• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could they Work In Smash?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
At most I'd consider her a Spirit. Anything else, not really sure.

Dirk the Daring (Dragon's Lair)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Probably not, I dunno how expensive it would be to pay for the rights to use car brands, but I'd imagine it'd be quite expensive. I don't know if the same could be said for the Mercedes cars in Mario Kart 8.

Berserker (Dungeon Fighter Online)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yes (purely for the fact that we still don't have a mainly ice-focused character)

Zenyatta (Overwatch)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
He could work. He could use his Orbs of Destruction.

Destiny Islands (Kingdom Hearts) as a stage

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Would certainly work. The wide variety of Badniks could make it a lot more powerful and a very unique boss to fight.

Akuma as a semi-clone of Ryu. Not an Echo like Ken.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
He could work. He could hit harder and move faster.

Rabbid Mario as a skin for Mario

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
It could work but it shouldn’t happen. Reducing the Rabbids to skins of characters they’re based on feels wrong to me, cause there’s just so much personality in them that should really be given it’s own moveset to shine in (for better or for worse, however you see the Rabbids).

Mappy

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, as long as you take a similar moveset design approach as with Pac-Man - maybe with a slightly heavier emphasis on general Namco arcade elements.

Dr. Light (Mega Man)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sure. You could se up bloons and then pop them. Potential for some really fun combos

Big the Cat

D

Deleted member

It's definitely doable. Have a moveset that involves him being chased by animals and getting his opponents caught in the stampede

Francis York Morgan (Deadly Premonition)

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played the Witcher and no little about it, but, guy with a sword that uses magic, definitely would functionally work. And I kind of want to see it just to be smug about all those characters saying "Smash Bros. characters must originate in a video game!" Because there are no rules for inclusions.

An Advance Wars character. Someone said Andy earlier on the thread but was only met with a "Sure, yeah". If you think an Advance Wars character could work, please tell me how they could function to represent their game (and if possible, who you'd pick).

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
And I kind of want to see it just to be smug about all those characters saying "Smash Bros. characters must originate in a video game!" Because there are no rules for inclusions.
I don’t wanna start an argument here but this is like, pretty much the only rule Sakurai ever mentioned. But idk maybe that would change in a Smash not ran by him…? But we’re getting off track.

An Advance Wars character is absolutely possible. I would personally love to see one of them piloting a miniature tank in battle. And let’s not forget that Sami was fully planned to be introduced in Project M before it’s development shut down, so obviously there have been moveset plans for a character from this series that would’ve worked.

Stunfisk

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
It couldn't work. It has no offensive abilities.

Doomfist as an echo fighter of Little Mac

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
No because it didn't originate in a video game

A Subway sandwich could function as a lightweight character that attacks by using its ingredients as weapons. Unfortunately however, due to the fact that I do not know which ingredients were featured on the specific Subway sandwich you had for dinner today (which is, as the prompt clearly declared, exactly which specific sandwich we are judging the potential of here) I cannot actually provide any examples of what the attacks may be.

One of the more complex MultiVersus characters being backported as a Brawl mod

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
I don’t wanna start an argument here but this is like, pretty much the only rule Sakurai ever mentioned. But idk maybe that would change in a Smash not ran by him…? But we’re getting off track.
I think I might make a thread later about how it's actually been debunked already and the origin of various Smash characters.
Yeah, for sure

View attachment 363201
Pete (Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons)
Well he has something to swing, so he's good.

Snake from the popular late 90s mobile game Snake.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I think I might make a thread later about how it's actually been debunked already and the origin of various Smash characters.
Of course there’s a few special cases like ROB or some Pokémon having made anime appearances first but it’s still characters intended for games. We’re never gonna get someone like Shrek or Iron Man as long as Sakurai runs it (which he probably won’t be in the next game anyway)

anyways

Snake would be fun but I’m not sure what it could do for a moveset. It would be a good assist and I’d love it as a stage.

Wii Balance Board

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
He could work. He could be a heavier version of Sora.

Octostomp (Splatoon) as a boss

D

Deleted member

Sure could. Feels like an easy one to translate. A lot of dodging

CATS (Zero Wing)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom