• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I agree with TLHM. It would be wrong to have to do the supermove just to transform. That would upset people that eventually want to main zamus. It would also mean that if the uper comes from items and items are turned off that you would have no way of obtaining zamus. I assume it will be a zelda/sheik like transformation.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
BIRDMAN22 said:
I agree with TLHM. It would be wrong to have to do the supermove just to transform. That would upset people that eventually want to main zamus. It would also mean that if the uper comes from items and items are turned off that you would have no way of obtaining zamus. I assume it will be a zelda/sheik like transformation.
If it was like zelda/sheik they would have told us already. infact they already told you how it happens. Its the super move, and i will stick to that story tell the end.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
Kurizu208 said:
No no no no. A pure character addition means be its own stand alone character selectablin the character menu. By zamus not being one that implys she is a branch of of smaus mean zamus needs samus to do something in order to change. The supermove method makes the most sense to the metroid series. Samus' supermove uses up all of samus' power and the suit falls off revaling the woman in it. I would so bet money on the fact that samus has to use her super move to turn into zamus. However im sure they may add in a cheat to turn into zamus rigth away like sheik had. (holding down the b button after you selected the stage.)If enough people hate how she transforms.
Meh. That's your interpretation. It isn't certain how it will happen, I could be right, you could be right. We'll find out.

TLHM said:
yes " And as any onther inigame way would require a loss of one of samus' moves, or some wierd way that wouldn't let you be Zamus when you want to be, Zamus will probably be another character, like YL was.
There is no reason that it would require a loss of one of samus' moves. For example, three of the dpad directions do not get used, ever! And it could use button combos like A+B or X+Y

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Samus_lives_in_Detroit said:
There is no reason that it would require a loss of one of samus' moves. For example, three of the dpad directions do not get used, ever! And it could use button combos like A+B or X+Y
The website says its a condition so im going with what the website shows and say the condition is back fire that samus super is so stron her suit falls off and there you it is you have zamus. I belive what the trailer should us. the trailer told us how the super move is pulled off, and how you get to play as zamus. i doubt either factor will change

ue6joW

Smash Apprentice
but once youve possibly used a super move to turn into zamus, will it take another to become reg samus again? or are you stuck as zamus until you lose a stock? i think you should use samus's super move to become zamus, but one of zamus's b moves should turn her back into samus.

ShadowWalker

Smash Rookie
It would be a shame if Samus needed the special move because as mentioned there would be no way to become Zero Suit Samus with items off. I think a big chunk of people don't use items either. Hmmm.... There has to be a solution to this. I am sure that the creators are aware of this set back.... :confused:

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
LOL. They're not gonna have it where you need a super move to become Zamus and to switch back. They'll be seperate characters, or if anyhting, they will work like Zelda/Sheik.

Kurizu208 said:
The website says its a condition so im going with what the website shows and say the condition is back fire that samus super is so stron her suit falls off and there you it is you have zamus. I belive what the trailer should us. the trailer told us how the super move is pulled off, and how you get to play as zamus. i doubt either factor will change
Do you mean this trailer?
http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/index.html

Where in this trailer does it say what you have to do?

All you see is samus fire a charge blast (which could be exactly the same as the one in Melee but with different animation or just hyped up animation for a trailer) and then lose her suit.

Furthermore, the website doesnt say what the condition is, all it says is "under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit" (This quote can be found at http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html)

That condition could be anything. It could be a super move or it could be a new button combination. All I was saying in my original post was that there were more options as to how samus could change than you were listing.

If there is additional official content that you believes supports your argument about needing to be a supermove I would like to see it as samus is my fav character and I am interested in developements concerning her.

Thank you

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Kurizu208 said:
That part of the trailer wasn't actual gameplay so I wouldn't really consider it. I mean you don't expect all characters to stop and look a wario in actual gameplay when he does his waft super. It was just something added for E3. Melee opens with samus fighting Ridley but that doesn't happen at all in the game.

It has to be a zelda/sheik transformation. It would be annoying to some people if you can only switch once and that's it considering that samus is a decent character.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I would rather Zamus be a pure character or have Samus become Zamus.The Zelda/Shiek thing seems a little stupid to me.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Got Blood? said:
I would rather Zamus be a pure character or have Samus become Zamus.The Zelda/Shiek thing seems a little stupid to me.
I know, but I'm saying they would have the Zelda/Sheik thing before needing a power move in order to become Zamus.

kaid

Smash Master
Consider, hypothetically, that if Samus took say, 20% in a single hit, instead of taking the damage, the armor could fall off, and stay off until Zamus dies and respawns as Samus again.

kaid said:
Consider, hypothetically, that if Samus took say, 20% in a single hit, instead of taking the damage, the armor could fall off, and stay off until Zamus dies and respawns as Samus again.
That would be very strange, as it would make your opponents control who you played as and not yourself. i dont think anyone (at least the people playing samus) would like that.

Why do people want Zamus to be a separate character? This makes no sense to me because Zamus will be just as good either way, but why not have the added bonus of being able to play as samus?

Sheik is a wonderful character, but zelda has some good moves too that are wonderful for specific situations.

So i guess i am asking if anyone has a reason why it would be better if they were separate?

ShadowWalker

Smash Rookie
kaid said:
I am sure that Samus players would hate that very much. Because it would become a strategy to do that to a good Samus player especially if he sucks as Zamus.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Even the slightest bit of uncontrollability is a liability. This is a fighting game, no matter how unique, the core is fighting. And in a fighting game, anything that is not controllable is hindering and equivalent to a useless limb.

Thus, anyway besides seperate character or Zelda/Shiek is going to be a hindering, broken, useless limb.

icymatt said:
Samus wouldn't have to give up a tech if they were seperate.
If they were together they would not have to give up a tech either.

Samus_lives_in_Detroit said:
.............. . . . . . . . . . . .

Zink said:
They're using the Gamecube controller and the same controls as Melee.

I know this. Think of the game cube controler. Now, think of buttons that you dont use for samus. alright. now read my last post. ok, sweet. Notice how all of the buttons in my last post are on the game cube controler and none of them are used for samus.

Zink

Smash Champion
Same controls as Melee. Meaning, special moves are B and a direction. Transforming is a special move, as shown by Zelda. Why would they make it some random button combo, or something on the D-pad?

Zink said:
Same controls as Melee. Meaning, special moves are B and a direction. Transforming is a special move, as shown by Zelda. Why would they make it some random button combo, or something on the D-pad?

First of all it is only indicated that the controlers for game cube will be usable with the new game.

the reason to make it some button combo is so they wouldnt have to delete a move of samus.

also just because transforming for zelda is a special move does not mean that it has to be for all. with your logic of attributitng the characteristics of one characters move set to another, one could say that zelda's third jump is up+b. therefor, yoshi's third jump is up+b. yet yoshi doesnt have a third jump, which proves your logic is flawed because not all characters have the same attributes

Zink

Smash Champion
First of all it is only indicated that the controlers for game cube will be usable with the new
Why would they change the controls? They want to keep it as it was in Melee, that's why they are keeping the GCN controller.
the reason to make it some button combo is so they wouldnt have to delete a move of samus.
Then it would have no downsides, unless Zamus was really bad. It would be too good.
also just because transforming for zelda is a special move does not mean that it has to be for all. with your logic of attributitng the characteristics of one characters move set to another, one could say that zelda's third jump is up+b. therefor, yoshi's third jump is up+b. yet yoshi doesnt have a third jump, which proves your logic is flawed because not all characters have the same attributes
Yoshi doesn't have a third jump, WHICH MEANS it doesn't apply to him! You're backwards. It's if a character has a third jump, it would be up-b. So if a character has a transformation, it would be down-b. Unless they switch it with another B move.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Zink said:
They're using the Gamecube controller and the same controls as Melee.
It's only been hinted at, bnever confirmed. Also, if its the same controls a melee, how will we have new aireal fights?

Zink

Smash Champion
It was confirmed. Check the Unbelieveable! thread.

They change the aerial battles by adding more jumps and changing the air moves. Nothing to do with controls.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Zink said:
It was confirmed. Check the Unbelieveable! thread.

They change the aerial battles by adding more jumps and changing the air moves. Nothing to do with controls.
Is that thread on here? Could you please list a link? I would use search, but my laptop is broken and I'm using my little brothes iMac while he's at Scout Camp and it doesn't work for search for some reason.

PS: I really haven't heard anything about controls since the E3 about Brawl, so I wouldn't have known if the controls would affect the ai, which my friend told me.

IT'S FUN TO LEARN!. :chuckle:

Zink

Smash Champion
Yeah, they're have been variations on that rumor going around for a while. usually the story is that WW Link, Ridley, and some other random guy depending on who's doing the telling are replacing Ice Climbers, Marth/Roy, and Falco/Gannondorf/Bowser. It's very odd.

Zink said:
Why would they change the controls? They want to keep it as it was in Melee, that's why they are keeping the GCN controller.

Then it would have no downsides, unless Zamus was really bad. It would be too good.

Yoshi doesn't have a third jump, WHICH MEANS it doesn't apply to him! You're backwards. It's if a character has a third jump, it would be up-b. So if a character has a transformation, it would be down-b. Unless they switch it with another B move.

Its very strange that you are unwilling to believe that they would add some new method for changing when you say later on in this thread that theyare adding more jumps and new arials for characters. if this is true, the we could be seeing alot of characters with new attacks, which would allow samus to have a transformation without losing an attack.

yoshi proves my point, not al characters do all things the same or have the same properties. some characters have more attacks than other. some characters (like samus) have smash B attacks, where others dont. luigi has a taunt that does damage. Pichu has two taunts, and not all third jumps are up and b. Jigglypuff has more than three jumps and up+b does not do any of them.

given that they may be making tons of changes tothis game, itseems that they would be able to balence it would with giving samus a different transformation move. perhaps they will also give shiek a new transformation method and a new down B

Zink said:

the computer im on has a messed up spacebar, i am to lazy to fix it

yoshi provesmy point. not all characters do the same things. some characters havemore attacks than others. samus has a smash b attack, pichu has two taunts, luigi has a taunt that does damage. jiggly puff has more than three jumps. and noneofthem are performed by up and b.

and if theytareadding more jumpsand newarial attacks asyou saylater whycant you believe that they would add anew method for transforming?

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Don't know if I am the first to think this but I think Zamus will be a bit like Sheik... Except with different projectiles... And a bit less graceful... Mmmm... Just a thought... Double posters make me giggle.

Zink

Smash Champion
Its very strange that you are unwilling to believe that they would add some new method for changing when you say later on in this thread that theyare adding more jumps and new arials for characters. if this is true, the we could be seeing alot of characters with new attacks, which would allow samus to have a transformation without losing an attack.
How did you get from adding more aerial battles to adding more attacks?
and if theytareadding more jumpsand newarial attacks asyou saylater whycant you believe that they would add anew method for transforming?
They're DIFFERENT THINGS. They aren't going to change the old way to jump and attack in mid air, just put more focus on it.
yoshi provesmy point. not all characters do the same things. some characters havemore attacks than others. samus has a smash b attack, pichu has two taunts, luigi has a taunt that does damage. jiggly puff has more than three jumps. and noneofthem are performed by up and b.
I already disproved this point.
Why would they change transformations when they're changing aerials? The two aren't related in any way!
given that they may be making tons of changes tothis game, itseems that they would be able to balence it would with giving samus a different transformation move. perhaps they will also give shiek a new transformation method and a new down B
That would unbalance the game, not balance it.

RAPES WITH YOSHI

Smash Rookie
The only reason they put zamus in the game is to get nerds that can't get none somthing to look at like her enhancemented features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom