• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
judgin from this, i'd say hawk isnt charge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYrsNRHFJl8
I'm the direct opposite on both pad and arcade stick. I hate Guile, Bison, Chun Li, and Vega with a passion. Balrog is just too easy to use from charge. His mixup game is dirty and its so easy to combo his ultra. You have to work much harder with most charge characters.

@ POF... nah T hawk isn't charge... and yeah, charge characters are real good, no hate :D
I haven't seen you in forevvvvvveeeerrrrrr.

Codys moveset is incredibly easy. Looked it up the other day. Ibukis is really straight forward.

I dont know how people dont like the QCF characters more than charge. I can't stand charge because it commits you to one of two actions throughout the entire match and makes it pretty obvious when you are trying to attack where as with QCF things come out much faster.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Can anybody comment on if this is worth it? http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=245831&t=1962090

I still haven't gotten a flash cart for my DS. Nick has been telling me that CycloDS is good, but it seems expensive. This is $12 for what looks like a good cart.

I mainly want to play old school emulators like NES/SNES, and also make backups of my current games so I can have them all in one spot.

Comments/suggestions anyone?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Can anybody comment on if this is worth it? http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=245831&t=1962090

I still haven't gotten a flash cart for my DS. Nick has been telling me that CycloDS is good, but it seems expensive. This is $12 for what looks like a good cart.

I mainly want to play old school emulators like NES/SNES, and also make backups of my current games so I can have them all in one spot.

Comments/suggestions anyone?
This is also a great card. Its #2 on the tier list of awesome cards.
-DD

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yezzir. startin to get into it with a few ct smashers/friends
nicee, you have on xbox or ps3?

Balrog is just too easy to use from charge. His mixup game is dirty and its so easy to combo his ultra. You have to work much harder with most charge characters.
nah man.. rog is easy to pick up.. but he's hard at a high lvl play.. lol his mixup game is trash.. he's really straight forward. His goal is putting someone in the corner.. and yeah, he's probably the most predictable character in the game. Not to mention, yeah he can combo into his ultra madd easy, but it does **** damage.. a smart rog keeps it until he really needs it :\ But whatever, he's my baby :D I main balrog n ken, i **** around wit akuma and bison though.

wall of teeeext >_> yeah you should hit me up on xbox if you have it--> Deeeeejay XL

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Balrog is just too easy to use from charge. His mixup game is dirty and its so easy to combo his ultra. You have to work much harder with most charge characters.

I dont know how people dont like the QCF characters more than charge. I can't stand charge because it commits you to one of two actions throughout the entire match and makes it pretty obvious when you are trying to attack where as with QCF things come out much faster.
Balrog isnt anymore easy to use than other charge characters. If anything he'd be harder cuz his links are technical

and there are many reasons y
nicee, you have on xbox or ps3?

ps3

nah man.. rog is easy to pick up.. but he's hard at a high lvl play.. lol his mixup game is trash.. he's really straight forward. His goal is putting someone in the corner.. and yeah, he's probably the most predictable character in the game. Not to mention, yeah he can combo into his ultra madd easy, but it does **** damage.. a smart rog keeps it until he really needs it :\ But whatever, he's my baby :D I main balrog n ken, i **** around wit akuma and bison though.

wall of teeeext >_> yeah you should hit me up on xbox if you have it--> Deeeeejay XL

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Charge characters often get benefits to make up for their commitment, oftentimes in the form of having absurdly good normal moves.

Except Guile, he sucks. I hear they're cutting his charge time in Super though, that's neat.

They could someone explain the deal with the japanese name switching with street fighter?
Boxer's original name was "M.Bison," an obvious play on Mike Tyson. When they brought SF over to the states, translators worried about legal issues surrounding the parody, and rather than **** with Mike Tyson (because nobody ****s with Mike Tyson), they just reorganized the names. Dictator swapped from Vega to M.Bison, Boxer swapped from M.Bison to Balrog, and Claw swapped from Balrog to Vega. Apparently this was a double bonus for translators, because they weren't sure if Dictator's original name "Vega" would properly translate as a menacing name for American audiences.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I guessed all of what daz said about the names.

Im also guessing that theres no coincidence in Ken and Ryu's name being the ending syllables to most likely the most idolized/commericalized move since the series began. sho ryu ken

How does I done the math?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
why did you show me this

i can never lay eyes on a woman again

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Balrog isnt anymore easy to use than other charge characters. If anything he'd be harder cuz his links are technical

and there are many reasons y
I really think Balrog is much easier to learn than Guile, Vega, Honda, or Blanka.

Vega gets destroyed by a majority of the cast and suffers from soooo many anti air characters and constant pressure.

Hondas foot speed is really bad and it is really easy to see his anti air coming. (at least guile and rog have crouching HP...which is far more reliable)

Guiles normals are gutter trash and his flash kick has low priority. Have you seen his Ultra? LOL. There are like NO setups for this. I can't remember the last time I saw this fully landed. IMO, guile has two special moves....sonic boom and his air grab.

Balrogs mix up game is dirty, he gets in REALLY FAST, has his charge move to go through projectiles, arguably the best jab in the game, (crouching and standing. The range on his standing jab is dumb. lol.) Ultra is solid, has two armor breaking moves (Focus is not > than good Balrogs) and has his vertical jumping hp to get over campers much like Honda.

I really don't find rog to be as difficult as Bison and everyone else. I'm not great with him, but I have a good grasp of how to play him.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
They could someone explain the deal with the japanese name switching with street fighter?
you talkin about the vega/bison/rog bull****?

it's like.. originally....................

Boxer = M. Bison.. supposed to be a spin off of Mike tyson.. obv.
Vega = Dictator
Claw = Balrog

yeah.. it's somethin like.. they didn't wanna get sued by mike tyson or some ****, and that "vega" didn't sound like a good name for the villain in america. So they just did some switching.

Balrogs mix up game is dirty, he gets in REALLY FAST, has his charge move to go through projectiles, arguably the best jab in the game, (crouching and standing. The range on his standing jab is dumb. lol.) Ultra is solid, has two armor breaking moves (Focus is not > than good Balrogs) and has his vertical jumping hp to get over campers much like Honda.

I really don't find rog to be as difficult as Bison and everyone else. I'm not great with him, but I have a good grasp of how to play him.
uhm.. yeah, rog is probably the best charge character.. C.hp.. yep, really solid AA, and he definitely has the best jab. Focus does **** on rog.

trademark0013

Smash Champion

ZoSo

Smash Champion
So, after wanting to see it for awhile, I watched 2012 last night and was shocked at how horrible it was. Anybody else have a similar reaction?

Top Bottom