• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
I highly doubt that article's validity. It says the picture shows Zero Suit Samus fighting her pterodactyl enemy, Ridley, but he is nowhere to be seen in the pic. And is Bowser Jr. even in the New Super Mario Bros.?

They even spelled Ridley's name wrong.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
It's been posted and outed as false at least half a dozen times that I've seen in the last few days. Like Maelstrom said, stick to the dojo, smashbros.com.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Maelstrom said:
IGN and other reliable (or semi) sites never make that kind of mistake
Just the other day i spotted a typo on IGN, actually.

OmegaFujin

Smash Cadet
I personally think that regardless of what nintendo states on who and how many characters they will take out, they may just leave them in anyways just to make fans happy, and because in other mario titles that had multiple characters, none were ever removed, only added. I mean like the Mario sports titles, and Mario Karts.

Nintendo can say anything about taking a character out and change there minds, but what they most likely won't do is promise characters to be added then not add them.

Though I do agree they will probably change the movesets of certain characters, ESPECIALLY Young Link.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
OmegaFujin said:
I personally think that regardless of what nintendo states on who and how many characters they will take out, they may just leave them in anyways just to make fans happy, and because in other mario titles that had multiple characters, none were ever removed, only added. I mean like the Mario sports titles, and Mario Karts.

Nintendo can say anything about taking a character out and change there minds, but what they most likely won't do is promise characters to be added then not add them.

Though I do agree they will probably change the movesets of certain characters, ESPECIALLY Young Link.
When was the last time you saw Toadette or Paratroopa in MK:DS?

burrito

Smash Lord
The main point is that this is not Mario Kart, Mario Party, or a Mario Spots title. It's Super Smash Bros. The characters are much more important to this series.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Personally. I think the game should be created for all the characters rarther than the Mario Vs Bowser Adventure mode in Melee. That was based around the Mario games and is unfair as no other (Playable) character as a Boss.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
They mostly will be the same. Gannondorf should have a different move set and Roy should have another move set or will be kicked off. Dr. Mario is now just a skin. Young Link is getting a new move set. Falco should remain the same. Pichu is getting a new move set or is being kicked off. Bowser MIGHT be getting a new move set or at least some changes. But other than that, Everyone else will remain the same.

SR7884

Smash Apprentice
Ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong
I've just read Mic_Fox's update on the stage discussion, which says that the castle stage is actually a Fire Emblem stage....can we now safely confirm that Marth or Roy are in SSBB?

because I don't see the point of a FE stage being in SSBB if Marth or Roy aren't in it.....

General Pico

Smash Rookie
The 4 original racers from the the F-Zero series and maybe Black Bhadow and Deathborn & possibly Blood Falcon. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
SR7884 said:
I've just read Mic_Fox's update on the stage discussion, which says that the castle stage is actually a Fire Emblem stage....can we now safely confirm that Marth or Roy are in SSBB?

because I don't see the point of a FE stage being in SSBB if Marth or Roy aren't in it.....
I could have sworne there were more characters from Fire Emblem than just Roy and Marth :laugh: :dizzy: :psycho:

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Holy ****, it's Maelstrom!!!!!

Personally, I've never played a Fire Emblem game ever. Yes, I know >_> . . .it's on my to do list. But frankly, after getting f-smash tippered by Marth for a 60% KO on Yoshi's Island a billion times, I really have very little incentive to play any Fire Emblem game.

As for keeping all the characters, it'd probably be a good idea to keep everyone in SSBM in SSBB--that way, all the rabid fanboys stay relatively happy. Until they all realize that Link was nerfed to bottom tier. >_>

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
outrunrazgriz said:
They mostly will be the same. Gannondorf should have a different move set and Roy should have another move set or will be kicked off. Dr. Mario is now just a skin. Young Link is getting a new move set. Falco should remain the same. Pichu is getting a new move set or is being kicked off. Bowser MIGHT be getting a new move set or at least some changes. But other than that, Everyone else will remain the same.
NOOOOOO!!!! >( None of that has been confirmed! If it's not plain confirmed fact, which we can only get from the dojo, then don't state it fact.

maelstrom218 said:
As for keeping all the characters, it'd probably be a good idea to keep everyone in SSBM in SSBB--that way, all the rabid fanboys stay relatively happy. Until they all realize that Link was nerfed to bottom tier. >_>
I realize you were being facetious, but that had still better not happen. Link has it hard enough as it is between being a fastfaller, lag, and poor jumping. He certainly didn't look like he'd be bottom tier in the trailer.

for all of you who are wondering how snake is in ssbb it might have something to do that in his interview with egm hideo kojima said that his favorite part of e3 was the wii
i think thats enough to justify snake in brawl
as for his moves, they will probably determine whether hes the best or the worst character in the game
for those of you who love mgs3 as much as me let's keep hoping for mgs4 for wii

Eternal Sailor Moon

Smash Cadet
well i want ribbon but she is so unknown and forgotten it might not happen..i mean ice climbers were also not thought of fopr ssbm but pitt is confermed and takes the place of the old and nearly forgotten so i donno

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't this CONFIRMED charcter disscusion thread?

Anyway what do you think zamus' down and up b moves are? (im asuming gun would be b and whip > b like sheiks but zamus can move.)

Eternal Sailor Moon

Smash Cadet
i dont know but i just doubt that ribbon will be in it but im hoping anyway..but i dont like samus that much sry so i dont know......cause i like dont play those games and yeah sry i cant help there

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kurizu208 said:
Wasn't this CONFIRMED charcter disscusion thread?

Anyway what do you think zamus' down and up b moves are? (im asuming gun would be b and whip > b like sheiks but zamus can move.)
I have no ideas for zamus b moves, just the blaster but thats it

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Well, in MZM my brother told me that when you lost the suit you still had some kind of gun and never had a whip (because he traded it in before I got to that part, jerk),, so not too much will probably be based off MZM. I'm glad they gave her a whip, anyway, it brings in more variety.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
i dont care much for zamus, all i know about smaus w/o her suit is that if you beat metroid really fast she took it off. i dont really see zero suit samus being too different from samus. but w/e

for snake's shield, if it's the cardboard box, the box should gradually become more and more soggy, as opposed to it getting smaller.

Eternal Sailor Moon

Smash Cadet
me either..i didnt care much for samus either....i just didnt like her..and well yeah..i mean is she just gonna be a person beside her sword and whip who kicks and punches otherwise...cause thats boring

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
blaksheap82 said:
Well, in MZM my brother told me that when you lost the suit you still had some kind of gun and never had a whip (because he traded it in before I got to that part, jerk),, so not too much will probably be based off MZM. I'm glad they gave her a whip, anyway, it brings in more variety.
I've played it and the gun does, indeed, suck. Where would they come up with the idea for a whip? It hasn't been in any Metroid games and therfore does not pretain to the Metroid Franchise. (Just for thought) One of her special moves could be the speed booster where you could shinespark and other moves with it. After all, it is one of the most valued moves in the Metroid series. :ohwell:

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Shinesparking... now that'd be an interesting sort of thing to add to Zamus. I hope she can utilise the speed boost. I can't wait to see how Zamus handles, Samus always was one of my favourite characters and I could see Zamus being just as fun.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
outrunrazgriz said:
Zero suit samus' laser whip SHOULD work like Marths blade or another sword so... Why not call it a lightsaber and be done with it?
its a whip not a sword it wont be anything like marth's blade.

Zink

Smash Champion
It sort of bends when she takes it out.
I wonder if she will have a blaster at all? Because the gun IS part of the suit, and all she's holding is the whip, so unless it is a gun as well as a whip there might not be a blaster at all. So she'd be more of a short range character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom