• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i would still never play seth
from an abel main, i <3 watching online tony and sabre. just gets me so HYPED. resets out the everything

also, nicki minaj. discuss.
sexy abels are sexy

shiro

nicki is sexy. her style is pretty cool. she has some bars. seems to me she stripped down gaga and repackaged her, but thats just me

over all she on point

but i expect many ppl here to hate, esp one in particular......

trademark0013

Smash Champion
@ swift: yea watchin that stream was pretty beast that day. i never watched anything livestreamed b4. its an amazing experience

@noodles: yo i yelled **** mad loud in my dorm when i missed that ex legs , ex legs, ultra. i did like forward RH instead. idk if u saw it. i was tight. lol. GGs. ur gettin too good.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Stupid boards crashing every day

I just watched Requiem for a Dream and Pakman was absolutely right, I never want to see that movie ever again.
Don't you kind of want to never take an advil again for fear you're addicted to them? Fantastic movie.

"What Dreams May Come" was a good movie.

Smooth Criminal
ugh what?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I like SF 4 alot, but the original SF 2 had the best music in the series, hands down.

*Goes back to listening to Blanka's BGM*

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EofELGOcBg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EofELGOcBg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yo noodles you gettin super on the release or soon after? I want to come over alot or have you come over alot.

/mooch

I know everyone here has a triple but Ima probly get an arcade xbox 360 cuz its very likely that I will not be buying anything other than ssf4. I would wait for the PC version but like they're reluctant to port it but will most likely do so since the arcade version is coming out in like July/August, 2010(a date that should be pretty reflective on when SSF4 PC should roughly be released). I really dun wanna wait THAT long. With my luck I'll get an xbox 360 and the game etc and some 1337 crack will emerge early.(the game is PC developed and its cabinet is windows XP based so an early crack emerging doesnt seem too hopeless).

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, they cracked the new BlazBlue a few months ago, so I'd say it's only a matter of time.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Don't you kind of want to never take an advil again for fear you're addicted to them? Fantastic movie.
YES it scared me completely, VERY disturbing. And Jennifer Connelly is tied with Scarlett Johansson as the most beautiful actress imo but WOWOWOWOWOW at the ending JUST WOW I cannot believe that happened. Talk about hitting rock bottom

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I know everyone here has a triple but Ima probly get an arcade xbox 360 cuz its very likely that I will not be buying anything other than ssf4. I would wait for the PC version but like they're reluctant to port it but will most likely do so since the arcade version is coming out in like July/August, 2010(a date that should be pretty reflective on when SSF4 PC should roughly be released). I really dun wanna wait THAT long. With my luck I'll get an xbox 360 and the game etc and some 1337 crack will emerge early.(the game is PC developed and its cabinet is windows XP based so an early crack emerging doesnt seem too hopeless).
The Xbox 360 version is faster than the PS3 version by a good 2-3 frames. Tournament players play PS3. Just get a PS3 if its strictly for SS F IV.

Totally love how you'd love to play me too Swift considering I'm probably the most hyped about the game/know the best about the game aside from Dazwa. Nice fellow.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
The Xbox 360 version is faster than the PS3 version by a good 2-3 frames.

first can you link me to a source that states that super(or sf4 ) is 2-3 frames faster on xbox? I honestly do not think that you were making a reference to the FPS of the game because that has nothing to do with how fast a game is.(example: lightning melee does NOT go up in frames per second) So like this is why im asking for a source of that info.

Tournament players play PS3. Just get a PS3 if its strictly for SS F IV
West Coast Warzone for the past 2 years has used xbox 360s. I watched the stream last weekend and they played matches(high profile and low profile ones) on xbox 2nd year in a row.

also the vernon SF players I met were playing on xbox360. If it were THAT important(kinda like how important the speed difference is between marvel on DC is in comparison to xbox/ps2) my guess is that they would've brought their triples with them.

I know that EVO is using ps3 as a standard. Another factor in choosing ps3 was the flexibility with controllers/sticks. Parts for building/customizing/modding stick are much more accessible for the ps3. Also the japan standard other than arcade cabinet has been ps3 iirc.

Totally love how you'd love to play me too Swift considering I'm probably the most hyped about the game/know the best about the game aside from Dazwa. Nice fellow.
I didn't say anything about exclusively playing noodles. He is more convenient by a relative margin to play. he goes to school 5min walking distance from my house and his home location is closer. Its logical

I DO WANNA PLAY YOU TOO but having some "knowledge" about a game isn't gonna make be all on your balls like you may have expected. I honestly could care less about the frame data etc you know. why? cuz I can go and read the same spreadsheet and stuff and do my homework like any other competitive fighting game player would. Dun act like you have some exclusive access or that you're NEEDED cuz you aren't. Nelson is the most convenient, there's no hierarchy in my mind regardless of what you may think. I much rather play cort than anyone in here in melee, but I dun travel to his house everyday right?

TL DR; I want to play with everyone but nelson is the most convenient. You seem butthurt for some reason. Its not like I said I want to ONLY play with nelson cuz thats just silly. Enthusiasm and knowledge is great but it wont make me be on your balls ESPECIALLY when the game has yet to be released and JUST A WEEK AND A HALF AGO had its final version tweaked and finished.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
u talk about all this sh*t u have in life (all this being two things that u think make u better than others) but ur still a b*tch and the quality of ur life and ur value as a person is far less than the majority of the smash community.
K; that still doesn't negate the fact that the Smash community is generally a bunch of people who do not have:

-Ample Amount Of Cash While Traveling (this inconveniences others around them because people have to pick up off of their inability to come prepared and pay for their stuff/venue fee/food etc. It's not a bad thing to do, but it budget wise inconveniences others.
-Motivation (everyone for the most part is lazy; no one wants to go to peoples place....everyone wants people to go to them. The Melee community is immature, whines, and complains about everything.)
-Transportation To Events (constantly need people to pick them up)
-Jobs (You play a video game competitively and travel 'all of which i've mentioned before that people really don't have the money for' but you dont have reliable income past the age of 18? How is this a good decision?)
-Cars
-Respect For Waiters/Waitresses/TO's/Venues/Venue Fee (Generally, smashers are inexperienced and don't understand how to treat people. This is due to age/experience and immaturity.)

How many times do you go to an event and hear people ***** and complain about five dollars? Or to Money Match for the venue fee? (Sound familiar? Pretty sure you did this at Jams last tourney. LOL) How many times do you hear in the community about someone paying for something for someone and they never pay them back? Or how they got a bad bracket (but everyone else was generally happy) and they're gonna ***** about it for an hour?

Please, you try to argue that the Smash Community is generally not like this and everyone is up to snuff.

This applies to a good bulk of the community but there are plenty of people who I've met that I found are really fun to be around and love to see them.

Cog: Should I make a list? :chuckle: I won't.

there are just so many things that turn me off from the community sometimes and it makes me step back and say, "Are you serious?"

The problem with MVC is the fact that at the highest level of play all it is is mashing out infinites and creating 0-death combos that are inescapable. I could never take that game to a series level. The combos that people pull off with Sentinel, Storm, and Magneto in MVC2 just make the game not fun. Dooms infinite is dumb too.

I can only play that for fun.

rofl
pof only hangs with that high class crowd ya dig
Not really, more like a crowd that is not immature and dumb.

guys, POF has a car and makes mad bank delivering pizzas and hangs out with girls ALL THE TIME so stfu
No, I have morals.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
YES it scared me completely, VERY disturbing. And Jennifer Connelly is tied with Scarlett Johansson as the most beautiful actress imo but WOWOWOWOWOW at the ending JUST WOW I cannot believe that happened. Talk about hitting rock bottom
*** TO ***! *** TO ***! Yeah pretty much rock bottom lol. Keith David is so great in that movie.
Also Jen Connelly in Mulholland Falls and Rocketeer >>>>> anything with her in the past 10 years. She got super skinny and rumor is got a boob reduction :confused:

Eva Green, gents.

Eva Green.
is really hot.

K; that still doesn't negate the fact that the Smash community is generally a bunch of people who do not have:

-Ample Amount Of Cash While Traveling (this inconveniences others around them because people have to pick up off of their inability to come prepared and pay for their stuff/venue fee/food etc. It's not a bad thing to do, but it budget wise inconveniences others.
-Motivation (everyone for the most part is lazy; no one wants to go to peoples place....everyone wants people to go to them. The Melee community is immature, whines, and complains about everything.)
-Jobs (You play a video game competitively and travel 'all of which i've mentioned before that people really don't have the money for' but you dont have reliable income past the age of 18? How is this a good decision?)
-Cars
-Respect For Waiters/Waitresses/TO's/Venues/Venue Fee (Generally, smashers are inexperienced and don't understand how to treat people. This is due to age/experience and immaturity.)

How many times do you go to an event and hear people ***** and complain about five dollars? Or to Money Match for the venue fee? (Sound familiar? Pretty sure you did this at Jams last tourney. LOL) How many times do you hear in the community about someone paying for something for someone and they never pay them back? Or how they got a bad bracket (but everyone else was generally happy) and they're gonna ***** about it for an hour?

Please, you try to argue that the Smash Community is generally not like this and everyone is up to snuff.

This applies to a good bulk of the community but there are plenty of people who I've met that I found are really fun to be around and love to see them.

Cog: Should I make a list? :chuckle: I won't.

there are just so many things that turn me off from the community sometimes and it makes me step back and say, "Are you serious?"

The problem with MVC is the fact that at the highest level of play all it is is mashing out infinites and creating 0-death combos that are inescapable. I could never take that game to a series level. The combos that people pull off with Sentinel, Storm, and Magneto in MVC2 just make the game not fun. Dooms infinite is dumb too.

No, I have morals.
ROFLMFAOAODASOQWOQOOBBQ please if we all bother you so much just leave.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Guys, you need to stop quoting POF. It's the only way I see his posts and I would appreciate if you all respected my right to ignore his ***********.
Stop getting butthurt when someone makes sweeping generalizations about a group that you're a part of. Discrimination and prejudice are essential to society!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
*writes 6 paragraph post*

*bad gateway 504...problem?*

god**** boards. i think i'm going to put a keylogger onto my own computer so i can recover **** in instances like that.

also, i'm so glad 90% of the things i judge people on aren't involving, derived from, or espoused by money.

i'mma go play blitzball now until kosy comes to norman because the characters and storyline in ffx are terribad.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

high rollers only baby
eat the poor

hey guys come to my place to smash you guys should come to my place to smash hey come to my place to smash come on guys

also if that's about the community then you fit right in.
**** the poor die poor die
o ur 2 young lol u sux **** u

the only two people who really do this have had scandal threads about them. you don't travel anyway.

man pof i'm so down with this hate the poor attitude
also hating on youngsters i am so down for this

yeah man forget the poor forget that we go to restaurant outings that the people who we are going with might not normally do and are clearly stretching their budgets immensely to extend their good time with the rest of the smash group
yeah **** good times also i forgot about that

lol once again, two scandal threads.

rofl i played you in a friendly at p4 with my falcon
i won

you complained about the matchup for the rest of the time i friendlied with you at that TV

yeah man every single smasher that i've met by staying in a small area and not traveling is the vast majority
oh yeah also when have you ever done anything with the community other than complain about it rofl

you should try reading your posts

the problem with you is you're wrong and also wrong.

HIGH CLASS ONLY MAN U HEER ME
IF U DUN AGREE WIT ME OR TOLERATE MY ASININE AND BASELESS ARGUMENTS THEN UR IMMATUR AND DUM

No, I have morals.
i lol'd

also making everyone think you are dumb doesn't make you a good troll, especially when the opinions you post are your actual opinions

Top Bottom