• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
What he said. It isn't on the official site, Japanese or the English section, so I doubt it. It might happen, but I hope not. Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch gone. That would be bad.

kaid

Smash Master
I've seen this every time I go to IGN, and I JUST noticed.
Front page, the backround for one of the areas of the Wii channel...

Who's that on snake's shoulder?

OmegaFujin

Smash Cadet
Some friends of mine said somethin about how it was confirmed that there would be 40 characters, 4 of which will be 3rd party.

3 will be removed Y. Link, G&W, and Ice Climbers...
3 new confirmed Jr. Bowser, Ridley, and WW Link...

So is this true or false?
Where was this info originally posted?
Is this just a clever rumor?

Courtofdoom

Smash Apprentice
icymatt said:
Snake I can see being all-round good, except maybe his jumping will blow and he'll be focused on sneaky attacks(obviously).
Iono how you are going to have a sneaky attack in a game like Super Smash Bros. In 1v1 fights, I don't see how you're going to elude your opponent completely. Although Metal Gear games were all about stealth, I don't think that style will fit into Brawl (because I'm heavily assuming the style of fighting in Brawl will be like Melee).

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
That thing behind Snake is bugging the crap out of me.

Oh and hello everybody! (1st post)
I look forward to being involved in the community after just recently discovering it. (A whole Smash Bros. Community? Who knew?!)

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Yeah, stealth doesn't work in Smash, even when you get the cloaking device. That thing always did me more harm than good. They're most likely going to be taking a lot of creative licensing with Snake, and likely any other third party chars. I just got this feeling they are going to include more than just Snake (please not Sonic, not that I have anything against Sonic).

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Last I heard it was pure rumour that Sakurai had announced on Japanese radio that Ridley, Baby Bowser and Wind Waker Link were being added. Apparently this means that G&W, Ice Climbers and Young Link are all biting the dust. It isn't confirmed as far as I know. But some character *WILL* be dissapearing. Definitely.

NukeA6

Smash Master
SYC! said:
That thing behind Snake is bugging the crap out of me.

Oh and hello everybody! (1st post)
I look forward to being involved in the community after just recently discovering it. (A whole Smash Bros. Community? Who knew?!)
It's Zero Suit Samus

RDK

Smash Hero
Last I heard it was pure rumour that Sakurai had announced on Japanese radio that Ridley, Baby Bowser and Wind Waker Link were being added. Apparently this means that G&W, Ice Climbers and Young Link are all biting the dust. It isn't confirmed as far as I know. But some character *WILL* be dissapearing. Definitely.

I highly doubt the validity of this statement.

But some character *WILL* be dissapearing. Definitely.
How do you know this?

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I thought Sakurai had made it pretty clear that he would be getting rid of some previous characters. Perhaps it was from the translation thread, but I think that it is pretty much confirmed, even if BB made it sound like that was just his opinion.

I've also heard the rumours about Young Link, Ice Climbers and G+W getting the boot. With Ridley, Cel Shaded Link and Bowser Jnr replacing them. It seems possible. But Ice Climbers? Surely Pichu should be higher on the discard pile than them.

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather see Pichu get the boot instead of the ICs. The only reason I could see for getting rid of them is if they were not able to get rid of that freeze glitch.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
For F*ck Sake people. seriously? are you taking the piss?

Couple pages back, i made a pretty long post about the 'rumour' (DEEMED F*CKING FALSE ALREADY)
Dont make me repost it every couple pages, im sick and tired of people coming in, everytime this thread gets back on topic (the FALSE rumour is OFF topic, as this is CONFIRMED characters only). Alot of people coming in here are relly getting on my títs, come on, read AT LEAST the page before the lastest before you post, understand whats happening and get an idea of whats been said. Im not asking you to read all 52 pages jennifer, just perhaps a reccomended 3-5 pages before the latest one.

Its getting out of hand now Charlotte, pull yourself together, get back some dignity, keep your respect. If your gonna post about a RUMOUR dont do it in a CONFIRMED ONLY thread. Have some bloody common sense, start a new thread if you must get an answer, but expect it to get LOCKED pretty dámn fast.

Ive tried to help everyone and now im probably gonna get a warning for this post. ah f*ckberries.

RDK

Smash Hero
Where did you get this information from? Sakuria himself never said that not all of them are coming back. In fact, with 40 characters in SSBB, it would make sense that all of the originals come back, plus the new ones revealed (and some extras).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game. Blouses.

-Prince

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
For the last time, check out SamuraiPanda's stickied thread about all the blog notes that SAKURAI HIMSELF put up on the Japanese version of the OFFICIAL SMASH SITE RUN BY SAKURAI HIMSELF. One of the later ones is a reiteration from Sakurai clearly stating not all characters will return.

When did Doctor Mario's game come out? I know OoT versions of Zelda characters because that was the greatest/popular of the zelda games to that date. Thus Link's TP look in Brawl. Doc will probably get the axe to be replaced by someone else in the Mario universe. Bowser Jr. IS a possibility.

And did anyone stop to think maybe Doc was replaced by one of the orignal newcomers of Brawl, Wario?

I can tell you this much, the older gamers are getting PO'd at the crappy pokemon in Melee. I can definitely see a newer more popular pokemon being added to the roster...only to replace the much hated Pichu.

Also, Mewtwo has only 2 futures, not infinite.
1= Revamped majorly
2=Axed
Frankly, I choose 2 unless they really do a MAJOR overhaul on 1.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Um, no matter how bad Mewtwo is in Pokemon, he's still a Pokemon. Pokemon does not equal bada**. The closest thing to that in Smash is Ganondorf. (Now the guy in my avatar, he's a bada**.) I'd rather see the dev team take the time to create a better char than revamp a Pokemon. I agree on that subject, if anybody goes, it should be Pichu.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think a lot of people would be happier if they gave all the clones a new moveset. Maybe that way, no one would have to be removed.

Pichu should still be removed, though.

GenG

Smash Lord
Red Darkstar Kirby said:
I think a lot of people would be happier if they gave all the clones a new moveset. Maybe that way, no one would have to be removed.

Pichu should still be removed, though.
I agree. Characters like Falco, Roy and Ganon should be kept because they aren't childish/doctor versions of any other character unlike Y. Link, Pichu and Dr Mario (these three are the most likely to be fired).
Of course, those clones kept must to be revamped, at least with a semiclone moveset like Luigi (shared moves with many others new).

RDK

Smash Hero

Wow. That was creepy. Who went through all the trouble to make that?

How did they make that?

Pikachu looks ****ing hilarious! LOL! :chuckle:

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Red Darkstar Kirby said:

Wow. That was creepy. Who went through all the trouble to make that?

How did they make that?

Pikachu looks ****ing hilarious! LOL! :chuckle:
I think the idea behind it is for the wrestling movie that is coming this Friday with Jack Black in it. I've seen the commercial numerous times.

RDK

Smash Hero
You mean Nacho Libre? The one directed by that guy who was behind Napoleon Dynamite?

Hmmm. Interesting.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Well one I like Yong Link but he could have a new move set. The other thing I think they should change Samus' Charge Shot into somthing like the Super Scope. That fire more like Her gun in the Metroid games. I also think they should fix Fox's Gun so that it would stun his opponets.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Right on with the stun effect in Fox's gun. It just seemed rather cheap that Falco could slow down his opponents from afar with his blaster, yet Fox was still a sitting... Fox.

I literally just realised a couple minutes ago that if Young Link is still in the game unchanged from his Melee appearance (look-wise anyway), he'll count as a separate entity to TP Link. Unless it turns out that Twilight Princess involves time travel, which it probably won't. I'm actually sort of embarrassed I didn't realise this sooner.

Though Samus' blaster being based on the Super Scope though would sort of give her an unfair advantage, having an unlimited super scope and all, wouldn't it?

DanB

Smash Rookie
Wow does this site look cool or what (and its only their preview page). About time we had our own site to shout about that has stuff young guys like us are into. I signed up and referred 30 mates so hopefully I should have an Ipod on launch.

www.clubhunt.co.uk

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
"SSB Brawl Roster Changes
Alas, Mr. Game & Watch, your time is up.
by Dan Dormer, 06/07/2006
92 of 98 users recommend this story.
According to the French-based site LiveWii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl director Masashiro Sakurai commented on Japanese radio's "The Gaming Show" about various changes to the game's roster.

Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridely, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release.

This makes sense considering Bowser Jr. has had more prominent placement in various Mario sports titles, as well as being his dad's right hand man in New Super Mario Bros., and the "Celda" version of Link was seen on GameCube and now on the Nintendo DS in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Plus, with both Samus and Zero Suit Samus appearaning in SSBB, it makes sense her foe would get a chance to fight back.

We've also, unfortunately, learned of three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have no home in SSBB. We don't know who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.

Time to start the guessing game."

This was form 1up.com

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Nexis said:
"SSB Brawl Roster Changes
Alas, Mr. Game & Watch, your time is up.
by Dan Dormer, 06/07/2006
92 of 98 users recommend this story.
According to the French-based site LiveWii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl director Masashiro Sakurai commented on Japanese radio's "The Gaming Show" about various changes to the game's roster.

Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridely, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release.

This makes sense considering Bowser Jr. has had more prominent placement in various Mario sports titles, as well as being his dad's right hand man in New Super Mario Bros., and the "Celda" version of Link was seen on GameCube and now on the Nintendo DS in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Plus, with both Samus and Zero Suit Samus appearaning in SSBB, it makes sense her foe would get a chance to fight back.

We've also, unfortunately, learned of three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have no home in SSBB. We don't know who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.

Time to start the guessing game."

This was form 1up.com

Ummmm.... wasn't that already declared as being a hoax....?
Most/Everyone agrees that even if it was true it isn't officially confirmed so it doesn't matter.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes it's a hoax. Yes, I will ridicule all who've missed the memo about it being a hoax and keep spreading the word about it.

I knew at once 1Up's thing was probably a hoax. 1Up was the first and only site to report it for a while and IGN didn't pick up on any of it.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Link'sShadow said:
Well one I like Yong Link but he could have a new move set. The other thing I think they should change Samus' Charge Shot into somthing like the Super Scope. That fire more like Her gun in the Metroid games. I also think they should fix Fox's Gun so that it would stun his opponets.
Good idea on the fox and samus thing. I still say they should off young link.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yes, I will ridicule all who've missed the memo about it being a hoax and keep spreading the word about it.
LOL, LMAO! :chuckle:

I liked Samus's arm cannon just the way it was. Besides, he's right...making it like a Super Scope would give her a HUGE advantage...you'd be able to stun anyone, anytime you want.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I don't think scary is the right word for that Smash/wrestling video. That's beyond scary. Although I realized the Mario looked a lot like the one in those pics someone posted on the speculation thread of Smash chars drawn like Fist of the North Star.

Fox is already one of the top chars, making him better wouldn't be a good idea, and the same for Samus' cannon. It's fine the way it is. I wouldn't mind them offing Y. Link, either, it's redundant the way it is, with two Links with the same arsenal. Celda Link (I've actually never heard that before.) could be quite different functionally just by adding the WW and grapple. The grapple could either be an ^b or replace the hookshot with a different trajectory; and the WW could be used at least half a dozen different ways: >b, just a gust of wind with some kb, possibly useful for edgeguarding; ^b, a teleportation, like in the game (yeah, a bit of a stretch, but oh well), or a gust of wind lifts him up. From what I remember, the rest of the arsenal was pretty standard. I don't think a bottle would work, or the Iron boots would really help. But Celda Link would definitely add more variety.

emerican

Smash Ace
GenG said:
I agree. Characters like Falco, Roy and Ganon should be kept because they aren't childish/doctor versions of any other character unlike Y. Link, Pichu and Dr Mario (these three are the most likely to be fired).
Of course, those clones kept must to be revamped, at least with a semiclone moveset like Luigi (shared moves with many others new).

lol.. do you even play smash brothers?

falco is nothing like fox.

roy is completely NOT rigged.

ganon doesnt even compare to C.falcon

Doc is better than mario

and luigi is a class of his own.

link00678

Smash Rookie
your all crazy!!! Ice climbers I loved g&w i liked to play as but yo uys need to let up on poor y.link hes one of me mains apart from ganon and zelda (not sheik either). point =y.lnk is one of the BEST characters in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom