• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiamjosh

Smash Rookie
ChRed2AKrisp said:
probably.

hopefully no space will be wasted on jiggle mechanics. that would be ********.

As for snake, he doesn't fit because he's realistic. All the other characters are cartoony/anime or w/e. Also, he's froma game that involves a lot of sneaking and slow movement. It'll be strange to be sliding all over the place and double jumping with Snake, it won't feel right..

Well have you seen the new link. He's almost just as realistic as Snake. And Snakes a bad ***.

iiamjosh

Smash Rookie
ChRed2AKrisp said:
Nintendo's not (always) stupid. They know people would get mad. They'll transfer over all the characters, and then they'll try to do what they did after SSB64 --> melee. They'll try to rectify mistakes in movesets. Fox and sheik will get powered down, Pichu and Mewtwo will get bumped up, and they might end up screwing up the characters. Hoepfully not, but that's the reason for new characters, you can't complain and compare to previous versions.

I completely agree. Accept I don't think they should tamper with any of the characters because most of the die hard fans are used to SSBM and wouldn't like it if they crapped fox and sheik down. I don't think they want to ruin this franchise by removing a bunch of characters either.

Zink said:
How did you get from adding more aerial battles to adding more attacks?

They're DIFFERENT THINGS. They aren't going to change the old way to jump and attack in mid air, just put more focus on it.

I already disproved this point.

Why would they change transformations when they're changing aerials? The two aren't related in any way!

That would unbalance the game, not balance it.
saying you already disproved a point means nothing, you have failed to answer how jigglypuff proves you wrong.

besides that, my point is tey can add it and balence other things., none of us know exactly how things are going to play out. my point is that there are possibilities though that they will make alot of changes, as witnessed by your post where you said they were adding a new arial combat system. if they are changing so much, why is it so unreasonible to believe that they would not change other aspect of the game? there is not a single warrant presented as to why this would change the game.

I apologize for the double post, my computer was doing strange things beyond my control

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Alright. I have two theories on how Samus will transform into Zamus.

1. Samus and Zamus will be two different characters. The website said that Zamus was not a pure character addition and that under certain conditions you can become Zamus. Well this could be interpretted this way: Zamus is not a pure character addition because she is Samus. Much like Young Link and Link. Also these certain conditions where Samus takes her suit off could be completing different modes or completing other tasks that unlock secret characters much like the previous games.

2. I like this theory better. Samus has the option of charging her gun even more then in the last games. But if you charge it all the way and fire, you will lose your suit. This way Zamus is not dependent on grabbing an item to do a supermove.

Zink

Smash Champion
saying you already disproved a point means nothing, you have failed to answer how jigglypuff proves you wrong.
Jigglypuff's jumps are actual jumps. So Jiggs has more. So what? It has no relevance. Just because up+B is called the third jump doesn't mean it is one. It's usually just a move that aids in recovery, among other things.
besides that, my point is tey can add it and balence other things., none of us know exactly how things are going to play out. my point is that there are possibilities though that they will make alot of changes, as witnessed by your post where you said they were adding a new arial combat system. if they are changing so much, why is it so unreasonible to believe that they would not change other aspect of the game? there is not a single warrant presented as to why this would change the game.
They're trying to make the game simpler. Why would they add a wierd button combo or add new controls? It would scare off the casual gamer. Besides, they haven't said anything about changing controls, just the aerial game and "moderating the speed". Since it's using the same controller, and they have not announced any possiblity of control change, I assume the controls will stay the same.

Zink said:
Jigglypuff's jumps are actual jumps. So Jiggs has more. So what? It has no relevance. Just because up+B is called the third jump doesn't mean it is one. It's usually just a move that aids in recovery, among other things.

They're trying to make the game simpler. Why would they add a wierd button combo or add new controls? It would scare off the casual gamer. Besides, they haven't said anything about changing controls, just the aerial game and "moderating the speed". Since it's using the same controller, and they have not announced any possiblity of control change, I assume the controls will stay the same.

i can see we will most likely never agree on this issue

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowserlick said:
Alright. I have two theories on how Samus will transform into Zamus.

1. Samus and Zamus will be two different characters. The website said that Zamus was not a pure character addition and that under certain conditions you can become Zamus. Well this could be interpretted this way: Zamus is not a pure character addition because she is Samus. Much like Young Link and Link. Also these certain conditions where Samus takes her suit off could be completing different modes or completing other tasks that unlock secret characters much like the previous games.

2. I like this theory better. Samus has the option of charging her gun even more then in the last games. But if you charge it all the way and fire, you will lose your suit. This way Zamus is not dependent on grabbing an item to do a supermove.
How about this:

To play as either Samus or Zamus you'll first have to pick Samus. When you picked the stage, press A while its loading. Much like the auto-transform to Sheik from Zelda. However there is NO changing back if you pick Zamus for the fight. Neither can Samus switch to Zamus during gameplay.

therealink

Smash Cadet
Gore in Smash??? Don't think that will happen but I'm really not feelin Wario. I am looking forward to seeing Pit though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was expecting Wario to be in SSB even before Melee for I'm happy about that. I can't wait to play as him because I just know he's going to be a laugh riot in his Wario Ware form.

I think Pit's a cool addition. I still really don't know who he is but I wanted to see him anyways because he looked like a decent fighter. It's nice to see old characters getting an update.

I'm not sure what to think of Zero Suit Samus... If you ask me, there really wasn't a point in adding her.

Metaknight was a great character addition but I'm surprized he got in before the much more popular King Dedede. Regardless, this is also another character I'm looking forward to playing as.

Snake was an enormous surprize and I'm still raising an eyebrow about it. I'm aware of the whole "begging" thing but did he really deserve to "cut in line" if you know what I mean? I'm vastly curious to how he's going to play out... (I've never played MGS before.)

Khanczar

Smash Ace
ZOMG i can't wait until they make the final list!

Anyway, Diddy Kong, im pretty sure that it has been confirmed that the transform will occur after the Super move. If it hasn't been confirmed, you can pretty much infer from the vid, it looks pretty obvious >.>

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I t hasn't been confirmed that she turns into Zamus after the super move at all. in the video Zamus was introduced after Samus fires a blast so big that knocked her armor off. I was thinking Samus will work like a Zelda/Sheik thing, if anything. BUT, the guy said that he added her to include more Metroid characters, so that would suggest that she's a seperate character. BUT AGAIN, he said that she removes her suti, meaning it might be in battle. So I guess it's not clear enough yet, but I think it would probably be her as another character in the effort to have more metroid characters.

Spartan 117

Smash Rookie
Zink said:
Or to diversify the game, improve Samus, add a new character, create more possibilites...
It would be cool to have samus as a new character,but on the other hand it would be cool for samus to transform into zamus so you can have both samuses

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
holy crap, we will probably never know until the game comes out. anyway, i am hoping samus transforms into zamus through the same means as zelda/sheik. i wouldn't like the idea of grabbing a smash orb so i can play as zamus. i would like it to be of my own free will. who knows, she could end up as a seperate character.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Dissing Jiggs makes you sound like a noob.

Anyway, back on topic...
Zamus...if I had my way, she wouldn't be in the game, but that's a different subject. I can't see a good way to have her transform. It'd be annoying to have her transform after each super move, and equally annoying to have to wait for a super move to have her transform. All of Samus' B moves are useful, so replacing a move isn't really an option. Having her as a separate character is probably the best, but the Dojo site says that Samus and Zamus will be the same character.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
dante from devil may cry shold be on thier but first anformost sonic and shadow should then megaman he really deserves it more and the double dragons a couple of ninja turtules waluigi better be on there or im going to be pissed and daisy only cuase of peach and the gorons and deku kids a koikori and a zoran and that link on mask of majara yall all know the final mask he gets and he gets these dark powers yall know what im talkin about and young link shoulget the great fairy sword

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Ignoring everything else that was horribly, horribly wrong with your post, Dante has 0 chance of getting into Brawl. He's never, ever been on a Nintendo system, and other than the DMC - RE4 connection, he hasn't even cameo-d in a Nintendo game.

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
back on topic......i to think dat zamus shud b her own character, i cant even think of a moveset 4 ger dat wud even *** close 2 samus's, if she iz not her own character i think they shud make her a optional transformation cuz most likley dat big charge up beam dat she does in da trailer will b her special, if not dat wud suck

I T I

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, they won't be seperate characters. The most LIKELY scenario, considering the precedent of Zelda/Sheik, is that it will use a tech. Zelda/Sheik is the same person in different suits. Samus/Zamus is the same person in different suits. What is all the fuss about?

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
What do you think of these possible Wario costumes

WarioWare(from the trailer)
Wario Man
Classic Overalls
Either Mario Overalls or Waluigi Overalls

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I'd love Wario Man to be refrenced, but I also want Wario's original look to be in aswell just for the nolstagia factor.

iiamjosh

Smash Rookie
Muffin_man said:
Ignoring everything else that was horribly, horribly wrong with your post, Dante has 0 chance of getting into Brawl. He's never, ever been on a Nintendo system, and other than the DMC - RE4 connection, he hasn't even cameo-d in a Nintendo game.
What are you talking about. I am almost positive that there is no connection between Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 4. The only connection I know of is Viewtiful Joe.

EleKrt

Smash Rookie
I have a idea how Samus would turn into Zamus, you hit the transform button and she gets out of her suit but her suit is still there and to transform back you walk back over to the suit and get in it. Just a thought.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Not really a good idea. Someone could just easily knock you back over the suit and force you to transform back. Not only that but people that didn't want to transform back would have to watch there step and that would be annoying to do on certain levels.

King_Nhicko

Smash Rookie
hello guys, i heard that snake will not have any firearms just some type of bombs, but i'd love to Zero suit samus and what she can do with that sword

pirkid

Smash Lord
King_Nhicko said:
hello guys, i heard that snake will not have any firearms just some type of bombs, but i'd love to Zero suit samus and what she can do with that sword
No.
No guns for Snake.
But he gets his rocket laucher, which fits good for Smash Bros. mild violence. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom