• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
If you're going to call him out like you did, you NEED to provide the stories. Nobody wants to just "trust you" when deciding to completely ostracize a player from the community; they need the freedom to make that decision for themselves. Cutting someone out isn't simply something people do without thinking

If you never intended to rally up public support behind you to achieve your goals, then yes, you did go about it completely the wrong way
what are the chances that ten people are lying as opposed to one? and considering pbnj's response post was pretty much an acknowledgement and apology, it would be odd to question the validity of people's accusations at this point. that's hardly even the point, though...at no moment did any smasher who was a part of this decision judge or ostracize anyone who was defending pbnj, in fact people like toasty even want to explain in a situation where idiots are demanding stories like they deserve to know everything about a smasher's personal life since they're in the same community. it's planks tourny, he can ban whoever he wants, and explain it however he wants. either agree and move on or disagree and boycott *pound* or something. angrily and rudely suggesting that you deserve the right to judgment in this situation is ironically employing the same tactics you're accusing people of using vs pbnj.

i actually don't care either way, i've never and probably will never see pbnj and have no intention of going to *pound*, i just don't follow your logic.

someone got me chocolate coins thinking i was jewish. ******, free chocolate.

also, darc, my best friend is spending a year in korea then beijing. be jealous.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I totally would have seen it before if I could actually see!

LOL I can totally make eye johns for anything.

edit: btw does she go to allkpop?
Yes...I believe so.

I think she told me she checks that site every hour or something o_o;;

>_> ...

<_< I think she just likes to have me around to look pretty...or to clean...because all she seems to do after school these days is listen to/watch KPop while reading/watching Anime/Manga.

t_t;;

Also, I'm trying to Convince Khaly to go to the Super Junior Auditions during the summer in NY.
-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Wow she's more of a Koreaboo than me.

What's her favorite band/song?

LOL Khaly should totally do that. I didn't know he sung though. Or does he rap?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wow she's more of a Koreaboo than me.

What's her favorite band/song?

LOL Khaly should totally do that. I didn't know he sung though. Or does he rap?
Pretty sure her favorite band is Super Junior...favorite song is Sorry Sorry.

Which is why I'm learning the Sorry Sorry dance routine. So she can never say no to me ever again...as long as I do the dance while asking.
Although her Koreaboo-ness is starting to bug the hell out of me.
-_-;

>_> Khaly is mad good at breakdancing, and I assume he can rap. :p
-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Sorry sorry sorry sorry naega naega naega

That's a weird band to be a favorite of. Most people I know aren't fans of SuJu. I love them though

Did she hear the newest version of Sorry Sorry? Called Sorry Sorry - Answer? I assume she has if she checks allkpop that often haha

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Sorry sorry sorry sorry naega naega naega

That's a weird band to be a favorite of. Most people I know aren't fans of SuJu. I love them though

Did she hear the newest version of Sorry Sorry? Called Sorry Sorry - Answer? I assume she has if she checks allkpop that often haha
Yeah, she probably has. Its possible she didn't like it as much because she tends to share everything she really likes with me.

Followed by ignoring or half-attentive conversation on whatever I'm talking about >_>;;
-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Yeah it's a very different song.

Oh I know the feeling haha. I love talking about other people though so it works for me.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what are the chances that ten people are lying as opposed to one? and considering pbnj's response post was pretty much an acknowledgement and apology, it would be odd to question the validity of people's accusations at this point. that's hardly even the point, though...at no moment did any smasher who was a part of this decision judge or ostracize anyone who was defending pbnj, in fact people like toasty even want to explain in a situation where idiots are demanding stories like they deserve to know everything about a smasher's personal life since they're in the same community. it's planks tourny, he can ban whoever he wants, and explain it however he wants. either agree and move on or disagree and boycott *pound* or something. angrily and rudely suggesting that you deserve the right to judgment in this situation is ironically employing the same tactics you're accusing people of using vs pbnj.

i actually don't care either way, i've never and probably will never see pbnj and have no intention of going to *pound*, i just don't follow your logic.

someone got me chocolate coins thinking i was jewish. ******, free chocolate.

also, darc, my best friend is spending a year in korea then beijing. be jealous.
i don't think you even come close to understanding the magnitude of effectively banning someone from the community

it's not something that should be taken or done so lightly

i don't "deserve" anything, but then the same people whining about PB&J go back in and whine about people who say "he never wronged me in any way"... if you want people to sympathize with you, give them something to sympathize about

if you wanted it quiet to begin with as just a one-tournament thing, making a post in every forum was definitely NOT the way to go about it

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i don't think you even come close to understanding the magnitude of effectively banning someone from the community

it's not something that should be taken or done so lightly

i don't "deserve" anything, but then the same people whining about PB&J go back in and whine about people who say "he never wronged me in any way"... if you want people to sympathize with you, give them something to sympathize about

if you wanted it quiet to begin with as just a one-tournament thing, making a post in every forum was definitely NOT the way to go about it
>.> Its just a tournament, not the community.
Its the same thing, just on a smaller scale, I suppose...
-DD

pockyD

Smash Legend
if it was just a tournament, then it certainly didn't merit its own thread, and definitely not 5-10 of them

it's pretty clear (and even toasty and whoever admitted it) that this has been a long time coming and isn't a reflexive 'hey let's ban him from the next one and see what happens' thing

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
if it was just a tournament, then it certainly didn't merit its own thread, and definitely not 5-10 of them

it's pretty clear (and even toasty and whoever admitted it) that this has been a long time coming and isn't a reflexive 'hey let's ban him from the next one and see what happens' thing
>_> Yeah, thats true.
*sigh* People are pretty ravenous.

On another note, anyone here know how to use flash? I wanna make a quick game because I'm bored =[.

Just uploaded Jam's set vs. some Marth. Now uploading PoF v. JV.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Next up after PoF's set is Sol v. Banks.
Woo!
30 minutes per video to upload...>_>;;
-DD

Cort

Apple Head
*pound*

eat poo flavored pocky, pockyd.

DD what's your yt channel?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I beat Solar in a Money Match.........probably should not have said that?

<3 Banks!

Banks is my favorite Sheik...no homo. SPAWN plays too gay. (LOL Marc, I know you're proud.) Come over and hangout soon w Demetri.

noodles

Smash Champion
I guess we're better than banks garrett XD

DD you might have my mm with him. game one was on bf i think

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol, seeing his posts in every thread now... he's not going to change and the apology is clearly bs.

i knew iiiiiittttt

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yay for two smashers being worse than me.

PBNJ and Sora. *high five*

I'm heading home in like 20 minutes to North Haven. Anyone want to play smash for a little while at my place?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yay for two smashers being worse than me.

PBNJ and Sora. *high five*

I'm heading home in like 20 minutes to North Haven. Anyone want to play smash for a little while at my place?
>_> They're not really trolls though. They're more like goblins.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
From what I've seen, Smashers are generally either kinda dickish or straight up amazingly nice. Not anything in between.

I've never had problems with Evan, so I'm not gonna say anything. He's still cool in my book. I feel for everyone who's had issues, really, but I'm not going to have a problem with someone because of someone else's issues. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt with me until they prove, to me, that they're not worthy of my trust.

Like Toasty. Totally violated my trust when he promised me Ness dittos and didn't make time for them.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
From what I've seen, Smashers are generally either kinda dickish or straight up amazingly nice. Not anything in between.

I've never had problems with Evan, so I'm not gonna say anything. He's still cool in my book. I feel for everyone who's had issues, really, but I'm not going to have a problem with someone because of someone else's issues. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt with me until they prove, to me, that they're not worthy of my trust.
Totally how I feel too!
-DD

SleepyK

Like Toasty. Totally violated my trust when he promised me Ness dittos and didn't make time for them.
Totally how I feel too!
-DD
let me just say this: the "x has done bad things to my friends... but has never done anything to me, so x is cool still" is a terrible mentality. if someone has done bad things to people and continues to, they aren't good people.
ex) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249529
john keough has never done anything to me, so he's all right in my book, eh?

I said
Ignoring faults because they haven't happened to you is akin to refusing to change your oil because your engine hasn't exploded yet.

then dazwa said:
dazwA070 (3:59:25 PM): it's more like thinking you're in the clear because your friend was the one that got shanked by the mugger
This is a particular problem especially when it is quite clear that X has wronged many, many people and yet because smashers tend to be good and kind, they will give people the benefit of the doubt.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Fair play to that, Sleepy. I can dig that totally.

I can fully understand where you and Dazwa are coming from. I just don't like seeing it as an issue of right or wrong. We both got our viewpoints on the issue and, to be honest, I think it's something that can be applied on a case-by-case basis.

I pretty much try to keep everything on a case-by-case basis, but I get that sometimes, that frankly doesn't work.

I'll rephrase. I TRY to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

SleepyK

i understand what you're saying and i also like to give everybody multiple chances.

btw your photobucket bandwith is exceeded

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Uploading the last Solar v. Banks match now. Gawd its taking forever to do these.

Anywho, I don't know who PBnJ is, and I don't think I know anyone personally who hes betrayed, so I really don't fall into that category. :3

But uhh, there are some people that I trust, then there are some people that I trust.

Like, with the friends of Sandra I meet for the first time. I test them by telling them I have a huge surprise for Sandra. The last one I met I told her I was going to ask Sandra to marry me at the end of the month. :3 Turns out Sandra found out and I had a good laugh about that. Works like a charm.

Which I'm fairly certain is just an unrelated story xD!

-DD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
you obviously have no problem dragging his name through the mud, as you making like 10 new threads about it demonstrates, so may as well actually go all the way and justify your feelings

I've been at work all day so I can't give a lengthy response.

::EDIT okay so obviously it's a pretty long post but I've kept this response window open since 8:08, which is the last time I read any posts in this thread, and I've come to the computer throughout the night to finish the post::

But for now:

Pocky, even if you're being facetious, don't go around saying I made 10 threads about it or that there were a bunch of threads made [unless there are more than the two I'm aware of, not including Evan's response].

I was pretty emotionally invested in the whole ordeal and when everything finally happened, I got all too enthusiastic about it and like a child I went around screaming it everywhere so I hit up a bunch of my subscribed threads and posted the link.

Then, figuring WC pretty much hated him [I was told that YOU posted that Evan was the most hated person on the WC some time ago...after Genesis XD] I made a post in the first listed Pac West tourney thread since I didn't know the best place to post. Then someone in that thread suggested I just make a thread in the WC Social Forum. So that's what I did.

Also:

It isn't so much a "I demand that he be banned from the community" because we can't force the community to make that call...though to be truthful, that's the desired effect as far as people directly associated with these incidents are concerned.

Some are more lenient than others but there's a pretty direct correlation between how much they know about the situation and how harsh they feel the consequences should be.

As far as disclosing all the juicy details that people are so eager to hear:
Even if I decide they should be disclosed, I need to discuss it further with everyone involved because some people may not be inclined to have certain details publicly broadcast.

So basically you can expect one or both of the following:

- Full Disclosure on the boards of everything that has happened so that the community as a whole is made aware and can then make the decision on their own

- Full Disclosure by me (and others involved who choose to join me) personally at Pound 4 at the hotel [not at the tournament because 1) it will take WAYYY too much time from the event...like...HELLA long. The SHORT version of the story takes 20-30 minutes to tell. 2) I just don't want that kinda thing being present during the actual tournament...and yes there's a difference between it happening at the hotel and at the venue.]

Is that fair enough?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Windwaker in HD is so sexy T-T...
I might consider buying an HD Wii if they release one...except not really though lol.
-DD

_milktea

Smash Lord
People should get off Toasty's nuts. He's one of the most nicest, generous, people ever. Therefore the fact that he's for posting such things should say something about the situation.

Top Bottom