• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm a pretty big PB&J hater, but I still think that thread is too much. if it could've been an announcement that was closed asap, that would've been fine, but the way the thread has played out has only made me sympathize with the guy for getting publically gangbanged by people who have no place talking (alex strife's comments in the thread come to mind).

You have serious problems, fine, bring them to light, but don't just be like, "lol, banned, let's share stories about why we hate Evan that aren't related to why he's banned."

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
PB&J sounds like a funny guy.

What are the chances professors can change your grade after they submit it? This dude gave me a C and seeing how nothing I did ever dropped below an 80, I don't see how its possible...and I was thinking about *****ing.

*shrug*
Also, I trust everyone until I have reason not to :D!
-Nick

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I'm a pretty big PB&J hater, but I still think that thread is too much. if it could've been an announcement that was closed asap, that would've been fine, but the way the thread has played out has only made me sympathize with the guy for getting publically gangbanged by people who have no place talking (alex strife's comments in the thread come to mind).

You have serious problems, fine, bring them to light, but don't just be like, "lol, banned, let's share stories about why we hate Evan that aren't related to why he's banned."
I wish I could address this appropriately enough, but I'll just have to explain things to whoever wants to listen at the hotel for Pound. There's SO much more to this story than what people talked about in that thread.

I didn't want all those details out there either. When I encouraged posts like Marty's [GA Peach], I thought he was just gonna roast him since that kinda thing is his forte and I KNOW he had a lot to say on the matter.

But honestly, they had their reasons [...most of them, that is]. I'll leave it at that.

In any case, he had this coming: humiliation and all.

I wish saying "you'll just have to trust me on this" could REALLY suffice, but obviously there are way more questions than answers at this point.

....but you'll just have to trust me on this >_>
(until Pound 4! I'm not gonna obliterate the kid in an unfair degrading fashion...with the exception of several vocal impersonations...but I'll just tell the story.)

Also: When people ask why he kept getting away with his shenanigans, he's very good at making people sympathize with him and give him the benefit of the doubt. We (GA, ATL South, and even some WC and NY players) were all fooled by him. So yeah, sympathizing with him only makes it easier for him to just brush this off and NOT change.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
PB&J sounds like a funny guy.

What are the chances professors can change your grade after they submit it? This dude gave me a C and seeing how nothing I did ever dropped below an 80, I don't see how its possible...and I was thinking about *****ing.

-Nick
Was there part of the grading criteria that you didn't get any feedback on which might have affected you grade? Something like attendance/class participation or anything? They should still be able to change the grade... I know at WPI there is at least a grace period for a few weeks after the term ends. Probably wouldn't hurt to at least ask how he/she ended up on your grade.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Its a pretty epic video if you don't count the terrible footage :D!

Was there part of the grading criteria that you didn't get any feedback on which might have affected you grade? Something like attendance/class participation or anything? They should still be able to change the grade... I know at WPI there is at least a grace period for a few weeks after the term ends. Probably wouldn't hurt to at least ask how he/she ended up on your grade.
>_> Yeah...I was at all but one class, and I was pretty vocal in class discussions that I could contribute to. Heck, a couple discussions were focused on things I said.

The only thing I could think of would be the final project, but that would have come out around an 80, high 70s at least, and everything else should have put it into B Range.

*shrug*
I'll email the man!
-Nick

Niko45

Smash Master
Personally I think it was definitely the right thing to do. Just from my experience with similar types of people, especially pathological liars, you really have to publically humiliate them to even have a chance of getting through to them because you have to remember, they are lying to themselves too.

No sympathy, even for the broke/needs a shower jokes. No excuses for taking advantage of your own supposed friends.

pockyD

Smash Legend
If you're going to call him out like you did, you NEED to provide the stories. Nobody wants to just "trust you" when deciding to completely ostracize a player from the community; they need the freedom to make that decision for themselves. Cutting someone out isn't simply something people do without thinking

If you never intended to rally up public support behind you to achieve your goals, then yes, you did go about it completely the wrong way

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I am a cheap smasher sometimes. But for the most part I am smart about it. I dun goto outback steakhouse with 8 bucks.

The PBnJ thing was a bit much but I mean its plank what else would you have expected? He is probly one of the most graceful dancers. I respect him for the fact that he has flawlessly danced on the fine line between a-hole and a pri nice guy for such a long time.

/salute

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea, I mean, I'm not saying doing something was wrong, I'm just saying this whole, "just trust me" reasoning turned it into a public airing of grievances with PB&J, all of which were not the sort of thing that would justify the player being banned from a major. I do trust that there was some valid reason, but you can't expect the same from people who don't know you or PB. The only way to legitimize your complaints is to not withhold the reasoning.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Regarding Pocky's and Mogwai's posts:

What I originally had planned was to post the letter that I wrote to Evan's family which detailed EVERYTHING that has gone on [it's 4,200 words long].

I was going to put everything out there.

After WEEKS of discussion with GA players and others involved in a variety of incidents with Evan, the consensus was to have a general outline of what he has done [see Plank's first post]...thinking that would be enough to explain the ban.

Obviously that wasn't enough.

The details get very personal and I struggled a lot with not posting them, as much as I wanted to.

For the most part, GA Smashers [namely Mike G] advised against it.

I'm reconsidering my decision to keep the full story off the boards.

I'm not sure how I feel about that at the moment.

We'll see, I guess.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Regarding Pocky's and Mogwai's posts:

What I originally had planned was to post the letter that I wrote to Evan's family which detailed EVERYTHING that has gone on [it's 4,200 words long].

I was going to put everything out there.

After WEEKS of discussion with GA players and others involved in a variety of incidents with Evan, the consensus was to have a general outline of what he has done [see Plank's first post]...thinking that would be enough to explain the ban.

Obviously that wasn't enough.

The details get very personal and I struggled a lot with not posting them, as much as I wanted to.

For the most part, GA Smashers [namely Mike G] advised against it.

I'm reconsidering my decision to keep the full story off the boards.

I'm not sure how I feel about that at the moment.

We'll see, I guess.

toasty perhaps you/mike/marty/whoever else should announce a chat session or something where only you can invite/kick people. Let people know when you are going to do it(or just do it whenever and invite who you want). Use that to explain things how you want and/or answer questions. posting it on boards would be dumb and the thing about the chat is that it'll filter folks no matter which way you do it. this way you will only get the ppl who actually care about the topic and/or the people you want to disclose info to.

pockyD

Smash Legend
there was no real outline though; the "outline" was effectively "he's real shady and has done some bad things, trust us"

you obviously have no problem dragging his name through the mud, as you making like 10 new threads about it demonstrates, so may as well actually go all the way and justify your feelings

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
All of this BS is pointless because Red-heads are superior to everything.

Discuss.
Dave makes my pants uncomfortably tight, i agree.

....but you'll just have to trust me on this >_>
(until Pound 4! I'm not gonna obliterate the kid in an unfair degrading fashion...with the exception of several vocal impersonations...but I'll just tell the story.)

Also: When people ask why he kept getting away with his shenanigans, he's very good at making people sympathize with him and give him the benefit of the doubt. We (GA, ATL South, and even some WC and NY players) were all fooled by him. So yeah, sympathizing with him only makes it easier for him to just brush this off and NOT change.
TOASTY'S ****ING LOOOOAAAAAAADEEEDDD

Personally I think it was definitely the right thing to do. Just from my experience with similar types of people, especially pathological liars, you really have to publically humiliate them to even have a chance of getting through to them because you have to remember, they are lying to themselves too.

No sympathy, even for the broke/needs a shower jokes. No excuses for taking advantage of your own supposed friends.
Niko is correct on the pathological liar part. From how he wrote his apology post, i'm pretty sure he's not actually going to change anyway.

SleepyK

i think pb&j is the only person i have honestly had problems with.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I just remembered I should start uploading vids from the recording at Jam's.

ROFL @ Having almost an hour's worth of Marc 3 and 4 stocking all of us scrubs.

-DD

'Ejo'

Smash Rookie
I live in that big fat state Other Name: Larx
is District 9 a good movie? my parents bought the movie on blue ray so the only way i can watch it is on the ps3 in the living room when everyone goes to bed. they said they didn't like the movie so i don't want to waste the time if it really did suck.

SleepyK

i liked it and though it was an interesting idea that was stretched a bit too far.
the short film had more of an impact on me without the added hollywood-ness, but it's a good movie.

Top Bottom