• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^^ Me (A possibility)

Who are you going with?

Also, I need some advice

I started an event on FB for New Years like yesterday night for a party at my place and was like, "yeah, whatever....last minute....i'll get a decent turnout. Maybe not A+...but i'll get some people over."

but now a couple of my friends are like "hey, lets do this" and my friend katie invited me up to New Hampshire to see her and meet her friends. I already backed out of one of my parties and dont want to create a "boy who cired wolf scenario." though.

What should I do?

I was thinking to wait out my party to see the attendance and then if it sucks go on up to NH?

If you gonna go just go. No use in pulling ppl back n forth

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
so i have not watched a tv show regularly since like 2003...what am i missing out on? like i said a couple weeks back, i like lie to me but i just showed interest in that because of tim roth...
i don't like house, heroes, and many more but i'm willing to hear every suggestion now because
I JUST WATCHED CHUCK AND HOLY **** IT WAS AWESOME. (quite possibly i'm overhyping due to lead actress being hottest chick ever, but still good)
so if anyone has a suggestion of a good tv show in like the last 7 years i want to hear it. apparently there are some gems and i need to find them :D
OMG ALEXANDER I LOVE YOU CHUCK IS LIKE MY FAVORITE SHOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME BACK THIS JANUARY!!!!!!!!

Umm, as for suggestions (in order):
Dexter
Burn Notice
Community
White Collar

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I remember talk about Bayonetta in this thread and IGN just reviewed the game, here is the opening quote from that review.

- Bayonetta is the best action game I've ever played.

When I say "action game," I refer of course to games like Devil May Cry, God of War and Ninja Gaiden.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
so i have not watched a tv show regularly since like 2003...what am i missing out on? like i said a couple weeks back, i like lie to me but i just showed interest in that because of tim roth...
i don't like house, heroes, and many more but i'm willing to hear every suggestion now because
I JUST WATCHED CHUCK AND HOLY **** IT WAS AWESOME. (quite possibly i'm overhyping due to lead actress being hottest chick ever, but still good)
so if anyone has a suggestion of a good tv show in like the last 7 years i want to hear it. apparently there are some gems and i need to find them :D
The Wire- I just started watching it, but every review I've ever heard has called it the best show of the decade, if not ever

Battlestar Galactica- Great show, plot gets a little wonky towards the end, but still excellent

That's all I've got really, I didn't watch much TV this decade either.

I remember talk about Bayonetta in this thread and IGN just reviewed the game, here is the opening quote from that review.

- Bayonetta is the best action game I've ever played.

When I say "action game," I refer of course to games like Devil May Cry, God of War and Ninja Gaiden.

The only thing that's preventing me from picking up this game is that the PS3 port is apparently awful :(

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Hazy: The first two seasons of Weeds were pretty good. After that it gets more and more absurd and the characters do increasingly illogical and uncharacteristic things to advance the plot and it just kind of falls apart.

Good Eats and How It's Made are both informative and entertaining if you're into that kind of thing.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
That video makes me kind of want to like......

learn Fox

wait no, never.

but he looks so fun

yeah, it was a cool video. lol The Marth combos made me gasp in excitement. <3 Marth. I've been thinking about it lately and I think there is way more to Marth than people think.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
if by people you mean people who aren't high level players, then yes, but that is applicable to all characters.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=D I'll start playing Marth. Chances are hes easier than Fox.

Then again, I'm pretty proud of my recent acquisition of Tech Skill, so I think I'll pass.

Need to learn how to play more Sheik match ups...maybe I'll read/watch videos on it.

=| I'm pretty bored lol.
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That combo vid was orgasmic. Some of the combos in it were just hilarious. Extremely impressive tech chases I must say.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
probly the future of spacies rite thur
>_> Swift, do you play the Green Marth? I'm pretty sure you played a couple matches at my setup and got recorded, so I was just wonderin'. I think you played Noodles? Maybe? *shrug*
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> To be fair, they were playing a bunch of friendly matches with the intent on making a combo video, so the bad DI may or may not have been subconciously done in order to set up for more epic combos.

Its all about the mindset. They were playing to combo and be combo'd, not to win.

Also, I really wanna make a [Peach] combo video with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzm153cW3U8

Except maybe a heavier club/techno mix of it...

>_> With some good editing and effects, it would probably be awesome.
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Haze, link me to your Ness matches! (please? <3)
i was playing like poop that day because i was running the tournament/off 2 hours of sleep (c wat i did thar?) but no johns. here are the ones from le tourny, in a couple weeks or so i'll have some decent videos up since i'm going all ness ('cept maybe not v kos-mos) in our first new monthlies...plus there'll be a little combo vid/montage of scud and i soon so check that toooooo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SBFJace#p/u/5/LLvbbqS55PI
http://www.youtube.com/user/SBFJace#p/u/4/QP87sXsMlxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_rd9PbtljU

Hazy: The first two seasons of Weeds were pretty good. After that it gets more and more absurd and the characters do increasingly illogical and uncharacteristic things to advance the plot and it just kind of falls apart.

Good Eats and How It's Made are both informative and entertaining if you're into that kind of thing.
i shall check weeds out, thanks. i like cooking so good eats might also be pertinent.

i'm on it!

OMG ALEXANDER I LOVE YOU CHUCK IS LIKE MY FAVORITE SHOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME BACK THIS JANUARY!!!!!!!!

Umm, as for suggestions (in order):
Dexter
Burn Notice
Community
White Collar
yay marc! thanks for the other suggestions, man. thankfully i found streams of all those shows so i can check out le pilots easy as pie.

hazy , who's this PC guy i saw from that tournament that you uploaded the vids LOL

i dunno, he's in dmac's crew. i think they call him pc because he entered the community with no smash tag and has shaggy blondish hair.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
So our flight from D.C. to White Plains NY last night was one of the worst experiences of my life. Literally thought we were ****ing going down several times. Makes me scoff at all the people bouncing around in their seats whenever there's a plane crash on TV or in movies. We're talking massive drops where you lifted off your seat, huge sharp side to side lurches/jerks... yeah **** planes man... **** that

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Just booked me and Arc's flight for Pound 4. Time to start practicing.

Who wants to come down and play with me and Arc this weekend?

Top Bottom