• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Does anyone know that move by Meta Knight where he cloaks himself? Is that his R Shield?
I know that Meta Knight has multiple jumps like Kirby which is pretty cool.

Rueh

Smash Rookie
hey quit hatin on the link man
xD
I hate him but i still use him, Rather Fox. But...

Will Snake seem kool with a move like Link and Samus'? You know, something like the hookshot. Umm i dunno, I prefer anything else.

I wonder if Snake will use the box and the invicible device, yo know that thing, i dont remember the name.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
i only now just watched the fan made trailers, from clips that are from official sources, and i think i just orgasmed; i cant tell.
; ; its depressing that i cant play the wii and SSBB right now. sigh, i think ill be addicted.

KentBattersby

Smash Rookie
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but word on the street (ie, from a radio interview with SSB:B's director) is that the ice climbers, mr game and watch, and young link will NOT be returning for Brawl.

In Y. Link's place, they will have Wind Waker Link, which is pretty much the same thing.

Also Baby Bowser and Ridley are supposed to be in the game.

But if this is all true, then no more ICs and no more G&W.

source:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but word on the street (ie, from a radio interview with SSB:B's director) is that the ice climbers, mr game and watch, and young link will NOT be returning for Brawl.

In Y. Link's place, they will have Wind Waker Link, which is pretty much the same thing.

source:
It's confirmed fake, it has been for months now.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
The new pics were okay,and yeah no Nintendo stuff at TGS makes me sad. I sincerely hope that September 14th we get more info about Brawl, like anything like maybe just a bunch of clips showing gameplay... lol.

Yeah, that radio thing... fake.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

source:
If I had a penny for everyone who posted the IC and GAW rumor, I'd be crushed by now.

If you at LEAST know the games names in Japanese, yiou can tell the conversation in the background is fake.

Rueh

Smash Rookie
Can anyone gimme the link of the page where i can find that conversation?.
I know it is a fake but i still wanna hear it, the link that the another guy gave i can enter.

And.
About ICs i think those chars are legend by now, when i saw them in SSBM it was amazing to me, to see a char from a very old Nintendo game in 3D, it was so cool.
So i think neither of the actual char would be kicked out.

Zink

Smash Champion
Also, Chu would get kind of mad.
Can we PLEASE put the rumor as false in the title page now so everyone on Earth doesn't run in here with it every other day?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wario was inevitable, and will make a brilliant character.
if they put in wario, then waluigi should get in too. they just go together
Waluigi shouldn't be in. Unlike wario, he hasn't spawned away from being a filler and villian for Luigi, while Wario has the Wario Land, wario World, and wario Ware series. If Waluigi makes an important impact, he'll be a welcome addition in the next Smash, but now is not his time to shine.

Wario is by far the coolest announced character in Brawl.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm still just curious onto who they keep or kick. I'm also trying to find the original thread regarding who is cut... any help men?

Fur

Smash Cadet
i actually wanted to cry when i saw that wario was being added in. i knew it had to happen sometime, but...

another thing... someone said (quite a long time ago, actually; maybe page 51?) that metaknight looked fast. quite honestly, if all of his moves are all three or four moves strung together in a row, and they don't have him moving any faster than they showed in the trailer, he will probably become ineffective in team battles. if his moves are a combo, then it takes almost two seconds to pull them off, giving a third person on the screen enough time to exploit it.

just a thought.

JPW

Smash Ace
i just had this thought it's a bit into the future far stretch. But you know how Sakurai said he would like to keep the 3rd party list low. Say he does confirm Sonic and whoever for 3rd party characters. In the future game, could it be possible he could go with 3 new 3rd parties and ditch the originals, or will the 3 characters from 3rd parties join the smash community, and we face 6 3rd party characters.

What I mean is just because Snake right now is in this one, what is going to happen when the next Smash Bros. comes? Will he he still be considered or will he be ditched for a new 3rd party character.

Though the 3rd party picks could always just be for this one, just for the hell of it.
They could say 3rd parties had their chance in Brawl, because we wanted something different. we wanted to step over the edge, but now we want to bring it back to ninty.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Whether the 3rd party characters return in a possible 4th Smash Bros. is entirely dependant on the 3rd parties and what they want.

That is, if there is a 4th Smash Bros.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
It'll be like the Soul Calibur affect, just not for any other counsel. Sides, Link in SSB was the reason he was in Soul Calibur II.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
They already said Zamus was gonna be fast. I imagine her being pretty similar to Sheik, with lots of weaker combo attacks and wacky ninja skills.

Wario will likely be heavy, powerful, and slow.

Snake I can see being all-round good, except maybe his jumping will blow and he'll be focused on sneaky attacks(obviously).
I couldnt agree more...Snake will be devasting if yoru within arms length of him...of course any character with range attacks would pretty much own him.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I honestly have no idea because I have never played a Metal Gear Solid game, but what is that cardboard box for? What purpose did it serve in MGS? Something that would make me crack up laughing is the first thought that came into my head when I saw that cardboard box. Snake's brawl move: he pops out of a cardboard box, other characters are stunned, caught off guard and dont know what to think or do, snake pwns them. I dont even know how he would do it but he would and it would be awesome.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Snake used the carboard box to hide and sneak around(apparently the places he ventured to order alot of oranges.) I expect it to be used in the same way in Brawl.

icymatt

Smash Lord
You expect Snake to throw oranges? FOOD FIGHT >_<
Nah, that's what Chunky Kong would do.

But, in MGS, the box Snake hides in is an Orange box. They changed it in Brawl so that it is a 'Smash Bros.' box.

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi shouldn't be in. Unlike wario, he hasn't spawned away from being a filler and villian for Luigi, while Wario has the Wario Land, wario World, and wario Ware series. If Waluigi makes an important impact, he'll be a welcome addition in the next Smash, but now is not his time to shine.

Wario is by far the coolest announced character in Brawl.
whoa, hang on look at luigi, he never had his own game until luigi's mansion, but he was in SS64, and how do you know that waluigi won't get his own game on the wii? and he has been in the mario sports games, so its not like hes unknown

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
whoa, hang on look at luigi, he never had his own game until luigi's mansion, but he was in SS64, and how do you know that waluigi won't get his own game on the wii? and he has been in the mario sports games, so its not like hes unknown
mario is Missing, Mario's time machine, the ability to PLAY as Luigi in the main story of the game, luigi as the MAIN CHARACTER, Luigi having an affect on the story line WITH Mario, and do I need remind you about Super Mario Bros 2, or do 12 year olds like yourelf not know anything?

Luigi has really only been a filler in Mario Bros and super Mario Bros, then he branched of on his own. waluigi has only done that once in DDR Mario Mix.

I said IF Waluigi gets a major role in a major Mario title, or better yet, Wario Ware, or even better than that, his own series, then he'll be breaking off the label of a Filler character.

Don't triple post, either.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
uhhhh.....does anyone know of any more other than zamus wario pit snake and meta knight?
and ugh PIKA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom