• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Cort

Apple Head
So our flight from D.C. to White Plains NY last night was one of the worst experiences of my life. Literally thought we were ****ing going down several times. Makes me scoff at all the people bouncing around in their seats whenever there's a plane crash on TV or in movies. We're talking massive drops where you lifted off your seat, huge sharp side to side lurches/jerks... yeah **** planes man... **** that
lol turbulence

I wish pound wasn't 3 days :/

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I still think that video is the sole reason 99.9% of foxes are horrible
yea you right. on that note......an interesting point someone made to me about how m2k kinda set a bad example for marths. since there arent so many and ken/azen were becoming dated.....I guess he was the only one to follow.

you guys are aware that pound4 reg closes kinda soon? in like 2-3 days. better sign up while you can. yes there will most likely be an extension(even tho plank says DEF NOT) but like dun take the chance, cuz he WILL be a d!ck about it if you ask him to reg after it closes for good.(being a d!ck rightfully so IMO)

S l o X

Smash Champion
yess. great experience. :D
almost died tasting a jalapeño jelly bean. oh god that was horrid. oh and i slipped down 4 stairs and acted like it didnt happen XD
ct is a great placee. hope everyone is as nice as him

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
almost died tasting a jalapeño jelly bean. oh god that was horrid. oh and i slipped down 4 stairs and acted like it didnt happen XD
Pft. I'm the nicest in CT. Then Alex[Silas], and I guess Bolt can be third.

=D Weeee.

Although I'm sure if Bolt works hard and gives away enough food, he'll move up in the rankings.
-DD

bolt.

Smash Ace
I noticed that but didn't want to say anything because you played it off so smoothly. Lol.

Pft. I'm the nicest in CT. Then Alex[Silas], and I guess Bolt can be third.

=D Weeee.

Although I'm sure if Bolt works hard and gives away enough food, he'll move up in the rankings.
-DD
=D
Want to play melee again soon?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Does anyone want to come over right now and play melee?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5fLFGF0QQ&feature=related

<3 Darc!!!!!

I cried. I'm not kidding. You had this ****. That rest was bull crap.
I'm expecting a one word answer here...

Am I wrong in thinking that landing a phantom hit simply means you actually MISSED but you were about as close as you can get to hitting [the hitbox and hurtbox touch but never overlap]?

The reason I ask is because I want to continue telling people to stop *****ing about phantom hits...they just didn't have good enough spacing/timing for that specific situation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong [really, I'm not assuming I'm right].

bolt.

Smash Ace
It happens when the outermost layer of the hitbox hits the outermost layer of the hurtbox. So its not random at all, and people should stop *****ing about it because a phantom hit should happen in that situation. I don't get why we would keep on getting mad at the game developers over this. =/

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Who wants to come over for Melee today in North Haven?

I can't drive anywhere because my car is getting repaired.

Smashfest maybe?
I would but I don't have a car either >.>

I was driving up to Springfield for an internship interview today and I was behind a truck and a piece of ice came flying off the top of it and it went trough my roof.....

S l o X

Smash Champion
fml dad left early so i couldnt ask for a ride sozz pof. (i also woke up really late)

just realized tomorrow is new years eve :/ means i have to spend time in the bx with family. )):

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm expecting a one word answer here...

Am I wrong in thinking that landing a phantom hit simply means you actually MISSED but you were about as close as you can get to hitting [the hitbox and hurtbox touch but never overlap]?

The reason I ask is because I want to continue telling people to stop *****ing about phantom hits...they just didn't have good enough spacing/timing for that specific situation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong [really, I'm not assuming I'm right].
You don't really miss. IIRC phantom hits usually occur when the hitbox and hurtbox are tangent to one another and for some reason you get damage but no physical results like knockback or tumbling. Probably an oversight on the part of the developers.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
...oh man...Rashida Jones...

*swoons*

Edit:

@ Joey - alright so while it's not a "miss" I wouldn't consider it "bullsh*t" either [not that you said so, just directing that at the masses]. I mean...if I try to punch you with all my force...but my fist just baaarely grazes your cheek, you wouldn't get the full impact of my punch JUST because I technically made contact with you, right? I mean you might get that little cheek-cut from every ****ing anime ever, but that'd be the brunt of the damage...so phantom hits...actually make sense?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i'm up there, nick
:D Yeah you are.

I would but I don't have a car either >.>

I was driving up to Springfield for an internship interview today and I was behind a truck and a piece of ice came flying off the top of it and it went trough my roof.....
Ohshi-
I always have a fear of that. I tend to drive either really fast to avoid trucks or really far behind in other lanes so I don't get smooshed.

Who here thinks Marth is the second best character in Melee?
SBR?
Therefore...90% of the people who read the tier list that don't question it. Its kinda a lot of people.

I kinda don't.
-DD

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Who here thinks Marth is the second best character in Melee?
i think rly highly of marth but me saying that he is 2nd best goes against my logic. i rly rly would love him to be 2nd best or even 1st, but in reality hes like 4th or 5th imo. I think he is more comparable to peach/cf/jiggs now which is a shame.

falco/fox

jiggs/cf

marth/shiek/peach

doc/ganon/samus/mario

dk/luigi

everyone else

those are tiers \ they areny in any particular oder amongst themselves but thats how I would group them

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I was debating with Noodles, Trademark and Vintage last night and they all firmly agreed that Marth is second best.

I do not agree with this.

Falcos only bad match up is Jigglypuff and MAYBE IC's. Even w Sheik, beats Fox slighty, and even w marth.

At low to mid levels of play Marth looks godlike compared to Fox but at higher levels Fox and Falco run laps around everyone.

Top Bottom