• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zink

Smash Champion
Well, theoretically, the concept of a laser beam of a predetermined length is impossible anyway. And your metaphor does not hold true.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Zink said:
Well, theoretically, the concept of a laser beam of a predetermined length is impossible anyway. And your metaphor does not hold true.
The Game isn't based on real life is it? Nothing inside the game is true so why the **** should the laser beam be based on reality? Please think before you type! I've had a **** day and I'm not going to take the likes of: 'And your metaphor does not hold true.' Without a ****ing reason!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
It doesn't because what you said only happens under certain conditions :p XD. Watch the trailer closely, when the picture freezes and it says newcomer, you can see it bending in the corner of the screen; and in the trailer the suit falls off, but you can still see her holding the gun, then she flips a switch or something and the gun becomes a whip.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
outrunrazgriz said:
According to IGN the blaster will be in it but the laser whip is supposed to be the main weapon.

Also, How does it bend!?! It's as hard and straight as a guys... You know!
i just watched it it does to bend it curves but it does look like it can only bend this far (

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Come On! Give Zamus some credit. In the trailer, we only saw her flick the beam-whip once and we only got the camera on the middle section near the shaft! It could easily bend further up by the tip.

Probably going to have Marth's tipper. :chuckle:
I was trying to give her credit -_- Anyway, we will just have to see. scince none of the characters so far that has had a whip thats for fighting. Sheiks is just there for fun i swear.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Da Man said:
Hey guys any more characters comfirmed yet? Its been a while.
I dont think so. We probally wont know more for a while. maybe when the wii comes out or in 07 closer to when it comes out.

Zink

Smash Champion
Please do not double post...
Hey guys it's been almost 2 months since E3- I expect something soon, like a character or stage.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Zink said:
Please do not double post...
Hey guys it's been almost 2 months since E3- I expect something soon, like a character or stage.
(sorry)
The officail site wont be updated anymore for a while. so i highly doubt we will see anything soon.

Eternal Sailor Moon

Smash Cadet
please excuse my two day absence

but anyhow...i wish i at least new when the wii was coming out first of all....and how much it costs....but also i guess (rrrr one sec i forgeot your name XD)kurizu is right about waiting....and plus kinda not kowing and anticipating the new charcters is fun..because when you find out and you like them a lot then its fun being surprised...thats my veiw at least

Zink

Smash Champion
Wii will be out November or late October. It will cost less than $250, and likely $200.
And I'm pretty sure they said they'd reveal every character before release. Release of Smash will be 2007, so they'll have to at least drop hints so people don't forget.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Come On! Give Zamus some credit. In the trailer, we only saw her flick the beam-whip once and we only got the camera on the middle section near the shaft! It could easily bend further up by the tip.

Probably going to have Marth's tipper. :chuckle:
I doubt that, her physical attacks would more likely be killmoves, if she has any. But the game manual says Shiek doesn't have any killmoves, so who knows. I just hope it will function like the grapple and hookshot for grabbing people and stages (although the stage part would be a bit tricky).

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Luigi-o said:
Do you think the cartoon version of Link will be in the game?
do you mean the animated series, or wind waker link?

Either way i hope not. Why have another link when instead the slot could be used for a bewtter character.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
First off, Adult Link is not the original Link, that was Young Link. [alliteration people?] Props needs to go out to Legend of Zelda for being so freakin awesome and surviving for such a long time. This is why they need more Metroid characters; her point on the "Holy Nintendo Trinity" is not represented enough. Here is what we have so far:

LoZ: Young Link [Yes, 'Celda' is considered the official modern version of Young Link] , Adult Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf. Not too much, not too little, perfect.
Mario: Mario, Doc, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, [DK, Yoshi]. Get rid of Doc and we'll be good. Enough to be the most represented franchise in smash, but why not be?
Metroid: Samus and coming soon Zamus. This isn't enough. Adding Ridley doesn't cut it. Needs more than just a repeating bad guy. I don't know who to suggest as I don't play that many Metroid games.

Luigi-o

Smash Rookie
Kurizu208 said:
do you mean the animated series, or wind waker link?

Either way i hope not. Why have another link when instead the slot could be used for a bewtter character.
Yes I do mean The Wind Waker one. I like the Zelda series and since now they only put that Link in the games (not including Twilight Princess) , why not. But I have to say I do not really like the new Link that they are put in Brawl. I liked the old Link from N64.

Luigi-o

Smash Rookie
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
First off, Adult Link is not the original Link, that was Young Link. [alliteration people?] Props needs to go out to Legend of Zelda for being so freakin awesome and surviving for such a long time. This is why they need more Metroid characters; her point on the "Holy Nintendo Trinity" is not represented enough. Here is what we have so far:

LoZ: Young Link [Yes, 'Celda' is considered the official modern version of Young Link] , Adult Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf. Not too much, not too little, perfect.
Mario: Mario, Doc, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, [DK, Yoshi]. Get rid of Doc and we'll be good. Enough to be the most represented franchise in smash, but why not be?
Metroid: Samus and coming soon Zamus. This isn't enough. Adding Ridley doesn't cut it. Needs more than just a repeating bad guy. I don't know who to suggest as I don't play that many Metroid games.
I only have one Metroid game and I am still trying to bet it. It is Metroid Prime and I got it about 3 weeks ago at EBgames. I don't know who else to put in the game from the series. Maybe Dark Samus?

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
for metroid we could have

-samous ( alternate costumes dark suit, light suit, fusion suit)
-Zamus
-Ridly ( alternate costume metal ridley)
-....... how about one or two of the most popular other bounty hunters from the DS game

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:

Yeah we all know hte whole diff link thing but still why have him in the game if another version of link? save the room for a differnt hcaracter from a new series, or a guest character.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
This has probably been mentioned before in this forum but i'm not going to read wade through 58 pages worth.
I am reading a bit of negativity towards Snake and how he will fit into the game e.g. moves double jumps etc. But I have to say that quite a few of you lack imagination. I personally am picturing his roll dodge, sticky bombs, rocket launcher, close quarters combat and maybe even a chocker grab that will send the opponents to sleep briefly. Also the classic "Snaaaaaake!" whenever he dies :)

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward 2 snake actually. I get the feeling he'll be like shiek, only with rocket launcher etc. He looks like he could be a kick a$$ char. as for poeple saying that he shouldn't be in a nintendo game because he's a different party? Come on! wasn't he on the snes? that's newer than kid accuras for cryn out loud. and so what if 2 partys mix in a game? is that more of a good thing?

Zink

Smash Champion
He looks like a lot of fun, although in teams games the explosives might be a problem (I'm looking at youuuu, Link).

burrito

Smash Lord
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
this is an awesome thread guys :)
I think metaknight will be a combination of
Kirby because of jumps
Marth due to probaly using marth like moves
Y. Link due to small sword
Any one agree to this quick and stupid observation?
I don't know. Metaknight seems to have his own unique sword fighting style in brawl.

Link226

Smash Ace
you know i saw a thread here yesterday saying SSBB was going 2 b released Nov 14 06. :dizzy: Is any of this real?

O yea im definitily playing wit Snake wen i get the game. I wonder wats gonna b his moveset. Im pretty interested on the upcoming tier list. 2 B honest i think pit and metakinght r going 2 b on the top. Just like shiek was....But does any1 know wen Wii is coming out?

(edit) For some reason i dont know if snake is gonna b a good char or not. But im almost sure hes gonna dominate in cqc :) hopefully snake would be able 2 use some type of guns

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
burrito said:
I don't know. Metaknight seems to have his own unique sword fighting style in brawl.
i guess ur right
wat about pit, besides his 5 jumps and arrows he seems to be like a completely new charecter that will have a very different moveset. well i think he will be something new
lets just hope he doesnt get a clone! :cry: lol i cant imagine one at the moment

EDIT: wat do u guys think metaknights wait is goin g to be, i hope hes not light weight

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
i guess ur right
wat about pit, besides his 5 jumps and arrows he seems to be like a completely new charecter that will have a very different moveset. well i think he will be something new
lets just hope he doesnt get a clone! :cry: lol i cant imagine one at the moment

EDIT: wat do u guys think metaknights wait is goin g to be, i hope hes not light weight
MetaKnight IS a light character. You can guess that from his look. Then again... aren't Fox, Sheik and Marth somewhat light to?

burrito

Smash Lord
Link226 said:
you know i saw a thread here yesterday saying SSBB was going 2 b released Nov 14 06. :dizzy: Is any of this real?
No, Brawl coming out until sometime in 2007.

(edit) For some reason i dont know if snake is gonna b a good char or not. But im almost sure hes gonna dominate in cqc :) hopefully snake would be able 2 use some type of guns[/QUOTE]
There wont be any guns in Brawl.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Brawl doesn't have a set date, at all. Just... 2007. Though they did mention within a year we'd see something big, so... maybe summer 2007?

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
no... metaknight SHOULD be lightweight. i'm mean, it wouldn't look right if he was able to fly and he was heavy. not to mention, think of all the complainers.... " wah wah wah, flying, quick, sword, heavy wah, wah, metaknight ( n marth)"

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
DainBramaged said:
no... metaknight SHOULD be lightweight. i'm mean, it wouldn't look right if he was able to fly and he was heavy. not to mention, think of all the complainers.... " wah wah wah, flying, quick, sword, heavy wah, wah, metaknight ( n marth)"
i didnt say he should be heavy weight besides middle weight isnt very heavy, like marios weight.... lol i agreee he shouldnt be heavy but middle weight, i wouldnt mind if he was light weight though just saying
P.S. even though metaknight is my favorite character right now i dont play kirby games, so, i am very clueless...

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
i didnt say he should be heavy weight besides middle weight isnt very heavy, like marios weight.... lol i agreee he shouldnt be heavy but middle weight, i wouldnt mind if he was light weight though just saying
sry, i jus misunderstood :dizzy: I had a ruff night yesterday, still feeling aftereffects :psycho: yah midleweight could be possible, but now that i think bout it, i'm pretty sure metaknight will be like kirbyweight since both r like......... puffballish (i guess it's a kirby thing)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
DainBramaged said:
sry, i jus misunderstood :dizzy: I had a ruff night yesterday, still feeling aftereffects :psycho: yah midleweight could be possible, but now that i think bout it, i'm pretty sure metaknight will be like kirbyweight since both r like......... puffballish (i guess it's a kirby thing)
oh my bad... dont apologize :chuckle: , and ty for not starting a stupid arguement with me lol i guesss ur right lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom