• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I personally think G&W should stay.

-Legend :luigi:
I have always had a problem with G&W becaude he looks so weird on the screen. But, that really is my opinion about him.

There is alot to think about though when it comes to how they are going to work Zamus into the game. Should be intresting...

-SMB

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
I have always had a problem with G&W becaude he looks so weird on the screen. But, that really is my opinion about him.

There is alot to think about though when it comes to how they are going to work Zamus into the game. Should be intresting...

-SMB
G&W is a weird character thats for sure, lol. His movements and his actual moves can just get confusin.

But I'm just guessin that Zamus will only turn to her true form after a certain amount of damage. Just my opinion though ;)

-Legend :luigi:

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
The really annoying thing about that radio show rumour was that it's the sole reason why hundres of 'fans' (Read: idiots who have no concept of what Smash is truely about) on the internet are suddenly requesting Mr.G&W and Ice Climbers should be booted out. I blame 1up.com for spreading the rumour in the first place, and then refuesing to take it down even after it was proven fake.

Man,people really don't know how to follow rules.>_<

But anyway,the characters i'm looking forward to playing with are.

Mario(duh)
Link
Pit

Mostly Pit,i wonder if he can interchange fighting styles...but that would make more moveset complications.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
I really like the Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, but that's not the topic of this thread.

I'm sorry about how long it is, feel free to just skim it.:ohwell:

As for the confirmed characters, I hope that Pit is able to use his bow for more than one attack (like Link) since that is all that was used in the original game. Also, I'd like to see him be able to use those katana sort of blades to finally inflict some lasting damage on Kirby. (or Jigglypuff if she gets in):laugh:

Then, for Metaknight, I would hope that he can switch from his cape to his wings in order to fly (we saw this in the trailer), and then back to the cape for when he is on the ground. Maybe it could even be used for his shield instead of the standard Bubble.

For Kirby, well all I can say is that his character has been in every game so I guess the only things to be hoping for is that his super attack is very good, he gets Metaknight's sword when he copies Metaknight, he uses Pit's bow when he copies Pit, he gets Wario's "waft":urg: when he copies Wario, Zamus's whip when he copies her, and Snake's "Sma****ized" weapons when he copies him.

On to Zamus. First I am hoping that she transforms by means of a button combination, or maybe even gaining damage. Still I know that in all likelihood, she will be the result of Samus's super attack.:mad: Now, for her gun/whip I hope the gun is like Falco's, not Fox's, because that would allow her to stun at close range then use whatever whip combos we come up with. And for the whip, I hope that it is in some way utilized in her grabbing maneuvers, as well as being 1 or 2 of her B button moves. preferrably it would be a simple whip lash for B and a swiping whip swing for down B.

Wario. Well, he really just better be able to be as un-Mario as possible. Farting is a good start, but I'd like to see him use his ability to the fullest. Maybe, he could pull out his motorcyle for when he is dashing, or he could belly flop as a smash attack, I don't know, I haven't played too many of his games.

Snake. Well, now we now he is just using explosives. Still, those could be fine. If he could use remote mines rather than motion sensors or something that would be good. (I can see sticking them on the ceiling of the tunnel in Hyrule temple and letting one person walk right through and then blow up someone else).:grin: Hurling grenades seems standard, might end up being similar to Yoshi's egg throw but with an explosion. As for the Box, well it had better either last long and have high hp or last long and blend in with the surroundings/move him sideways like an extended sidestep.

For Pikachu, I want to see everything get electrified when he uses his Super. If there really are destructible parts of the stage (there were a few in Melee) then they better be gone, and I would hope that whenever anyone uses a Super it moves all the fighters into a wasteland stage like we saw in the trailer.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I can't believe people still think Wario going to be like Mario. Weren't you listening to me before any of the characters were even revealed that Wario would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Mario? Even if you weren't, it should be incredibly obvious by now that Wario and Mario will have nothing in common.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
I could imagine a moveset for Snake, but then they announced he won't use guns. Despite Fox, Falco, Samus, Ray Gun, Super Scope...

Let's see... Grenades... Cardboard Box... uh... punches? Hmm...

And I can imagine all his gear and body armor weighs him down, he won't be very fast. He'll be relatively low on the Tier list. And Wario will be right next to Bowser*. SLOOOOOOOOOW.

I expect Pit's wings and Metaknight's wings to have recovery skill rivaling Peach. Also, Peach*, Jigglypuff*, Kirby, Pit, Metaknight**, and other aerial characters may have a nice high spot on the new tiers, since the devs said they wanted to put more focus on the aerial combat.

*If they're brought back.
**The devs announced MK will have the jumping ability of Kirby/Jiggly.

Char

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to play as Wario. to the guy who said he would be slow but powerful, well from the games I have played with Wario as the main character he Is very fast and powerful. I can see most of his moves involving grappling. He might have a smashB like bowser where he grabs the character by the nexk and toss them in four directions in addition to the normal four throws that he will have.

I am interested in meta knight too, but there isn't much I can say about him.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Oh, right, I forgot about Wario's charge tackle. But aside from that move, Wario will be relatively slow. But he's going to have bad jumping ability, I expect. Given the attack they called 'Wario Waft", it's clear his fatness will play heavily into how he behaves.

Rueh

Smash Rookie
Hi.

What i think is that Wario would be a bad char, like Bowser and DK, those char are not very popular in tournaments.
The only thing i think is sure about Wario is that he is going to have an atack similar to Bowser's DownB
Pit is gonna be like Kirby and Link, at least 3 jumps, come on man, swords, arrorw? What else?
Meta Knight will rox for sure, its atacks are awsome in the trailer. Very fast. Another thing is his DownB equal to Fox's shine.

I cant wait to see Fox's spacial atack.
Plz, no more power for Link. =/

Hehehe.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, Sakurai and his team are probably unoriginal enough to use the same move for three different characters (Bowser, Yoshi, and Wario? I don't think so).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hi.

What i think is that Wario would be a bad char, like Bowser and DK, those char are not very popular in tournaments.
The only thing i think is sure about Wario is that he is going to have an atack similar to Bowser's DownB
Pit is gonna be like Kirby and Link, at least 3 jumps, come on man, swords, arrorw? What else?
Meta Knight will rox for sure, its atacks are awsome in the trailer. Very fast. Another thing is his DownB equal to Fox's shine.

I cant wait to see Fox's spacial atack.
Plz, no more power for Link. =/

Hehehe.
1. Bowser and DK are not bad characters if you can use their power to their full capacity. speed doens't always matter. I'll asume wario will be a good character

2. Alright, HOW do think this? I'm sure sakurai will come up with a new attack, and Bowser, along with every character, WILL BE CHANGED, so he may not have his same down B.

3. what else? WHAT ELSE! He will have arrows, yes. He will have swords, yes. He Will jump more than once, yes. Will he be like Link and Kirby combined? NO! We can tell that from the trailer that Pit will be more fast and nimble with his Bow / Swords than Link.

4. While we do not know Meta-Knight's moveset, his Down B may very well be a cape. But, we see in the trailer, that it is NOTHING like Fox's shine

5. You spelled "attack" wrong.

6. ALL POWER TO THE LINK!

WAAASSSUUUPP

Smash Apprentice
Please, stop making me want to jab a pencil into my temple.
Dude, you're my hero! :grin: Anyways, on topic. I really like the additions, Pit is really unique in what he can do! I NEEDED Metaknight to be in this game, one Kirby character is not enough! ZSSamus is rather interesting, I wonder how the implement her. Wario is just funny, I like him and his original attack :chuckle:

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Granted, Snake is a bad-a**.
Granted, his B moves will all include 'slow' explosives. I'm saying 'slow' because that is what they will average out too. He might be like Samus, with some fast, useful moves, but then some slower ones as well.

I get the feeling his B moves will not be stellar, so all we can do is hope his CQC IS stellar to make up for it.

Arj

Smash Apprentice
1. Bowser and DK are not bad characters if you can use their power to their full capacity. speed doens't always matter. I'll asume wario will be a good character
Wtf are you talking about? 3 of the better Bowsers in the world get stocks taken off by Chu/Ken/Isai when they play them 3v1. Bowser and DK are bad characters, and in the hands of the better players in the world, they are simply mediocre.

In Brawl I have a feeling that 95% of people are going to be playing with ZS Samus, Snake, or Meta Knight at first.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I just hope Snake does not lose his..finesse. I mean Snake is awesome man, although I keep thinking..Is Snake going to be Snake? I mean by that is Snake going to be like Snake in the PSone? Or..they are going to change him dramactilly?
Well, Hideo Kojima (Snake's creator) is overseeing those aspects of the game, IE those dealing with Snake: his level, his design, etc. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Rueh

Smash Rookie
Sry but my english is not good enough im from venezuela xD
I know that they wont have the same move, but style.
Pal thats what i think, its only an opinion.

Ummm. Its true that Bowser and Dk are not the worst chars in the world, but ppl dont use them more than Sheik or Falco, even Jigg is popular.

Cant wait to see Sneak's moves, would him use C4?
I think SSB needed another char like Falcon, i mean in appearance.

I will be interesting if he could use rocket laucher xD.

DomLink

Smash Rookie
I can see Snake being good, kind of a mix between Capn' Falcon and Shiek....though the rumored "explosive weapons could be interesting. lol could you picture 'nades in ssbb? I would also like to see Snake be able to snap a charactors neck from behind....ok so theres no chance for that..but i think the prospect is kinda funny.

Rueh

Smash Rookie
I wonder if he will use granades in the same way than link does with his bombs. You know, like a item, or like Peach's DownB. Would be kool.

What about the Socom?
I would be awsome.

I know, im thinking based in the actual chars of the game. But those moves could be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom