but does more damage and gives super armor during it (though only temporarily).
  • Splat Bomb -> Suction Bomb. Does more damage, but doesn't roll and lingers for longer before exploding.
Their new Final Smash would be Booyah Bomb. Octoling hovers in the air while holding a large ball of ink. A reticle appears on screen (a la Giga Bowser Punch or Lightning Chariot), and when B is hit again or time runs out, the Octoling throws the bomb to that spot, where it explodes in a large, swirling burst.
If the game would seek to avoid multiple characters using the same ink colors in a single match, a full eight new ink colors would be necessary. One potential lineup, mostly utilizing colors from Splatfests, is listed below. (Assume that Octolings would adhere to the same "odd = female, even = male" pattern as the Inklings.)
Untitled.png

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
1609951210636.png

Character 1 - Lyn
Lyn is the sole survivor of the Lorca tribe, a nomadic group of people from Sacae. The daughter of the princess of Caelin and the chieftain of the Lorca, Lyn lived a carefree life in Sacae until a gang of vicious bandits attacked. After defeating her bandits and building up a small army in the process, she would later ally with Elliwood and Hector to thwart a plot that would destabilize all of Elibe, and the entire world.

Outside of the setting, Lyn is a very popular character, especially in the West. She was the first Lord Western players saw beyond Marth and Roy in Melee, and won Fire Emblem Heroes' first Choose Your Legends poll (Through a technicality; If both Ike designs are counted together he edges her out by about a thousand votes. Still, first place females and seconds place total is pretty darn impressive).

Lyn would be the first "normal" katana user in Smash (Sephiroth is discounted from this status because Masamune is just so frickin' long and works differently than a normal katana as a result). She would focus on quick strikes to rack up damage, backed up by a unique quirk to her sword attacks: Endlag cutdown.
Usually her attacks have almost no startup lag but high endlag, but actually landing a hit decreases the endlag. This encourages Lyn to get up close to deal damage. This is notable because most swordfighters rely on spacing to some degree, making use of their long disjoints, so Lyn being a rushdown swordfighter helps her stand out against the crowd.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Character 1

Giovanni

B6C44F31-A19D-4175-9514-2A9E7BD55EEF.png

Giovanni is the leader of the criminal organization known as Team Rocket (and later Team Rainbow Rocket). Team Rocket is a powerful underground organization dedicated to capturing powerful and rare Pokémon to take over the world, by any means necessary. Besides being the boss of one of the greatest criminal empires of the Pokémon universe, Giovanni is also the Gym Leader of Viridian City’s Gym in the Kanto Region.

Giovanni would finally give Pokémon an official villain in Smash. Giovanni could represent the criminal organizations in the Pokémon games. Giovanni continues to be relevant and popular in the Pokémon universe with his continuing appearances in the main series, spin-offs, anime, etc. Giovanni could be given a shirtless alt from the anime.

Giovanni has a lot of potential with his moveset. He could use one, two, or three Pokémon. Giovanni could even go toe to toe in boxing gloves against the other fighters. For my main idea, Giovanni would definitely use at least some Pokémon in his moveset. I would say his Final Smash would be using his criminal organization and their Pokémon as backup (like from BrawlFan1’s Video).

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Character 1
The papery, flat version of Mario that originates from the Paper Mario series, it's, well, Paper Mario! He's here to represent a genre of Mario that Smash has yet to cover, and is here by popular demand! But wait... he's not alone it seems...
1609961578211.png
1609961664076.png

That's right, coming all the way from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, all of Mario's partners have come to join him in battle! Boasting a mechanic of swapping out partners to take advantage of new attacks and abilities, reminiscent of the first two Paper Mario games, and with plenty of other abilities, moves, and references sprinkled throughout the moveset, together they make...

Paper Mario & Pals!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Status