• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

bolt.

Smash Ace
I'm buying the hotel for pound right now, so everyone from around New Haven: Don't worry about the hotel situation. Ummm, we can do payment stuffz later, pound 4 is my Christmas present so I don't mind paying for all of it, for now. =D If anyone else already did this please tell me. Thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I'm buying the hotel for pound right now, so everyone from around New Haven: Don't worry about the hotel situation. Ummm, we can do payment stuffz later, pound 4 is my Christmas present so I don't mind paying for all of it, for now. =D If anyone else already did this please tell me. Thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
holy **** ****

thx so much. I will pay you my part when prompted.

who wants to drive to central NJ sunday for a tourne featuring lovage? stares at *trademark*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*drools* What would the cost be to partake in this D:!
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Merry Christmas everyone!

I've been playing Smash 64, and it reconfirmed just how much of a quantum leap forward Melee was.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Actually, Toasty, I was suggesting that the lady was considering doing the Haruhi Christmas cosplay.

But if you want to, you know, whatever. But I gotta ask for upfront payment because I heard that you're ****ing looooooooaded, man!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
;D would be great before january 7th that way i have some things to listen to on my mp3
Holy crap, sorry I totally forgot. I'll get to work straight away.

EDIT- Does (or did) anyone here watch Heroes? If so, what went so wrong in the show in seasons 2 and 3?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
if there was a part in a movie that sylar was born for.................it was spoc in star trek (2009). that movie was honestly the best mainstream action movie I have seen this year.

Wow he played the hell out of spoc.

<3 sylar

S l o X

Smash Champion

EDIT- Does (or did) anyone here watch Heroes? If so, what went so wrong in the show in seasons 2l and 3?
I dont remember the seasons specifically but they have been trying way too hard to make more characters and abilities. The story was great in the beginning and now we have like three antagonists . Its not really BAD but its worst than the beginning. One thing I like is the character development, even though it jumps around...a lot. iirc the beginnning was a lot of random stuff and then being put together, nowadays its just straight to the point since the eclispe happened and basically everything is bleh.
^useless? most likely didnt help? :/ seems like writers stopped trying. government stuff went bleh, villains bleh, i probably enjoy the little bit of character dev. over the fighting now, if that says anything.

sylar as spoc for me at first was wtf? and after the movie i was in awe. my father is a fat guy with nerd insides and basically guarenteed the movie was gonna make my top 10, it did. (considering i dont watch movies (:)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master

EDIT- Does (or did) anyone here watch Heroes? If so, what went so wrong in the show in seasons 2 and 3?
Not enough character development, too much mythology, and hanging onto characters that absolutely needed and deserved to be killed off. What made the first season so amazing was the connection to the everyday. We knew these characters, but we didn't. It was fresh and not bogged down in the entanglements of sticking to mythos. Keeping everything vague and unexplained (while still having a clear protagonist and idea as to what the 'final conflict' would be) was what made it so riveting. Later seasons introduced throwaway secondary characters with such great potential that get killed off before the season ends (Knox, Adam, Claude, etc). A season of Heroes should end with about half of its MAIN cast dying. Nikki, Claire, the entire Petrelli family. F
u
ck em all, start over. Keep it fresh. But they instead made the entire storyline overwrought with complicated mythos (combined with too large a cast to prevent any significant, non-cliche character growth) that is what kills most major Sci-Fi series and comics later on.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, as much as I absolutely adore Battlestar Galactica (and highly recommend it), they had a similar problem with sticking to the mythos at the end of the show.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Everyone says that exact same thing, Jam.
I mean, it doesn't ruin the show or anything, but it does put constraints on what the writers could do in the final season. And even though the plot gets a bit muddied, the characterization is still top-notch.

Top Bottom