• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
How about Mario (And maybe Luigi if he's in Brawl) saying his classic catchpharse,
Mam ma mia. I love hearing that in Mario Kart Double Dash :chuckle:.

Mubariz

Smash Apprentice
Well here's a shot of Snake in action from IGN:

Look at his right leg . . . it's either there for effect or he'll have some type of gun. Possibly a tranquilizer or something. Other than that he looks to be loaded with gadgets.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Those 'gadgets' are going to be his explosives, which he'll use....a lot of.....a lot of times.

But this worries me, explosions are often slow and end up not too useful. See: Peach Bomber, PK Flash, Ganon UpTilt, Zelda Uair [to a lesser extent], PK Fire [same], Warlock Punch/Falcon Punch [ditto], FireFox as a combat maneuver, etc.
Don't forget Wario Waft. [From a character description, can already tell he's lame]
So, unless they make them REALLY good explosions and/or give him REALLY good CQC to compensate, this bad-*** will be lame-***.

:embarrass ~~~~~Let Us All Pray~~~~~ :embarrass​

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
He might have a gun on his leg, but NIntendo already said he wasn't going to use any guns in the game, but rather some explosives. His Box move was confirmed, but I don't see what that's really gonna do in a battle. He'll just be kicks, punches, and a few explosives. Maybe a gadget or two.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Soldier6 said:
I've heard two things thus far:
1) Game/Watch and Ice Climbers are being taken out :ohwell:

and

2) they are hoping to get the character count up around 45 or more :dizzy:

Any comment? Anyone?
1)false just a rumor

2)more likely to be less then 40

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Both of those are lies.

Here's the rule, if you can't verify it except at a forum full of people who don't work on the game, it's probably false.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Chi's Finest said:
Well they did say they were gonna have around 40 fighters, so 45 might be possible.
Depends on their time limit and how much other things are in the game. 45 would be nice but i wouldnt get my hopes up

unsung-unit2291

Smash Cadet
Yoshi is the best hopeful he in the new game YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Master Ball

Smash Rookie
I heard that...

Silver Flame said:
Nintendo dosn't even know how they are going to do snakes moves yet
I heard That he's not gonna use guns and other things like dat :mad: :( he's only gonna use explosives :(

Impp

Smash Ace
Man, I haven't checked in weeks. I was expecting a new confirmed character. I'm dissapointed. I'll just have to fly to Japan, and infiltrate the development team's developing place. I'll get you all the low down. If anyone wants to start a collection to help fund me, I'd appreciate it.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Impp said:
Man, I haven't checked in weeks. I was expecting a new confirmed character. I'm dissapointed. I'll just have to fly to Japan, and infiltrate the development team's developing place. I'll get you all the low down. If anyone wants to start a collection to help fund me, I'd appreciate it.
LOL thats a great idea. cant help with the funding though

burrito

Smash Lord
Master Ball said:
I heard That he's not gonna use guns and other things like dat :mad: :( he's only gonna use explosives :(
Don't forget about the cardboard box.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
ha, as mcfox said, nothing is verified...or even likely.

the only characters that are ALMOST sure to be in brawl are the ones from SSB64.
i have a feeling wario is doc's replacement, but who knows. they changed luigi a bit so that he wasn't as close to a clone to mario as he used to be, so they could do they same with doc and have wario along with the italian crew. the thing is that they are both just as likely to happen. such is every character's fate.

i wish more characters would be confirmed though, if nothing else, at least say "donkey kong is in"(or any old character that happens to be in brawl) just to tide us over!

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
FoxxMCcloud said:
shouldn't the 12 original characters from the first game semi-confirmed
no because scince they were in brawl they still count in the not all brawl characters are going to return. there is still a possibilaty that DK or someone could get the boat

Soldier6

Smash Apprentice
california university (washington county)
hello all

@ The MasterMarth - hey, I'm not sure how exactly, but I've had it confirmed a few times that SSBB definatly IS online (ROCK ON) :bigthumbu :crazy: :roll:
@ smashbros909 - yo is your whole crew in NC? or they spread out, we're all up here in PA, there are six of us (we're namless thus far) - *Just curious* :lick:

Renth

Smash Hero
@ Soldier6 long time no see old friend hah feel free to visit and smash anytime Timat and I are going to TGP for a tournament at the end of the month.

Uh Dk = Junk

Roy = Red Headed Step Child

Chrono FOR THE WIN!

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Soldier6 said:
so Kusizu, is there anyone you would like to see leave? I'd like DK to either take a hike or have them step it up with him, I've got no prob wit roy but I would like to see chrono also! :chuckle:
Kurizu*
Yes, I'd like to see mewtwo, dr mario, y link, roy, as for original ones jigglypuff and DK.
I know what you mean. DK is suposed to rock but he was the weakest character in ssbm.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
i wouldn't say DK is the weakest at all...he's at least better than mewtwo, pichu, and bowser, i think.
come on, at least mewtwo!

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I think the following charaters from the last 2 games not comfirmed should be in Brawl:
Yoshi (I'm a Yoshi fan)
Donkey Kong
Fox
Falco
Zelda
Gannondorf
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Mewtwo
Mr Game & Watch
Ness
Ice Climbers
Captian Falcon

The ones who I don't want in brawl:
Pichu (Everyone does'nt want him in Brawl)
Young Link (Almost a exact clone of Adult Link)
Dr Mario (I might change my mind about him)

Others I did'nt mention (Roy, Marth etc) I'm still thinking about.

Mario, Pikachu, Link and Kirby are already in Brawl so I have'nt included them in the list.

Besides Brawl should include a lot more charaters than in Melee (Maybe about 40-60 compared to Melee's 26) since the Wii is a lot more powerful than the Gamecube.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The final number of characters won't be decided by the Wii's power, but by time constraints. Sakurai and co. will try to get as many characters as they can, but they'll also try to get the game out before 2008.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Very sorry for being off topic but try comparing what I said to Gran Tursimo where the 3rd game have just over 150 cars but the 4th game have over 700 cars . And both games are on the PS2.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Right, because the number of cars wasn't decided by power (because they were on the same system), but due to time constraints (Gran Turismo 3 - 2001 / Gran Turismo 4 - 2005), which is exactly what I said.

What point were you trying to make?

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty weird analogy, especially seeing as it's way easier to make several pallette swaps or different stats for cars in Gran Turismo than it is to make a completley new character.

And for the last time, Wario is NOT soley a Mario character. He isn't going to be a Mario clone, nor is he going to be a replacement for Doctor Mario. He has his own franchise specific emblem on Sakurai's website, and along with his description that mentions Wario Ware, not Mario, and his biker outfit, it's obvious that the developers do not have the intention of grouping Wario with the Mario cast in Brawl. I'm shocked that so many people seem really hesitant to admit that Wario's made a name for himself now, and even more shocked that people still regard him as nothing more than a Mario clone (which his games are more than hint enough that he isn't).

Reno_

Smash Cadet
luigi has his own games, people still group with with the mario franchise.
even peach has her own game now.
not to mention all of yoshi's.

and they have all been very successful(especially yoshi's games)

are THEY all individual franchises, too? oh no, they are not. and why? because they don't have a different franchise icon. the developers will chose what characters to individualize and by how much, and even though wario isn't as worthy as yoshi to be considered individual, i think, this proves that the game designers are being quite creative in how they establish each character's purpose. this was kind of evident with fox in ssb64, seeing as how he never stepped out of a spaceship or a tank before(at least captain falcon had/has a cartoon), and they are taking that one step further by making characters less independent on others(i.e.- wario not being mario clone). the only reason i said wario was doc's replacement, was because i don't think that the game will devote so many character spaces to mario-related toons, because they have a lot fo franchises to cover.

and i really doubt that donkey kong will fail to be in brawl. he had donkey konga 1/2, so they are keeping him alive. fox had 2 GC games since melee(or, one of them might have come out before melee, but whatever), so he's got life, too. nintendo says less third party characters(ha, one of the only statements that is said that is true), and since they haven't come out with many new franchises, i think a lot will have to come from donkey kong/f-zero/franchises included in melee, unless they do happen to clog it full of mario-related characters, which would be a pity.

and, fall 2007 is plenty of time to come out with the final version of brawl...unless...unless there are a lot of new characters and not as many copies from melee.....eh? eh?
or maybe i'm ********, and someone knows a lot more about programing than i do.
either way...i'm not a wario fan, but i support him being in the game, as long as he's not one of many new mario-RELATED additions(*note- i said "related" sincemuffin man's panties got in a bundle at people catagorizing him with mario :p )

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
How is Wario not more individual than Yoshi? Yoshi has had two solo games, Wario has had two solo SERIES. The Wario Land series and the WarioWare series.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
man, mcfox, you're an arguementative one, eh? :p XD :)
but, um, ness is in one game. so...yeah. but, it is a very unique rpg.

yoshi's island is pretty unique, and i'm not going to include the games like "yoshi" that are technically his, not mario's, but aren't very unique(yoshi is too much like doctor mario)

wario's sidescrolling adventures have been done before, time and time again. few side scrollers stick out, besides megaman and mario brothers. speaking of mario brothers...wario's games look eerily similar...even with different goals and monsters, the layout is not too original to me. :\

warioware is cool and unique, but it's kind of too recent to be considered the reason he was picked for brawl. i mean, you don't see any sole DS characters as promising members of brawl.

AGAIN, my main point is that i don't want to see mario-related characters cluttering the character selection screen on brawl. 20% was enough(in melee). there were also a lot of pokemon, but whatever.
i just want to see versatility, and i hope they acheive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom