• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
No, but Sakurai will reveal them all in due time. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about one other before the end of the year.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
One thing that made me happy was the announcement of Pit and Meta Knight. I mean I'm REALLY glad Nintendo (Sakurai in this case specificly) actually listens to what fans have to say. This also applied in the previous title when fans BEGGED for Mewtwo, Bowser, and Sheik. I mean, the guy has a plant on each forum or something =P.

Travesty

Smash Cadet
DainBramaged said:
I'm looking forward 2 snake actually. I get the feeling he'll be like shiek, only with rocket launcher etc. He looks like he could be a kick a$$ char. as for poeple saying that he shouldn't be in a nintendo game because he's a different party? Come on! wasn't he on the snes?
Actually, he was on the NES. I don't get why people (gaming websites included) list the game he's from as Metal Gear Solid. He was in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 before that.

It's kinda funny, on the whole snake debate, that I am the only one of my friends who actually plays Metal Gear games but I am also the only one to worry about him being in SSBB. All my friends think it's great but I just don't know . . .

flaco

The Terminator
well i use marth and um am a good marth palyer l cancel shield grab wavedash to forwaed smash but um i need a little help with him i went to two tornoments on boston road springfield mass one i got 5th and the other one i got second well marth rules top tear I hate when he gets own with top tears like fox and sheik well is like that i hope they dont tonned down marth on the new one i be pissed

Zink

Smash Champion
Of course flaco, they would never nerf the third best character, of course not.

Please.
Don't just complain about not wanting a nerf. Plus Marth is due for a nerf anyway.
And it's "tier".

Khanczar

Smash Ace
flaco said:
well i use marth and um am a good marth palyer l cancel shield grab wavedash to forwaed smash but um i need a little help with him i went to two tornoments on boston road springfield mass one i got 5th and the other one i got second well marth rules top tear I hate when he gets own with top tears like fox and sheik well is like that i hope they dont tonned down marth on the new one i be pissed
Just... what? omg, dude... just, uhh... hmm. No, no I don't think they'll tone him down in Brawl..

GOD man!! learn to type!!!

Sensai

Smash Master
flaco said:
Wow. The grammar police are gonna have a trip when they see this.

And Marth needs a nerf. Bad. There's probably somewhere around a 150% chance that he's gonna get nerfed.

Tier. Tier.

Tear is like...tearing something in half.

SpeedyHawk

Smash Cadet
Hey, I thought this was for CONFIRMED CHARS ONLY. Not like I'm a moderator, though. Oh well.
Diddy would be cool. He should get his jetpack and peanut pistols from DK64..lol.

Sorry any moderators.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Metakight WILL own. he look like a shiek+marth+wings. and when u got the 2 most popular, a$$ kickin tournament charactors together that can fly......... I can already hear the complainers. I can't wait 2 try him out.

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
Frankly I've Been Wondering but Phazon Suit Samus only time I know of that you play as samus without her suit is in Zero Mission and in that all she has is a stun pistol does anyone know where she comes from

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure she just comes from Zero Mission. Have faith, Nintendo won't mess it up.

Ya know, I really hope Meta ISN'T god-tier. I started out playing Fox, and then got involved in advanced techs, and realized he's right up there with Sheik and Jesus in the tier list. Kinda makes me feel like a cheap-***, and now I play Ganon.

I'm really interested in Meta, but if he's able to beat God, then I'm not gonna wanna play him for long.

Link226

Smash Ace
Travesty said:
Actually, he was on the NES. I don't get why people (gaming websites included) list the game he's from as Metal Gear Solid. He was in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 before that.

It's kinda funny, on the whole snake debate, that I am the only one of my friends who actually plays Metal Gear games but I am also the only one to worry about him being in SSBB. All my friends think it's great but I just don't know . . .
wow....its the same exact thing wit me... :laugh:

Sensai

Smash Master
outrunrazgriz said:
I am assuming Metaknight is basically Kirby, with a sword and is a lot cooler. You needn't worry.
I sat and watched your sig for a good long while...

I hope he's just a Kirby with a sword, and not Marth with wings.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
Well here's my Snake Moveset

A-Quick Jab-3-4
AA-Second Jab-3
AAA-roundhouse-4
Running A-duck and roll -8
A->-Long reaching side kick-7-8
A/\-Axe kick similar to C.Falcons up A-10
A\/-Sweeping punch-9-11
Smash->-punch with explosive in hand-Uncharged-13 Charged-17-18
Smash/\-throw grenade up and it explodes-Uncharged-14-16 Charged-20-22
Smash\/-Sweeping Kick-Uncharged-10-11 Charged-17-19

Air A-Spinning kick-7-8
Air->-Meteor Smash-Downward elbow smash-13-14
Air<--Double back kick-5 per kick
Air/\-Backflip kick-10-13
Air\/-Downward flying kick-9-10

Grab A-choke-3-4
Throw /\-Mid-air grenade toss-9-10
Throw->-Roundhouse kick -6-8
Throw<--Suplex-7-9
Throw\/-throw down like it MGS3-8-11
_____
b moves from some other guy
B-Stun Grenade-A grenade that puts enemies into a daze-can be aimed-3-4
<>B-Nikita Missle-Launces a missle that slowly homes in on the enemy-14-18
/\B-Jet Pack Boost-Snake boosts up at an angle and floats back down10-13
\/B-Sticky bomb-Snake sticks a bomb on the ground or an enemy in front of him.Can be detonated by pressing \/B again-9-11
Super-Attacks all enemies onscreen using Metal Gear-25-30 each

I like most of his moves, damage aside. what you can't get a feel for is HOW he will play.
Snake should be fast on the ground but slow in the air. most of his moves should be submissive and drop the opponent directly on the ground around him without being able to tech out of it right away (maybe). he should have moves that make him hard to hit when he is in control of the situation, but force him to back off imidiatly in a head to head smash ting situation.

I think his ^B should be his nikita missle! if he is in the air you press ^B and by default he will shoot strait down and get a boost from the rocket (think anti pikathunder). you can change what direction he goes by pressing in the direction you want snake to go (or which way to shoot the missle. whichever you prefure at this point) if you are on the ground and you do ^B he will shoot a slower then in the air ^B that flys foward maybe this could be player controlled untill they release the b button and it continues in that direction gaining speed... this sound like the best option for ^B and I'll be surprised by what they decide on if it dosn't involve the missile in some way.

VB- smoke grenade! send a flash of smoke around you that makes seeing your next move near impossible. use this time to place an explosive wink I think it should act as a sheild breaker and also add a dodge effect the moment you use it. In this way if the enemy shoots a samus blast at you do down be and you will dodge the blast if you time it right. area effect of the smoke should be...maybe two or three ganondorfs width and last 2 seconds untill completely gone. startup lag- 5 frames. end lag - 5 frames. time before you can do it again - 4 seconds.

>B - I'm not sure on this one. some form of explosive (that throws like the tell tail grenade throws in MGS)or trank gun.

if grenade. simply a grenade throw with distance determind by time holding >B. hold it down to long and it explodes in your hand (just for fun lOL ) it wont bounce off the enemy or their sheild and will instead bounce once or twice and land on the ground sending a blast around its location. I think it should have a tendency to blast the enemy upwards so that snake can get underneath them.

if trank gun. he fires forward with a little wimpy nonthreatening gun that fires a nigh invisible dart of sleepiness. quick fire time and long lag. think falco lazer but a but longer delay between shots, but NOT actions. Most of snakes B moves should be able to be used in succession (no spamm'n) but he can still do complimentary A moves. If it hits the enemy they should become sluggish. maybe slowing them down slightly in their attacks (but not sheilds dodges and evades). if snake shoots them often enough they will fall asleep for 2 seconds. Also I think if the opponent has been stunned (alah mewtwo)or sheild broke snake can shoot them and they stay asleep much longer tongue

B-... sticky bombs placing them on the opponent and smashing them off the stage and THEN detonating the explosives! I can see some original game play with this happy it could also be used as a deturent to edgeguarding. Place it on the edge and if the enemy hits you off and stands near the edge blast them with that explosive they forgot shock . I guess if they are on the ground they should be able to be detonated by damage to...maybe (I like deactivating them if they get hurt to much better though happy )

I think snakes sheild should be his box. his sheild should be the only one that you can walk while in it happy You can't pierce it and it wont break over time but it will degrade with hits rapadly (maybe twice as fast as other fighters.) this way he can walk around in the box and stay that way and obsorb hits untill his box breaks (in MGS fasion with it falling around him and it "flashing" away around him)

Let me know what you think of this. I'm rather inpressed with what I could come up with and can't wait to see him in the game!

Zander805

Smash Ace
Hey Scav, I heard there was confirmation of certain characters being cut from the series. Is this true? If it is true, you should put a list of characters that have confirmation of being absent from the next Smash.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I believe you're referring to this. It was only on 1UP (not IGN or Gamespot) and it was an article talking about a French site that said that on a radio show in Japan, Sakurai confirmed that Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, and Young Link will not return. I'm pretty sure that it was a rumor.

Zander805

Smash Ace
Doggalina said:
I believe you're refering to this. It was only on 1UP (not IGN or Gamespot) and it was an article talking about a French site that said that on a radio show in Japan, Sakurai confirmed that Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, and Young Link will not return. I'm pretty sure that it was a rumor.
Thanks. :chuckle:

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
Well here's my thoughts on all the characters right now in SSBB.

Mario-I can't belive how his Overalls got even bigger details! I thought SSBM had the greatest Detail I was wrong. I also see the Model looks Similar to the SMG model.

Link-The Biggest revamp from a Better OOT link to the Twilight princess Link! Surprised again on the detail as in some screenshots his clothing looks real almost!

Kirby-I smiled when Kirby was all "???" When they got the graphical improvement. I also want to see Kirby's copy abilites of Wario and Snake which would be funny :]

Pikcahu-Can't say much other than the fact the model looks closely like that of the Pokemon battle revolution model from the trailer.

Metaknight-Metaknight Finally makes his Appearance as a Character in SSB series and it looks like he'll be a Quick angle Sword fighter with flying abilites like Kirby and Jigglypuff I will defineitly use this character alot :D

Pit-YES! I've been waiting for his return ever since the hint in the throphy in SSBM.
BUt I'm surprised how from Ness-like character he turns into a Teen with a Animieish look sorta, he will defineitly be my favourite character in the game!

Zamus-I don't generally play the Metroid saga but I'm surprised it will be a Shiek like thing.

Wario-It's about time this Greedy mad-man got into the game. I'm surprised he has great detail but dissapointed at lack of Overall Wario but I hope it's Alternave costume this time.
I wonder if his moves will be related to both Wario ware and the Warioland/world series.

Snake-The same with Zamus but finally 3rd Party characters are coming in SSBB now all it needs it Geno and Sonic and you got a Kickarse game there.

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
Sensai said:
I sat and watched your sig for a good long while...

I hope he's just a Kirby with a sword, and not Marth with wings.
Most Likely he won't be close to as speedy as marth I doubt nintendo gonna make a fairly rotund character with short legs very fast he'll probably be heavier then kirby probly play somewhat like sword kirby in kirby games

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I recently read on the dojo that all charactors will be altered to have more freedom in ariel combat, and thier moves will be generaly weaker. Any comments? Personaly i'm all 4 the air combat since I fight ariely ALOT. As 4 the move weakenings, I support that 2 since it's bull when someone uses the same attack over... and over.. and over again, just because they knock u back. Let's see all the charactors moves. It's also bull when u get KO'd at like 40% ( sry marth, time 2 be toned down lol)

Skywalker

Space Jump
Zamus

Sorry guys I'm still kind-of new but who's Zamus? Is it just the nickname for Zerosuit Samus coined by a SmashBoarder or is it suitless Samus's officially announced character name? :confused:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
That was a rumor that was proven false, though they do seem like they might make it in Brawl.

JPW

Smash Ace
i'll believe the Young Link WW rumour, but the other two i'm having a hrd time to grasp. But i'm sure they'll have pointless characters anyway. Just see we can beat up some boring character when we're bored. I always bashing the c**p out of Pichu or Ice Climbers, or even Jigglypuff.

Anyway here's my thought on them.

Ridley that's the bat in Metroid Prime right?
His style could be quite interesting. You had to really knock him off though, chances are he could just fly back.

Koopa Kid. I don't see the point of this character, I rather he replaced Pichu though.
No doubt i'll use Bowser more then this prick anyway.

Young Link(WW). I thought so. The WW look seems to be the new look for Young Link, might as well let it be. Though it be quite interesting getting a Cel shaded Link in a Real full on fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom