• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
POF you talk about SF a lot.
Yeah, I'm interested in the scene and want to go to a couple of tournaments.

Still going to play Smash, but my primary focus is going to be SF for a bit. I can be much more local with it.

-Everyone I've met so far has a car and doesn't act dirt poor
-Answer any specific questions I have about things
-Community is very friendly thus far and really nice.
-There is news EVERY DAY on SF where as the news flow for Smash is incredibly slow for Melee. (I could honestly care less about new tactics in Brawl unless it pertains to Marth)
-Very interesting to watch matches considering there is going to be a wide assortment with the 10 NEW characters added.
-Although Smash has multiple characters to have fun with (Ganon, Falcon, Bowser, Ness, etc) I have more fun with the likes of Vega, Dan, Gen, etc than I do with Mewtwo, Kirby, Ness, and Roy now. SF characters imo, are overall more fun to **** around with. Running around and taunting scrubs w dan is too fun.
-They have a new game coming out where as smash has nothing upcomming or any form of hype train.
-New Frame Data to learn/read is really fun IMO.

Smash frame/hitbox data:

Shine: 1 Frame
Marths fair: 4
Falcons dair hitbox: dumb
Every one of Fox's hitbox's: lol, reverse f tilt.

I also think SF frame data is much more important because:

breaking attack strings, fast anti air reactions, combo into super from jumping kick if it comes out on frame 1 (Abels and kens do)

Ryus Shoryuken all are 3 frames (Why wouldnt they be? lol, I can't wait till 19 days when he is nerfed)
Kens is 3rd frame on HP so its good to buffer hp for him as opposed to lp
Sagats EX and regular tiger shot all come out on the same frame...no speed up.

SF frame data also incorporates stun, which helps you dizzy people faster. Some people focus on Stun, while others....Damage.

High level Kens actually use EX hurricane kicks in combos more so than EX Shoryuken because it inflicts more stun and sets up a guessing game at the end of the attack and still leaves the opponent standing...but gives Ken frame advantage. It's cool.

Funny Random Fact: Did you know you can combo either Sagats EX High or Low Tiger Shot FULL SCREEN into the opposite tiger shot EX'ed? Doesn't matter which one you choose first. That's how you know he is dumb.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah this is a Smash Bros. forum after all which is why we only talk about Smash Bros. and nothing else.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yeah this is a Smash Bros. forum after all which is why we only talk about Smash Bros. and nothing else.
yep

speaking of which, I'm done with my Volvo. I bought myself a certified pre-owned 2010 Death MachinePrius last week. It's pretty ****, and also it means that I'm a better human being that all of you rednecks who hate the environment.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
this guy in AZ got up to 95mph. He tried neutral to no avale. He then applied the handbrake while holding the regular brake. He got it down to 55mph. the brakes started to burn. He was only saved by the cop who put his car in front of him and held his brakes.

Its was on Yahoo news like a month ago.

Wes I'd really make sure that you get tat **** checked out or w/e. Prius is serious business. U r smart tho, I have faith that you already did or are planning to.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
ssssshhhhhhhhhh

I like how virtually all car makers have had the same accelleration problems for years yet toyota gets **** on
but yeah wes plz don't die k?

sleepy I think modern cars cannot be turned off when in gear or something

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
oic.
hmm, isn't this just the most widespread strain of acceloproblem pandemic? that would explain its eminence in the newzsrs

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I don't know enough about it to really make any definitive judgements but I do know that news is pretty silly sometimes. Usually in the summer when there's no new TV on. Remember the kidnapped kids news summer? Or the mine disaster summer?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol, 95 in a Prius. I'm sorry, but I do think that constitutes a certain level of driver error.

mah one had the software **** done to it, so it's kosher, and it doesn't have stupid floormats either, so yea, it's fine. I'm honestly not worried about it, I do believe there's a legit issue and that Toyota should work on charisma among their execs, but it's not really widespread enough for me to be any more concerned about it than I am of some random ****tard with a .30 BAC driving the wrong way on the highway :(.

SleepyK

we can talk about whatever.
so i really like playing as dictator in any game he's in.
i want to learn sf4 (or ssf4) but i can only play on pad and my xbox is banned.

i don't have anywhere near enough dollars for a stick. is it still worth it

trademark0013

Smash Champion
-Everyone I've met so far has a car and doesn't act dirt poor
i caught this subtle insult and will reply with a direct insult:

u talk about all this sh*t u have in life (all this being two things that u think make u better than others) but ur still a b*tch and the quality of ur life and ur value as a person is far less than the majority of the smash community.
yep

speaking of which, I'm done with my Volvo. I bought myself a certified pre-owned 2010 Death MachinePrius last week. It's pretty ****, and also it means that I'm a better human being that all of you rednecks who hate the environment.
but it also means ur gay

/counter(ignorance)atk
awesome

SleepyK

rofl
pof only hangs with that high class crowd ya dig
the disenfranchised? man, **** 'em. it's their fault for not having 14k in the bank

vintage

Smash Cadet
Anyone up for smash tonight? I can't drive though cause my car is in the shop. :(

And, yes, I see all of the recent car posts... great timing. :p

SleepyK

capcom is a smart business.
they are following trends.
certainly mvc3 will probably follow the trends.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
guys, POF has a car and makes mad bank delivering pizzas and hangs out with girls ALL THE TIME so stfu
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I lol'd.

Edit:

Stupid boards crashing every day

I just watched Requiem for a Dream and Pakman was absolutely right, I never want to see that movie ever again.
See the underlined text.

I thought that said "What Dreams May Come," bro. I was gonna be all like, "novice moviegoer disagrees with you" Thumbs. "What Dreams May Come" was a good movie.

Smooth Criminal

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Seb I'm right there with you, and I think I was the one who said that for you a long time ago.

I saw it once and thought it was a phenomenal movie, but I never want to ever see it again. Not at all.

Also, Fringe is starting to look like it's starting to mirror the mythology of Heroes. Like, when Heroes' mythology became stupid.

Not a fan.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, that movie is just too real and too creepy and too strange and too extreme for me to ever want to watch again. Not to mention I hated one of the main characters, but that was her point I guess. Man I remember when Heroes was good, back in 06-07 holy **** so long ago. I stopped watching the show entirely 2 eps into the second season.

Top Bottom