• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I would def like to, but things have been way too busy at this point. It's hard for me to make it out to Hartford, since we only have one car.

Being an adult with a career puts a major cramp in my metagame.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
as soon as we walked out of Avatar, me and my little brother discussed the imba issue of ultraling dark swarm TvZ

S l o X

Smash Champion
:/ rich people. lols (:
-
edit: too many smiley faces in my posts.
i need to add some people to my ignore list (icg?)
i hate the holidays ): if anyone is op for manana post or something. im not sure if colin is and i probably wanna know asap because i dont want to wake up extremely late

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm considering flying to Pound 4, but I'm looking for people from New England to travel with/wondering what fares are like this close to the event. The cheapest I've been able to find is close to $200.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Swift how did I never notice your location?

*pound*
=)

kinda in anticipation of what her album will sound like next year.

Regardless of that, Ed Banger has one hell of a squad for European dance stuff and by squad I mean Justice and Mr. Oizo(when he decides to not try to give people ear hemorrhages in his albums and puts on great live shows and does crazy remixes like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV77pPcXzKM&feature=related

Justice of course is the full package atm. Dunno how long that will last but they are making a run in the steps of daft punk(dun think they will be as long lived tho)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Mmmm Justice =D

There was a time when I listened to "Planisphere (Final)" twice a day for like 3 or 4 weeks haha...

When I first got the track, I had it on my new mp3 player and just clicked "play all" and "shuffle"...so I actually heard that part before I heard the other 3 parts leading up to it. I can't tell if that's a good thing or not. Either way, I love the first three parts but when it gets to the Final "chapter" it feels disconnected...mostly because of the heavy dance/techno feel of all three parts and the obvious _____ feel of the last chapter...that and the Final chapter is good enough as a stand-alone song.

Also, I may be a bit late on the whole xmas thing, but check this out, listen, and enjoy =D

[and donate to the charity!]

http://8*****ristmas.com/

EDIT: LMFAAAAOOOOOO it's 8. Bit. Christmas. LOL didn't expect that to be censored
[audio player is the white rectangle on the bottom left side of the screen]

ZoSo

Smash Champion
you can't just carpool with roman zoso?
Yeah, that's my backup. I'm just wondering if the convenience of flying is worth the cost. If I'm gonna be paying $200 to fly, I'm gonna say definitely not.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Yeah, because Pakmans making us food and

Food + second best Luigi + Best Marth = Cool Event.

LOL
i totally read that as second base luigi

either i'm stuck on mario baseball or pakman's been secretly putting the moves on me

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Mmmm Justice =D

There was a time when I listened to "Planisphere (Final)" twice a day for like 3 or 4 weeks haha...

When I first got the track, I had it on my new mp3 player and just clicked "play all" and "shuffle"...so I actually heard that part before I heard the other 3 parts leading up to it. I can't tell if that's a good thing or not. Either way, I love the first three parts but when it gets to the Final "chapter" it feels disconnected...mostly because of the heavy dance/techno feel of all three parts and the obvious _____ feel of the last chapter...that and the Final chapter is good enough as a stand-alone song.
yea agreed about planisphere 4. My fav of them is the shortest one unfortunately, Part 2. I always picture planisphere as being used for an AMV or like as background music for someones independent youtube vid. just sounds so epic and obscure at the same time.

I like when ppl say "omg justice is cool DANCE is awesome".......lol dance is the tip of the iceberg. They have way better tracks than that. I would say that my fav tracks would be.......

We are your friends
phantom(delete remix)
nazis (remix)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
i totally read that as second base luigi

either i'm stuck on mario baseball or pakman's been secretly putting the moves on me
LOL. I've always wanted to play Mario Baseball. My friend from Southingtons roommate is like ****ing INSANE at Mario Strikers. He'll destroy anyone.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yea agreed about planisphere 4. My fav of them is the shortest one unfortunately, Part 2. I always picture planisphere as being used for an AMV or like as background music for someones independent youtube vid. just sounds so epic and obscure at the same time.

I like when ppl say "omg justice is cool DANCE is awesome".......lol dance is the tip of the iceberg. They have way better tracks than that. I would say that my fav tracks would be.......

We are your friends
phantom(delete remix)
nazis (remix)
oh snap...forgot all about part 2! [probably because it's so short :(] soo good though...

I need to check out those songs...I've only heard remixes and the live remix of We Are Your Friends but I haven't heard the others...thanks =D

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Mario Tennis for 64 and GB is ****ing RAPPEEEE. It was mad cool cause you could take your created guy from GB and port him to your 64 and get extra characters from 64 and port them to GB.

Does anyone remember doing this for Mario Golf and Pokemon as well for Pokemon Stadium? Ahh, the good ol days.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Also, I may be a bit late on the whole xmas thing, but check this out, listen, and enjoy =D

[and donate to the charity!]

http://8*****ristmas.com/

EDIT: LMFAAAAOOOOOO it's 8. Bit. Christmas. LOL didn't expect that to be censored
[audio player is the white rectangle on the bottom left side of the screen]
This is gooood. And it goes to child's play? *thumbs up*

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
^^^^^^^^^^ Me (A possibility)

Who are you going with?

Also, I need some advice

I started an event on FB for New Years like yesterday night for a party at my place and was like, "yeah, whatever....last minute....i'll get a decent turnout. Maybe not A+...but i'll get some people over."

but now a couple of my friends are like "hey, lets do this" and my friend katie invited me up to New Hampshire to see her and meet her friends. I already backed out of one of my parties and dont want to create a "boy who cired wolf scenario." though.

What should I do?

I was thinking to wait out my party to see the attendance and then if it sucks go on up to NH?

S l o X

Smash Champion
If you leave the few people thatd probably be worst than just cancelling the small event. I think you should stick to your originally plans. . . even if you dont like it )=

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so i have not watched a tv show regularly since like 2003...what am i missing out on? like i said a couple weeks back, i like lie to me but i just showed interest in that because of tim roth...
i don't like house, heroes, and many more but i'm willing to hear every suggestion now because
I JUST WATCHED CHUCK AND HOLY **** IT WAS AWESOME. (quite possibly i'm overhyping due to lead actress being hottest chick ever, but still good)
so if anyone has a suggestion of a good tv show in like the last 7 years i want to hear it. apparently there are some gems and i need to find them :D

Top Bottom